HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 4.0: Markov practicing with the team, now with contact

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
TwineSniper

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
This thread has some of the most infuriating, backwards thinking I have ever seen.

It honestly makes my blood boil, just reading it.

Now, Markov shoudn't come back because he might hurt the tank!?! There's NO mental benefit of him coming back now after all that time off!

Are you ****ing serious?!

We need to know what kind of jam he's got left! and It's obviously not an athlete, that saying he wont have a mental edge coming back now after all that time off. Players injured for a month feel that twinge in their stomach, let alone someone that's played 7 games in 2 years!!

I can't even read this **** anymore. I'm ashamed as a habs fan. How we regard our OWN players, and just our general hockey knowledge.

Honestly, if I hear anything other than deafening cheers when he hits the ice, I will be the one that's truly INCENSED. ughh!

Old
03-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Lshap

Upsides to Markov playing:

- He regains confidence in his playing ability

- He regains confidence in his knee

- Any unforeseen fragility will be discovered now, before the season ends. If so, we can fill that hole properly this time.

- Teammates familiarize themselves with him and start building chemistry.

- Playing alongside a healthy Markov makes the Habs appear slightly more attractive to potential UFAs.

Downsides to Markov playing:

- He might reverse the tank.

Old
03-05-2012, 06:37 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I'd love for him to take part in practice and work that knee like a machine. But not play. I really want him to practise a lot more and take moderate hits before he actually plays for the Habs. Send him to the WC with Emelin.

Old
03-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWhite53 View Post
This thread has some of the most infuriating, backwards thinking I have ever seen.

It honestly makes my blood boil, just reading it.

Now, Markov shoudn't come back because he might hurt the tank!?! There's NO mental benefit of him coming back now after all that time off!

Are you ****ing serious?!

We need to know what kind of jam he's got left! and It's obviously not an athlete, that saying he wont have a mental edge coming back now after all that time off. Players injured for a month feel that twinge in their stomach, let alone someone that's played 7 games in 2 years!!

I can't even read this **** anymore. I'm ashamed as a habs fan. How we regard our OWN players, and just our general hockey knowledge.

Honestly, if I hear anything other than deafening cheers when he hits the ice, I will be the one that's truly INCENSED. ughh!
You're ashamed to be a Hab fan?

We haven't had a contending team in freakin' two decades but NOW you're ashamed to be a Hab fan? Dude... wake the hell up!

The guy can go test his knees in the World Championships. He can test it in the final few games of the year. He does not need to come back right now when winning is meaningless and actually hurts us.

Old
03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
ProMath

Like someone said earlier....

Zach Parise came back with around 10 games left last years...

OMG ... devils organisation must be really bad !! Anyone with half a brain of hockey would know that !! There were absolutely nothing to gain for them !!

wait...

who is Lou Lamoriello ?

Old
03-05-2012, 07:18 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You're ashamed to be a Hab fan?

We haven't had a contending team in freakin' two decades but NOW you're ashamed to be a Hab fan? Dude... wake the hell up!

The guy can go test his knees in the World Championships. He can test it in the final few games of the year. He does not need to come back right now when winning is meaningless and actually hurts us.
I'll NEVER be ashamed to be a Habs fan because of the performance on the ice. Disappointed? hell yes. But, I'm a Habs fan through and through, as long as I knew what hockey was, I loved the Habs. I guess that's where we are different.

Feel free to cheer for someone else. Judging by your attitude in this thread, while spouting the same lines through out, not acknowledging if people have good points arguing the other side. We won't miss ya.

The season is done, regardless of where we finish, we will be drafting in the best position we've had in 7 years, not to mention the 2nd's we stockpiled, so we have ample opportunity to move up.

Markov will do nothing but at least lift the spirits of the fans, well I guess "most" fans.

Old
03-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Habit11

What if Markov comes back and plays without a stick? He can still skate around, and take hits, but have zero positive impact on the game (kind of like most of the D this season). Then everybody's happy, right?

Seriously, if he's healthy he plays, they have to see 10min a game from him to start and see how he handles that, then a little more per game until season's end. He won't hurt the tank anyway, Habs' will take maybe 1 pt on this west coast swing (history be our predictor), and then lose to Buffalo when they get back. At the earliest he'd return after the trip imo, based on his comments today.

Old
03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
What if Markov comes back and plays without a stick? He can still skate around, and take hits, but have zero positive impact on the guy (kind of like most of the D this season). Then everybody's happy, right?

Seriously, if he's healthy he plays, they have to see 10min a game from him to start and see how he handles that, then a little more per game until season's end. He won't hurt the tank anyway, Habs' will take maybe 1 pt on this west coast swing (history be our predictor), and then lose to Buffalo when they get back. At the earliest he'd return after the trip imo, based on his comments today.
The Habs always claim to ease them into the lineup, and by the second game he's playing 25 mins a game.

Old
03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Lshap

Quote:
What if Markov comes back and plays without a stick?
I hear this in an Eric Idle voice and crack up.

Thanks for a really good laugh.

Old
03-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Ginu

Markov won't make that much of a difference. There's what, 16 games left? We went 4-1 and made up, what, 2 points? We're 4 points behind Carolina if they win their game in hand. A comeback is IMPOSSIBLE. According to sportsclubstats.com, we have a 0% chance of making 8th and a 1% chance of making 10th. Give it up lol

He's not going to reverse the tank.

Old
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
What if Markov comes back and plays without a stick?
Thought DD's line had hidden all the sticks from the rest of the team, and only PK found one in January.

Gomez has taken his search to the beach...

Old
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Shad

Hopfully he's back for the game after next so we can still get 90 points

Old
03-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I'll NEVER be ashamed to be a Habs fan because of the performance on the ice. Disappointed? hell yes. But, I'm a Habs fan through and through, as long as I knew what hockey was, I loved the Habs. I guess that's where we are different.

Feel free to cheer for someone else. Judging by your attitude in this thread, while spouting the same lines through out, not acknowledging if people have good points arguing the other side. We won't miss ya.

The season is done, regardless of where we finish, we will be drafting in the best position we've had in 7 years, not to mention the 2nd's we stockpiled, so we have ample opportunity to move up.

Markov will do nothing but at least lift the spirits of the fans, well I guess "most" fans.
Um...
Quote:
I'm ashamed as a habs fan.
Okay...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Markov won't make that much of a difference. There's what, 16 games left? We went 4-1 and made up, what, 2 points? We're 4 points behind Carolina if they win their game in hand. A comeback is IMPOSSIBLE. According to sportsclubstats.com, we have a 0% chance of making 8th and a 1% chance of making 10th. Give it up lol

He's not going to reverse the tank.
No, but some teams could pass us. Carolina, Isles...

Old
03-05-2012, 07:51 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

While he might reverse the tank its good to have Markov play a few games this year.

First to see if he can still play at a good level - if he can't we need to find a real solution on defense this summer. If he can we should try to unload Kaberle.

Second this allows him to practice a bit so he's slightly less rusty coming into next year. It also shows the fans that Markov will be ready to play next year. Its going to be hard to believe until we see him on the ice making sweet plays.

Cunneyworth should give more games to Budaj to compensate, and even more ice time to Darche.

Old
03-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Anything to get that mother****ing pair of Kaberle-Campoli blown up. Anything. Come on Markov, I'll even excuse you for playing scared; it's not worth playing too hard when the season's lost and you'll still be more effective than Campoli.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:08 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
What if Markov comes back and plays without a stick? He can still skate around, and take hits, but have zero positive impact on the game (kind of like most of the D this season). Then everybody's happy, right?

How about
Max DDH Cole
Geoffrion Engqvist Palushaj
Markov Subban Gorges
White Gomez Plekanec

Kaberle Campoli
Weber Bourque
Emelin Staubitz

If that ain't tanking nothing is.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Markov won't play enough minutes to really make a difference. He'll play Kaberle minutes, I think.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Markov won't play enough minutes to really make a difference. He'll play Kaberle minutes, I think.
I have a crazy feeling that the PP will improve quite a bit with Markov.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:54 PM
SnapVirus

I'd make him play mostly on PP. So he can gain confidence back, and not risk any injury due to big hit.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
How about
Max DDH Cole
Markov Subban Gorges
White Gomez Plekanec

Kaberle Campoli
Weber Bourque
Emelin Staubitz

3rd line should be:

Subban - Markov - Gorges

I just think PK would be a better power winger then Click lol

Old
03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Easy solution for everyone.

Play Budaj in all the remaining games. That way Markov will gain form and our PP will be killer. We'll lose every game 6-5 so we'll still get a top draft pick and be good going into next year.

Price can just stay in Calgary and prepare for the Stampede. No biggie.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
How about
Max DDH Cole
Markov Subban Gorges
White Gomez Plekanec

Kaberle Campoli
Weber Bourque
Emelin Staubitz

If JM saw that he would be really pissed. He'd love to have had Markov back plus use 4 other Dmen on the same shift. The only that would have made him happier... a delayed penalty and him getting to throw another D on the ice (a D or Tom Pyatt).

Seriously, looking at that roster, no matter where you line the players up it's still the same cluster**** of mostly AHLers with 1 offensive line, 1 solid D pairing, and wingless Plekanec. Markov alone can not de-tank this roster. We should be thrilled to see his skillset come back.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:14 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Um...

Okay...

No, but some teams could pass us. Carolina, Isles...
The semantics of "I am ashamed as a Habs fan" is not the same as "I am ashamed to be a Habs fan."

You don't sit guys to deliberately tank. When Markov is ready to play, he should play.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I mean seriously, if your going to suggest Markov will hurt the chances of the Habs drafting in the top 5, then you might as well suggest they sit out Price, Subban, Gorges, DD, Pacio and Cole...maybe fire RC while at it and have Youppi coach the final 15 games

Pfffftttt!!!!
If (and thats a big if) Markov returns to his old for. He's the best player on this team bar none. There was a time that we couldn't win without him.

Old
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If (and thats a big if) Markov returns to his old for. He's the best player on this team bar none. There was a time that we couldn't win without him.
that says more about the team rather than markov.

Closed Thread