HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XIV (Evaluation: We need NHL players)

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Oil In My Veins

vCash: 500
@dstaplesDavid Staples

Is strapping #Sabres winger Drew Stafford the right fit for the Edmonton #Oilers? http://shar.es/WTQB5

Old
01-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
Stafford would be a nice fit for the Oilers probably means we won't get him though

Old
01-18-2012, 01:29 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post

True, because there is such an abundance of available and legit top-4 defensemen.
And you would consider Whitney a "legit top-4 defenseman" right now? lol

Alex Plante is probably a better NHLer right now. More mobile too.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Oil In My Veins

@dantencerDan Tencer

Pierre McGuire will be on the show tonight. He informs me of one Eastern Conference playoff team with "significant" interest in Ryan Smyth.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:37 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
@dantencerDan Tencer

Pierre McGuire will be on the show tonight. He informs me of one Eastern Conference playoff team with "significant" interest in Ryan Smyth.
I wonder if tencer ever got that steak from mcguire.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:38 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

I don't think he's played to that standard this year at all, but with that being said there really is no reason to move him for nothing. Might as well hope he gets better and move him next year. Getting a 4th rounder for him does us nothing.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsands View Post
Some of you guys are hilarious. Hemsky and a 2nd for Schenn? Gagner and Khabby for Miller?

Hope you stay on these boards and don't go to the main trade forum.
The main forum is little too loony for me, the hate for Edmonton is a little to much for me to handle there. Don't want Miller, his reputation has me questioning if you want that in your locker room and it would take a lot more then Hemsky + 2nd. Must be smokey that wacky stuff to believe Philadelphia would trade Schenn.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

That's a first someone referring to Alex Plante as mobile

Old
01-18-2012, 01:43 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
YOu just can't offer BUF a couple of players that you don't want on our team for Miller. Before you decide think that if Miller was playing for the Oilers what would we want.
This. I am quite sure a Miller deal will never happen because BUF would definitely ask that one of Hall, RNH and Ebs would be part of it. We can throw as many players as we want but they'll not go for it unless one of the kids is part of the deal imo. This means of course that the deal won't happen.

Miller, no gonna happen. I'd check the price for Rask but I think that as well will be too high. There are a few more out there right now which I'd inform myself on a bit more. Enroth, Lindback, Harding, (and two more I can't remember right now, too much wine...)

Old
01-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I don't think he's played to that standard this year at all, but with that being said there really is no reason to move him for nothing. Might as well hope he gets better and move him next year. Getting a 4th rounder for him does us nothing.
Very good point, unless you think he's washed up and are hoping to open up a roster spot and some cap space but if that's the case I doubt anyone trades for him even for a 4th round pick.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Take this with a grain of salt but I heard that Hemsky is 95 to 100 percent going to be traded and has been told this already and that 4 teams are heavily involved and 4 are current top teams
Hemsky spotted out in front of his house after hearing this news.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkeep View Post
The main forum is little too loony for me, the hate for Edmonton is a little to much for me to handle there. Don't want Miller, his reputation has me questioning if you want that in your locker room and it would take a lot more then Hemsky + 2nd. Must be smokey that wacky stuff to believe Philadelphia would trade Schenn.
Why cant they trade Schenn? Couturier fell to them and has shown to be a better then Schenn already. 17 pts and +13 for Couturier vs 4pts and -6 for Schenn.
With Giroux going nowhere and Brier around Schenn could be had for the right price.

If Hemsky is worth a 1st then Hemsky+ very high 2nd could be enough to get Schenn. PHI already has Voracek, Simmonds,, Jagr, JVR, Read and Hartnell on the wing though.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:00 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Why cant they trade Schenn? Couturier fell to them and has shown to be a better then Schenn already. 17 pts and +13 for Couturier vs 4pts and -6 for Schenn.
With Giroux going nowhere and Brier around Schenn could be had for the right price.

If Hemsky is worth a 1st then Hemsky+ very high 2nd could be enough to get Schenn. PHI already has Voracek, Simmonds,, Jagr, JVR, Read and Hartnell on the wing though.
If PHI is going to move any forward it's going to be for help on their backend.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:02 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I wonder if tencer ever got that steak from mcguire.
If Smytty is good with it, may as well deal him at the deadline for the extra asset

Old
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post

Your dreaming to think that, Shenn is the Flyers future and they can afford to wait and to offer Hemsky + 2nd would have Paul Holmgren laughing for a month.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:29 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
@dantencerDan Tencer

Kinda forgot and maybe I'm jumping the gun, but ST did meet with Meehan yesterday. I have to think ST should know whether or not this is even an option. Or at the very least ST let Meehan know that he's had offers.

Interesting timing either way.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Your dreaming to think that, Shenn is the Flyers future and they can afford to wait and to offer Hemsky + 2nd would have Paul Holmgren laughing for a month.
Giroux is THE Flyer future. Schenn is not more valuable then JVR, Voracek or Couturier.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:00 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 10185
Quote:
While I agree that Hemsky and a 2nd won't land Schenn, I'd be surprised if he's not available for a top 4 d-man to replace Pronger.... If Whitney was having a good year, I think that could've been a good basis of a trade....but he's not so I guess it's moot.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Banny1089

You would think the Rangers would be one team interested in Smyth. We have quite the trade history with the Rangers. Smyth would be a great addition for Rangers, but what would we get in return. (Of course we ask Smyth if he would accept the trade, as it would just be for the chance to win a cup)

Proposal:

Rangers: Smyth + 2nd

Edm: Del Zotto

Thoughts?

Old
01-18-2012, 04:18 PM
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banny1089 View Post
You would think the Rangers would be one team interested in Smyth. We have quite the trade history with the Rangers. Smyth would be a great addition for Rangers, but what would we get in return. (Of course we ask Smyth if he would accept the trade, as it would just be for the chance to win a cup)

Proposal:

Thoughts?
Del Zotto is their Dman version of Eberle. No way they deal him for Smyth + 2nd.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Jean Ralphio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banny1089 View Post

Proposal:

Thoughts?

I really don't think they would go for that. MDZ is pretty much their number one defenceman right now (or at least playing like it), Tortorella seems to really like him, and he would cost a lot more than a rental and a 2nd.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I don't think the Rangers would trade a UFA 35 year old winger for a 21 year old potential stud D

Old
01-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Hensch

i don't think they will either, i think you're probably looking at a return for Smyth from the Rangers:

2nd or higher Pick or High Prospect

Old
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Banny1089

Would you agree that Smyth is a guy they would be looking at to bring in? I agree Del Zotto would be a tough guy to squeeze out of the Rangers.

What would the Rangers deal for Smythy?

Old
01-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Banny1089

Top 5 teams who I think would want Smyths services are:

Rangers
Penguins
Flyers
Bruins
Wings

Possibly Washington. It would be worth taking a look at Jeff Schultz