HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals vs Canadians. 7:30pm. Bell Centre. 1.18.2012

Old
01-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
From Whyno:
Quote:
“For us to say we're going go out there and take liberties at him or something like that, probably not. I think we'll definitely be playing hard for sure,” right wing Joel Ward said. “I'm sure guys are going to be playing pretty hard, especially against him and let him know that what he did we thought was a pretty cheap shot.”
Looks like Alzner's not the only one bold enough to give him a stern talking-to. Can you imagine how bad he's going to feel if he gets that from more than one guy? I almost hope they show some mercy.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:55 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Rene may very well do the turtle dance tonight.

Tonights Fight Card.
WAS: Matt Hendricks (7), John Erskine (3), Troy Brouwer (2), Jason Chimera (2), Karl Alzner (1), Jay Beagle (1)

MON: Travis Moen (3), Petteri Nokelainen (2), Matt Blundin (1), Hal Gill (1), Max Pacioretty (1), P.K. Subban (1), Ryan White (injured)
I believe Beagle is the healthy forward scratch tonight.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:57 PM
tycoonheart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
From Whyno:

Looks like Alzner's not the only one bold enough to give him a stern talking-to. Can you imagine how bad he's going to feel if he gets that from more than one guy? I almost hope they show some mercy.
lol.

"Excuse me Mr Bourque, I wanted to let you know how unprofessional it was of you to take liberties at Mr. Backstrom last time we met. I would implore you to keep that to a minimum, thank you. If you do otherwise, I will have to ask my teammates to come talk to you as well."

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:01 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Brouwer has all but forced himself to do something in light of his previous comment. I suspect Erskine will beat him to it though, being scratched so much of late.

Bourque's fight card this year (zero) tells me he may turtle. If he cared about standings points, he certainly could and infuriate us even more, giving Monty PP's.

But he is at home on a new team, so maybe just maybe he thinks he will be labeled a wuss if he turtles. I predict he owns up to it and drops the gloves.

If he turtles, I think at his next phone book visit... a new whoops victim will be born. Regardless, boo's will be heard.

BTW, Alzner is my dark horse candidate to fight him.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Capitlols

For some reason I didn't know that Brouwer has fought his share of tough customers through the years. Notably Bieksa, Iginla, Prust, amongst others and he's held his own.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I want multiple fights, preferably both/all with Erskine, and constant, physical harassment. Hit him when he's on the ground in the fights, hard. I predict he will have to fight once, possibly not even against Erskine, and it will be inconsequential. I would rather they get proper payback against Bourque than win the game, or even score a single goal.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

It's games like this you really wish we still had Doig or Kiwi.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Should have demoted Kundratek and called up King. Tonight's going to be a ****show.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:16 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Should have demoted Kundratek and called up King. Tonight's going to be a ****show.
Why? Nobody on MTL would fight him, and the Caps can't afford to have him do something way over the top and put themselves in a hole during the game (like long PK etc.)

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:20 PM
marcel snapshot

As with many of today's weasels, Bourque is a visor fighter. So whoever challenges him tonight needs to make sure to push that thing off his face first.

On a related note, I always get irked when people say Matt Cooke took his medicine for his head-shot on Savard by answering the invitation to fight Shawn Thornton. Thornton asked Cooke to take his visor/helmet off, and Cooke refused -- Thornton kinda shook his head and the fight never really amounted to much.

Evander Kane's KO of Matt Cooke shows what happens when a weasel is stripped of his visor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:23 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Don't think so.

Buy crap show you mean us playing boring, meaningless, defensive hockey getting 2 shots a period while the other team gets 10 a period while the other team continues to actually stand up for their players and clear the crease and hit someone that is coming near the goaltender?

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
As with many of today's weasels, Bourque is a visor fighter. So whoever challenges him tonight needs to make sure to push that thing off his face first.

On a related note, I always get irked when people say Matt Cooke took his medicine for his head-shot on Savard by answering the invitation to fight Shawn Thornton. Thornton asked Cooke to take his visor/helmet off, and Cooke refused -- Thornton kinda shook his head and the fight never really amounted to much.

Evander Kane's KO of Matt Cooke shows what happens when a weasel is stripped of his visor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA
Another reason to tighten your helmet strap properly, kids. So you don't get murdered by Evander Kane.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
Don't think so.

Buy crap show you mean us playing boring, meaningless, defensive hockey getting 2 shots a period while the other team gets 10 a period while the other team continues to actually stand up for their players and clear the crease and hit someone that is coming near the goaltender?
Did you just say that MONTREAL is going to stand up for players and clear their crease?

Old
01-18-2012, 01:27 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Why? Nobody on MTL would fight him, and the Caps can't afford to have him do something way over the top and put themselves in a hole during the game (like long PK etc.)
This game isn't about the Dubya, it's about BLOOD!

Rabblerabblerabble. Am I doing it right fellow HFCaps fans?

I bet dollars to walnuts absolutely nothing comes of this and we play a complete stinker of a game like they always do on back to back nights.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:27 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
It's games like this you really wish we still had Doig or Kiwi.

Or Holt or Brashear. Hell I would ink Alan May to a one game contract. May was smart, he didn't cost the team PP's. There are plenty of times to settle scores. Watching him manhandle CSN's Ivan Carter at Kettler was priceless. He looked mean.

I would have called up King. Not to fight, nor to skate. Just in case we need him, he is here. To make a statement. Move Hendricks to center, and double Ovi. Get inside Bourque's head. And the other Canadians.

Battle of the sissies!

Old
01-18-2012, 01:32 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Or Holt or Brashear. Hell I would ink Alan May to a one game contract. May was smart, he didn't cost the team PP's. There are plenty of times to settle scores. Watching him manhandle CSN's Ivan Carter at Kettler was priceless. He looked mean.

I would have called up King. Not to fight, nor to skate. Just in case we need him, he is here. To make a statement. Move Hendricks to center, and double Ovi. Get inside Bourque's head. And the other Canadians.

Battle of the sissies!

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:37 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
I'd rather no one on the Caps fights Bourque right at the start of the game. Instead I would prefer that he gets pounded into the boards every time he hits the ice. And then at the end of the game someone fight him and finish him off. Give him a full games worth of pounding, and then repeat the same for the 3 remaining games the Caps have against the Habs.

Also,

JUST ****ING WIN!!!

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:39 PM
NeilYoung

If I see anyone letting up on Bourque at all tonight, there on the **** list

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:40 PM
marcel snapshot

[QUOTE=RandyHolt;42696397]

Or Holt or Brashear. Hell I would ink Alan May to a one game contract. May was smart, he didn't cost the team PP's. QUOTE]

I think the guy behind the bench tonight would more than suffice. Also, Dale knew how to handle weasels with visors. In this tilt with Ulf Samuelsson, before the gloves were even dropped Dale had already put his stick into Samulesson's teeth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st5znR-rL6g

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:43 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Say what you want about Semin, and we all laugh at the infamous bongo incident, but I fully believe he is one of our scrappiest players.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
If I see anyone letting up on Bourque at all tonight, there on the **** list
I would put money on Ward not hitting him if he has an opportunity to do so.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Maybe GMGM should look this guy up for tonights game:

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:46 PM
NeilYoung

Well that's a given I should have made it more clear.

If one of

Brouwer
Ovechkin
Hendricks
Erskine
Orlov

let up on him specifically I'll loose it

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 01:46 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
I would put money on Ward not hitting him if he has an opportunity to do so.
Ward wouldn't hit Megan Fox or Halle Berry if given the opportunity to do so. He'd gingerly skate around them and attempt a poke check.

01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

/thread