HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

1/18/12 "Tap The Rockies" - Panthers VS Avalanche

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2012, 08:12 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
We have been mediocre the last 12 games, not the last couple of months. During that period we haven't won 2 games in a row.

Heres the half glass full:

Despite all the injuries, despite our starter goaltender going down, despite whats perceived to be the harder part of the schedule, we've still managed to not lose 2 games in a row outright, and still accumulate virtually a point a game.
When berg skille and Upshall are back and add the energy we saw through early December, we will hopefully return to that steady pace, and appreciate how we didn't unravel like prior years. We just kept up with a Boston to grab a point, and despite a weaker effort, still stole a road point here. Last year this would be 2 losses for sure.

I appreciate our early fast start giving us a cushion through this slump and hope we get all our guys back next game and turn the page.

Cheers.
Excellent post.

IF this is the low point of the season (and it should be - everyone is coming back), we'll be fine.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:15 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
If only Weiss had passed the puck back to Flash, he would have scored for sure.

Looked like we had some great chances that we couldn't score on, even if the Avs had more shots.

Another point is okay, but we need to get those 2 points again. One point isn't enough.

10 SO/OT loss, league high...
The only reason I can think he didn't make that pass is that Flash has blown what 4-6 point blank chances over the last few games. Not good if the top line isn't trusting each other. Only thing to hope for is that they bust out of this slump soon otherwise they are in a lot of trouble. I would love to blown a team out all these 1 goal games are giving me an ulcer.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:23 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
We have been mediocre the last 12 games, not the last couple of months. During that period we haven't won 2 games in a row.

Heres the half glass full:

Despite all the injuries, despite our starter goaltender going down, despite whats perceived to be the harder part of the schedule, we've still managed to not lose 2 games in a row outright, and still accumulate virtually a point a game.
When berg skille and Upshall are back and add the energy we saw through early December, we will hopefully return to that steady pace, and appreciate how we didn't unravel like prior years. We just kept up with a Boston to grab a point, and despite a weaker effort, still stole a road point here. Last year this would be 2 losses for sure.

I appreciate our early fast start giving us a cushion through this slump and hope we get all our guys back next game and turn the page.

Cheers.
My only fear is Upshall is always hurt, Bergy has been hurt a couple times already this year and Skille has in his own words a really messed up shoulder one good hit one misstep and they are out again. I hope I am wrong because Bergy and Skille were both playing well when they got hurt. Upshall hasn't done much all year so anything we get out of him is great. What do we do Friday with Chicago go with Theo or do we save him for the Jets? If they play the Hawks like they played the Av's they'll get run out of the building.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:36 AM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

AG & Laus, I'm on the same page as you guys. Great posts these last couple pages in this thread.

---

I went to bed immediately after watching the game, it was way past my bedtime. So random thoughts on the game:

-I hate the Avs commentators. Can someone tell them how to pronounce Versteeg's name because it drove me crazy all night.
-Weiss appears to be on a one-man mission to make the playoffs. The announces did praise Weiss for his skill, his hard work, and his play this year. Nice to hear, and nice to see Weiss so driven.
-Vertseeg & Flash however, someone please slap them or something.
-Was it just me or was Matthias quiet last night?
-I actually thought our D looked much better without Jovo. A lot more speed. That game was fast last night.
-Liked what I saw in Repik and Goc last night. Love Goc. He brings it 100% every night it seems.
-Campbell again had a great game I thought.
-Wow our PP is horrible. 5 shots on a double minor? REALLY?
-How many Too Many Men penalties have we had this year? I feel like it's a lot...
-Thought Theo had a great game for his first one back. Too bad about the OT goal, but considering all three of ours were garbage goals then I suppose the hockey gods had to even it out somehow...
-Thought Madden also had a quietly good game. Weaver also had some big blocked shots.
-The Avs were all over us at times, and we need to get better at sustaining play in the opposition end. Yikes.

If I think of more I'll come back...

I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but boy does that loss sting a little. But still, a point is a point! (At least that's how I feel about points versus Western teams).

Old
01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

I don't think that all our goals last night were crap, or lucky. They all had a common theme:

On each goal we had someone driving hard to the net.

Even on chances where we didn't score (ie. 3-on-1 in OT) players were all going hard to the net trying to score. I'd rather see that then players just throwing the puck on net and not following it up.

Had didn't play a full game, looked lost and scrambled in the 3rd and OT. I have the utmost confidence he will bounce back. Remember, this was his first game since missing five. We also have more healthy bodies coming back next game (Bergy, Upshall) supposedly.

I don't see loses like this being a continuing trend.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
AG & Laus, I'm on the same page as you guys. Great posts these last couple pages in this thread.

---

I went to bed immediately after watching the game, it was way past my bedtime. So random thoughts on the game:

-I hate the Avs commentators. Can someone tell them how to pronounce Versteeg's name because it drove me crazy all night.
-Weiss appears to be on a one-man mission to make the playoffs. The announces did praise Weiss for his skill, his hard work, and his play this year. Nice to hear, and nice to see Weiss so driven.
-Vertseeg & Flash however, someone please slap them or something.
-Was it just me or was Matthias quiet last night?
-I actually thought our D looked much better without Jovo. A lot more speed. That game was fast last night.
-Liked what I saw in Repik and Goc last night. Love Goc. He brings it 100% every night it seems.
-Campbell again had a great game I thought.
-Wow our PP is horrible. 5 shots on a double minor? REALLY?
-How many Too Many Men penalties have we had this year? I feel like it's a lot...
-Thought Theo had a great game for his first one back. Too bad about the OT goal, but considering all three of ours were garbage goals then I suppose the hockey gods had to even it out somehow...
-Thought Madden also had a quietly good game. Weaver also had some big blocked shots.
-The Avs were all over us at times, and we need to get better at sustaining play in the opposition end. Yikes.

If I think of more I'll come back...

I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but boy does that loss sting a little. But still, a point is a point! (At least that's how I feel about points versus Western teams).
You forgot to add that every other word out of the Avs commentator's mouths was Mueller. The kid is good but he is not the second coming.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
You forgot to add that every other word out of the Avs commentator's mouths was Mueller. The kid is good but he is not the second coming.
Ugh yes, that too. I was happy for Mueller after what he's been through, but let's all settle down.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I went to bed very angry last night right after the game. Mostly because I hated losing two hours of sleep to stay up late and watch that downfall. The 3rd period reminded me so much of past teams where they couldn't hold the lead with the other team coming at them in a flurry. When you let the opposition get 44 shots on you and can't score on a 4 minute PP, you don't deserve to win. It seemed that some guys were ready to play last night and some were invisible. The top line I thought played a bit better and Weiss's goal showed why he should be considered as the captain with that incredible effort. Goc, Samuelsson, and Kopecky were very noticeable trying to provide whatever offense that they could. I wouldn't say Theo played the best game of his career, but he did keep it the Avs from scoring 6 or 7 goals, which is what Clemmer would have done on a bad night. Now that we've officially dropped to 8th, something obviously has to change NOW if they want to win the division. I'm still very positive about making the playoffs as it really is a 9 team race as of now and this slump will be solved. This just can't continue going to overtime or the shootout and losing 10 out of 13 of them. Games have to be won in regulation and leads have to be held. I don't have high expectations for the game in Chicago, but hopefully this loss hit the players as much as it hit us fans hard. I also apologize for the huge paragraph here, but I'm typing on my phone, which can't skip lines unfortunately.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
zeroG

i will go along with the glass half full sentiment. i was PO'd last night, as that's and hour + (watching on game center) that i won't get back.

however, it's not 12 games. the results have dropped off in that time period but they haven't been playing good hockey consistently for much longer. this inconsistent play dates back to before i saw them in boston early in december (and that was a perfect jeckyl and hyde example game).

Old
01-19-2012, 12:28 PM
hockey dude

You kind of knew last night was going to be what it was. After the good game against Boston Dineen was not going to change the lineup even though injured guys were now available. The guys on the bubble were given an opportunity and none of them stepped up. Repic now waived. Santorelli didn't do anything and should likely be traded or benched. Madden is a fourth line center at best and does not belong between Matthias. Matthias should go back to center probably on the second line, he certainly doesn't deserve fourth line minutes like last night. Guys like Barch and Bradley are what they are - 4th liners at best, Kopecky, Samuellson and even Goc are also what they are and none of them really are second line guys in my humble opinion,

Last night guys were given the opportunity to do something and none of them stepped up; and not for lack of effort it's just who and what they are. As well, the first line i don't believe is cutting it and think it is time for Dineen to show some creativity; frankly I don't think last night was a very well coached game. just my opinion. Think we are still one decent top 6 forward away from a playoff run, The injured guys returning so far have not proved to be that.

Last edited by hockey dude: 01-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
01-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Starting to lose faith here.. Over a month of constant turnovers, passive play in our zone and no ability to score goals

Old
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Cono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Starting to lose faith here.. Over a month of constant turnovers, passive play in our zone and no ability to score goals
If they only would come to every game like they came to Boston-game there wouldn´t be problem.
Still i´m not too worried because Fleischmann, Weiss and Versteeg gets scoring chances in every game, cold streak must come to an end at some point.

Closed Thread