HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD 2012 - Draft Thread I

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2012, 12:05 AM
  #51
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
What time is it in Slovakia? More importantly, what time does work start there? I think we can expect a pick from MadArcand somewhere between 2 and 15 minutes after work starts over there...
It is apparently 7 AM in Slovakia at the moment. I have absolutely no idea what time work starts in Bratislava. Do you have idea what makes you think we can expect a pick in that time frame lol?

vecens24 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 01:49 AM
  #52
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
It is apparently 7 AM in Slovakia at the moment. I have absolutely no idea what time work starts in Bratislava. Do you have idea what makes you think we can expect a pick in that time frame lol?
I have also absolutely no idea what time work starts in that hellhole. Now, as for the civilized parts of the country, anywhere from 6 to 9 AM.

That said, picking within 2 to 15 minutes doesn't really apply here. There's a reason I dread the 4th overall - unless one of the three that just went somehow slips, one's stuck with... well, one could go with one of several D-men. But when life gives you lemons, you make a lemonade, and when ATD gives you The Dreaded 4th Overall, you pick markrander87...



...or maybe Mario Lemieux, C...



...and draft a team that will probably end up very different to the ones I drafted before, as he's anathema to what they used to be. Le sigh.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 06:34 AM
  #53
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
well, one could go with one of several D-men. But when life gives you lemons, you make a lemonade, and when ATD gives you The Dreaded 4th Overall, you pick markrander87...


...and draft a team that will probably end up very different to the ones I drafted before, as he's anathema to what they used to be. Le sigh.
- Or just like I did last draft, when life give you lemon, you kick down the lemon stand and start selling oranges

- The fun of the ATD is also to try and build different kind of teams on different years. I'm sure you'll do fine with arguably the most talented player ever.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 06:36 AM
  #54
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 50
the draft can begins ( even though I think there's still a clear choice next but some might disagree )

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglebelfour
- The fun of the ATD is also to try and build different kind of teams on different years. I'm sure you'll do fine with arguably the most talented player ever.
Yeah I'll try to built a differant kind of team myself , more interesting that way.

BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
  #55
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
God that picture of Mario with that Gold medal never gets old.

Now the draft gets interesting, i'm really hoping my guy falls to 13.

markrander87 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 09:59 AM
  #56
Hawkman
Moderator
 
Hawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
God that picture of Mario with that Gold medal never gets old. ...
When I see ATDers w/o an avatar of an ATD player, it makes me so , I just wanna .

Hawkman is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 10:03 AM
  #57
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 38,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Made Me View Post
When I see ATDers w/o an avatar of an ATD player, it makes me so , I just wanna .
Those are Aki Berg and Kyle Wellwood under the bags in my avatar.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
  #58
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
There's defintiely a clear choice for #5 next, but I'm going to be a while. Kind of shopping this pick if anyone in the next few selections wants it, and then I'm working on something else that could affect this selection. I swear this stuff won't happen when the clock starts, but right now I see no reason not to take advantage of this time. Also I have to walk to class in five mins so I'll probably make my decisions in a few hours here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 10:13 AM
  #59
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 38,789
vCash: 500
Clock hasn't started yet, so no need to rush. Anything that happens before Monday is a bonus

TheDevilMadeMe is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 10:20 AM
  #60
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Yeah, definitely thought Mad wouldnt take Mario, so I'm a touch undecided on my course of action right now.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 10:30 AM
  #61
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Yeah, definitely thought Mad wouldnt take Mario, so I'm a touch undecided on my course of action right now.
????

care to share why?

BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 10:51 AM
  #62
Hawkman
Moderator
 
Hawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Clock hasn't started yet, so no need to rush. Anything that happens before Monday is a bonus
Agreed. I can pick much quicker on weekdays, because my son isn't playing The Old Republic on my home business computer and my wife isn't doing work and graduate school on the laptop.


Last edited by Hawkman: 01-19-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: music
Hawkman is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
  #63
Leafs Forever
Registered User
 
Leafs Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Yeah, definitely thought Mad wouldnt take Mario, so I'm a touch undecided on my course of action right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
????

care to share why?
I know it happened the one time last draft, but trading up hoping for that is a bad gamble

Leafs Forever is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 11:19 AM
  #64
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??
 
Velociraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maritimes
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,666
vCash: 500
I really hope out of the three guys I want, two get selected before 10th.

Velociraptor is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 12:46 PM
  #65
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Forever View Post
I know it happened the one time last draft, but trading up hoping for that is a bad gamble
Eh it's kinda why I traded up from 8 to 5, but also because I wanted my pick of the top 3 defensemen left otherwise, one of which I think fits the style I want to play to a T.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
  #66
Hawkman
Moderator
 
Hawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Eh it's kinda why I traded up from 8 to 5, but also because I wanted my pick of the top 3 defensemen left otherwise, one of which I think fits the style I want to play to a T.
Just in case you pick before Monday I'm "Working for the Weekend" so I can wear my cool red leather pants like this guy!


Hawkman is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 12:53 PM
  #67
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Yeah I'm just going to go ahead and take Doug Harvey, D.



Harvey will be the anchor and probable alternate of what will become a defensive based unit. Don't have time to do a bio now, but I do consider him to be the best defensive defenseman ever, even though there are arguments for a couple of others.

I'll PM papershoes, although he knows I was trying to decide through PMs.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 01:00 PM
  #68
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 38,789
vCash: 500
IMO, Harvey is an easy pick for the 5th position.

There are a couple of other guys who can be argued as better defensemen (though Harvey is definitely in that conversation too), but Harvey's style just makes him the perfect building block for the ATD.

It is pretty funny to me though that you thought Mario Lemieux was likely to slip to #5 two drafts in a row.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 01:11 PM
  #69
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
IMO, Harvey is an easy pick for the 5th position.

There are a couple of other guys who can be argued as better defensemen (though Harvey is definitely in that conversation too), but Harvey's style just makes him the perfect building block for the ATD.

It is pretty funny to me though that you thought Mario Lemieux was likely to slip to #5 two drafts in a row.
Yeah I think it was more the Penguin fan in me just idly praying he would slip to 5 with MadArcand taking Harvey at 4. The reason I was debating was A. because of a trade possibility and B. because I debated taking another center instead of Mario and just going with what my plan was from the start, but Harvey was too good to pass up in my opinion so I went with him instead.

vecens24 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
  #70
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Good pick with Harvey, he'd be my number 5 99% of the time.

markrander87 is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 01:27 PM
  #71
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
It is pretty funny to me though that you thought Mario Lemieux was likely to slip to #5 two drafts in a row.
He very nearly did.

But then I decided that trying extremely different team style might not hurt.

MadArcand is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
  #72
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
IMO, Harvey is an easy pick for the 5th position.
Funny that Harvey is easily not my pick at #5. There is a defenseman, who in my opinion, is unquestionably better.

Most already know who I'm talking about, but we'll get into the specifics when he is drafted.

Dreakmur is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
  #73
Hawkman
Moderator
 
Hawkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,187
vCash: 500
The adult in me has no problem with the 6th pick on Monday. The kid in me looks at the talent level of the top 20 and says "They can't make 1 easy pick this weekend!?!" .

Hawkman is online now  
Old
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
  #74
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Those are Aki Berg and Kyle Wellwood under the bags in my avatar.
And mine is Mike Ricci after a day at the salon.

__________________
Every post comes with the Nalyd Psycho Seal of Approval.
Nalyd Psycho is offline  
Old
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
  #75
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Yeah I'm just going to go ahead and take Doug Harvey, D.



Harvey will be the anchor and probable alternate of what will become a defensive based unit. Don't have time to do a bio now, but I do consider him to be the best defensive defenseman ever, even though there are arguments for a couple of others.

I'll PM papershoes, although he knows I was trying to decide through PMs.
I give you all the rights to use my biography on him. Definitely one of the best I have ever made #bragging (Am I doing this right? Never used twitter!)

EagleBelfour is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.