HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter

Old
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

vCash: 500
Carter

Hey all, Sens Fan coming in peace here...

Just wondering, what's the deal with Carter? I mean, we can all see his production has dipped rather considerably. Is there a reason to this (Lack of chemistry etc?), is he happy in Columbus?

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post

Just wondering, what's the deal with Carter? I mean, we can all see his production has dipped rather considerably. Is there a reason to this (Lack of chemistry etc?), is he happy in Columbus?
He has been injured. First he broke his foot. Then he came back and got a dislocated shoulder.

He, his agent and the GM all say he is happy in Columbus, well as happy as any competitive player can be on the worst team in the NHL.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:01 PM
650X2

The whole team has dipped considerably.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Doug19

Honestly I think it was all the coach, the players look a lot more competitive sense getting rid of Arniel.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1900
Where there's smoke, there's fire. I don't think he wants to be here. And quite frankly, the Carter - Nash - Prospal line looked lethal in preseason against AHL'rs, but I've been underwhelmed with Carter & Nash on the same line.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post

He played some games than injured... than returned but the team was in the crisis. And Jeff isnt a franchise player who knows to wake up the team. Later the team begun to play better and Jeff played very good. But he doesnt play consinstently IMO and IMO he isnt happy here and we feel it from his play. I would trade him and give more time for Brassard. I dont like him (Brassard), but he wants to play for us and in this case my feels must go out.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
BluejacketNut

He definitely doesnt want to be here, her signed up for an 11 year tour in Philly and then got shipped to a place he would never have chosen to go on his own. He's 2 years removed from game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals, to now being on the worst team in the NHL. Most will say 'he's a professional and should suck it up', which is an easy thing to say when its not you. Trading for star players when you've been the laughing stock of the league for the last decade, is very risky...we already learned that before with Sydor

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:36 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

I think the only one who knows for sure what he thinks is Jeff Carter. People like to project what he's feeling into their perceptions of how he's playing. He makes it easy because he's a private guy who has little to say to the media. What he has said is that he has nothing against Columbus or the CBJ. Philly screwed him, for sure, and I'm sure it takes time to get over that, but he's still in the NHL, and with a team that paid heavily to get him because they wanted him. That should mean something. I would be surprised if he wasn't disappointed to some degree, but I would also be surprised if he was of such low character as to not give his all for this organization.

As far as his stats, he's been hurt more or less since training camp, and the team has done poorly. Not exactly a recipe for big stats.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:19 AM
MsWoof

When is he due back? And do you guys figure he'll be traded before his NTC kicks in?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
EDM

This "he doesn't want to be here" stuff bothers me. I mean, seriously, what competitive, highly skilled hockey player "wants" to be in Columbus (besides Nash)?

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:01 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
This "he doesn't want to be here" stuff bothers me. I mean, seriously, what competitive, highly skilled hockey player "wants" to be in Columbus (besides Nash)?
This is the reason why I am worried about our the first round pick because I am not sure that nobody of the couple Yakupov/Grigorenko will wants to play here.

And when you see our game are you suprised? Hitch prefered defensive style where everybody has your place, Arniel checking hockey and players whom the best idea was shoot puck to the offensive zone and skate to him, not creativity, I noticed that players like Umberger, Dorsett, MacKenzie and similar played great under him but players like Huselius and Brassard (I remember players who are here, not who arent here) not.

And this is the reason why I would like to see Kurt Kleinendorst in our team as a head coach in the next season (if Richards wont be resign).

Last edited by mt-svk: 01-23-2012 at 10:08 AM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
It's true, we don't know if he wants to be here or not, the only thing we do know is that he refused to talk to media for a week after being traded here, when he finally did speak he was less than convincing in my opinion.. (a puppet would have convinced me more)

He's also been injured almost the entire time he's been here, when he has played (with Nash) there was little to no chemistry.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
EDM

Robert, for the love of, what does his injury have to do with anything? And if he does not jell with Nash, put him on a different line. I mean, it could be said that Nash has not jelled with him.
Much more muddled than your usual thinking Robert.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Robert, for the love of, what does his injury have to do with anything? And if he does not jell with Nash, put him on a different line. I mean, it could be said that Nash has not jelled with him.
Much more muddled than your usual thinking Robert.
Ya think being injured might be a part of the answer to the the OP's question "we can all see his production has dipped rather considerably"... so yeah it does have a lot to do with "things". The OP also asks, "Lack of chemistry"? I never said who didn't gel with whom, I said "when he has played (with Nash) there was little to no chemistry", ya think that's why Arniel did put him on a dfferent line... which is what the OP asked about.

Chemistry lesson 101 EDMOUND, oxygen plus hydrogen (2) make water, if they don't it doesnt matter which isn't bonding.

Last edited by Robert: 01-23-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old
01-24-2012, 08:14 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
He played some games than injured... than returned but the team was in the crisis. And Jeff isnt a franchise player who knows to wake up the team. Later the team begun to play better and Jeff played very good. But he doesnt play consinstently IMO and IMO he isnt happy here and we feel it from his play. I would trade him and give more time for Brassard. I dont like him (Brassard), but he wants to play for us and in this case my feels must go out.
Whatever went wrong with Brassard? He was a high pick, big junior career, put up good numbers as 20 year old in the AHL, Had a good rookie NHL season then nose dived.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:17 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Whatever went wrong with Brassard? He was a high pick, big junior career, put up good numbers as 20 year old in the AHL, Had a good rookie NHL season then nose dived.
Nothing. He's developing into a good player.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Many point to having James Neil rip his shoulder apart as the reason for his drop off. But with that being said I think that was just a road block and I think he will keep getting better.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:

Arniel doghouse.

Brassard has been one of the few bright spots since Arniel was fired in my opinion. He's playing with a lot more confidence

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:10 PM
EDM

Nash, Brass, Johansen, Carter, Nails. That is some pretty decent skill there. All is not necessarily lost.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:34 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Nash, Brass, Johansen, Carter, Nails. That is some pretty decent skill there. All is not necessarily lost.
Add Wis and Tyutin on the back end, with Umberger with a (hopeful) rebound year.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:45 AM
MsWoof

Any idea when Carter is due back?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Add Wis and Tyutin on the back end, with Umberger with a (hopeful) rebound year.
I think Moore has been a huge bright spot. Aslong with Methot.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Any idea when Carter is due back?

He separated his shoulder on January 10th, I'm not sure but I think that type of injury takes 6-8 weeks to heal.. Others will correct me if incorrect. He fractured an ankle before that so the guy is having a tough season... he's played 80 games each season for the last six years except for two (74 and 62).

Old
01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
He separated his shoulder on January 10th, I'm not sure but I think that type of injury takes 6-8 weeks to heal.. Others will correct me if incorrect. He fractured an ankle before that so the guy is having a tough season... he's played 80 games each season for the last six years except for two (74 and 62).
Actually, he's supposed to be back soon after the All-Star break. I don't think an exact game has been decided yet but the odds are good that he'll play in California next week.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:53 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Completely agree with this, but I think they'll take the "how could Howson have known?" path.
I don't think the Carter deal should be viewed in a negative light, at least to the point of termination. There are many other moves I would get upset about long before this one.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote