HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter

Old
02-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
So your saying your no better at setting up a line up then Howson is?
Well, I just threw that together in 5 minutes, if it was really up to me, I would trade Brass and Vermette and try to keep Carter, with all the rumors swirling I traded him in my proposal since it seems he's a goner anyways. I would definitely trade Nash.
If you're asking what I'd do if I had full control, I'd use the trading deadline to deal both Vermy and Brass to the highest bidder. I'd deal Pahlsson for whatever pick I could get for him. I'd trade Prospal but I'd also tell him I'd be very interested in re-signing him. I'd shoot for Bernier if the cost for Schneider is too much, which it probably is.
The goalie I'd want most is Jakub Markstrom in Florida, but unfortunately the Panthers see him as their future. I'd take a flier on some high risk, high reward players too.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Well, I just threw that together in 5 minutes, if it was really up to me, I would trade Brass and Vermette and try to keep Carter, with all the rumors swirling I traded him in my proposal since it seems he's a goner anyways. I would definitely trade Nash.
If you're asking what I'd do if I had full control, I'd use the trading deadline to deal both Vermy and Brass to the highest bidder. I'd deal Pahlsson for whatever pick I could get for him. I'd trade Prospal but I'd also tell him I'd be very interested in re-signing him. I'd shoot for Bernier if the cost for Schneider is too much, which it probably is.
The goalie I'd want most is Jakub Markstrom in Florida, but unfortunately the Panthers see him as their future. I'd take a flier on some high risk, high reward players too.
Ok. Not saying I agree but your reply is a fair one.

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:24 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I would like to see Robin Lehner from Sens here. I like Vermy he would ve an ideal third line center untill Jenner will be ready. But I would trade Brassard and keep Carter (if good value would be I would trade him but in this case I would get a new center).

Last edited by mt-svk: 02-07-2012 at 02:41 AM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Doug19

I just don't see what some people see in Bernier. I'm fairly confident in saying I'm sure TW has probably only seen him play 3 or 4 times, which is probably the case for most of our CBJ fans, yet some of you want this highly unproven goalie at the cost of considerable assets. What makes you think he's going to be any different than Steve Mason?

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I just don't see what some people see in Bernier. I'm fairly confident in saying I'm sure TW has probably only seen him play 3 or 4 times, which is probably the case for most of our CBJ fans, yet some of you want this highly unproven goalie at the cost of considerable assets. What makes you think he's going to be any different than Steve Mason?
True, I've often wondered over the years how fans can make proposals and judgments about players they have never (or rarely) seen play. As for Bernier I can't recall seeing him play so I read what others who have scouted him have to say and his review his stats.. For example, I doubt many here have seen Yakupov play but would agree he will be drafted high and probably make his team as a rookie...

As for Bernier he could be another Mason but his two year resume in the AHL and NHL stats make me think he won't...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
True, I've often wondered over the years how fans can make proposals and judgments about players they have never (or rarely) seen play. As for Bernier I can't recall seeing him play so I read what others who have scouted him have to say and his review his stats.. For example, I doubt many here have seen Yakupov play but would agree he will be drafted high and probably make his team as a rookie...

As for Bernier he could be another Mason but his two year resume in the AHL and NHL stats make me think he won't...
Mason once had phenomenal stats 45 games into his NHL career...

02-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
True, at times I wonder if the defensive structure of the team at the time helped with those stats, and, had he spent more time in the AHL if those NHL stats would have held up longer.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
True, at times I wonder if the defensive structure of the team at the time helped with those stats, and, had he spent more time in the AHL if those NHL stats would have held up longer.
Both quite possibly true, though there really wasn't much choice about playing him in the NHL in his rookie year. The big mistake was in not leaving the option available to return him to the AHL, should he falter.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 12:42 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
How about this goaltending tandem for a couple of years?

Tim Thomas
Jonathan Bernier

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 12:45 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
This is how I think about Schneider. He can seem very ordinary even with the nucks.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Bluline1

I like it but with the current mgmt. in place I don't see that happening.

Bluline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Side question: what goalies do you think the CBJ can get? and what goalies do you want?? I won't say you're wrong for wanting a goalie. But I'm just curious.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post

Tim Thomas
Jonathan Bernier
That makes me feel all warm and tingly. I can't imagine it realistically happening, though.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 04:10 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post

Tim Thomas
Jonathan Bernier
why? Thomas will play maximum two years and we would have to sacrife for him too much. Bernier? Remember Mason, I dont believe him too much.Maybe it is for Mase I am influenced with him.

I would like to see here one of the group: Anders Lindback, Jonas Enroth or Robin Lehner.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
SpaceCowboy

Coming in from Toronto, Carter wants out, and the organization wants to move him. He's being shopped heavily. (No doubt this just confirms a lot of previous rumors, but it's what's going on in the TSN/NHL.com offices.)

SpaceCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
Coming in from Toronto, Carter wants out, and the organization wants to move him. He's being shopped heavily. (No doubt this just confirms a lot of previous rumors, but it's what's going on in the TSN/NHL.com offices.)
Dont think thats credible.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
You know, for all the talk of bad body language from Carter by Portzline, I just haven't seen it since he came back

Please **** Portzline. No need to attempt to run a guy out of town because he doesn't like to talk to you.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
You know, for all the talk of bad body language from Carter by Portzline, I just haven't seen it since he came back
I agree, if Howson keeps Carter the next question to AP is what defines a major shakeup...

Old
02-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
I agree, if Howson keeps Carter the next question to AP is what defines a major shakeup...
OR, what defines a fact? Ya know bc its a fact Carter is out of here by Feb 27. Sorry I really didnt see him not wanting to play at all tonight.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:44 PM
OldGoaltender

Why would we trade the most talented guy on our roster. He looks fine to me. He hustles on every play. Maybe, just maybe the injury was more to blame than the so called cancerous behavior.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
Why would we trade the most talented guy on our roster. He looks fine to me. He hustles on every play. Maybe, just maybe the injury was more to blame than the so called cancerous behavior.
Definitely something to call into question. I think its a bad cop out for our GM to trade Carter bc he cant do his job in the offseason. Yes he can fill some holes but Carter is a huge part of our offense. Carter and Yakupov would F **** up.
Nash Brass Johan
Rj Carter Yak

Pretty deadly top 6. Now for that all important back end? Hmmm maybe Savard could be a regular next year? Either way, Clitsome and Johnson cant see playing time regularly.

Old
02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Sorry I really didnt see him not wanting to play at all tonight.
Nor I.... did I get that right? The double negs got me spinning. That said, I think he played tonight as though he wanted to be here..

Old
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Definitely something to call into question. I think its a bad cop out for our GM to trade Carter bc he cant do his job in the offseason. Yes he can fill some holes but Carter is a huge part of our offense. Carter and Yakupov would F **** up.
Nash Brass Johan
Rj Carter Yak

Pretty deadly top 6. Now for that all important back end? Hmmm maybe Savard could be a regular next year? Either way, Clitsome and Johnson cant see playing time regularly.
Wouldn't you think that, if Carter and Nash are back, RJ would probably have to be traded for defensive help?

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Crede777
Deputized

I was surprised with his postgame interview. For a guy who supposedly doesn't want to be here he sure looked friendly in the locker room and was really hustling on the ice. Maybe he's just trying to get his value up, maybe it was the injuries, maybe it's just Carter, maybe it's not really Carter but an alien that looks like Carter... who knows.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Wouldn't you think that, if Carter and Nash are back, RJ would probably have to be traded for defensive help?
Yes, Vermette along with him... Doing so is not major imo but major enough with Prospal and Pahlsson almost sure to be gone by the summer if not sooner... defense and a backup goaltender to Sanford would be my focus..