HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter

Old
02-07-2012, 10:27 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Carter actually looked like (dare I say it?) a LEADER tonight. It was Nash who wasn't engaged. Weird!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Carter actually looked like (dare I say it?) a LEADER tonight. It was Nash who wasn't engaged. Weird!
I agree but even I'm burn't out on Nash comments and that is rare...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Nor I.... did I get that right? The double negs got me spinning. That said, I think he played tonight as though he wanted to be here..
Yep, sorry about that. You got it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Wouldn't you think that, if Carter and Nash are back, RJ would probably have to be traded for defensive help?
I'd think so. Rj has played better, impressed me tonight but hasnt been reliable. He probably isnt going anywhere but another top 4 defenseman needs to come from somehwere. Free agency looking slim again?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 10:45 PM
OldGoaltender

I'd rather see Howson move RJ and Vermette at the deadline. We need scorers, speed is essential in this league. I think the first and third period of this game shows how speed can dictate play. Give me Nail in the draft and this could be a very good team.

I would also like to see Savard stick and finish out the season along with Moore. We already know what guys like AJ and Clit bring to the table.

OldGoaltender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 10:49 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
I'd rather see Howson move RJ and Vermette at the deadline. We need scorers, speed is essential in this league. I think the first and third period of this game shows how speed can dictate play. Give me Nail in the draft and this could be a very good team.

I would also like to see Savard stick and finish out the season along with Moore. We already know what guys like AJ and Clit bring to the table.
We need one, maybe two, defensive defensemen, a #1 goalie, a re-signing of Sanford, and a sniper with wheels. I'm all for trading away RJ and Vermette to get that done, but I think it's going to require more. And that saddens me because I wanted RJ to be re-signed.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:43 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
We need one, maybe two, defensive defensemen, a #1 goalie, a re-signing of Sanford, and a sniper with wheels. I'm all for trading away RJ and Vermette to get that done, but I think it's going to require more. And that saddens me because I wanted RJ to be re-signed.
We'll be getting Yakupov in June.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:45 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
We'll be getting Yakupov in June.
Oh yeah. If that happens, check that one off the list. Good catch!

Old
02-07-2012, 11:46 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
The day he puts on a CBJ sweater is the day he becomes 1B on my favorite players.

Bet you can't guess who 1A is.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
We also have Atkinson coming along nicely if Yakupov turns out to be more like Kane than a sniper.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:50 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
We also have Atkinson coming along nicely if Yakupov turns out to be more like Kane than a sniper.
Yakupov isn't just a sniper either, according to Bobby Mac he has very underrated physical and playmaking abilities.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=58415

Watch the video on him, Grigorenko, and the comparison to Taylor vs Tyler. Some good stuff in there.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:53 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

To Carter. These two games showed he is better without Nash. I hope he wont be traded.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:54 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
To Carter. These two games showed he is better without Nash. I hope he wont be traded.
Agreed, and it showed he gave a damn. He seemed excited and thrilled to get that goal. Alot more emotion than what I saw earlier in the year. Not sure if he was just trying to look pretty for the scouts, but he did a good job on selling me on it. KEEP CARTER

Old
02-07-2012, 11:54 PM
bizzz*

The Jackets are:
11-16-5 with Carter in the line-up
4-16-1 without him
If you count OT/SO loss as a win (which is fair for the CBJ) thy're 16-16 with and 5-16 without #7.
I guess they better keep him...

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:56 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I hope his recent play isn't because he's auditioning for a trade. If he wants to be here, I could have my mind changed.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
#1 goalie
Here is where I disagree, I think Sanford can be our number one goalie based on his play this season, experience in the NHL, on and off ice demeanor, playing on the worst team in the NHL and gutting it out every night regardless of the score. The dude could care less who plays in front him, he will give his all every night.. In a way he reminds me of Tim Thomas, not saying he is Tim Thomas but the track is similar...

I'd love a young up and coming #2 goalie signed to back up Sanford... it would be perfect, Sandy could tutor that guy and bring him along to take over when Sanford says I'm done...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Jtown

Im glad you guys are on the Keep Carter bandwagon. This year has been a disaster for CBJ all around. To blow it up based on what has occured this year is silly. Carter centering a second line is perfect for you guys, and Johansen can center a line with nash in the future.

Side note: I know Yakupov is the clear cut number 1 but if Washington offfers you guys a rediculous package to move up and get him.... say their 2 first rounders this year and a second do you take it? There are some talented Dmen in this draft, and you could get 2 of them.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Nash looked fully engaged to me. But yeah, nice to see Carter in the thick of it and making Porty look silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Here is where I disagree, I think Sanford can be our number one goalie based on his play this season, experience in the NHL, on and off ice demeanor, playing on the worst team in the NHL and gutting it out every night regardless of the score. The dude could care less who plays in front him, he will give his all every night.. In a way he reminds me of Tim Thomas, not saying he is Tim Thomas but the track is similar...

I'd love a young up and coming #2 goalie signed to back up Sanford... it would be perfect, Sandy could tutor that guy and bring him along to take over when Sanford says I'm done...
In exchange for making us read this, I ask that you please never criticize Howson's handling of the team's goaltending ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Im glad you guys are on the Keep Carter bandwagon. This year has been a disaster for CBJ all around. To blow it up based on what has occured this year is silly. Carter centering a second line is perfect for you guys, and Johansen can center a line with nash in the future.

Side note: I know Yakupov is the clear cut number 1 but if Washington offfers you guys a rediculous package to move up and get him.... say their 2 first rounders this year and a second do you take it? There are some talented Dmen in this draft, and you could get 2 of them.
From a fan marketing perspective alone, I doubt the 1st overall gets traded.

(And no, I don't like decisions being made on that basis, but, well. )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Nash looked fully engaged to me. But yeah, nice to see Carter in the thick of it and making Porty look silly.

In exchange for making us read this, I ask that you please never criticize Howson's handling of the team's goaltending ever again.

From a fan marketing perspective alone, I doubt the 1st overall gets traded.

(And no, I don't like decisions being made on that basis, but, well. )
From a marketing perspective the Flyers sell a ton of Bobrovsky jerseys. You know why? Cause we win. If we lost it wouldnt matter if we had stamkos no one would care.

If CBJ wins , people are going to be snatching up umberger , brassard, methot jerseys left and right.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:01 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post

I am probably alone in this but I would do it.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:30 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Nash looked fully engaged to me.
I agree, I thought he was physical, aggressive, and back-checked with grit. I know most fans around the league label him as one-dimensional, but if anyone on this team could ever handle a pass cleanly, he'd have a much better rep as a playmaker. I'm always interested in how people can watch the same game and see things so differently. Just human nature to filter things through our own lenses.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:46 AM
megashock5

Send a message via AIM to megashock5
Quote:
I hope his recent play isn't because he's auditioning for a trade. If he wants to be here, I could have my mind changed.
I agree. I wish I knew what the heck was going on with this guy given all the rumors out there. Is he "on the block" because he wants out, or is he being thrown under the bus by Howson? I'd love to have him on the team, as long as he wants to be part of the solution.

Who knows

megashock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Xoggz22

So, within the next three weeks we learn the truth. I've been on the move Carter bandwagon if we can upgrade the defense and/or goaltending but I have to admit, his last two games he (Carter) has looked engaged, team focused and deadly. Maybe it's just a spurt but Nash and Carter on separate lines with Brass centering Nash and possibly Yakupov supporting Carter next year could be a very good 1, 2 punch. I also would hope they put Johansen back at center and let him play on the third scoring line as a center. RJ could do the heavy lifting on the Carter line which leaves an open spot on the top line for Howson to sign Hemsky (I keed, I keed....).

Biggest problem is we don't have enough chips to pull in a young D like Blum. What would Vermette really get us? Oh, I'll stop there as this is the Carter thread.

I'm with Lee....I can be convinced to keep Carter but that D has got to improve - no more AJ and no more Getsome. Terrible, terrible and more terrible.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Any reason that isn't "He's asked to be moved" should be rethought.

Carter, when healthy and motivated, is more valuable to this team going forward than probably 80 percent of this roster, easily.

I sincerely hope Portzline is wrong on this, trading him this soon, unless he's specifically asked, is reckless and dumb.

We are going to sacrifice the only top line center talent we've ever had after 3/4 of a season for basically something like 75 cents on a dollar.... and all to fix a defense that was just remade in the last two seasons or address an issue that Scott Howson half-assed in the offseason (goaltender)

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:38 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I sincerely hope Portzline is wrong on this, trading him this soon, unless he's specifically asked, is reckless and dumb.
Can we just take a step back, breath in, and realize that if we traded Carter there are probably other factors playing into the decision than his on-ice performance this year?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:13 PM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

I still say its 85% hearsay that he wants to be moved. Not being happy with the season is one thing (who seriously would be?)...asking for a trade is a completely different ballgame, and I personally think the lines have been skewed by the media. The only people I still want moved are Howson and Priest!

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote