HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Selling, Retooling, Rebuilding Only Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
  #26
ReneBourque27*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Criticising mediocrity is not beeing a troll. For some people all habs players are saint that cannot be criticized
those people live in a sad fantasy world

ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:15 PM
  #27
ReneBourque27*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Tanking, selling, retooling, rebuilding.........all of those will be pointless....................if Pierre Gauthier is in charge of it.

Pierre Gauthier is the reason why we are in need of tanking, selling retooling, rebuilding etc.

The D corp that we have is almost all compliments of Gauthier. He re-signed Gill and Markov. He brought in Diaz, Campoli and Kaberle.

Before we retool, Gauthier must get the **** out of Montreal. And Gainey must be relieved of all "consulting" duties.

If that doesnt happen, a retool is pointless. Gauthier is incapable of rebuilding a competitive team. His history shows reality.
to be fair, he did brought in Emelin.

He is still a piece of **** though

TANK !

ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:15 PM
  #28
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,271
vCash: 256
You guy's aren't real fans!

Start please, please by getting Gauthier the **** out of Montreal!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:16 PM
  #29
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
We absolutely must pick top 5 or this will have been in vain

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:16 PM
  #30
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Sell: Moen,Gill,Kostitsyn,Weber,Campoli,Gomez if possible

Obtain/Objective: 2nd round draft picks/prospects

Ideal and realistic scenario: We pick an Elite forward who will have an impact right away (Yakupov/Grigorenko)

If we pick in the top 2, try to trade Plekanec to acquire another 1st round pick. Draft the BPA.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:16 PM
  #31
Young Gun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
Sadly, "selling" and through that "rebuilding". Tonight's effort was putrid!

I can see Campoli, Gill, Kaberle, Weber, Gomez, Moen, Kostitsyn leaving town (if any takers)

I am not ever thinking we 'Tank" as we "won't".

Price-Gorges-Subban-Emelin-Diaz-Plecks-Pacs-Cole-Bourque-Deharnais-Eller-White are "somewhat ""untouchable"""....let the dust settle over the next month - see where we are and make adjustments from there - we are sellers!

Go Habs Go!!
Price should be not be untouchable is he insist on 7 mill per yr

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:17 PM
  #32
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneBourque27 View Post
to be fair, he did brought in Emelin.

He is still a piece of **** though

TANK !
Yes, that was a good signing. And he re-signed Gorges. But the rest of the D (well, Subban is a little lost this season but not worried about him) is all on the slumped and feminine shoulders of Gauthier.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:17 PM
  #33
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
It's pretty obvious that Gauthier will be fire. Everyone should know that

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:18 PM
  #34
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
They aren't close to being a playoff team, let alone a contender. Blow it up, sell as high as possible, get picks and/or prospects, get bigger and tougher. Attempt to assemble a top 4 defense rather than this band of cast offs and rookies.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:18 PM
  #35
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Tanking, selling, retooling, rebuilding.........all of those will be pointless....................if Pierre Gauthier is in charge of it.

Pierre Gauthier is the reason why we are in need of tanking, selling retooling, rebuilding etc.

The D corp that we have is almost all compliments of Gauthier. He re-signed Gill and Markov. He brought in Diaz, Campoli and Kaberle.

Before we retool, Gauthier must get the **** out of Montreal. And Gainey must be relieved of all "consulting" duties.

If that doesnt happen, a retool is pointless. Gauthier is incapable of rebuilding a competitive team. His history shows reality.
I agree. I believe when Molson reviews the management situation at the end of the year, he will see that Gauthier has to go. His lackluster resume in Montreal really speaks for himself. He has very few, if any credible supporters.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:20 PM
  #36
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I agree. I believe when Molson reviews the management situation at the end of the year, he will see that Gauthier has to go. His lackluster resume in Montreal really speaks for himself. He has very few, if any credible supporters.
He needs to go NOW. The trade deadline is fast approaching and we do not need him making any decisions regarding this team.

The Habs must rebuild and rebuild with someone who knows what it takes to have a winning team. PG is not it.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:22 PM
  #37
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.

please

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:23 PM
  #38
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.

please
Mets-en...sti!!!

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:23 PM
  #39
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,436
vCash: 500
I think there's different degrees of transformations to the club:

1-Keeping All Picks and Prospects
2-Selling
3-Retooling
4-Rebuilding
5-Tanking

Not everyone agrees with all those options and people debate the various terms. I think it's time to discuss how much change is needed.

And change can happen with or without current management, that should be discussed also. (This isn't intended as a specifically Pro or Anti-Gauthier Thread).


Last edited by Erik Estrada: 01-18-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:25 PM
  #40
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Gill to Chicago for 2nd

Moen to Detroit for 2nd

Campoli to Tampa for 4th

try to trade Gomez to anyone for a conditional year 3478 7th rd pick (condition to us getting the pick is if Gomez is still alive)

Call up Leblanc/Palushaj (with AK - Eller) ----or rotate callups to give them both some real time on a line with talent

Call up Mitera (see what he's got in his last year of ELC)

If AK won't resign for similar money (3.25-4M range) then trade him for 1st or prospect + 2nd


before draft

Fire Gauthier.....Hire Julien Brisebois

Try and draft either Grigorenko/Galcheniuyk

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:26 PM
  #41
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
sorry but....

He is our only STAR commodity! Live with it! and 7-mill is what that "franchise player" makes



Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Price should be not be untouchable is he insist on 7 mill per yr

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:28 PM
  #42
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
He needs to go NOW. The trade deadline is fast approaching and we do not need him making any decisions regarding this team.

The Habs must rebuild and rebuild with someone who knows what it takes to have a winning team. PG is not it.
I would like Gauthier gone ASAP, but I'd like a competent, thorough search for a GM. Looking at the current timeline for the trade deadline, I don't see a better option than Gauthier. Unless we can identify an interim GM that has no problem relinquishing the reins relatively soon and is simultaneously more a capable trader than Gauthier, I don't see a real alternative to Gauthier.

Remember, we got stuck with Gauthier when Gainey anointed him instead of conducting interviews. We CAN'T make the same mistake twice in less than 5 years.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
  #43
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
He is our only STAR commodity! Live with it! and 7-mill is what that "franchise player" makes
I don't see him getting that much. Think more along the lines of Luongo type money as being more realistic. Like it or not, his stats don't meet Rinne levels (and it is mostly not his fault)

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:30 PM
  #44
ReneBourque27*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Sell: Moen,Gill,Kostitsyn,Weber,Campoli,Gomez if possible

Obtain/Objective: 2nd round draft picks/prospects

Ideal and realistic scenario: We pick an Elite forward who will have an impact right away (Yakupov/Grigorenko)

If we pick in the top 2, try to trade Plekanec to acquire another 1st round pick. Draft the BPA.
AGREE !


ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:32 PM
  #45
ReneBourque27*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.
PIERRE GAUTHIER, DÉMISSION.

please

Let's all tweet this to GEOFF MOLSON TWITTER, IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH !


ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:33 PM
  #46
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I would like Gauthier gone ASAP, but I'd like a competent, thorough search for a GM. Looking at the current timeline for the trade deadline, I don't see a better option than Gauthier. Unless we can identify an interim GM that has no problem relinquishing the reins relatively soon and is simultaneously more a capable trader than Gauthier, I don't see a real alternative to Gauthier.

Remember, we got stuck with Gauthier when Gainey anointed him instead of conducting interviews. We CAN'T make the same mistake twice in less than 5 years.
I agree that we do not need another hasty hiring of a GM again.

I would hope that Molson has the common sense to have already begun the process of vetting candidates.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:44 PM
  #47
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Like it , or not

WE will have the following:

Bourque-Plecks-Moen
Cole-Deharnais-Pacs
Kost-Eller-Leblanc
White-Noki-Blunden

Subban-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz
Kaberle-(Gill/Campoli/Weber)

Price-Budaj

expect Gionta back next year and;

*Gill/Moen/Kost/Campoli/Kaberle/Weber either traded this year for picks, or released! I honestly believe that Gomez will be sunk in the minors/released?!!

With that all being projected ~ Where the fudge is Waldo MARKOV??




Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I don't see him getting that much. Think more along the lines of Luongo type money as being more realistic. Like it or not, his stats don't meet Rinne levels (and it is mostly not his fault)

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:46 PM
  #48
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
I was deluded by the two weekend games and thought we had a chance but I took two aspirins and feel better know. We're not making the playoffs, so we need to retool:

Between now and the deadline trade:

Campoli
Gill
Kaberle
Darche
Nokie
Gomez

I would keep Moen & Andrei.

At the draft I would trade Gionta. Hopefully we can get two 1st round draft picks (our own & another we traded for). A lottery pick and a middle of the round. Also we may get one or two 2nd round picks on top of our own.

Come July 1st we can see what we need and who we can pick up. If we can trade the players I mentioned we would have:

Bourque Pleks ******
Patches DD Cole
***** Eller AK
Moen White ******
Blunden

Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Weber Diaz

I don't think we need to blow things up, A simple retool would do.

The draw backs are:
1) we can't unload the players I mentioned.
2) We get a lottery pick and win the lottery and select a Russian who decides to play in the KHL.
3) Gauthier will be around to direct most or part of this process.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:46 PM
  #49
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
This is where all those who don't fit in the BELIEVE threads that have been popping up lately can congregate.
Finally a rational thread.. Retool or rebuild? Lets start a concrete and constructive discussion...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:46 PM
  #50
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Sell: Moen,Gill,Kostitsyn,Weber,Campoli,Gomez if possible

Obtain/Objective: 2nd round draft picks/prospects

Ideal and realistic scenario: We pick an Elite forward who will have an impact right away (Yakupov/Grigorenko)

If we pick in the top 2, try to trade Plekanec to acquire another 1st round pick. Draft the BPA.
You can't trade Plelanec, you need vets. And you need him to do the hard job the young guys aren't ready for. In theory if you trade Plekanec, you need to keep Gomez to do a bit of that job. I prefer Plekanec.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.