HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

the misery continues

Old
01-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTerror View Post
This is in no way meant to diss Pommer, he is one of 2 players that can and does score, but that room has zero leadership.
How are people measuring leadership?

We don't know what goes on in that lockerroom and we basically don't know what kind of a leader Pommer is.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:57 AM
unte93

I'm at the point hoping this team stays exactly the same till the end of the season so we suck and get a top pick

Imagine a coaching change - the team gets on a roll and end up in 9th - fail and get us the top prospect

unte93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 05:44 AM
sabres19892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
How are people measuring leadership?

We don't know what goes on in that lockerroom and we basically don't know what kind of a leader Pommer is.
Exactly. He certainly led by example on the ice yesterday. Also in his post game yesterday he said he talked to Ville after the giveaway. That stuck out to me.

sabres19892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:08 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Serious question.

What was it that Ville Leino was supposed to bring to this team? Does someone want to tell me why when he was 1 on 1 coming up the wing why he couldn't grow a pair and take it to the net?

It completely mind boggles me how "fragile" these guys are. Pierre said it best. The team is so fragile that when 1 little thing goes wrong, they implode. I could understand if the injuries were still going on; but they really aren't. I could understand if McNabb, Kassian, Foligno, Brennan, Szczechura, Finley, Stuart, and Whitmore were causing these losses but they aren't. These are full blown NHL players and veterans that are sucking up a storm.

Leino was supposed to be a playoff type guy. Well what kind of playoff type guy makes that pass? What kind of playoff type guy can't see a partial path to the net and take it when the score is tied? I don't mean to rip him apart, it wasn't his fault Darcy signed him to one of the worst contracts in Sabres history. Its just frustrating to see players who are supposed to be leaders and established players, making plays that rookies make.

Also, I think I heard Roy's name 3 times last night.

Ugh.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
Serious question.

What was it that Ville Leino was supposed to bring to this team? Does someone want to tell me why when he was 1 on 1 coming up the wing why he couldn't grow a pair and take it to the net?

It completely mind boggles me how "fragile" these guys are. Pierre said it best. The team is so fragile that when 1 little thing goes wrong, they implode. I could understand if the injuries were still going on; but they really aren't. I could understand if McNabb, Kassian, Foligno, Brennan, Szczechura, Finley, Stuart, and Whitmore were causing these losses but they aren't. These are full blown NHL players and veterans that are sucking up a storm.

Leino was supposed to be a playoff type guy. Well what kind of playoff type guy makes that pass? What kind of playoff type guy can't see a partial path to the net and take it when the score is tied? I don't mean to rip him apart, it wasn't his fault Darcy signed him to one of the worst contracts in Sabres history. Its just frustrating to see players who are supposed to be leaders and established players, making plays that rookies make.

Also, I think I heard Roy's name 3 times last night.

Ugh.
Good post.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote