HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

habs lose 3-0

Old
01-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's dumb logic...ok let's turn down the 2nd rounder because it may get traded for another asset before June 2013...

No matter what we do with it, it's a pretty high second(should be 31-40) in a strong draft, should be an asset with pretty good value. What Gauthier or any other GM does with it has no bearing on the Cammaleri-Bourque trade analysis.

That's like if NYR had traded McDonough to Florida for Olesz right after the Gomez trade and he was thriving there and Olesz was in Connecticut because of his contract(cap hit), it wouldn't mean we suddenly won that trade because McDonough was no longer in NYR or was given away.
It's dumb logic when you decide to not understand what I'm trying to say. People are "loving" this pick NOT because it will turn out into a great acquisition but because it is a great draft. Which in the end, what most people think is that Timmins will be able to transform this into a great prospect. But then, when you go further and look at the value of the pick, well, see the response I made to Kriss E. Can't wait for Gauthier to deal his 1st/2nd round picks the way it SHOULD be dealt with. Like players that play a role AND that sticks around for more than 1/2 year instead of being continuous band-aids. 'Cause I value those picks way more than what Gauthier transform them into. So yes, getting a 2nd rounder in 2013 in a deal is very good. But my suggestion is to calm down in thinking that we will actually use wisely that pick based on the history of that management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What's wrong with that possibility exactly?
It's a decent-good asset. Even if we trade it, there's nothing wrong with that so long that the trade is good. Can't really judge a trade that never happened and may never happen now can we?
What's wrong? 'Cause history shows we will use that pick to get a band-aid so we'd probably lose in 7 games in the 1st round or move to the 2nd. It's bad 'cause I have no confidence in the guys in place to do something good with that. And by something good it means, when you trade a freakin 2nd rounder and in a great draft, be sure that it will REALLY change something AND that you will end up keeping the guy you acquire. Boston traded it's 2nd rounder once. And it was Kelly. Which they still have and his a really good contributor to their run. Which we have....who? Geez, I didn't like the Moore trade because I thought the 2nd rounder was too much based on history. Yet, when he proved he was exactly fit for our system, letting him go was even more dumber.....So I have no faith in them to do what's needed to make this team better. And I have no faith that they'll use their pick accordingly IF they don't let Timmins work his magic. As much as I have some reservations about Timmins, he IS our greatest asset when it comes to picks and youth. To which Gauthier takes that, and transform it into vets you don't even keep for 1 consecutive year....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote