HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

habs lose 3-0

Old
01-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Soz for re-posting this, Just really intrigued of hearing someone else point of view.

Anyone else think Plek could of have asked if he wanted to be traded?

I mean, out of nowhere, he just went in to the blue and stoped producing.. and he has a (NTC or Limited NTC) if I'm not mistaken... Which would require PG to ask permission prior to a trade...

I'm not speculating/rumoring, hoping, or anything. I'm just wondering. So don't judge/flame me, I know it isn't the happiest mood in here, I'm just curious on knowing if it COULD be a possibility
I really don't see him dogging it. He's playing huge minutes still, and while he had another bad game today he's been aggressive lately and is one of the biggest reason our PK is the one good thing about the team. His +/- is bad but he still seems to be the same player defensively he always was, if anything he's even improved on faceoffs - he seems to be winning clutch faceoffs.

If I can fault him for anything it's not trusting his teammates and making bad decisions with the puck. Part of this has to do with no stability with his linemates. Of everyone he seems to have suffered the most from Cunneyworth's decision making, because while I understand keeping the DD line together, that's been it as far as line roles go.

You never know but based on everything Pleks has shown and his clear frustration this year, I think if he really wanted out he'd just ask. If anything he's probably as annoyed as we are, and that's messing with him mentally.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Very well. Then he let him walk, tryed to Claim Betts off waivers and then traded Trotter and a 7th for Nokelainen and he is a healthy scratch. How people still defend Gauthier is beyond me
that was a mess

we could have just resigned halpern and save those peices

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Here are a few more points I would like to make from a outsider.

Where is the accountability for the players from the coach?.

For example (I will be using the Canucks as the example since i follow this team).

Ballard has a stupid contract, getting payed around 4.5mil, and AV does not care at all, He sat ballard (healthy) the other game, and he has accountability for the players.

Either you play well, or you sit.

He also rewards guys like rome for example early in the year when he played well with more PP time, and same with forwards (aka hansen) having shifts and games with the sedins.

He also gave weise some time on the #1 PP unit one game because of how well he played, He basically gives incentive for the players to play well.

I think this is missing big time on the habs this year, They are playing like they don't care, they are looking all around them, when all they need to do is to get some accountability, and start doing things themselves.

Coach also deserves some blame for some clear retarded moves like not having rene bourque on the PP, after he got traded there.

A few more things. Why don't the habs completely change the PP system after the struggles. While the coach changed a few players around, maybe just maybe it's not the players but the actual PP system in place which is causing these issues.

I keep hearing the coach and media saying they need to "get more shots to the net". I did not see that as the main problem, I think the complicating ideas and thoughts that the players on the ice try to do, has forced some awful decisions. Also the fact they are NOT allowed to be creative with the whole "get more shots to the net" mentality, is also hurting them because they are way to simple at other times.

Basically when they break the zone they try to be either a - fancy or b - dump it in and pray they get the puck. And when they DO get set up, they have this dumb mentality to get the pucks to the net, and forces them to be so damn predictable.

I think the habs are 10x better then they have shown so far, It's frustrating watching them knowing how good they can be, from a outsider watching them.

I hope you guys figure it out soon, because I don't wanna see you guys miss the playoffs.

Another example is budaj not getting the start today after his huge rangers win, not rewarding good play.

I am sure budaj was pissed.

PS - Sorry for the long post, It's like I was writing a book.

Last edited by Lucbourdon: 01-18-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
When was the last time we had a competent GM? Andre Savard was decent..I guess Serge Savard was the last real good one..
I liked André Savard but Serge Savard was the guy. And yes, he made some big mistakes. Everybody does. Yet, when you have 2 Cups and 1 Cup Finals to show for....who cares about the mistakes.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Stop defending him.

Look at our team!
So correcting the poster is defending? He's bashing Gauthier for something he didn't do which is replace metro with Halpern, not Boyd.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Of course the usual fools are ******** all over Gomez, the only ****ing player who played like everything was on the line tonight along with Cole and Desharnais.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:35 PM
habsrule22

well at least we should get a very good player in the draft. Make the necessary changes and move forward,

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I really don't see him dogging it. He's playing huge minutes still, and while he had another bad game today he's been aggressive lately and is one of the biggest reason our PK is the one good thing about the team. His +/- is bad but he still seems to be the same player defensively he always was, if anything he's even improved on faceoffs - he seems to be winning clutch faceoffs.

If I can fault him for anything it's not trusting his teammates and making bad decisions with the puck. Part of this has to do with no stability with his linemates. Of everyone he seems to have suffered the most from Cunneyworth's decision making, because while I understand keeping the DD line together, that's been it as far as line roles go.

You never know but based on everything Pleks has shown and his clear frustration this year, I think if he really wanted out he'd just ask. If anything he's probably as annoyed as we are, and that's messing with him mentally.

frustration has been heard and seen a lot this season

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

It feels like the season died tonight.

Trade the guys that won't be back.

Such a shame, as Montreal is the greatest hockey city...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Bell Centre wouldn't be full that's for sure. Like the late 90's, empty seats that's for sure.
The Bell Center would be burned. It is a total mess now and I can't understand how our management team continues to live in complete denial of the mess we are in. Is Molson just as brain dead as the lot of them? Are they on the right path in his opinion? If so this whole mess can become the Leafs version 2.0. We are going to be trading away some guys in the next 3-4 weeks and it scares me that the idiots in charge are responsible to rebuild the team. I have not seen the Habs any lower than right now and I wish that game 82 was our next one.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
5th time being shutout this season. Add another 9 games that we score 1 goal.

14 games out of 45 games was basically impossible to win. That's 30% of the games.

And we have 5 2 goals game which is usually not enough to win game.

So about 40% of the game so far this season, we've score 2 goals or under.

With Price not playing in god mode, its pretty normal that we are where we are. Also, add we are freaking last on PP. Tonight was another game we lost because of our suckiness on the PP.

So for the people blaming Price only for our disaster season. Shut the **** up. I know he's not really good so far this season but the team in front of him is a ****ing disaster too.
All iv'e seen from price this year is a flash here and there, soft goals, bad shootout's.

I will be the first to say it here on the board " price will not be a hab by Dec of next season", you can book it.
I truly see it happening. The only thing that will stop it from happening is if the right gm and coach comes in and turns him around.

Price can't handle it right now and the pressure will mount to a braking point. Almost happened 2 yrs ago ( the arms up patty roy thing)

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
that was a mess

we could have just resigned halpern and save those peices
Traded a 2nd for Moore. Played well but couldn't get him signed
Metropolit, couldn't get him signed
Halpern couldn't get him signed
Betts claimed off waivers because he couldn't get the job done with the others, Failed
Now traded Trotter and a 7th for Nokelainen, a healthy scratch.

Bravo Gauthier!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Habs goal scoring this year not including shootouts:

Shutout ... 5 games
Scoring 1 goal.. 9 games
Scoring 2 goals.. 10 games
Scoring 3 goals.. 11 games
Scoring 4 goals.. 5 games
Scoring 5 goals.. 4 games
Scoring 6 goals.. 1 game
Scoring 7 goals.. 1 game

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I liked André Savard but Serge Savard was the guy. And yes, he made some big mistakes. Everybody does. Yet, when you have 2 Cups and 1 Cup Finals to show for....who cares about the mistakes.
Serge Savard was a great GM and was responsible for the good team in the 80s and early 90s but he made mistakes at the end especially with drafting. It was probably time for him to move on. The problem was what he was replaced with.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:37 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You clearly didn't understand my thread.

The whole point was that Gauthier made REASONABLE moves at every turn. I'm not in love with the guy but this season, and games like tonight, are as much the players and coaches fault as they are the GMs.
I dont disagree that some players are at fault tonight. However, one has to look at who brought those players here.

Montreal has been living with "reasonable" for too long. And we see what reasonable is giving us. This city, this franchise, this fanbase deserves more than reasonable.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Serge Savard was a great GM and was responsible for the good team in the 80s and early 90s but he made mistakes at the end especially with drafting. It was probably time for him to move on. The problem was what he was replaced with.
Probably time. Also reason why I don't want him as a GM right now. Would make no sense. But as a pres., to have this team have new guidelines, I say why not.

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Also Savard always said he wanted to draft Jeff Carter but other's in the Org. decided to go with Kostitsyn
Don't you think the media would've run Carter out of town before he broke out?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Watching TVA Sports and they showed some post-games interviews.

Gorges was talking like a captain there.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Considering they want Subban out in his second pro-season, I consider this very likely.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Probably time. Also reason why I don't want him as a GM right now. Would make no sense. But as a pres., to have this team have new guidelines, I say why not.
Oh, I'd gladly have Savard in some role. President, or as an advisor, great. Definitely not GM though.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Watching TVA Sports and they showed some post-games interviews.

Gorges was talking like a captain there.
Gorges is a stand up guy, if we could put the heart of Gorges in players like Kostitsyn and Price we would be a dangerous team

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Why would that be? Did the media already got Kostitsyn? Don't worry. We don't need the media for this. We have enough of a great GM to get rid of those players....

Old
01-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Le CH

And to the "fire Martin" posters ( you know who you are )... would this team be any worse at this point with Martin? IMO would have been better to finish with him as coach and start "fresh" in the off-season.

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Without a doubt. And then they would cry about us not drafting that Kostitsyn guy since we've always needed a powerfoward like him.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Andy

Quote:
Traded a 2nd for Moore. Played well but couldn't get him signed
Metropolit, couldn't get him signed
Halpern couldn't get him signed
Betts claimed off waivers because he couldn't get the job done with the others, Failed
Now traded Trotter and a 7th for Nokelainen, a healthy scratch.

Bravo Gauthier!
I believe they chose to let Metro go. They never offered him a contract and didn't Moore want a 3 million dollar contract? He signed cheap because he went unsigned long into free agency.

Noki, well, he's looking like a useless pick up now.