HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#45 - 01.19.2012 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL-N (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2012, 09:38 PM
lbrowne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Time to wake up and smell the coffee regarding Staal pal. This is Letang's first game back after missing 21 games and he has flat out dominated the game like a legit #1 defenseman. Freakin Staal is a high speed trainwreck when he attempts to pinch in and he has been absolutely dreadful tonite so stop making excuses for him!
While I'm excited for Staal to regain form - I agree. He is taking too long to get his form back. He's played good miutes against lesser skilled lines to get his confidence.

I'm not saying bench him, trade him or anything like that. But he needs to get it going a couple of games ago.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
He's been playing like one.
He was great tonight.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:39 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeekid07 View Post
False...that beautiful set up tonight could have changed the game..but Fedotenko whiffed like Teixiera in the playoffs!

Callahan has been far from a 3rd line player lately, he played good tonight, but with Boyle and Fedotenko, Stamkos couldnt score either
One nice play does not make a game. He has hardly been the player he is capable of being over the past few games.

skroob**

scoring goals is overrated.

And here comes Boston....

Old
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
It's so funny what a loss does to this board. There are a ton of babies here.

If we win Saturday the same posters *****ing now will be making threads about our cup then.
Agreed. The bipolarity of many posters here is absurd. We're not consistently playing our best hockey now, but we're not just gonna win 9 out of every 10 games. It's too good a league. Rough patches will happen. It's just important to not let them spiral out of control into huge losing streaks.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Yankeekid07

Quote:
One nice play does not make a game. He has hardly been the player he is capable of being over the past few games.

Callahan has been playing hard for the past few games. Richards funk and Dubinsky's up and down play has really been slowing Cally down in my opinion. Cally had a few nice shots tonight but couldnt get one past Marc-Andre.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Callahan made several nice entries tonight.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You should really try playing hockey.

The guy has missed most of the ****ing season. Letang had a camp. Staal did not.
I've played the game, still do but obviously at a much lesser level. He's been practising and doing drills for quite some time. He should be well on his way after 6 games.

Maybe he's trying to do too much too early? I don't know.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Fataldogg

We need to find more consistent goal scoring, and I'd be a big advocate of pairing Richards with Gaborik. Richards has looked lost out there, blind passes, struggling to get it settled on the PP, throwing bad shots on net, etc. He really needs to get his game together, entirely. Gaborik has been ok, but he has to finish. He isn't getting paid $7.5 million for scoring chances, but to finish. And Gaborik scoring 1 goal in his last 10 games is not cutting it. Gaborik's absence in goal scoring has become extremely apparent with the current events.

In regards to Staal, it is what it is. The guy didn't play in what... a year? I don't know what people genuinely expected from him. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't find his game until the end of the season / playoffs.

That being said, he shouldn't be getting the minutes he is getting (especially against talent like Malkin).

Old
01-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

I can't help but think this record isn't sustainable with our lack of offensive skill. If Boston blows us out Saturday like I'm starting to think they will I'll have my answer.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
We need to find more consistent goal scoring, and I'd be a big advocate of pairing Richards with Gaborik. Richards has looked lost out there, blind passes, struggling to get it settled on the PP, throwing bad shots on net, etc. He really needs to get his game together, entirely. Gaborik has been ok, but he has to finish. He isn't getting paid $7.5 million for scoring chances, but to finish. And Gaborik scoring 1 goal in his last 10 games is not cutting it. Gaborik's absence in goal scoring has become extremely apparent with the current events.

In regards to Staal, it is what it is. The guy didn't play in what... a year? I don't know what people genuinely expected from him. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't find his game until the end of the season / playoffs.

That being said, he shouldn't be getting the minutes he is getting (especially against talent like Malkin).
I agree that it might be time to put Richards and Gaborik together again. Both are struggling so I don't think it will hurt to revisit it. I don't like the idea of putting Prust with Richards...that will not help Richards at all.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Do we not do GBR when we lose anymore?

PoTG: Nobody
Good: Hagelin and Gaborik showing signs of life.
Bad: Lundqvist
Redden: Everyone else
Richards: Richards.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:46 PM
nyrfan519

I blame Dolan for all of this.

But seriously, rough patches happen and we'll snap out of it.

Old
Nostaalgic

Maybe this can be taken as a good thing because we always come out like fire the game after we lose

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I can't help but think this record isn't sustainable with our lack of offensive skill. If Boston blows us out Saturday like I'm starting to think they will I'll have my answer.
This is a slump. Gabby hasn't scored in 10 games, Richie's been bad for a while...

If they wake up, we'll be fine. But, their lack of scoring has shown that there are things we should do to upgrade the team at the deadline.

Old
01-19-2012, 09:49 PM
turcotte8

Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
"Time to wake up and smell the coffee regarding Staal pal. This is Letang's first game back after missing 21 games and he has flat out dominated the game like a legit #1 defenseman. Freakin Staal is a high speed trainwreck when he attempts to pinch in and he has been absolutely dreadful tonite so stop making excuses for him!"

Letang missed 6 weeks, Staal missed 9 months.

Closed Thread