HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton - Montreal

Old
01-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Jayball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
To each their own. I stand by my stance and I'm sure you stand by yours.
I'm thinking of a song by Celine dion......" all by myself ". That would be you standing alone with your opinion.

Montoya as a respectable starter. Lol

Jayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:23 AM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

If it was Montoya OK.....but Price....Cmon where the fair value?

It is equal value. We need a goalie bad. We need Ebs more.

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:24 AM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post
Forget about Price being traded! But Oilers need a top defenseman and the Habs would certainly discuss an Eberle-Subban kind of deal!
No thanks.....we'll give you Hemsky + for Subban. No kids though.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayball View Post
I'm thinking of a song by Celine dion......" all by myself ". That would be you standing alone with your opinion.

Montoya as a respectable starter. Lol
And you'd be wrong since others in this thread and around the forum said they'd do it.

And dear god, have you ever seen Montoya play?

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Jayball

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
And you'd be wrong since others in this thread and around the forum said they'd do it.

And dear god, have you ever seen Montoya play?
Yes I have that's why I commented. Montreal would not trade price and replace him with Montoya.

Jayball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:39 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Good video game trade but neither team does this.

dynastyREredux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilChuck View Post
LOL!!! Hemsky to the Habs??? Have you ever heard of trying to figure out your trade partners organizational needs? We have no need of an eternally injured slumping soft winger without size or toughness on our team. The Habs have no need of Hemsky. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread as Subban, never mind in a trade proposal for him.

Look, we value Price, Pacioretty, and Subban the way your team values RNH, Hall, and Eberle. Would you take Gionta for either of those guys? No. So don't offer us something like that to us.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:19 PM
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What the **** would the Habs do with Hemsky?

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:56 PM
rockinghockey

Sorry to say but Price will not get you Eberle. RNH, Eberle and Hall are off limits and by the sounds of it Price wants way too much money.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Sorry to say but Price will not get you Eberle. RNH, Eberle and Hall are off limits and by the sounds of it Price wants way too much money.
Thank the good Lord above for that! At the cost of Price I do not want Eberle. Good to know we are all in agreement.

Quote:
barneyg
Quote:
What the **** would the Habs do with Hemsky?
Keep on losing...especially if Gauthier was dumb enough to trade away a franchise type of defenceman in Subban for a weak, underperforming, oft-injured, soft UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT like Hemsky!!!!

Old
01-21-2012, 04:00 PM
tank he spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Thank the good Lord above for that! At the cost of Price I do not want Eberle. Good to know we are all in agreement.

Keep on losing...especially if Gauthier was dumb enough to trade away a franchise type of defenceman in Subban for a weak, underperforming, oft-injured, soft UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT like Hemsky!!!!
What exactly has Subban done to warrant him being referred to as a franchise D?

tank he spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:17 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Montreal doesnt want to trade Price and Edmonton doesn't want to trade Eberle.....so there!

Old
01-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 50
I agree with the Habs fans that Price is an extremely good goalie. Top-5 on some lists, probably top-8 on the majority of people's goalie lists, and they are lucky to have him playing for their team. The thing with Jordan Eberle is that he's one of the most loved players by the fans, but that is beside the point. He legitimately likes the city he lives in - and if you know our history with having star players tease and ditch us, then you'd understand why Eberle cannot be traded.

If Tamby does not plan to fail again next year, he will pick up a free agent goalie to fill the void while we develop Bunz/Roy/Perhonen. Price would be nice to have, although there are other options for us that do not cripple the team we've worked to build so far.

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:03 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
We need Eberle more than we need a goalie. It's literally impossible to tell what Eberle's value is at this point because he keeps on exceeding expectations. Until he either has a 100 point season or has 3 seasons which are pretty much the same performance-wise there's no way of telling how good this guy is. Would take a massive overpayment.

Massive overpayment saying Montreal would probably have to throw in Suban. Yeah. I know. That's crazy. Montreal would be better off making a trade for an established player with a ceiling of 80-85 points.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

As the Habs found with Cammalleri, the value of a diminutive offensive player can be fleeting. Eberle is good, and he'll have his moments in the sun in his career, to be sure, but the Habs need to build on what they have, not step backwards and create new holes in the roster. They should have the goaltending position nicely locked up for many years with Price. I wouldn't touch that. Find other ways to add scoring. Price should be considered untouchable.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Price couldnt handle playing behind the Oilers defense. He'd be crying every night.....literally

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
We need Eberle more than we need a goalie. It's literally impossible to tell what Eberle's value is at this point because he keeps on exceeding expectations. Until he either has a 100 point season or has 3 seasons which are pretty much the same performance-wise there's no way of telling how good this guy is. Would take a massive overpayment.

Massive overpayment saying Montreal would probably have to throw in Suban. Yeah. I know. That's crazy. Montreal would be better off making a trade for an established player with a ceiling of 80-85 points.
I used to hear the same crap from Oiler fans about how amazing Cogliano was, how he was the next best thing to hit hockey, he was untouchable unless for massive overpayment, etc... Look what he is doing and how massive an overpayment he received.

Believe me, Price alone is massive overpayment for Eberle. Keep Eberle. Please. We will suffer through Price, I guess.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:20 PM
JustAHabFan

Replace Price by Eberle and the Habs will guarantee to get the 1st overall pick in 2013. So the overall effect would be Eberle + 1st overall in 2013 for Price. Oilers' fans are overrated Eberle over here.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Replace Price by Eberle and the Habs will guarantee to get the 1st overall pick in 2013. So the overall effect would be Eberle + 1st overall in 2013 for Price. Oilers' fans are overrated Eberle over here.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:35 AM
shawnb1976
Rookie User

I would do Paajarvi and dub for price not eberle he is to good of a prospect to the oilers might throw in a 2 nd round draft pick too

shawnb1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:02 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
I used to hear the same crap from Oiler fans about how amazing Cogliano was, how he was the next best thing to hit hockey, he was untouchable unless for massive overpayment, etc... Look what he is doing and how massive an overpayment he received.

Believe me, Price alone is massive overpayment for Eberle. Keep Eberle. Please. We will suffer through Price, I guess.
Over point per game pace on the league's worst team? Excuse me? I'm also guessing you don't watch the world juniors. Many would argue that he made more noise at the world juniors than Toews.(I've got a video of the shootout sequence. One of the coolest things I've ever seen in hockey.)

Star forwards are worth far more than star goalies.... and .... LOLZ sorry but Andrew Cogliano? When did someone say he was the future? He had a good rookie year and he failed to build on it. His shot never improved, his positioning never improved and his face-off winning % never improved. After he was 1/2 into his second season everyone realized that this guy had the hockey IQ of a typical peewee player.

Eberle is the opposite of that. He's full of spontaneous creativity. He's a great playmaker, he's got a great shot and he knows how to score goals. Not only that. He knows how to score goals when his team needs it the most. The kid is a human highlight reel. He's pretty much the opposite of Andrew Cogliano.

Your comparison is the equivalent of me saying that Price is destined to be as much of a failure for Montreal as Gomez has been.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Dafe

oh really, you'd trade a prospect and a backup for one of the best goalies in the league?

Dafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:57 AM
reffree

Quote:

Look, we value Price, Pacioretty, and Subban the way your team values RNH, Hall, and Eberle. Would you take Gionta for either of those guys? No. So don't offer us something like that to us.
Ouch, it's a very bad time to be a Habs fan, I hope you suck enough till the end of the year to draft a star ...

reffree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:38 AM
spoofpig

i like this we could trade down in the draft go for subban in goal unless the tank is on for Grigorenko then pick another 1st for M. Subban

spoofpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:11 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Price is as close to untouchable as you get in the league today. Worth much more than Eberle. A top goalie has more value than a top winger

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote