HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm alright with this season turning out this way if...

Old
01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Luceni

vCash: 500
I'm done with this season. We won't make the playoffs and this team does look like a top 3 draft team at the moment.

First of all, get rid of Ruff.

Then I'd ship out Stafford, Roy, Boyes, Leopold, Weber, Grags for picks and prospects at trade deadline.

Then I would finish the season with:

Ennis - Adam - Vanek
Gerbe - Leino - Pominville
Foligno - Gaustad - Kassian
Kaleta - McCormick - Tropp

Myers - Regehr
Sekera - McNabb
Brennan - Erhoff

Miller
Enroth

I do that because I want to see if rokies like Foligno, Tropp or Brennan actually have NHL talent. I wanna get them a few games and see what they can do. Besides we get rid of a lot of salary.

At draft day, we should have one Top 5 pick and possible another first Rounder from the deadline moves.

I would try to get a good center with a package around Pominville + 1 round pick (not ours) + more, depends on who comes our way. I'd target guys like Staal (both, from PIT and CAR), Getzlaf, Hodgson, Couturier.

Then Draft Gygerenko or Galynchuk.
After that, we look onto a roster like:

Ennis - Getzlaf, Staal, Hodgson or Couturier - Vanek
Leino - drafted center - Kassian
Gerbe - Gaustad - Tropp
McCormick - Hecht - Kaleta

Myers - Regehr
Erhoff - Mcnabb
Sekera - Pysyk
Brennan

Miller
Enroth

Well, that suddenly doesen't look to shabby.
Then we should probably look for an UFA top 6 RW with size at offseason. Or maybe Armia could be get from europe for some money?

Well, what do you think?

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
Suddenly you've got a young squad with two proven leaders in Vanek and Pommer,
That's Darcy-talk. Neither Vanek or Pomminville are leader material. They're both solid players, but neither have a leader mentality. Vanek is too emotionally introspective and Pomminville is too...well...too nice. I bet somebody has to quiet the locker room down for him to speak his mind about how they should be playing.

Quote:
two very good veteran d-men in Erhoff and Regehr
Maybe this is more of a due dilligence issue, but many Vancouver fans talk about how prone he is to injury, particularly late season.

Quote:
and a franchise goalie who may not be top-5, but should rebound to top-10 next season.
Should? He'll be even a year older next season. What are you basing this prediction on?

Quote:
You've got more cap room to work with, 4-5 really good prospects at the very least (Kassian, Armia, 1st pick in 2012, Pysyk, Mcnabb), and a new regime with the majority of the original core gone beyond Pommer, Vanek, Goose, and Staff.
Why keep Goose & Staff? If there's an opportunity to dump them, DUMP THEM. But who's gonna take them, especially Stafford at his cost and term?

I will never understand how anybody ever looked at the core of this team and ever envisioned them hoisting the Cup. Every season I watch how the Cup-winning team played and it typically looks very little like the Sabre's core.

Finally.....FINALLY....the Sabre's dirty little secret that many fans already knew, is out: The core sucks. Anybody who believes in the core shouldn't be in a decision-making role in the organization.

And if by chance those same front office people who believe in the core happen to be the same people who so egregiously handled the Drury/Briere fiasco, they should be banished to baseball. Permanently.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:11 AM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEYAREGOODSCARYGOOD View Post
Boyssss let's get Montreals first rounder their GM is a plug
I like where this is headed! What does Regier offer to get it done?!

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote