HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Burke and Murray Talking About Ryan

Old
01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 500
who saw that coming

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:57 AM
hdtrax

Burkey said he wanted to trade down because no other team had Bobby as highly rated as Anaheim did.

Needless to say, I think it's better that he's forever known as the guy drafted right after Crosby instead of JJ, Pouliot or Price

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don Draper View Post
This is honestly way overblown.

Parise is an example of how a top-line winger can compensate for NOT having a true no. 1 center. If you had Ryan and Kessel on a line, you may only need a good no. 1 center (like a Stastny, Zajac - which I think we can develop Colborne to be) instead of an elite no. 1 in the mould of Staal, Getzlaf, etc.
Who said elite though? I said number one, which you dont have. The Bruins have two borderline 1/2 centers, who are better than what the Leafs have.

IMO, Grabs is a very good number two center, and you shoudl keep him. BUT, I think your assets could be used elsewhere on a center...Mike Richards for example. Not a true #1, but with your strong depth at forward hed fit in perfectly IMO.

Just playing devils advocate I guess, but you see my point.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Who said elite though? I said number one, which you dont have. The Bruins have two borderline 1/2 centers, who are better than what the Leafs have.

IMO, Grabs is a very good number two center, and you shoudl keep him. BUT, I think your assets could be used elsewhere on a center...Mike Richards for example. Not a true #1, but with your strong depth at forward hed fit in perfectly IMO.

I think we need a good shutdown centre most tbh. You look at your top two, and bergy has the skill to play top six but he also can fit into that shutdown/third line role, not to mention you have kelly as well.

Both connolly, bozak and grabo are skilled enough to be top six but neither of them are really shut-down types, which really hurts us imo

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:04 PM
hdtrax

Quote:

I do.. but it's much easier said than done to get that no. 1 center via trade. We tried for Mike Richards (Kadri+Kulemin was discussed..Philly never got back to us) but to no avail. And there's a distinction between good no. 1 and elite no.1 - Toronto's looking for the latter but willing to settle for the former.

There's two wingers for every center in the NHL; meaning you're dealing with a fairly limited market in terms of trades. You're better off trying to develop (as Boston has done) and acquring other high-end talent wherever possible given your assets.

And as someone else correctly pointed out - Toronto can use elite talent wherever it may be: wing, goal, center, d - wherever really.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
SnipeCheeseAllDay

Kadri
Gunnarsson
MacArthur
Holzer

for Ryan

Our defense will be even worse without the solid Gunnarsson but our forwards need size and speed right now big time.

SnipeCheeseAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
schenn + 2nd + macarthur ( maybe add in holzer?) for ryan

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Grabovski + Kadri + 1st for Ryan?

Huntershin Karuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Just letting this be known and we should be applauded for our actions

A Ducks fan started this thread.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Dutch77
Predictable..

The Ducks aren't trading any of their "big 3" unless ownership wants to cut payroll. The team's rolling right now.

Dutch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
sparxx87

Quote:

I agree.. Having 3 number 2 centers could possibly hide the fact that there isn't that big horse... But to your point, to an extent, quantity can equal quality.

Which do you take?

Lupul-Stastny-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Kulemin

Or

Lupul-Connolly-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo-Ryan

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I dont see how. Anaheim gets depth out of this deal a quality core player and equal cap comes in as going out. Grabovski's production at this point equals what Ryan brings to the table, of course its unfortunate that grabo is unsigned but this puts anaheim into the best possition to resign grabo.
Grabo as a UFA has very little value to the Ducks and to say his production is equal to Ryan's is laughable - point totals this season are close, but you're talking about a 24 year old who's on pace for his 4th consecutive 30+ goal season in a down year.

Ryan will cost a lot more then average at best depth players.

I am also a little tired of the "we will own the Ducks in a trade" - Lupul couldn't stay healthy in Anaheim so was a pure salary dump, Beauch was basically traded for Gardiner and a 4th. TO is happy that Lupul has worked out so far, but Leaf fans wouldn't be so excited if Lupul was sitting in the infirmary. Lupul has sort of alternated between healthy year/unhealthy year so lets hope for the Leafs sake he stays healthy.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Grabo as a UFA has very little value to the Ducks and to say his production is equal to Ryan's is laughable - point totals this season are close, but you're talking about a 24 year old who's on pace for his 4th consecutive 30+ goal season in a down year.

I am also a little tired of the "we will own the Ducks in a trade" - Lupul couldn't stay healthy in Anaheim so was a pure salary dump, Beauch was basically traded for Gardiner and a 4th. TO is happy that Lupul has worked out so far, but Leaf fans wouldn't be so excited if Lupul was sitting in the infirmary. Lupul has sort of alternated between healthy year/unhealthy year so lets hope for the Leafs sake he stays healthy.
Hey, I like this guy, he speaks sense!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:35 PM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
schenn + 2nd + macarthur ( maybe add in holzer?) for ryan
JunkYou can start with draft picks and go from there.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
JunkYou can start with draft picks and go from there.
Why would we start with draft picks if Murray wants core players back?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:42 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Title edited to something a little less misleading.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Title edited to something a little less misleading.
Burke and Murray "Could Be" Talking About Bobby Ryan.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Sundinisagod
@snizzbone

Though the Leafs are in need of a #1 center, there may not be one available during the season. I'd say the second need is a top 6 pf, which Ryan certainly is. Burke has to make a move to help secure a playoff birth, and then I'm sre he wants to address the forwards lack of size for playoffs...

I'd say something along the lines of Kadri, a 1st, and a young defenceman.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Sundinisagod
@snizzbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post

To be honest, Leaf fans would have still been happy if Lupul never left the infirmary...that was the price to get Gardiner, we were fine with it...anything Lupul did was considered gravy.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:52 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Burke and Murray "Could Be" Talking About Bobby Ryan.
"Rumour" implies the variable here.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Zal

I'm just not seeing how Toronto could put together a package that would entice Murray to trade Ryan.

Kessel would have to be part of the deal. What else could Toronto deal? Schenn and parts won't get it done.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Kaktus*

If Leafs will lose tonight against Wild we'll have these threads on half an hour basis.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
neofury*

Have a feeling especially because of the Lupul/Gardiner trade it will have to be even worse overpayment than Kessel was, though likely more to do with assets than picks specifically.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:57 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
I'm just not seeing how Toronto could put together a package that would entice Murray to trade Ryan.

Kessel would have to be part of the deal. What else could Toronto deal? Schenn and parts won't get it done.
1st + Colborne + the D Ducks were looking at + MacArthur etc

Trust me they do have the assets to do it, will be overpayment but they do have the assets.

1st + Colborne imo is where it would start.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Johnny Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, because Toronto has no other assets besides Kessel.

Johnny Bang Bang is offline   Reply With Quote