HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Burke and Murray Talking About Ryan

Old
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
1st + Colborne + the D Ducks were looking at + MacArthur etc

Trust me they do have the assets to do it, will be overpayment but they do have the assets.

1st + Colborne imo is where it would start.
It'll likely start with 1st + Nazem Kadri.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
IBLeaf*

Mac + Colborne/Kadri + 1st + Holzer?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Shaun_W_W

I don't know, I think I'd rather have Lombardi on our top line wing

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:04 PM
gabeliscious

i dont think it would be as much as people expect.

i wouldnt be shocked to see something like

kulemin, gunnarson, holzer, and a 1st for ryan + something small (mid prospect or mid draft pick)

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:06 PM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
Mac + Colborne/Kadri + 1st + Holzer?
mmm no...to much for ryan..take one of kadri/colborne or the 1st pick out and add a 2nd or another prospect..

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:07 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Grabo as a UFA has very little value to the Ducks and to say his production is equal to Ryan's is laughable - point totals this season are close, but you're talking about a 24 year old who's on pace for his 4th consecutive 30+ goal season in a down year.

Ryan will cost a lot more then average at best depth players.

I am also a little tired of the "we will own the Ducks in a trade" - Lupul couldn't stay healthy in Anaheim so was a pure salary dump, Beauch was basically traded for Gardiner and a 4th. TO is happy that Lupul has worked out so far, but Leaf fans wouldn't be so excited if Lupul was sitting in the infirmary. Lupul has sort of alternated between healthy year/unhealthy year so lets hope for the Leafs sake he stays healthy.

2011/2012

Grabovski
39GP 14G 12A 26P +1

Ryan
45Gp 17G 11A 28P -6

its not laughable. Grabovski's production is on par with Ryan this season, last season he was 10 points shy. When i said its equal production, all i meant was that grabo will come in and put forth the same effort and production that ryan has done this season. meaning their offense will not take as much of a hit as some people think. Sure grabo is obviously not as good as Ryan, but if the leafs are trying to get better and make the playoffs obviously we arent about to give up kessel who is producing more then Ryan this season. We adress Anaheims need for depth by getting them a similarily productive forward and tack on a top defenseman and a project defenseman. 3 assets for 1 to a team that is in need of a shake-up. Sure grabo is unsigned and thats the iffy question, but anaheim has the best odds of resigning him if they make this trade.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
i dont think it would be as much as people expect.

i wouldnt be shocked to see something like

kulemin, gunnarson, holzer, and a 1st for ryan + something small (mid prospect or mid draft pick)

That is a lot. Gunnarsson is the most underrated player on our team and our second best defenceman behind Phaneuf. He's also our best defensively.

Old
SEALBound

I would imagine

Kadri + Schenn/Kulemin + 2nd

for

Ryan + mid D/F prospect depending on who they take...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
asian mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
1st + Colborne + the D Ducks were looking at + MacArthur etc

Trust me they do have the assets to do it, will be overpayment but they do have the assets.

1st + Colborne imo is where it would start.
Is it possible to not include colborne and instead include frattin and 3rd (in his place) or somewhere along those lines. Colborne is the exact kind of player the leafs need just a year or two away(hopefully).

asian mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
If Leafs will lose tonight against Wild we'll have these threads on half an hour basis.
Well let's see, Wilson shook the D pairings up before the game against Ottawa, tonight the forward lines are being shaken up against Minnesota, they've gone back to the Monster in net. If we lose tonight it's hard to imagine Burke just letting another loss slide. The trade talk and rumors will be on full force. A loss tonight and we could possibly be 5 pts back of a playoff spot by Saturday.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
If Leafs will lose tonight against Wild we'll have these threads on half an hour basis.
lol how true that is.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:18 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
That is a lot. Gunnarsson is the most underrated player on our team and our second best defenceman behind Phaneuf. He's also our best defensively.
i agree that gunnarson is under rated but him having value is the point.

we are giving up a lot in the sense that we are giving up a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman, + a defensive prospect (call it even for gardiner) + a 1st BUT we are giving away things that we can live without.

gunnarson is great but i think most non leaf fans would agree that he wouldnt be a top 2 pairing on a contending team. he is possibly a #3 or # 4.

kulemin has great offensive potential still but i think most would agree that ryans offensive ceiling is higher. it is easier to replace kulemins defense then find ryans offense.

burke likely would need to include holzer to even out the last trade. its not necessarily fair but sometimes you need to do a political move to keep the peace. he also is unlikely to ever make the team with the amount of defensive depth we have in the pipeline (blacker, percy, )

the 1st is the 1st. ideally burke could get it down to a 2nd but who know.

at the end of the day the leafs can live without kulemin, and gunnarson, and holzer and a pick if they are able to get ryan imo.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian mailman View Post
Is it possible to not include colborne and instead include frattin and 3rd (in his place) or somewhere along those lines. Colborne is the exact kind of player the leafs need just a year or two away(hopefully).
So instead of a bluechip prospect include something a team probably doesnt want as much? Not how trades work.

If Ryan were to come to the Leafs, I dont see how one of Schenn, Colborne, Kadri or Kulemin couldnt be involved.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:19 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Burkie: "Hey Bob, how's Bobby Ryan?"
Murray: "Good, thanks for asking!"
Burkie: "Good to hear it, take care."

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
2011/2012

Grabovski
39GP 14G 12A 26P +1

Ryan
45Gp 17G 11A 28P -6

its not laughable. Grabovski's production is on par with Ryan this season, last season he was 10 points shy. When i said its equal production, all i meant was that grabo will come in and put forth the same effort and production that ryan has done this season. meaning their offense will not take as much of a hit as some people think. Sure grabo is obviously not as good as Ryan, but if the leafs are trying to get better and make the playoffs obviously we arent about to give up kessel who is producing more then Ryan this season. We adress Anaheims need for depth by getting them a similarily productive forward and tack on a top defenseman and a project defenseman. 3 assets for 1 to a team that is in need of a shake-up. Sure grabo is unsigned and thats the iffy question, but anaheim has the best odds of resigning him if they make this trade.

Using half of one season of point totals to make a comparison is what is laughable. Ryan has been over 30 goals and 60 points in each of his first three seasons. Grabovski has not done either once in his career. Last year he was close obviously to both totals, but that was his best season to date, and it was only 1 point more than Ryan's rookie season, where he played in 17 less games.

So they are not "similarly productive" as you put it. And when you throw in the facts that Grabo is a UFA, Bobby is signed to a cap friendly deal for 4 more years, and the Ducks are 13th in the west, aka they have no use for a UFA, the value is incredibly not similar. A UFA just cant be the center of a trade. Makes zero sense from a Ducks perspective.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post

Murray: "Burkie, wait!"
Burkie: "What's up Bob?"
Murray: "I miss you. Things just haven't been the same since the trade.
Burkie: "LOLLL."

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:27 PM
asian mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I would imagine

Kadri + Schenn/Kulemin + 2nd

for

Ryan + mid D/F prospect depending on who they take...
Id do kadri + Kulemin + 2nd

but if schenns in..... Schenn and Holzer and 3rd

If we dont get him for that fine I can understand they want to keep him / or wait for a better offer.

* But from a fans point of view Were still far away from a cup and 1 player aint gonna win us a cup.

*I know its gonna be a over payment to get him , but at Toronto's current spot where we just started building a team and developing players are we really in a postion to trade what we built up for one player.

Im at the point Now where I think the best move might be No move or to move a couple contracts off the team so guys like colborne kadri and frattin get to play more time. Bringing in more forward contracts is just pushing the kids off more and more.

Maybe not trying to rush to the cup the first time we make the playoffs might make us a stronger team 2 three years down the road so we can keep showing up the playoffs.

asian mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bang Bang View Post
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, because Toronto has no other assets besides Kessel.
Right, is right. You have nothing that would attract Murray. This is complete BS. If I were a Ducks fan, I'd be livid at the very thought of dealing with Toronto went it comes to Ryan.

The guy that posted above me was thinking a 1st+ Colborne. Not happening. Murray has already stated fair value roster players or it's a no deal.

1st? Ducks are still looking to compete, as stated by Murray. Picks aren't going to cut it. Colborne won't get it done either.

So, yes kid, you don't have what it takes to get Ryan, unless Murray is going to do Burke a huge favor, which is unlikely. Right is right.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Woll Smoth

vCash: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post

Read title, first thing that popped into my head was this.

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Well asside from this being no more then mere speculation at this point. Deals can change at any time so if its not imminent then its really nothing more then talking and negotiating (something that murray is doing with plenty other GM's outside of Burke *Vice Versa*). But to answer the op question if a trade involving the leafs and anaheim were to go down i think this is who will be involved

To Anaheim
Luke Schenn
Mikhail Grabovski
Korbinian Holzer

To Toronto
Bobby Ryan
+ *** (something that can fill Holzer's spot on the marlies)
Ryan would require more than that. Grabovsky has minimal value as he is a UFA in July.

More like Schenn Kadri plus Kulemin(having a crappy year but solid player). Ryan is young(24) has size and already has 3 30+ goal seasons(31, 34 and 35) under his belt) plus he is signed pretty cheap(5 mil cap hit) for 5 more years.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Minister of Offence

Who's gonna carry and distribute the puck for all these wingers?

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
HOLY OVERPAYMENT BATMAN. That should be the offer going for Getzlaf not Bobby Ryan...
In terms of pure value Ryan is probably worth as much, he is signed 2 more years than Getzlaf at barely above 5 mil cap hit. Getzlaf will be a UFa summer of 2013 and will probably cost Staal money(8.5 mil) or close.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:46 PM
yideboit

feel like getting flamed and throwing my hat into the ring ...

here goes!

*not going through every ryan to tml thread and searching past suggestions or 5+ pages here either, so i apologize if you've already seen this offer

To Tor:
B. Ryan
J. Schultz

To Ana:
M. Grabovski
N. Kadri
L. Schenn
K. Holzer
2nd 2012

yideboit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Jerzey Devil

Do the Leafs even need more scoring? Forgive my ignorance on the subject but shouldn't they focus on their defense if they're going to trade (much like the Devils)?

Just seems like they have a pretty solid offense atm. Could be wrong because I don't really follow the Leafs as much.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Who's gonna carry and distribute the puck for all these wingers?
Tim Connolly.