HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-la

Old
01-18-2012, 11:54 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Nyr-la

To NY: "Pancakes" Penner
To LA: Wojtek Wolski

Logic: Tortorella hates Wolski and won't get a shot here. He is a UFA and there is a chance that he could bounce back. Unlike Penner, Wolski is actually in shape and has good work ethic. His biggest issue is mentally he is soft. However, there is no doubt in my mind, he will produce more than Penner has for the Kings...

In NY, Penner would have to options. Hit the weight room or sit in the press box. For NY, hopefully Callahan and co's work ethic would rub off on Penner and his play would improve. If not, since he has no ties to the team, he is sent to the minors. Tortorella prides himself on having the top conditioned team in the league so if Penner wants a shot, he'd have to get in shape...

Neither team really loses in this situation since neither player are doing much.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:56 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Pass.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:59 PM
DontgoZiggy

No thanks, Penner has been better under Sutter.

DontgoZiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:12 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Penner's played MUCH better since Sutter has taken over. Seems to have revitalized his game, and he'll be an important part of the 30th ranked offense in the league if he wants to help change that number.

Besides, Rangers aren't going to add more salary unless it's CONSIDERABLE upgrade, and I think they'd look to add more speed with whatever acquistion they make as well.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I love how people think that that Penner has no one around him with a great work ethic and that their team would miraculously fix him.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Rod Buskas*

uhh no thanks. Penner is WAY more useful than Wolski.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:29 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Yea ur going to need to add more to get Penner. Wolski is no where near as good/valuable to his club.

Not sure if Penner would be the greatest addition for the Rangers (doesn't seem like he's a Torts kind of guy..) but he probably would be the best bang for buck. Probably will be cheapest top 6 winger (of guys NYR would acquire..) come deadline time though Kings will likely hang on to him for the playoff hunt.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:36 AM
apadilla

two months ago maybe, but surely not now,

apadilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:27 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Glad to see the OP watches Penner.

Penner doesn't need to "hit the weight room" and his work ethic has not been questioned at all this season. He's actually been dramatically better in terms of effort and conditioning, not only from last year as a King but also from the past few years as an Oiler as well.

Big pass from us. Penner's put up ok numbers under Sutter and is coming off the best game I've seen him play in LA.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:06 AM
rajuabju

The two people who have benefited most from Sutter:

Penner and Williams

rajuabju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:10 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I don't know how a guy who has 4 points in 13 games (Under Sutter) is much more useful than Wolski. Please explain to me...
Is he playing great defense, is he a physical presence. Has he been unlucky?

Old
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
To NY: "Pancakes" Penner
To LA: Wojtek Wolski

Logic: Tortorella hates Wolski and won't get a shot here. He is a UFA and there is a chance that he could bounce back. Unlike Penner, Wolski is actually in shape and has good work ethic. His biggest issue is mentally he is soft. However, there is no doubt in my mind, he will produce more than Penner has for the Kings...

In NY, Penner would have to options. Hit the weight room or sit in the press box. For NY, hopefully Callahan and co's work ethic would rub off on Penner and his play would improve. If not, since he has no ties to the team, he is sent to the minors. Tortorella prides himself on having the top conditioned team in the league so if Penner wants a shot, he'd have to get in shape...

Neither team really loses in this situation since neither player are doing much.
I see your knowledge of Penner is stuff you've "learned" from the HF boards!

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
alpine4life

If Torts hate Wolski, cant wait to see his reaction will be when he sees how lazy Penner really is...

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:34 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
I see your knowledge of Penner is stuff you've "learned" from the HF boards!
His fitness is a well documented issue. Not only on HFBOARDS, by sports writers everywhere. Also, his effort has always been questioned.
He has put up 4 points in 13 since Sutter took over against the Ducks. This isn't a dominant player. I can respect you wanting to wait to see if he improves, but to act like there is some sort of great chasm between their trade values is silly... Both are underperforming second liners, who have performed well in the past...

Old
01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Rob Scudari and Kyle Clifford to NYR
Wolski, Anisimov to Kings...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Zal

Quote:
I don't know how a guy who has 4 points in 13 games (Under Sutter) is much more useful than Wolski. Please explain to me...
He started out playing on the 3rd line under Sutter, but has recently been on the 2nd line due to consistant play. Disregard his current point total, because if he continues with his strong play, he will surely get a lot more points.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:10 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
His fitness is a well documented issue. Not only on HFBOARDS, by sports writers everywhere. Also, his effort has always been questioned.
He has put up 4 points in 13 since Sutter took over against the Ducks. This isn't a dominant player. I can respect you wanting to wait to see if he improves, but to act like there is some sort of great chasm between their trade values is silly... Both are underperforming second liners, who have performed well in the past...
Quit dwelling on past issues. he came into camp in great shape and all the people that count (his teammates) have never once questioned his work ethic.

He has been snake bit like every Kings player this season. He started off the season hurt then hit a slump... like the entire team has. He has had a rough couple of years but has showed signs of improvement. I never commented on his value compared to other players... you made that assumption. My point was your misinformation on Penner and his condition/work ethic.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
NYR add Yogan. Done deal for Penner

The Rangers then flip Eminger, NYR 2nd + 4th (2012) and MZA to Columbus for Prospal & Påhlsson

Finalize with dealing Mitchell or Woywitka, Valentenko and a 3rd (4th?) in 2013 to Calgary for C. Sarich

Prospal - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Richards - Callahan
Penner - Anisimov - Hagelin
Rupp/Feds - Boyle/Pålsson - Prust

McD/Staal - Girardi
Staal/McD - Sauer (presently injured)
MDZ - Sarich
Strålman

Looks nasty. And deep.
Fits capwise too. If done closae to deadline

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Fitness was an issue until this season. He came to camp ripped and he's been playing much better, point totals not withstanding.

Under Sutter he's been really good and the Nucks game was by far his best as a King IMO. He started slow under Sutter but has three points in his last five games and overall has played hard and pretty good the last 15 games or so.

I think the difference between values is that while both players aren't scoring, Penner is still contributing to his team. Wolski has a total of 13:40 in ice time the last two games and he somehow managed to go -3 in just 6:20 the last game. Penner on the other hand has been getting 14+ minutes a night under Sutter and seeing upwards of 24 shifts a game.

Clearly, one is more valuable and appreciated than the other on their respective teams and likely across the league as well.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:07 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

This isn't even an argument now, as a diehard Rangers fan who's 2nd favorite team is the Kings, give me Penner any day of the week over Wolski, especially right now.

Neither are great defensive players, or producing at the very least notable offensive numbers. Both have questionable work ethics.

The difference is that Penner is bigger and more physical and score goals, Wolski is just a soft lazy shell of that 65 point player he was in Colorado and then a few years ago between Colorado and Phoenix.

Penner also won a cup and was a beast for Anaheim in the playoffs that year.

I'll take "Pancakes" over the "Polish Princess".

The only reason I don't make that trade is salary cap related.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
rajuabju

Quote:
The recent resurgence of our pathetic PP has been in part due to Penner planting his fatass in front of the net consistently. He's been "involved" in multiple PP goals, although finally netted his first PP goal the only night.

I agree, he's not putting up 2nd line numbers. But he is playing a lot better the last few weeks and IF he can keep it up, the points will come.

The proposal isnt a bad one... but Wolski just isnt someone who is going to help our team any more than Penner.

rajuabju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Ollie Weeks

No idea about Wolski's play these days. I can't imagine he's putting forth effort wherever he is. Slump aside, at least Penner has that going for him. Effort.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Rob Scudari and Kyle Clifford to NYR
Wolski, Anisimov to Kings...
What is this, I don't even...hell no!!!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote