HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well let me ask you this...will they get a #1 pick in the package? I would assume so. That's too rich for my blood...BUT while I am generally adamantly opposed to moving assets for rentals, in this case I would be ok with dealing some assets for this guy. I know a lot of people don't think it's possible for us to sign him (if available this summer) but I think we can find a way to get it done. Players like this don't come available very often...and he would be a huge addition to this team for years to come. We've been talking about secondary scoring for years now...this is as good secondary scoring as you'll find. Regardless, kind of silly to think the Devils would trade him to us anyway.
Anisimov, Thomas, 1st, and a 3rd, with the agreement that he'll re-sign here. Too little? lol

It's not like the Devils are gonna trade him here anyway

Old
01-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well let me ask you this...will they get a #1 pick in the package? I would assume so. That's too rich for my blood...BUT while I am generally adamantly opposed to moving assets for rentals, in this case I would be ok with dealing some assets for this guy. I know a lot of people don't think it's possible for us to sign him (if available this summer) but I think we can find a way to get it done. Players like this don't come available very often...and he would be a huge addition to this team for years to come. We've been talking about secondary scoring for years now...this is as good secondary scoring as you'll find. Regardless, kind of silly to think the Devils would trade him to us anyway.
If we traded for Parise, Gaborik would be relegated to the secondary scoring role and Parise would be our prime threat.

As far as the cost of him? Absolutely a 1st round pick will be involved. They will likely want roster player and a top prospect as well. Like 1st Dubi Kreider, maybe more. Even though Parise is a FA, the opportunity to acquire players like him do not come around often and GM's around the league recognize that.

01-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Anisimov, Thomas, 1st, and a 3rd, with the agreement that he'll re-sign here. Too little? lol

It's not like the Devils are gonna trade him here anyway
The agreement that he will re-sign will drive up the price because that eliminates any chance that he will return to the Devils, as little as that chance may be.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:08 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
If we traded for Parise, Gaborik would be relegated to the secondary scoring role and Parise would be our prime threat.

As far as the cost of him? Absolutely a 1st round pick will be involved. They will likely want roster player and a top prospect as well. Like 1st Dubi Kreider, maybe more. Even though Parise is a FA, the opportunity to acquire players like him do not come around often and GM's around the league recognize that.

Yeah, I was trying to say that he's beyond secondary scoring.

Right, that's a package similar to what the Stars wanted and I was totally opposed to giving that up for Richards when I had a strong feeling he would be a Ranger on July 1. So there's no way I'm moving even half of a 1st/Dubi/Kreider/more to rent Parise. If he wants to come to NY he'll come here as a UFA because our 7M spends the same as anyone elses and he wants to stay in the area AND play on a team on the rise. I hate to say things like this...but Parise on the Rangers = Strong Cup Contender.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:12 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

We could definitely acquire Parise if this is true. If we do expect us to pay a handsome premium to what the Wild for example would pay since we are a rival.

If its prospects & picks we'd likely need to pony up:

Anisimov OR Kreider, 2 1sts at absolute minimum.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Yeah, I was trying to say that he's beyond secondary scoring.

Right, that's a package similar to what the Stars wanted and I was totally opposed to giving that up for Richards when I had a strong feeling he would be a Ranger on July 1. So there's no way I'm moving even half of a 1st/Dubi/Kreider/more to rent Parise. If he wants to come to NY he'll come here as a UFA because our 7M spends the same as anyone elses and he wants to stay in the area AND play on a team on the rise. I hate to say things like this...but Parise on the Rangers = Strong Cup Contender.
With Parise on the Rangers IMO we easily can rival Boston and could actually become favorites for the cup.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:55 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
With Parise on the Rangers IMO we easily can rival Boston and could actually become favorites for the cup.
The question is what would we trade?
It would be friggin expensive.
I don't think it would be worth it TBH...

If Slats really wants him...get him as a UFA...

Old
01-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Thanks.

I'd love to get Whitney just as I would Selanne. Unfortunately, I believe the Yotes damn defensive system is gonna keep them in the chase till the end and the NHL needs them to make the play-offs. I'm afraid what Selanne will cost given his red-hot form, even a late 1st might not be enough.

I don't mind moving Anisimov, but I'd want it to be someone with a future here, not just this spring. Also, I'm not keen on moving him for someone in his mid to late thirties.
I agree with you. No sense moving a roster player like Anni for a rental as it makes no sense. I'm not sure if Selanne wants to leave Anaheim but I would be all over it if he does.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Esa 10

Quote:
I really hope he didn't say 6th defenseman. Certainly you could argue he is no better than a #2...but that's about as little credit an objective observer could give him.
It depends on one's definition of a #1 D. I think of players who can produce offense from the back while defending. Guys like Chara, Suter, Lidstrom, Weber, Keith, etc. Unless Marc has an amazing surge in that part of his game, this disqualifies him from consideration as a #1 for me. A #2? Definitely.

Quote:
What would it cost to rent Parise for the stretch run and post-season? Too much no doubt, as you gotta figure more than the Stars were asking for Richards.
There is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL UNTIL IT FREEZES OVER IN HELL BLAH BLAH... the Devils would trade Parise to the Rangers.

Old
01-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Drewbackatu would be satisfied trading Staal for a 4th round pick because Marc Staal is a *EDIT* bottom pairing defenseman in his opinion. I don't know how the Staal family wronged Mr. Backatu but his hatred for Marc Staal is unrivaled.
Stop exaggerating already, it's silly. I wouldn't trade Marc Staal right now. If you would just read what I posted about him and the rest of our defensive core going forward(2 or so years down the road), you wouldn't make these knee jerk comments about my supposed hatred of Marc Staal.

Come on already, we're all Rangers fans and in it together.

Old
01-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I agree with you. No sense moving a roster player like Anni for a rental as it makes no sense. I'm not sure if Selanne wants to leave Anaheim but I would be all over it if he does.
I saw an article with Selanne a week or so back where he was basically hedging his bets. Basically left it as a possibility under the right circumstances. Who knows what that means...

Old
01-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Sorry let me correct myself. He believes Marc Staal is a bottom pairing defenseman. So 5th or 6th.
You guys are really funny. I hope all of these comments about how I view Marc are tongue in cheek!

Old
01-21-2012, 12:50 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:

Why?

Parise plays LW and GAbby plays RW

They can play on the same line and both be primary scoring threats.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Would love to see our 1st rounder to Columbus for Vinny Prospal. The guy plays his heart out and is an experienced leader and a playoff performer.

Dubi/Hagelin Stepan Gaborik
Prospal Richards Callahan
Dubi/Hagelin Anisimov Fedotenko
Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Girardi McDonagh
Staal Del Zotto
Sauer Eminger (Both should be healthy come April)
Stralman Bickel as extras

That is a pretty damn good lineup to roll out for the postseason.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
Would love to see our 1st rounder to Columbus for Vinny Prospal. The guy plays his heart out and is an experienced leader and a playoff performer.

Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Girardi McDonagh
Staal Del Zotto

WHAT?? You're insane

Old
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post

Rupp Boyle Prust
Mitchell

Girardi McDonagh
Staal Del Zotto

If he were to become available you get him for less than a 1st. That would be huge overpayment.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:22 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Some Ducks fans are throwing around Anisimov, Sauer, Thomas, and a 1st for Ryan.

I'd do it, too bad the Ducks fans posting on here are not the Ducks GM haha.

Then trade a 3rd or 4th round pick to Montreal for Moen and another 3rd or 4th round pick in 2013 for Dominic Moore.

Wolski and Christensen waived or traded for nothing to make cap space.

Mitchell back to Hartford or kept as the 12/13th forward.

Dubinsky - Stepan - Gaborik (Hopefully top line minutes will get Dubi going)
Ryan - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - Moore - Feds
Moen - Boyle - Prust
Rupp

Probably to may trades to be realistic.

Last edited by UAGoalieGuy: 01-21-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old
01-21-2012, 02:39 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
What makes you think the Oil would move any of their big 3 kids for D help? Hall is like a rock star in Edmonton. They can draft a potentially great one with a top 3 pick in the upcoming draft. They can trade said pick for a great return that helps their D. They can sign somebody in FA. They can package less valuable forward assets like Gagner, Paajarvi, etc. for decent help on D.

How good is Martinez? Is he really worth one of our rare sniper prospects like Thomas?

Once again, I think there are better ways for the Oil to get help on D than move one of their big 3 kids at forward.

prop Hall trade:
They have other options. But I am giving them a very enticing offer.

First, let's assume they tank, get a top 5 pick. Whoever they get, will be stud F. They already have RNH, no less a rock star on an ELC, and Eberle. It would hurt, but from a sniper standpoint, they could afford to part with Hall IF they get good return.

for starters they get Girardi + Sauer. Instant shutdown pair. All Star D for pre-elite sniper. Seems fair in overview on face.

Then 1 add 2 future Ranger firsts!, It only cost them 3 seconds. Granted, 1 kept this year's 1st and have their 2nd coming this year, but after that for the next 2 years, we are flipping our 1sts for their 2nds. If we win the Cup around 30, and they improve to like 17, they are giving up like #47 to get #30 twice. That's not something that would be lost on Kevin Lowe.

I have included their choice of Stacjer/Talbot, which is instant + for them, looking past Kabibulin --- besides trading him for assets.

Other smaller assets can be thrown in.

If Edmonton didn't need D so, so badly, it wouldn't be as valuable a return.

Edmonton could gamble on equal swap for Shea Weber, on risk that what you hear he wants to head home is true, and Edmonton is close enough. But that's a hell of a gamble, if he wants Vancouver, or holds out for highest possible $$$.

No, my offer sends Edmonton great value and most bodies.
It horribly drains them of offense, which they can painfully get by without, but more than makes up for it by resurrecting their D.

More value spread over multiple bodies.
The Sauer factor should not be ignored. Whoever you say is best D in the league, he is one body. Girardi + Sauer holds down 2 positions 20+ min nightly = value.

------------

Martinez.
Have to get the skinny from Zenith.
It is my understanding he is good defensively --- good enough to stick around on Kings deep D --- and most importantly would be a complete package, able to handle the point on PP. An investment we retain, not a one shot rental, adds to our D depth, solves our other glaring problem besides sniper preferably at LW is woth any kind of reasonable return his talent commands.

Thomas COULD be an elite sniper. He COULD be the next Martin St. Louis.
But best case scenario, he'll still need 2ish years min of protein shakes to stick when he gets to NHL, and is it certain he cracks Rangers next year.

Kings are bubbling over down the moddle, but are crying for Ws. He'd have a faster track to NHL there.
Thomas + his potential for Martinez now is a win-win ok for Kings since they have more than enough D now.

Tried to add 2 lesser picks for kings 3rd, which was ok in principle, but not certain they have a 3rd.

Got to kings forum, see thread valueof Anisimov to Kings (not suggesting trade, just looking at his return value).

yeah, Martinez for Thomas = no brainer IMO

Old
01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
The Devils could be in trouble with Parise though... looks like they're trying to get him traded.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamRotter/st...45206285733888

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...Ny9EQBuGyjZ4cL
Any chance the $$$ issues you raised could lead to a deal for Larsson?
Don't think so, and not to the hated division rival Rangers. But still have to ask.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
We could definitely acquire Parise if this is true. If we do expect us to pay a handsome premium to what the Wild for example would pay since we are a rival.

If its prospects & picks we'd likely need to pony up:

Anisimov OR Kreider, 2 1sts at absolute minimum.
No on moving Kreider for Parise who was only a busted knee a year ago. Glad he's recovered, but no, risk is too great.

Would consider other moves for Parise/Larsson

Old
01-21-2012, 02:57 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Any chance the $$$ issues you raised could lead to a deal for Larsson?
Don't think so, and not to the hated division rival Rangers. But still have to ask.
Doubtful. Larson is young and cheap. Parise is about to cash in on THE contract of his career.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Kershaw

If Parise does want to come to NY, I would easily trade Gaborik to the West to make room for him. Parise is a much better player than Gaborik.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
If Parise does want to come to NY, I would easily trade Gaborik to the West to make room for him. Parise is a much better player than Gaborik.
No way. Much rather have both players to compliment the first two lines.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
No way. Much rather have both players to compliment the first two lines.
Yeah, we'd have a heck of a team with the two of them playing together in 12-13 and 13-14.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I really don't see Parise as an option for us. I see another Sather reclamation project on the horizon. Maybe Mason Raymond or Michael Frolik.

Closed Thread