HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2012, 08:43 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Who is going to create those opportunities for him to score? Is Carter the type of player that can create chances on his own? Or is he at the very least smart enough to be in the correct position (like Gaborik)?
Yes. He goes to the areas where you score goals on a regular basis.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Why not offer something like staal , mza , bourqu and a 2nd next year for weber

Then dubi AA boyle Thomas and a 1st for Ryan

Those two right there fixes all of our problems . Then we all can meet up in June in the city with thousand pounds of ticket tape filling from the sky's lol .

I know other things need to be moved around for cap issues but you work on the deals first .
Dubinsky AND Anisimov? AND Boyle? AND Thomas AND a 1st??

Not saying value wise it's off, but there's no way were giving two of our top 6 forwards for one.

Dubinsky's not going anywhere.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yes. He goes to the areas where you score goals on a regular basis.
Just was wondering if you guys think there's a difference between a guy who can score goals, versus a goal-scorer.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Personally, I'm still interested in Michael Frolik. Apparently he could be had cheaply. Good speed, plays both ends of the ice, and has proven he can score at this level. Could be a Loui Eriksson type under the right circumstances.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Personally, I'm still interested in Michael Frolik. Apparently he could be had cheaply. Good speed, plays both ends of the ice, and has proven he can score at this level. Could be a Loui Eriksson type under the right circumstances.
Cheap, I would bet.

They are a half step away from waiving him and sending him down if he clears.

I'd like to have a Czech on this team though, haven't been able to break out the 06' olympic jersey in awhile.

01-26-2012, 10:56 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

What is the deal with Frolik? He had a pretty subpar year last year and is doing even worse this year. I know he has the jets, and last I checked CHI had him playing good defense, but where the hell did his scoring touch go? Is he just buried under the top 6 depth the Hawks have?

Old
01-26-2012, 11:01 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
What is the deal with Frolik? He had a pretty subpar year last year and is doing even worse this year. I know he has the jets, and last I checked CHI had him playing good defense, but where the hell did his scoring touch go? Is he just buried under the top 6 depth the Hawks have?
He plays bottom six minutes, and rarely gets PP time. They have 4 first line caliber forwards.

I like Frolik, he might be an affordable acquisition. Not sure why the Hawks would deal him, though. He's nice to have if one of the big guns goes down in the playoffs.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
He plays bottom six minutes, and rarely gets PP time. They have 4 first line caliber forwards.

I like Frolik, he might be an affordable acquisition. Not sure why the Hawks would deal him, though. He's nice to have if one of the big guns goes down in the playoffs.
or if one goes down now, like Toews.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Richards isn't past his prime. He's in the back end of it. Prime years are usually around 25-32/33.

The best all-around player in the NHL is easily Pavel Datsyuk, but if you ask me who the best player in the world right now is, it's gotta be Evgeni Malkin. No one can stop him right now.

He's also one of the biggest ******** in the league on that note.

Give me Stamkos, because this kid is going to be the best player in the league soon.
Agree. Datsyuk is the best defensive forward I've ever seen and is a tremendous all around player but Malkin, when motivated, is the best player in the league. We could only dream about having the best finisher in the league in Stamkos.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
No faith in Frolik at all.

Seems to be one of those players that has benefitted from playing with much better players as the team had no other options.

The players he was playing with in Florida have all gone on to have similar or better seasons with the exception of Booth due to the concussion issue.

Once removed from a role of importance, he's pretty much become waiver fodder.

Wouldn't want him on the Rangers

Old
01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

True, but they also have some other guys who stepped up big time and have pushed Frolik down the depth chart. Hayes, Shaw, and Stralberg have all played well. Pirri has done well in the AHL and is a potential call up. Brunette is there as well. Frolik just doesn't seem to be a fit in their lineup.

Hawks fans seem to see him as a viable trading piece. If we can't give them the piece they want, perhaps we can play the cap space card and take him for picks and/or prospects so they have room to make another deal. He's a 200ft player, can kill penalties, and plays either wing. Put up back to back 20 goal campaigns in Florida when he was getting bigger minutes. While his contract is for 2 more years after this one, his cap hit is where it's manageable if he fizzles out or could be a hell of a bargain if he can reach the potential he has.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:25 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
True, but they also have some other guys who stepped up big time and have pushed Frolik down the depth chart. Hayes, Shaw, and Stralberg have all played well. Pirri has done well in the AHL and is a potential call up. Brunette is there as well. Frolik just doesn't seem to be a fit in their lineup.

Hawks fans seem to see him as a viable trading piece. If we can't give them the piece they want, perhaps we can play the cap space card and take him for picks and/or prospects so they have room to make another deal. He's a 200ft player, can kill penalties, and plays either wing. Put up back to back 20 goal campaigns in Florida when he was getting bigger minutes. While his contract is for 2 more years after this one, his cap hit is where it's manageable if he fizzles out or could be a hell of a bargain if he can reach the potential he has.
I think he has more talent than any of those players, but yeah, they are probably better compliments for the talent the Hawks already boast. I don't need to be convinced, I like him and would welcome him to the Rangers. The team needs goalscoring ability, but it also needs more creators, and on this team, perhaps Frolik could get back to doing that. As long as the price is right. The Blackhawks gave up very little to get Frolik. Technically, his value has only decreased at this point, since his numbers have remained down.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
I think he has more talent than any of those players, but yeah, they are probably better compliments for the talent the Hawks already boast. I don't need to be convinced, I like him and would welcome him to the Rangers. The team needs goalscoring ability, but it also needs more creators, and on this team, perhaps Frolik could get back to doing that. As long as the price is right. The Blackhawks gave up very little to get Frolik. Technically, his value has only decreased at this point, since his numbers have remained down.
True, he has more natural talent, but I'm not sure that's the right team for him to cultivate it.

I'm not sure how I went from "Yeah, you get it!" to "I need to convince you more" in that last post. One of those days I suppose.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Pizza

Carter....LOL

Jeff Carter? Fer #### sakes! Amazing. Really amazing.

A guy that was frog marched from one franchise and is being shopped by another. And a Vesuvius sized contract to go along with it all.

If that happens I will literally eat my hat. Cut it up in small pieces put some butter on 'em and down it.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:00 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Carter....LOL

Jeff Carter? Fer #### sakes! Amazing. Really amazing.

A guy that was frog marched from one franchise and is being shopped by another. And a Vesuvius sized contract to go along with it all.

If that happens I will literally eat my hat. Cut it up in small pieces put some butter on 'em and down it.
Yes, Jeff Carter.

The guy that averages 30 goals a year.

The guy that signed a sweet heart of a contract providing the team with a cap hit of just 5.3 million per season.

The guy that got royally screwed by the flyers when they traded him before his NTC kicked in and sent to Columbus. A horrible team and a horrible fit. There was no way that Carter and Nash were going to mesh. They are both shooters. The situation for Carter in Columbus could not have been worse.

The we take into consideration the serious "F&#k You" motivating factor that he would have should he end up in a Rangers sweater.

I don't see the downside.

Locker room is solid so he would conform.

Team structure is solid so it's totally not like Columbus.

Future is as bright here as it is anywhere so the continued motivation of winning a Cup will be there.

I personally do not see the downside.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Yes, Jeff Carter.

The guy that signed a sweet heart of a contract providing the team with a cap hit of just 5.3 million per season.

The guy that got royally screwed by the flyers when they traded him before his NTC kicked in and sent to Columbus. A horrible team and a horrible fit. There was no way that Carter and Nash were going to mesh. They are both shooters. The situation for Carter in Columbus could not have been worse.

The we take into consideration the serious "F&#k You" motivating factor that he would have should he end up in a Rangers sweater.

Future is as bright here as it is anywhere so the continued motivation of winning a Cup will be there.

Yes, the sweetheart of a contract that is a decade long.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Yes, the sweetheart of a contract that is a decade long.
and Richards deal is any less?

And Richards is 4 years older.

Double Standard much?

Old
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Esa 10

Frolik is interesting. He's listed as a RW, wonder if he could make a switch to the left. The price is key, but it seems like his value should be at its lowest. He was a scratch in Chicago's last game despite Towes and Sharp being out through injury. A low risk, high reward former high draft pick reclamation Sather special? Too bad the Hawks would have no interest in taking Wolski back for him.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

Double Standard much?
Double Standard? What????? You don't just throw on board another 10 year 5+ cap hit on your team because you have others. We need to re-sign players in a few years, such as Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, LUNDQVIST, and Girardi. As well as RFA's like DZ this off-season and McDonagh and Stepan in the near future.

But hey, lets just throw another 5.3 mil on our cap for the next ten years...

Old
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:

Double Standard much?
We already have one long term contract. No need for another.

Plus, Richards is a better player and filled a strong need this past offseason. Sure, Carter is a good goal scorer, but he would come with another big contract and one I don't want with key guys coming up for new contracts soon.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Burke spoke to a group of business students in Toronto about his relationships with other GMs. He is helping the author promote a book about the life of a NHL GM.

Quote:
“We traded — I want to say in 2005 — Sandis Ozolinsh to the New York Rangers at the deadline for, I think, a third-round pick. And he was battling alcohol issues. He’d been sober with us, stayed sober with the Rangers and then, the night after they were eliminated in the playoffs, he was arrested on a DUI in Westchester County. Glen Sather, was the GM in New York, called me. He said, ‘I thought you said this kid was sober.’ I said, ‘Well, he was here, he was in counseling.’ And then, it turns out the kid’s got microfractures in his knee, and he needs surgery. Well, we didn’t know about the microfractures, but Slats sends me a bill for $65,000 for the surgery from this doctor in Vail. I sent it back to him. I said, ‘I’m not paying this. I didn’t know he was hurt.’”

Burke skipped ahead to 2009, when the Leafs acquired defenceman Erik Reitz from the Sather and the Rangers.

“We knew he was injured, but Slats said, ‘he’s in a walking cast, he’s fine.’ And so, he gets off the plane and he’s got a fractured tibia and he’s about 24 pounds overweight because he hasn’t been able to skate. We owed him about $50,000 in salary for the rest of the year. So I called Slats, I said, ‘walking cast my ass, this guy’s a cripple and he’s fat.’”

The crowd laughed.

“Slats said, ‘put him on a plane.’ He was going to take him back, to honour his word. I said, ‘you know what? You’re going to find out that there is some honour in the game. You think I owe you $60,000 from earlier, you’re going to collect it now. We’re going to keep the kid. And Erik Reitz is actually a good kid. It wasn’t his fault. So there is some honour in the game — but I still took [Sather] for $20,000 on the differential.”
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...medium=twitter

Funny stuff.

The Ozo trade was in 2006. One of the very few times in the post 2004-05 lockout world Sather took on term. Ozo missed most of 06-07 with the knee injury. Counted against the cap. The Rangers weren't near or at the upper limit to put him on long term IR.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Frolik is interesting. He's listed as a RW, wonder if he could make a switch to the left. The price is key, but it seems like his value should be at its lowest. He was a scratch in Chicago's last game despite Towes and Sharp being out through injury. A low risk, high reward former high draft pick reclamation Sather special? Too bad the Hawks would have no interest in taking Wolski back for him.
He can play either side, but I believe RW is his preference. Wouldn't be so bad to have Cally on the LW since he's played there before. His contract is low enough that we could probably fit him in by waiving EC and/or Woywitka, or just waive Wolski if necessary.

I dunno, I've just been kicking it around in my head recently. He's a good kid and seems like he would fit in well with the core we have in place. If he can get his development back on track he'd be a great long-term option as well.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Frolik is interesting. I'd inquire about him if I was Sather.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Yes, Jeff Carter.

Besides the ridiculous length of his contract, the fact you (like most) are falling in love with his goal totals which are trending downward, and the issue that hes not a terribly effective or efficient player outside of those goals - yea, definitely no downside.

Then theres the work ethic and off the ice issues. But yea, no downside....other than all those things.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

What are the opinions regarding the impending CBA expiration and any impact that might/could/should have on making a major move to get a Cup NOW?

What if we come close, realize we were one piece short, and then there is a lockout?

I am admittedly not savvy enough regarding personnel available, contracts etc to have an intelligent viewpoint on this, so I am asking.

How big is the threat of the lockout? Does the NHLPA's dismissal of the realignment tell us anything about that?

And if a lockout is a real possibility, does that force Sather's hand more than it would in more normal circumstances? And what would you want?

I think if a lockout were a foregone conclusion, I might be willing to trade some key pieces fora short term shot. Who knows what the league will look like post lockout. Then again, as I've stated, I don't know enough, accept that we could use a bit more scoring, and a better PP.