HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2012, 08:43 AM
  #901
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Who is going to create those opportunities for him to score? Is Carter the type of player that can create chances on his own? Or is he at the very least smart enough to be in the correct position (like Gaborik)?
Yes. He goes to the areas where you score goals on a regular basis.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
  #902
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Why not offer something like staal , mza , bourqu and a 2nd next year for weber

Then dubi AA boyle Thomas and a 1st for Ryan

Those two right there fixes all of our problems . Then we all can meet up in June in the city with thousand pounds of ticket tape filling from the sky's lol .

I know other things need to be moved around for cap issues but you work on the deals first .
Dubinsky AND Anisimov? AND Boyle? AND Thomas AND a 1st??

Not saying value wise it's off, but there's no way were giving two of our top 6 forwards for one.

Dubinsky's not going anywhere.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
  #903
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yes. He goes to the areas where you score goals on a regular basis.
Just was wondering if you guys think there's a difference between a guy who can score goals, versus a goal-scorer.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
  #904
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,434
vCash: 500
Personally, I'm still interested in Michael Frolik. Apparently he could be had cheaply. Good speed, plays both ends of the ice, and has proven he can score at this level. Could be a Loui Eriksson type under the right circumstances.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 10:54 AM
  #905
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Personally, I'm still interested in Michael Frolik. Apparently he could be had cheaply. Good speed, plays both ends of the ice, and has proven he can score at this level. Could be a Loui Eriksson type under the right circumstances.
Cheap, I would bet.

They are a half step away from waiving him and sending him down if he clears.

I'd like to have a Czech on this team though, haven't been able to break out the 06' olympic jersey in awhile.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 10:56 AM
  #906
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,688
vCash: 500
What is the deal with Frolik? He had a pretty subpar year last year and is doing even worse this year. I know he has the jets, and last I checked CHI had him playing good defense, but where the hell did his scoring touch go? Is he just buried under the top 6 depth the Hawks have?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:01 AM
  #907
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
What is the deal with Frolik? He had a pretty subpar year last year and is doing even worse this year. I know he has the jets, and last I checked CHI had him playing good defense, but where the hell did his scoring touch go? Is he just buried under the top 6 depth the Hawks have?
He plays bottom six minutes, and rarely gets PP time. They have 4 first line caliber forwards.

I like Frolik, he might be an affordable acquisition. Not sure why the Hawks would deal him, though. He's nice to have if one of the big guns goes down in the playoffs.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
  #908
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
He plays bottom six minutes, and rarely gets PP time. They have 4 first line caliber forwards.

I like Frolik, he might be an affordable acquisition. Not sure why the Hawks would deal him, though. He's nice to have if one of the big guns goes down in the playoffs.
or if one goes down now, like Toews.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:12 AM
  #909
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Richards isn't past his prime. He's in the back end of it. Prime years are usually around 25-32/33.

The best all-around player in the NHL is easily Pavel Datsyuk, but if you ask me who the best player in the world right now is, it's gotta be Evgeni Malkin. No one can stop him right now.

He's also one of the biggest ******** in the league on that note.

Give me Stamkos, because this kid is going to be the best player in the league soon.
Agree. Datsyuk is the best defensive forward I've ever seen and is a tremendous all around player but Malkin, when motivated, is the best player in the league. We could only dream about having the best finisher in the league in Stamkos.

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
  #910
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,165
vCash: 873
No faith in Frolik at all.

Seems to be one of those players that has benefitted from playing with much better players as the team had no other options.

The players he was playing with in Florida have all gone on to have similar or better seasons with the exception of Booth due to the concussion issue.

Once removed from a role of importance, he's pretty much become waiver fodder.

Wouldn't want him on the Rangers

pld459666 is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
  #911
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
He plays bottom six minutes, and rarely gets PP time. They have 4 first line caliber forwards.

I like Frolik, he might be an affordable acquisition. Not sure why the Hawks would deal him, though. He's nice to have if one of the big guns goes down in the playoffs.
True, but they also have some other guys who stepped up big time and have pushed Frolik down the depth chart. Hayes, Shaw, and Stralberg have all played well. Pirri has done well in the AHL and is a potential call up. Brunette is there as well. Frolik just doesn't seem to be a fit in their lineup.

Hawks fans seem to see him as a viable trading piece. If we can't give them the piece they want, perhaps we can play the cap space card and take him for picks and/or prospects so they have room to make another deal. He's a 200ft player, can kill penalties, and plays either wing. Put up back to back 20 goal campaigns in Florida when he was getting bigger minutes. While his contract is for 2 more years after this one, his cap hit is where it's manageable if he fizzles out or could be a hell of a bargain if he can reach the potential he has.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:25 AM
  #912
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
True, but they also have some other guys who stepped up big time and have pushed Frolik down the depth chart. Hayes, Shaw, and Stralberg have all played well. Pirri has done well in the AHL and is a potential call up. Brunette is there as well. Frolik just doesn't seem to be a fit in their lineup.

Hawks fans seem to see him as a viable trading piece. If we can't give them the piece they want, perhaps we can play the cap space card and take him for picks and/or prospects so they have room to make another deal. He's a 200ft player, can kill penalties, and plays either wing. Put up back to back 20 goal campaigns in Florida when he was getting bigger minutes. While his contract is for 2 more years after this one, his cap hit is where it's manageable if he fizzles out or could be a hell of a bargain if he can reach the potential he has.
I think he has more talent than any of those players, but yeah, they are probably better compliments for the talent the Hawks already boast. I don't need to be convinced, I like him and would welcome him to the Rangers. The team needs goalscoring ability, but it also needs more creators, and on this team, perhaps Frolik could get back to doing that. As long as the price is right. The Blackhawks gave up very little to get Frolik. Technically, his value has only decreased at this point, since his numbers have remained down.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:29 AM
  #913
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I think he has more talent than any of those players, but yeah, they are probably better compliments for the talent the Hawks already boast. I don't need to be convinced, I like him and would welcome him to the Rangers. The team needs goalscoring ability, but it also needs more creators, and on this team, perhaps Frolik could get back to doing that. As long as the price is right. The Blackhawks gave up very little to get Frolik. Technically, his value has only decreased at this point, since his numbers have remained down.
True, he has more natural talent, but I'm not sure that's the right team for him to cultivate it.

I'm not sure how I went from "Yeah, you get it!" to "I need to convince you more" in that last post. One of those days I suppose.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:32 AM
  #914
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,923
vCash: 500
Carter....LOL

Jeff Carter? Fer #### sakes! Amazing. Really amazing.

A guy that was frog marched from one franchise and is being shopped by another. And a Vesuvius sized contract to go along with it all.

If that happens I will literally eat my hat. Cut it up in small pieces put some butter on 'em and down it.

Pizza is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:00 PM
  #915
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,165
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Carter....LOL

Jeff Carter? Fer #### sakes! Amazing. Really amazing.

A guy that was frog marched from one franchise and is being shopped by another. And a Vesuvius sized contract to go along with it all.

If that happens I will literally eat my hat. Cut it up in small pieces put some butter on 'em and down it.
Yes, Jeff Carter.

The guy that averages 30 goals a year.

The guy that signed a sweet heart of a contract providing the team with a cap hit of just 5.3 million per season.

The guy that got royally screwed by the flyers when they traded him before his NTC kicked in and sent to Columbus. A horrible team and a horrible fit. There was no way that Carter and Nash were going to mesh. They are both shooters. The situation for Carter in Columbus could not have been worse.

The we take into consideration the serious "F&#k You" motivating factor that he would have should he end up in a Rangers sweater.

I don't see the downside.

Locker room is solid so he would conform.

Team structure is solid so it's totally not like Columbus.

Future is as bright here as it is anywhere so the continued motivation of winning a Cup will be there.

I personally do not see the downside.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
  #916
IBleedNYRBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedNYRBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Yes, Jeff Carter.

The guy that averages 30 goals a year.

The guy that signed a sweet heart of a contract providing the team with a cap hit of just 5.3 million per season.

The guy that got royally screwed by the flyers when they traded him before his NTC kicked in and sent to Columbus. A horrible team and a horrible fit. There was no way that Carter and Nash were going to mesh. They are both shooters. The situation for Carter in Columbus could not have been worse.

The we take into consideration the serious "F&#k You" motivating factor that he would have should he end up in a Rangers sweater.

I don't see the downside.

Locker room is solid so he would conform.

Team structure is solid so it's totally not like Columbus.

Future is as bright here as it is anywhere so the continued motivation of winning a Cup will be there.

I personally do not see the downside.
Yes, the sweetheart of a contract that is a decade long.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
  #917
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,165
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Yes, the sweetheart of a contract that is a decade long.
and Richards deal is any less?

And Richards is 4 years older.

Double Standard much?

pld459666 is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
  #918
Esa 10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Frolik is interesting. He's listed as a RW, wonder if he could make a switch to the left. The price is key, but it seems like his value should be at its lowest. He was a scratch in Chicago's last game despite Towes and Sharp being out through injury. A low risk, high reward former high draft pick reclamation Sather special? Too bad the Hawks would have no interest in taking Wolski back for him.

Esa 10 is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
  #919
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
and Richards deal is any less?

And Richards is 4 years older.

Double Standard much?
Double Standard? What????? You don't just throw on board another 10 year 5+ cap hit on your team because you have others. We need to re-sign players in a few years, such as Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, LUNDQVIST, and Girardi. As well as RFA's like DZ this off-season and McDonagh and Stepan in the near future.

But hey, lets just throw another 5.3 mil on our cap for the next ten years...

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
  #920
IBleedNYRBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedNYRBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
and Richards deal is any less?

And Richards is 4 years older.

Double Standard much?
We already have one long term contract. No need for another.

Plus, Richards is a better player and filled a strong need this past offseason. Sure, Carter is a good goal scorer, but he would come with another big contract and one I don't want with key guys coming up for new contracts soon.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:14 PM
  #921
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,746
vCash: 500
Burke spoke to a group of business students in Toronto about his relationships with other GMs. He is helping the author promote a book about the life of a NHL GM.

Quote:
“We traded — I want to say in 2005 — Sandis Ozolinsh to the New York Rangers at the deadline for, I think, a third-round pick. And he was battling alcohol issues. He’d been sober with us, stayed sober with the Rangers and then, the night after they were eliminated in the playoffs, he was arrested on a DUI in Westchester County. Glen Sather, was the GM in New York, called me. He said, ‘I thought you said this kid was sober.’ I said, ‘Well, he was here, he was in counseling.’ And then, it turns out the kid’s got microfractures in his knee, and he needs surgery. Well, we didn’t know about the microfractures, but Slats sends me a bill for $65,000 for the surgery from this doctor in Vail. I sent it back to him. I said, ‘I’m not paying this. I didn’t know he was hurt.’”

Burke skipped ahead to 2009, when the Leafs acquired defenceman Erik Reitz from the Sather and the Rangers.

“We knew he was injured, but Slats said, ‘he’s in a walking cast, he’s fine.’ And so, he gets off the plane and he’s got a fractured tibia and he’s about 24 pounds overweight because he hasn’t been able to skate. We owed him about $50,000 in salary for the rest of the year. So I called Slats, I said, ‘walking cast my ass, this guy’s a cripple and he’s fat.’”

The crowd laughed.

“Slats said, ‘put him on a plane.’ He was going to take him back, to honour his word. I said, ‘you know what? You’re going to find out that there is some honour in the game. You think I owe you $60,000 from earlier, you’re going to collect it now. We’re going to keep the kid. And Erik Reitz is actually a good kid. It wasn’t his fault. So there is some honour in the game — but I still took [Sather] for $20,000 on the differential.”
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...medium=twitter

Funny stuff.

The Ozo trade was in 2006. One of the very few times in the post 2004-05 lockout world Sather took on term. Ozo missed most of 06-07 with the knee injury. Counted against the cap. The Rangers weren't near or at the upper limit to put him on long term IR.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:20 PM
  #922
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Frolik is interesting. He's listed as a RW, wonder if he could make a switch to the left. The price is key, but it seems like his value should be at its lowest. He was a scratch in Chicago's last game despite Towes and Sharp being out through injury. A low risk, high reward former high draft pick reclamation Sather special? Too bad the Hawks would have no interest in taking Wolski back for him.
He can play either side, but I believe RW is his preference. Wouldn't be so bad to have Cally on the LW since he's played there before. His contract is low enough that we could probably fit him in by waiving EC and/or Woywitka, or just waive Wolski if necessary.

I dunno, I've just been kicking it around in my head recently. He's a good kid and seems like he would fit in well with the core we have in place. If he can get his development back on track he'd be a great long-term option as well.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
  #923
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Frolik is interesting. I'd inquire about him if I was Sather.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
  #924
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Yes, Jeff Carter.

The guy that averages 30 goals a year.

The guy that signed a sweet heart of a contract providing the team with a cap hit of just 5.3 million per season.

The guy that got royally screwed by the flyers when they traded him before his NTC kicked in and sent to Columbus. A horrible team and a horrible fit. There was no way that Carter and Nash were going to mesh. They are both shooters. The situation for Carter in Columbus could not have been worse.

The we take into consideration the serious "F&#k You" motivating factor that he would have should he end up in a Rangers sweater.

I don't see the downside.

Locker room is solid so he would conform.

Team structure is solid so it's totally not like Columbus.

Future is as bright here as it is anywhere so the continued motivation of winning a Cup will be there.

I personally do not see the downside.
Besides the ridiculous length of his contract, the fact you (like most) are falling in love with his goal totals which are trending downward, and the issue that hes not a terribly effective or efficient player outside of those goals - yea, definitely no downside.

Then theres the work ethic and off the ice issues. But yea, no downside....other than all those things.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 12:26 PM
  #925
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
What are the opinions regarding the impending CBA expiration and any impact that might/could/should have on making a major move to get a Cup NOW?

What if we come close, realize we were one piece short, and then there is a lockout?

I am admittedly not savvy enough regarding personnel available, contracts etc to have an intelligent viewpoint on this, so I am asking.

How big is the threat of the lockout? Does the NHLPA's dismissal of the realignment tell us anything about that?

And if a lockout is a real possibility, does that force Sather's hand more than it would in more normal circumstances? And what would you want?

I think if a lockout were a foregone conclusion, I might be willing to trade some key pieces fora short term shot. Who knows what the league will look like post lockout. Then again, as I've stated, I don't know enough, accept that we could use a bit more scoring, and a better PP.

__________________
WIN NOW
Blueshirt Special is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.