HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Hell yes to Morrow

Old
01-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Everyone here wants Shane Doan but people question Morrow? My God, he's the same player...just a few years younger. If he's available at anything resembling a reasonable price, you make the deal.
I think the question on Morrow is more due to his remaining year on his contract. If he was a UFA, I'd be 100% for it.

Old
01-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Hell yes to Morrow
Always been a fan. Id move Anisimov Thomas 1st for Morrow Fristic and Burish??

Old
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Always been a fan. Id move Anisimov Thomas 1st for Morrow Fristic and Burish??
Your not serious, are you? I don't know much about Fristic, but that is WAY too much for Burish and Morrow.

Do remember Morrow is at the tail end of his career, has just 22pts this season and is signed for another year at $4.1 million. Don't really see the need for Burish, I'd rather have Moen or Gaustad.

Old
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Your not serious, are you? I don't know much about Fristic, but that is WAY too much for Burish and Morrow.

Do remember Morrow is at the tail end of his career, has just 22pts this season and is signed for another year at $4.1 million. Don't really see the need for Burish, I'd rather have Moen or Gaustad.
Have you seen his proposals lately? I think he's pretty serious.

EDIT: Best part is we wouldnt deal Anisimov for Brad Richards last year but we're gonna deal him for Morrow. :

Old
01-26-2012, 07:36 PM
bmw2004

I just don't think Sather will give up first round pick and a good prospect for the rental this year. Anything like Zuch, Thomas, Wolski, Christensen and a second will be on the table. Selanne is my choice.

Old
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Have you seen his proposals lately? I think he's pretty serious.

EDIT: Best part is we wouldnt deal Anisimov for Brad Richards last year but we're gonna deal him for Morrow. :
What's even more funny is that people have been proposing AA, Thomas, and a 1st for Ryan on here (which isn't evough for Ryan).

Hmm Ryan for that package or Morrow and some scraps...tough choice... Lol

Old
01-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Vitto79

Errr call me nuts but with another yr on the contract I deal arty for morrow. ...... But yea need a young guy back as well. Package deal

Old
01-26-2012, 07:53 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Errr call me nuts but with another yr on the contract I deal arty for morrow. ...... But yea need a young guy back as well. Package deal
Your nuts. LOL

Old
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
What are you guys smoking tonight? Have you guys watched any Dallas games recently? I've caught a few and he has not looked good to me. Not good asset management. If your going to trade AA, you package him with other assets for an UPGRADE. Not someone at the end of their career.

Old
01-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
What are you guys smoking tonight? Have you guys watched any Dallas games recently? I've caught a few and he has not looked good to me. Not good asset management. If your going to trade AA, you package him with other assets for an UPGRADE. Not someone at the end of their career.
Alright but I can see arty for a lw signed for next yr or more. Oh and crack,lol

Old
01-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Esa 10

The $4m owed Morrow next year would take NYR out of the running for any meaningful FA this summer. The same is true of course for any player with a similar cap hit or higher next year. So no Parise, Suter, etc. unless someone like Dubi is then moved in the summer. Something to really weigh beside the price in assets Dallas would want for Morrow.

I still don't understand the fascination with guys like Sarich and Fistric. This team has enough defensive D, one may say too many. Girardi, Staal, McD, Sauer, Eminger. Sarich is a frequent healthy scratch who plays ~13 minutes a night on a mediocre, to put it nicely group in Calgary. Neither he nor Fistric nor Gill is displacing any of the 5 defensive D here. NYR need more offensive D. Even though it's not in the name, your defense has to contribute to creating offense. Hard to score much with just MDZ and Stralman, who may not even make the line-up if everyone's healthy. What if MDZ goes down for any length of time? The only D under consideration should be capable of providing offense.

Old
01-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Fantasy, pure fantasy.

You want to give up assets to assume Jeff Carter's contract that runs through 2022.

There is it, in black and white - and its INSANE.
Brad Richards contract ends in 2020...he will be older than Carter will be when his contract ends. Richards has a NMC, Carter doesnt.

Carters contract is better than Richards...by a lot.

And Richards has helped to turn us into the best team in the NHL (points/game)

Old
01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Brad Richards contract ends in 2020...he will be older than Carter will be when his contract ends. Richards has a NMC, Carter doesnt.

Show me Carter's Stanley Cup ring, his Conn Smythe, his reputation as a consumate professional and strong relationship with the current coach.

Most importantly, show me the organizational assets we needed to trade to get Richards.

Thats without getting into how Richards is a better hockey player.

Old
01-26-2012, 09:38 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:

Again, just because we gave Richards that type of contract doesn't mean we just go out there and take on Carters.

One long term contract is enough!

Old
01-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
The $4m owed Morrow next year would take NYR out of the running for any meaningful FA this summer. The same is true of course for any player with a similar cap hit or higher next year. So no Parise, Suter, etc. unless someone like Dubi is then moved in the summer. Something to really weigh beside the price in assets Dallas would want for Morrow.

I still don't understand the fascination with guys like Sarich and Fistric. This team has enough defensive D, one may say too many. Girardi, Staal, McD, Sauer, Eminger. Sarich is a frequent healthy scratch who plays ~13 minutes a night on a mediocre, to put it nicely group in Calgary. Neither he nor Fistric nor Gill is displacing any of the 5 defensive D here. NYR need more offensive D. Even though it's not in the name, your defense has to contribute to creating offense. Hard to score much with just MDZ and Stralman, who may not even make the line-up if everyone's healthy. What if MDZ goes down for any length of time? The only D under consideration should be capable of providing offense.
When everyone is healthy they dont need to bother with a Dman but if Sauer is out then they need a rental vet , RD that can help the PP ideally

as for taking themselves out of any UFA options well it may be a blessing in disguise.........really Parise is the only good option but he would cost a fotune...........rather have them just let Kreider or Miller make the team........so a rental is best

Old
01-26-2012, 10:12 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
The Rangers are not trading for a player with 10 years remaining on his contract and a NTC after this year. Never, ever happening.

Nor will this team be signing Parise this summer.

With upcoming CBA uncertainty and a wealth of young, core players needing raises in the next 2 years, Sather is NOT going to handicap himself with any more gigantic commitments.

Richards was the one big fish that we needed in free agency. We will make a minor tweak or two at the deadline, but any major "asset for asset" deal will happen at the draft or in the off-season. Those deals DO NOT happen in the middle of a season when your team is in first place. The last thing a GM wants to do is mess with the chemistry of a winning team during the season.

You may disagree, and you have the right to do so, but Torts and Slats have a plan that they've laid out and are sticking to. They are not making a major deal to shake up a 1st place team, not during the season.

Forget Carter. Forget Ryan. Forget Weber.

Focus on rentals, players with no term past this year.

Those are the players the Rangers are looking at.
As I've said, I'm 60%/40% on the Carter idea and about 398% in favor of Ryan, but I think Draft Guru is dead on here.

There may have been a window in November where we were looking at more meaningful deals (Ryan in particular), but 2 months later and after passing the test against the Bruins, I think odds are very slim on acquiring a major asset - unless we can somehow finagle a deal around futures, which is highly unlikely.

At this point I think we're looking at no more than tweaks until the offseason at the earliest. Of course, a lot can change in a month with injuries, major losing streaks, etc., but I doubt we'll see anything dramatic between now and the deadline.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 01-26-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old
01-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Again, just because we gave Richards that type of contract doesn't mean we just go out there and take on Carters.

One long term contract is enough!
why exactly?

these are the New York Rangers. If a contract fails, we find a way to get rid of it.

the contract doesnt scare me whatsoever

Old
01-26-2012, 10:27 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
why exactly?

these are the New York Rangers. If a contract fails, we find a way to get rid of it.

the contract doesnt scare me whatsoever
Not every GM is Bob Gainey.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Not every GM is Bob Gainey.
we got rid of redden, and drury w/o any other GM's involvement. as long as you guys shell out the prices you do for Tix, we will be able to bury any contract we have to.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
we got rid of redden, and drury w/o any other GM's involvement. as long as you guys shell out the prices you do for Tix, we will be able to bury any contract we have to.
Right, but a demotion in some cases leads to corruption among the players of the AHL farm team.

Redden has been a true professional about it, but Patrick Rismiller was setting a bad example in Hartford (Heard this from another poster in another thread).

Old
01-26-2012, 10:58 PM
OverTheCap

The new CBA may limit the ability to bury contracts in the AHL without counting against the cap. The Rangers should no longer assume they can dump bad contracts in the minors without consequence until the new CBA is negotiated.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:06 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Why not offer something like staal , mza , bourqu and a 2nd next year for weber

Then dubi AA boyle Thomas and a 1st for Ryan

Those two right there fixes all of our problems . Then we all can meet up in June in the city with thousand pounds of ticket tape filling from the sky's lol .

I know other things need to be moved around for cap issues but you work on the deals first .
man this isnt a ****in video game. why the hell would you give up so much of our core for other players its stupid. Stall has the capacity to be just as good as Weber. AA and Dubi may not put up the points but they are winners and core players you dont just give away for some name player in Ryan (who yes i like) but not for either of those two.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:10 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Lol some Habs fans think Moen could catch a first. I love Moen, but *** lol.
thats not that far fecthed ive heard much worse in this forum. Moen is a pretty solid power forward that would be hot on the market as he can slide in a top or bottom 6 role similar to a Ruutu, if the demand is high enough than a first rounder could be given.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
thats not that far fecthed ive heard much worse in this forum. Moen is a pretty solid power forward that would be hot on the market as he can slide in a top or bottom 6 role similar to a Ruutu, if the demand is high enough than a first rounder could be given.
I bet Wings Nucks Sharks or Hawks try to trade for Moen

Closed Thread