HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 5.0 - ***"TRAID STALL!!!1111"***

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Rangerfan4life90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers scouting Washington@Carolina tonight

https://twitter.com/#!/ice_chip/stat...10688928858112
Ruutu? Knuble? Gleason?

Old
01-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
McDonagh has not gotten caught on pinches this season,made some bad turnovers or made mistakes? Did you the TB game at the Garden in December. The AA game. McDonagh turned the puck over to Ryan Malone to make it 1-1. He didn't play the Dominic Moore 2-2 goal very well. He had a bad game. It happens.

The Rangers want their D to be aggressive in pinching and breaking up plays. Staal made a bad read. It happens.

Why is it a McDonagh VS Staal issue? The Rangers are in good hands with BOTH of them.
Yes, I agree we are in good hands with both of them. Of course McDonagh and all defensemen make mistakes but the pinching in issue/problem has plagued Staal since Torts got here. McDonagh doesn't get caught because he makes better decisions on when to pinch and when to go back and he is also a tremendous skater who can transition much better than Staal.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Why does everyone on here throw around allstar like it means hall of famer.. The all star game is a useless gimmick.. Totally means ****.
Lol; you are so right like who cares who makes an all star team, duh! Ottawa has 6 players on the team and so I guess they're all elite players as well.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:11 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Ruutu? Knuble? Gleason?
Any of those would be great.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:12 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Ruutu? Knuble? Gleason?
Ovechkin!!!!!!!1111111111111111!!!!!!

Old
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Gabotrick

Quote:
The Rangers scouting Washington@Carolina tonight

https://twitter.com/#!/ice_chip/stat...10688928858112
Scouting Semin maybe for Washington, probably looking at Ruutu, Gleason, Pitaken. Hoping we don't trade for any of them Ruutu will cost way to much and will never live up to what we pay for him.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Washington is not going to sell.

I would bet my life savings that it is Ruutu.

01-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
Scouting Semin maybe for Washington, probably looking at Ruutu, Gleason, Pitaken. Hoping we don't trade for any of them Ruutu will cost way to much and will never live up to what we pay for him.
Semin would be a great fit for our top 6 but Torts would kill him with his nonchalant attitude on the ice lol.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Gabotrick

Quote:
Semin would be a great fit for our top 6 but Torts would kill him with his nonchalant attitude on the ice lol.
Yup tons of talent, but doesn't give a **** about anything or anyone, but himself

Old
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Dorado*

I know how much everyone hates him but I'd take a chance on Semin if the package didn't cost too much . I know that dig has fleas but that dog also has a laser beam of a shot and perhaps playing with a Richards a fresh start in a very Russian friendly culture of NY could crack that enigmatic code . Before any one states the stock " not a TORTS kind of guy routine , if TORTS ever wants to win anything in NY at some point he is going to have to learn that purely offensively gifted players who can shoot and finish from the slot are a necessity . As good as the NYR goaltending and D men are and can be THEY WILL HAVE BREAKDOWNS from time to time and the need to occasionally trade chances when you fall behind , open up a bit and have some offensively gifted players that can shoot and finish and take a pass in stride and score . I doubt it happens and flame on but since our only possible " stud " scorer is a raw unknown unsigned entity in Kreider maybe Semin is worth taking a chance on until CK IS here .

Old
01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I know how much everyone hates him but I'd take a chance on Semin if the package didn't cost too much . I know that dig has fleas but that dog also has a laser beam of a shot and perhaps playing with a Richards a fresh start in a very Russian friendly culture of NY could crack that enigmatic code . Before any one states the stock " not a TORTS kind of guy routine , if TORTS ever wants to win anything in NY at some point he is going to have to learn that purely offensively gifted players who can shoot and finish from the slot are a necessity . As good as the NYR goaltending and D men are and can be THEY WILL HAVE BREAKDOWNS from time to time and the need to occasionally trade chances when you fall behind , open up a bit and have some offensively gifted players that can shoot and finish and take a pass in stride and score . I doubt it happens and flame on but since our only possible " stud " scorer is a raw unknown unsigned entity in Kreider maybe Semin is worth taking a chance on until CK IS here .
The cost would be really important. If it took lets say Anisimov straight up, I'd do it.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Washington is not going to sell.

I would bet my life savings that it is Ruutu.
Agreed. Due diligence in progress.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Forgetting that Semin is a heartless, gutless, pansy.

He's also very highly paid. And thus, we wouldn't be able to fit him under the cap.

Its not a match, on literally every level, except for his ability to score.

Id rather give up the package that it would cost for Semin, on Bobby Ryan instead.

But personally, id rather not give up any big package and hold onto our top young players and continue to build our team.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
I do agree that at some point, Torts will have to swallow the bullet and get people in here that can bury the puck in the net even if they don't necessarily play within his system.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Rangerfan4life90

If we want to get a scorer while also saving our prospects Parise is the way to go since he's a FA after this season.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Ail
k.

Nine pages and that loser Stall hasn't been traited yet.

PAVEL DATSYUK IS AVAILABLE, PULL THE TRIGGER

01-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Gabotrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Nine pages and that loser Stall hasn't been traited yet.

PAVEL DATSYUK IS AVAILABLE, PULL THE TRIGGER
I wish

Old
01-20-2012, 06:46 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Why on earth would the Caps trade Semin to an Eastern Conference rival when they're in the playoff mix???

Old
01-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
give me a break,delzotto and sauer are homegrown as well as girardi in a sense,they get non of the love staal gets.So if you want to debate with a valid point then do so,if your going to reply like an ass,please dont waste my time.

And yeah hes such an all star..a one time all star..please man.He made cause he was the only steady ranger to be honest and ofcourse being a STALL helps,besides Henke ofcourse,who is steady year in and out.
Great points! It's amazing the love and excuses they make for Marc Staal.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Rangerfan4life90

I like to see someone on here come back from a 9 month concussion and see if they can get into game shape right away lol.

Old
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Smiths View Post
Any of those would be great.
Ruutu is the main target for alot of teams. Hope we get him but at the right price

Old
01-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Why on earth would the Caps trade Semin to an Eastern Conference rival when they're in the playoff mix???
He is a UFA , Mike GREEN is perhaps done for the year , they need help defensively, SEMIN although AO's BUTT boy is an enigma are reasons that come to mind . The Rangers are deep on D . These are some reasons . The Caps are trying to play a game more like the rangers under Hunter while the Rangers have a surplus of Defensively minded forwards and could use one more purely offensive player also comes to mind . IMO it won't happen but I'm just floating it out there since this is a discussion board and not a GMs meeting .

Old
01-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers get Visnovsky
Ducks get Anisimov and Wolski

Rangers get help on the powerplay

Rangers get Brandon Sutter
Canes get D Michael Sauer and Christian Thomas

Old
01-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
If Visnovsky is on the market, top tier teams like Boston will pay a huge amount to improve the powerplay. They want him as much as we do, and they have far more younger assets they can trade away to get him. Visnovsky would be absolutely perfect on both the Rangers and Bruins, he's top 3 in talent among defensemen IMO.

Chara-Visnovsky pairing would be lethal, if the Bruins get him.

Old
01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Dorado*

Brandon Sutter is going nowhere .cash poor team is keeping all it's young players especially 6'3 ones who can skate , shoot and defend . Brandon Sutter is what I hope Kreider can at least become q good fast strong 2 way player . BS is a stud who definately would fit in NY but his price tag I even considered would be as bryz would say Humangouuus

Closed Thread