HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best fit for Lupul-Kessel?

Old
01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Daniel Damphousse

vCash: 500
If we can't get a big name i.e. Getz or Staal, I'm more than ok with putting Kadri or Colborne between them next year if were to add a power forward like Clowe somehow. Baby steps.

Daniel Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 09:28 PM
SuperJayMann

I second this idea. Let's throw one of them in between, hopefully inflate their stats a bit and then trade for a legit number one... Ala John Cullen\ Kevin Stevens.

SuperJayMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 09:42 PM
goonx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiff17 View Post
Toews or Backstrom would look niceee
Toews.

He's mr. everything. Not overly physical but a whole complete package. Passing/IQ/Leadership/scoring/defense.

Add a 2nd line big body physical guy presence and we have two great lines. When the going gets tough, shuffle lupul & big body up and down the 1st and 2nd line to mix it up.

goonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 09:48 PM

I don't even think we need this all-coveted, all-star, playmaking centre -- we just need someone who's big and responsible defensively.

Kessel and Lupul do just fine on their own creating plays -- did anyone even notice Seguin was on the ice with them this afternoon? Their centre doesn't matter. He just needs to be able to make-up for Kessel's defensive-prowess -- which doesn't exist.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Doshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
I don't even think we need this all-coveted, all-star, playmaking centre -- we just need someone who's big and responsible defensively.

Kessel and Lupul do just fine on their own creating plays -- did anyone even notice Seguin was on the ice with them this afternoon? Their centre doesn't matter. He just needs to be able to make-up for Kessel's defensive-prowess -- which doesn't exist.
Steckel??

Doshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Hanzal

Lupul-Hanzal-Kessel

Not a 1st line center, but would work perfectly imo. One of the best defensive shutdown centers in the league

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jerrywally23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
Ha its funny, but other than the one move (that never would have worked in a game)Seguin looked so far behind the other two it wasnt even funny.
I want to remind to the last 2 years Seguin has been playing LW. it would probuly take Seguin a couple if NHL games to get to to being a Natural Center. Seguin has a amazing burst of speed. You Can forget about signing Seguin in 2013, he is the future of the Bruins

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post

Yes, I noticed Seguin, and he was dynamite.

I think our first line is fine for now, but if we ever want to be perennial Cup contenders, usually a #1C is a must.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:49 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
Yes, I noticed Seguin, and he was dynamite.

I think our first line is fine for now, but if we ever want to be perennial Cup contenders, usually a #1C is a must.
and a #1 Goalie too

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:13 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

From the looks of it, Seguin is the perfect fit. Now how do we get him... lol

But really, Seguin is awesome! That kid is going to be a stud for years to come in the NHL. He is Boston's franchise center.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Stu

Patrice Bergeron yes offer the earth for him.

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Wendelstache

I'd give up two 1st and a 2nd for Seguin in a heart beat.

Kid is already a superstar who plays all 3 zones.

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:59 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
Ha its funny, but other than the one move (that never would have worked in a game)Seguin looked so far behind the other two it wasnt even funny.
You realize that two of the three play on that line play together and have for about a year and the other plays for a different team. Just saying. If you can't see his talent that's unfortunate

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:04 AM
ITM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjobdave View Post
Seguin looks tentative because he's a kid at his first all star game. I was hoping he and Phil would light it up, because then there would finally be some speculation about the trade.

Best center for them is Colborne. Or Getzlaf. Or maybe it's Carter.

I actually believe a shoot first center who goes to the net is perfect with them, not a finesse guy.

That's not that far off...Kessel and Lupul generate chances on their own, and having three options that shoot first would be nightmarish never mind the second chances generated.

ITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
You realize that two of the three play on that line play together and have for about a year and the other plays for a different team. Just saying. If you can't see his talent that's unfortunate
He has lookded pretty good against the leafs in the games i have seen him (although not as good as his point total suggests). He did not look good at all in this game, save for 1 play that would have got him creamed in a real game.....Not that it matters at all, i mean its a freaking allstar game. But that being said, I think its pretty stupid posting the seguin is a fit for this line when A.) he wasnt and B.) it would be pretty much impossible for it to happen.

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:43 AM
BIitz
RIP LL

I ain't a Seguin hater, I'm a huge fan of his. But, he's not the best fit for Kessel.

First of all, he's untouchable. You could easily get a better, young player for the same price (Kane comes to mind)

Nothing about Seguin screams leadership.

Seguin isn't that amazing defensively. I know he leads the league in +-. But, he's on a line with 2 superior defensive forwards. It's one thing to be good defensively when you're with a selke finalist, it's another to be good defensively when you're relied on.

Last edited by BIitz: 01-30-2012 at 04:07 AM.
BIitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:06 AM
Myke

Sort all NHL centers by assists and work your way down until you get one.

Myke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke View Post
Sort all NHL centers by assists and work your way down until you get one.
Mr top 30, Kyle Wellwood.

Igy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 05:28 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
I ain't a Seguin hater, I'm a huge fan of his. But, he's not the best fit for Kessel.

First of all, he's untouchable. You could easily get a better, young player for the same price (Kane comes to mind)

Seguin isn't that amazing defensively. I know he leads the league in +-. But, he's on a line with 2 superior defensive forwards. It's one thing to be good defensively when you're with a selke finalist, it's another to be good defensively when you're relied on.
i love you when you make such beautiful posts.

01-30-2012, 07:51 AM
jerrywally23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Patrice Bergeron yes offer the earth for him.
Patrice Bergeron is signed till 2014 with a NMC (No Movement Clause). my Bruins have no other free agents that year, so you can forget about signing Bergeron he will remain a Bruins. A lot of Bruins Fan myself including think "Bergeron will be the captain of the Bruins once Chara retires in 2018". David Krejci who leaded the Bruins in last years playoffs 12 Goals and 11 Assist is signed untill 2015.

Patrice Bergeron (signed till 2014)
Year to date 47 15 28 43 27

David Krejci (signed till 2015)
Year to date 44 11 27 38 -1

Tyler Seguin (Signed to a entry level contract till 2013)
Year to date 46 19 24 43 34

Last edited by jerrywally23*: 01-30-2012 at 08:03 AM.
jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post

Beautiful

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

I still think Paul Stastny would be a great fit between Lupes and Kessel.

Stastny is a big cap hit, but to my knowledge he only has a year or two left. Colorado is getting a new core, maybe making him expendable.

Also Coloroado traded away their first at the start of the season, we could use out first to try and pry him out.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:08 PM
RedRenegade

Stastny has 2 years left on his deal at 6.6 million/year. He's played at around a ppg pace in 3 out of his 5 seasons in the league and would be a nice piece to add IMO

RedRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote