HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #45 @ Pittsburgh

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2012, 04:17 PM
  #101
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I did put the game on mute. Biggest homers in the league.

Also I was screaming at my TV about the slewfoot. How does Matt Cooke, the definition of a repeat offender, get away with that? And how do the Rangers not respond.
It's not so much that they're homers. Chico is a homer and he's BEARABLE. They are just so incredibly unprofessional. They sound like two twelve year old kids. Malkin did nothing but touch the puck on a play in the first before turning it over and one of them goes "OH MALKIN IS ON FIRE RIGHT NOW, HE'S JUST A BULL OUT THERE." uh, what? Then they went on about how no team in the league can outshoot the Penguins and it's just unbelievable!! Such fangirls. Then, they claim Dubinsky should've been called for a dive after Letang got away with murder, cross checking Dubi and somehow getting a power play out of it, because the RESULT OF THE ILLEGAL CROSSCHECK was Dubinsky's stick hitting Letang up high. Thelitter ally CHEER for the Pens instead of calling what's actually happening. So unprofessional and inaccurate. It's a travesty that they are employed. Even the Penguins fans agree with this. By far, the worst in the entire league.

Also, I wish we had Chris Simon signed for one game last night to knock Malkin's teeth out. I don't care how talented he is, he thinks he's better than he is, and he's the dirtiest skill player in the league. Next to Malkin, Ovechkin would be a lady byng winner. Low-bridging instead of taking a hit or trying to stand up and give impact back on a hit. Total wuss move. Tons of late slashes, elbows, cross checks, but never actually fights like a man. I wish Dubinsky forced him to drop the gloves, although Dubinsky was probably afraid of getting a concussion on the ensuing slew foot Malkin would've delivered after realizing Dubinsky was pummeling his ass into the ground. HATE this arrogant, entitlement issue *****. Bickel should've cross checked his teeth last night. God.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
  #102
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I agree with the post, for the most part, but disagree with the bold point entirely. Callahan was on pace to score 30 goals / 60 points LAST SEASON, when Richards wasn't on the team. It is hard to say that Richards is "making Callahan a better player" when Callahan is putting up the same exact numbers he did last year, playing without the world class play maker. Isn't it just possible that Callahan has maintained status quo and Richards hasn't done a whole lot to improve him? If he did, Callahan would be on pace for a lot more than a 25-30 goal / 60 point season.
Disagree. Cally's been a 40~ point player and was injured last year. He wasn't on a 60 point pace before he got injured IIRC, when he came back he tore **** up HARD. I think Richard's is getting a bum rap when it comes to helping Cally this season. They were really good together for a while, and now they're both slumping.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:27 PM
  #103
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Disagree. Cally's been a 40~ point player and was injured last year. He wasn't on a 60 point pace before he got injured IIRC, when he came back he tore **** up HARD. I think Richard's is getting a bum rap when it comes to helping Cally this season. They were really good together for a while, and now they're both slumping.
What does his pace before he got injured have to do with anything? He scored 48 points in 60 games last season, playing with Dubinsky and Anisimov. That's a 66 point pace over 82 games. Richards and Cally have been good together, but to say Richards turned Cally into a 60 point player is very inaccurate. Richards hasn't been nearly as good as he's capable of being. I'm not worried in the least, and I'm actually excited that weve managed the best record in the league with Richards being below average for his own standards. Hell find his way and well be a dangerous team in the playoffs. I still don't understand why Torts refuses to admit that Stepan Richards Gaborik had flashes of brilliance in their very brief time together. That's a real first line. Who would've thought, a first line with our three FIRST LINE PLAYERS. Then, who knows, maybe a second line with GASP, our three second line players, dubi, Anisimov, Cally. Makes too much sense, I know.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM
  #104
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
What does his pace before he got injured have to do with anything? He scored 48 points in 60 games last season, playing with Dubinsky and Anisimov. That's a 66 point pace over 82 games. Richards and Cally have been good together, but to say Richards turned Cally into a 60 point player is very inaccurate. Richards hasn't been nearly as good as he's capable of being. I'm not worried in the least, and I'm actually excited that weve managed the best record in the league with Richards being below average for his own standards. Hell find his way and well be a dangerous team in the playoffs. I still don't understand why Torts refuses to admit that Stepan Richards Gaborik had flashes of brilliance in their very brief time together. That's a real first line. Who would've thought, a first line with our three FIRST LINE PLAYERS. Then, who knows, maybe a second line with GASP, our three second line players, dubi, Anisimov, Cally. Makes too much sense, I know.
Because there's been tons of instances of guys performing way over expectations in short periods of time. I don't think Cally would've hit 66 points last year.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:34 PM
  #105
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Because there's been tons of instances of guys performing way over expectations in short periods of time. I don't think Cally would've hit 66 points last year.
Maybe not 66, but ~60 was certainly likely. If he scored 12 points in the 22 games he had missed (a 40 point pace as you claim that's cally's talent level, right?) he would've finished with 60 points. Game. Set. Match.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:40 PM
  #106
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Maybe not 66, but ~60 was certainly likely. If he scored 12 points in the 22 games he had missed (a 40 point pace as you claim that's cally's talent level, right?) he would've finished with 60 points. Game. Set. Match.
not really game, set, match because we'll never know if he would have had that kind of end to the season if he hadn't of missed those games. he may have been, tired and slightly injured, played through and not only not scored the 12 in 22, but struggled down the stretch as well.

Which is why, IMO, stat projections are kind of stupid.....

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:01 PM
  #107
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 500
This game should not have ended w/o Cooke being dealt with. This just makes my blood boil when a dirty pos like Cooke gets away with something so flagrant.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:31 PM
  #108
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
not really game, set, match because we'll never know if he would have had that kind of end to the season if he hadn't of missed those games. he may have been, tired and slightly injured, played through and not only not scored the 12 in 22, but struggled down the stretch as well.

Which is why, IMO, stat projections are kind of stupid.....
Yea and he also may have scored 70 points in those 22 games and finished with 118 points and won the Art Ross. I didn't project his pace to 82 games, I lowered it to a 40 point pace and he still would've finished with 60 points. He had a great year, production wise. There's no way around that. The fact that we can't know for sure exactly how many points he would've scored had he played all 82 doesn't change the fact that he scored at a 0.8 ppg pace in the 60 games he did play. He's capable of 50-60 points without an elite playmaker like Richards because he works for his points and creates on his own through hard work and getting the puck to the net and going there himself. The whole point was that Richards didn't elevate him to some pace he wasn't previously able to attain. That's a fact. Richards and Cally have been good together for the most part, but Richards has been underwhelming as a playmaker. The fact that Torts refuses to put him with our best offensive player doesnt help and I'm sure Richards will get there eventually and be worth every penny. But to say Cally's current production and pace are due largely in part to Richards is factually inaccurate.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:09 PM
  #109
DM Smiths
Rookie User
 
DM Smiths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
This game should not have ended w/o Cooke being dealt with. This just makes my blood boil when a dirty pos like Cooke gets away with something so flagrant.
I think it could go either way. You could argue it a slewfoot or not, but yeah, I think someone should've stepped up and dropped the gloves with him or something.

DM Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:51 PM
  #110
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Exactly.

I was cracking up at the guy who said "HERE'S OUT LAST 5 LOSSES, LOOK AT HOW BAD WE GET BLOWN OUT!' and then went on to list the St. Louis game as the first one from god knows how long ago.

We're seeing our biggest slump of the season right now and it's showing we probably need offense...but we're not a bad team by any stretch of the imagination unless you're stupid.
I don't think this is a bad team, but it's alarming that this team gets blown out when they lose.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.