HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rejean Tremblay the best Montreal columnist

Old
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Undertakerqc

vCash: 500
The media is sometimes too much, but it sure makes it entertaining even in dark time like this for our Hockey club.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Nothing to say, the only thing I can do is

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Andros777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I don't think I've ever seen an appreciation for a reporter. This market never ceases to amaze me
Actually MAG and Eric Engels get appreciated quite a bit. If you're waiting for a sane person to come on here with accolades about how great Rejean Tremblay is then you're going to wait a long long time.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:30 PM
NewHabsEra*

I will always recognize the guy for the lance et compte series he wrote (the old ones), what was pure masterpiece.. But other than that, he is just an old frustrated guy ranting about the org. as soon as he has the chance to.. He thought he was over everything but Im happy he is no more working around of this team.. Thx to Gainey to have put some order in the house..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:37 PM
KerryFraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
The media is sometimes too much, but it sure makes it entertaining even in dark time like this for our Hockey club.
Base jumping, renting a movie, much better.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Hugo Sham

did someone catch this turd tonight on le match? please correct me if i'm wrong but did he just say (speaking about Gary Carter) that teammates were so jealous of Carter that they would be 'soulager' to hear that he's dying right now? if so, it's one of the most incomprehensible, callous, imbecilic assumptions i have ever heard anyone make

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:50 PM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
This guy is a troll. He's laughing at us.

No sane human being believes Rejeaune is a good columnist.
you could use him on your site, so that it can acquire some credibility

ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:08 AM
EmelinHipCheck

vCash: 300
Eric Engels is the best Montréal columnist.

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:15 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Just wanted to make an appreciation thread for Rejean. I like his points of views. He is not afraid to go againts the grain. He has a wealth of experience.
You're on a mission and it's actually quite funny.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Just wanted to make an appreciation thread for Rejean. I like his points of views. He is not afraid to go againts the grain. He has a wealth of experience.

You mean he'll say all kinds of garbage to get his articles read. He is a tabloid journalist who uses big words to try and make himself look smart.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:28 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Terrible on all levels, this dude should have retired may years ago. He is out of touch and brings politics into in way to much.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:31 AM
PricePkPatch

Oh noes! Somebody on the internet has a different opinion! Clearly he must be Hitler/stupid/trolling! Because no other way would anyone ever think an opinion different of mine!!!!

I used to like Tremblay's chroniques on Paul Arcand and used to listen to it religiously. But it grew tired of it as of late. When it grew into more insides jokes or personal anecdote over talking hockey, I just decided it wasn't worth catching at all cost.

But I used to be quite entertained by him. Kinda like how someone is entertained by Cherry or Edward. He voices an opinion that is worth hearing and considering, even if you weight it wrong most of the time.

The best way to promote stupidity and dogmatism is to refuse to listen to other opinions and quiet diverging voiced. Better listen to all and make your own idea in the end.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Oh noes! Somebody on the internet has a different opinion! Clearly he must be Hitler/stupid/trolling! Because no other way would anyone ever think an opinion different of mine!!!!

I used to like Tremblay's chroniques on Paul Arcand and used to listen to it religiously. But it grew tired of it as of late. When it grew into more insides jokes or personal anecdote over talking hockey, I just decided it wasn't worth catching at all cost.

But I used to be quite entertained by him. Kinda like how someone is entertained by Cherry or Edward. He voices an opinion that is worth hearing and considering, even if you weight it wrong most of the time.

The best way to promote stupidity and dogmatism is to refuse to listen to other opinions and quiet diverging voiced. Better listen to all and make your own idea in the end.
I have no problem with diverging opinions but he is always barking the same tune with separatist or political undertones.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:45 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
When I need an opinion about hockey I come here. I think the posters here are much more insightful than the media in Montreal. If only some posters here had half the resources some of these media personnel had, maybe we'd have some normal fans.
same for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
What seperates some posters here from these "journalists" is that they don't have to sell articles so their posts are not filled with sensationalist crap in order to get more attention, which is why the posters are are usually more insightful.
wait, what???

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:55 AM
SeriousHabs

I can't comment on Réjean as I haven't read him in years. I can only imagine that he is still whining about everything.

Pierre Cantin is even worst. I just can't stand him. Not only is he as whinny as Réjean, he is a populist whiner. He is also a pretentious *****, pretending to be this great sports connaisseur because he writes about tennis or ski twice a month. He is terrible, worst than Gagnon.

Long live Mathias Brunet, the lone professional at LaPresse!

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
I can't comment on Réjean as I haven't read him in years. I can only imagine that he is still whining about everything.

Pierre Cantin is even worst. I just can't stand him. Not only is he as whinny as Réjean, he is a populist whiner. He is also a pretentious *****, pretending to be this great sports connaisseur because he writes about tennis or ski twice a month. He is terrible, worst than Gagnon.

Long live Mathias Brunet, the lone professional at LaPresse!
I came to post this. He's probably the most insightful and interesting sports journalist in Montreal. And he covers the NHL, not just the Habs. I love reading him. I don't know if he qualifies as a columnist though, he's more of a reporter.

For all the hate Réjean gets (and I'm part of those people), you have to admit he can write very well. As for as substance goes, he has very little and most of his article are feces. But he's no worse than a lot of these guys on l'Antichambre or (RIP) CKAC. At least, unlike all these guys, he masters the style. He's just trolling big time and people fall for it.

As for those saying they like to read the opinion of the posters here.... Wow... Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I come here because I enjoy the discussion, but 75% of the content in the Habs section is overreacting drama queens that have the EXACT same kind of line of thinking as those journalist, but unlike them, they're not even paid to say those things! Worrisome.

There are some very good posters though. Whom I enjoy exchanging ideas with. But to say that it's overall better than the crap you read in sports media, eh... The ratio good/bad is probably worse here.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Sorry to reveal you reality, but there are actually some people in real life who read/listen to Rejean Tremblay. Whatever he writes in his paper, on its own it will outweight the importance of most of what happend on HFBoards that day to the general public. I don't think I'd be mistaken if I said you have yet to earn Rejean Tremblay's annual income in your lifetime.

If someone has a different opinion from yours on the internet, it doesn't automatically make him a "troll" even if it might seem marginal from what you're used to. Don't get fooled into thinking that what you perceive there necessarily applies to real life. Ron Paul is popular on the internet, yet even in the republican primaries it doesn't translate too well.

I will end this post with a quote from the great Chael Sonnen :
"I still admire Steven Seagal. Anyone that can be that self-possessed without doing a damn thing to earn it, knows something that I don't."
Rejean Tremblay is an idiot. As simple as that. What makes him an idiot? The opinions he constantly brings forth. His clear agenda against the Habs since he was refused an interview. If you followed him long and read him long enough, you know he's still bitter about that and his opinions are clearly influenced by it.

There is never a positive thing to say about the Habs. We could win a cup and he'd still crap on some things.

HarryI, if I remember correctly, is a doctor. So, not only, I'm assuming, is he doing pretty well, but his contributions to society far exceeds those of RT. If he's not a doctor, then I'm out to lunch.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:02 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I have no problem with diverging opinions but he is always barking the same tune with separatist or political undertones.
You mean nationalist. And yes, he's political in many of his commentaries, but it's not an opinion that is considered even marginal. A great deal of people actually think politically when they think of the Habs, and Tremblay's opinion reflect a strong undercurrent in our society.

Covering your ears and shouting won't make these disappear. And just because you disagree with them, in itself, doesnt mean there is nothing worth hearing or at least considering in your tought process, even if it's to be rejected. But you will have heard a new side to the argument.

Listening only to commentators who say things you wanna hear breed weird mentalities. Just look at Edward or Fox News.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Captain Coach
No Homers

words fail me...

Captain Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
He is right up there with Bertrand Raymond in the most biased journalist in all of Quebec. Bertrand Raymond the guy that changes opinions and position faster than a Lars Eller shift.
He is right up there with Tony Marinaro imo.

There are plenty of good sports writers/analysts in Québec (Dubé, Mathias Brunet, Gagnon, Ladouceur, Lavoie…) but R. Tremblay and Marinaro are amongst the worst imo: biased (one against English; the other against French), sour and very large egos. That being mentioned, both are Habs fans so I won't demonize them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovehalgill View Post
Eric Engels is the best Montréal columnist.
I don't know him; where can I read/listen to him? edit: My GAWD... hockeybuzz... really?

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-20-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:19 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
If you don't want to read what certain posters have to say, put them on your ignore list.

If you don't want to read the content of a particular thread, ignore it.

Posting in a thread solely to complain about "the trolls" will only earn you an infraction. If you think a post is trolling, report it.

In addition, calling someone a troll is considered flaming and is grounds for an infraction, so don't say you weren't warned.

Now, back to the topic at hand, if you please.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I don't know him; where can I read/listen to him? edit: My GAWD... hockeybuzz... really?
Engels also blogs for CTV Montreal's Habs Hub, but he primarily updates on Hockeybuzz. Honestly, as bad as Eklund's "rumours" are, he's got a strong stable of Habs Bloggers. Only reason I visit the site.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

The problem with Rejean Tremblay is that he's a bitter old man. I like to read him when he's not talking about the Habs/the French issue. He published articles on amateur sports that won multiple awards and rightfully so. The guy is a great writer, however he lets his personal biases and frustrations run rampant in his articles and it's sad.

Since he was banned from the Habs' team plane by Bob Gainey, he's been on an anti-Habs crusade and jumps on the bash-wagon every chance he has. "Fefan this, lack of respect for French culture that," it's always the same thing.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Charkey

Wow, this is a joke thread, does anybody but this joker like Rejean tremblay? What a tool, i actually like "Le MAtch", but he was on last night and listen to him for 2 minutes before boycotting le match for a week.

Charkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Charkey

Actually it got me thinking that we should start a thread to boycott any shows or papers that have Rejean Temblay or Bertrand Raymond to appears on. I would love this to actually make an impact on those 2 bozo's

Charkey is offline   Reply With Quote