HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs Cans 7 p.m. Dancing Queen edition. 1.20.2012

Old
01-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Dream Big

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin View Post
Thats my problem with Ted, he never hold George accountable. We just back up more and then run harder into that wall time and time again and expect something to change.

If all he wants is a team that makes the playoffs and then flames out, congrats George is your guy. He'll give you that year after year. If you want a championship, good luck with that.
Yeah but you have to admit OV has been MIA.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Roughing

So, is George ever going to get off his dead ass and make some roster changes to this pathetic bunch? It's only been painfully obvious for several weeks now that this team, as assembled, is a joke. The $10M to Laich, Ward and Knuble this year is about $7M too much.

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
When you watch a guy like Malkin play, then Ovechkin.. you see one tries really hard for loose pucks, and battles hard to the net.

I don't know, I haven't seen many cap games this year, but Ovie seems to glide a lot

I really like him, but he's really gotta pick it up.
OV has no incentive to play anymore, he got his payday.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:35 PM
LetsGoBears

TVo owes the team a few good games considering how he played earlier in the year.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Disgusting. I can't believe at one time this team was a scoring machine. Ovechkin looks like a 4th liner at out there. Embarrassing. I'm starting to wonder if he was on roids before. That's the kinda fall he's had.
Roids don't help skill. It isn't a roid deficiency that makes him leave the puck behind him on every move.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
TVo owes the team a few good games considering how he played earlier in the year.
TVO had some bad games for sure but did he ever look as pathetic as the rest of the team did tonight? If he did, I don't remember it.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Not at all, if anything he's even more of a players coach. He was the captain of this team for the longest time, and captains pretty much unanimously defend and support their players, deflect criticism from the players, etc. And now he's coaching the very same team. Psychologically he's in the exact same spot. If you wanted someone who'd skate them till they puke after a bad loss the last guy on the planet you'd get is Dale Hunter.
What is with the "skate till they puke'? If your boss did that to you when you had a bad day how would that make you feel? Rediculous advise.

Old
01-20-2012, 08:37 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Zzz Roster shake up in order since montreal.

Blaming coaching is short sight Ted

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:38 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Half of it is Hunter. He flat out sucks.

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Roids don't help skill. It isn't a roid deficiency that makes him leave the puck behind him on every move.
Maybe he should get his eyesight checked. His depth perception may be off.

Old
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

lol wut?

Some of us have been saying that for a while.

Atlas

McPhee is ****.

Dennis Wideman is ****. He is my least favorite player on the team right now. He just plays hockey in the wrong way. He tries wierd passes and shots--he has no logic to his game. He creates bad chemistry because the other players never know what he's going to do out there, i'd trade him tomorrow.

Laich is ****. He is out matched in the NHL above the 4th line against any decent team and against most sucky teams. Please trade his sorry ass.

Ward isn't very good either. 4th line winger.

Brouwer is a 3rd line winger who can shield the goalie on the PP. How much is he paid for that? He's fine.

Mojo is playing well enough. Eakin, too.

Semin was **** tonight. He did nothing.

Ovie has no one to play with and for some reason he's not even hitting now. I think he's afraid he'll get a penalty. He can't play that way.

Carlson is struggling but he'll be fine. Alzner was very good. Orlov is playing well with the occasional and expected gaffes.

This team's chemistry is about as bad as I've ever seen. It's McPhee's fault.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
What is with the "skate till they puke'? If your boss did that to you when you had a bad day how would that make you feel? Rediculous advise.
My boss has me puke all the time and it makes me feel nauseous but that's besides the point. The point is Hunter is the furthest thing removed from Herb Brooks even if he has the demeanor of a disciplinarian coach.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
Tonight and the Isles game were not bad days. 2 of the last 3 games. How many "bad days" do they get? These were no effort games. The one thing the players can control is their effort level. If they won't bring it during the game then a message needs to be sent.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:46 PM
tycoonheart

The roster makeup is definitely atrocious.

But my problem is the constant puck fumbling, turnover in their own zone, horrible passes... things any NHLer should be doing well. Its like watching a bunch of 5 year olds play hockey.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Im still mad about Sjogren.....

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Capsman

I don't think there's any inconsistency here. I think since the San Jose game we have been consistently dominated. Little effort forechecking, poor organization and spacing on the cycle, sagging defense, etc. I think what is going on is a little different from what we saw with Bruce. Bruce's game was essentially based on individuals making plays. With Dale there is the potential for better teamwork, but the problem is that we spend so much time chasing pucks in the defensive zone that I think guys are gassed afterward. So we see a lot of line changes.

Dale will need to amp up the defensive aggression and alter the exit strategy which has essentially been nothing but up the boards.

Old
01-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Langway
Intangibles

I thought Johansson was pretty terrible. He's way too soft on the puck, which is why you don't fast-track centers unless they're special players.

In fairness they're pretty much all way too soft on the puck, which is why their sustained offensive game is putrid.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Capitlols

Ovechkin is my biggest worry moving forward. He's fulfilling the Russian stereotype and he honestly looks like he lost the passion for the game.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Capsman

Wow Dale, it was much more than the PP. I think 23 straight periods outshot says something. I wonder how many times that has happened even to the crappiest of teams.

Old
01-20-2012, 08:56 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Wow Dale, it was much more than the PP. I think 23 straight periods outshot says something. I wonder how many times that has happened even to the crappiest of teams.
Are people just not catching on? Some people on here, me included, have been talking about this for the past week. Its a crappy ass system

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:57 PM
sycamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
McPhee is ****.

Dennis Wideman is ****. He is my least favorite player on the team right now. He just plays hockey in the wrong way. He tries wierd passes and shots--he has no logic to his game. He creates bad chemistry because the other players never know what he's going to do out there, i'd trade him tomorrow.

Laich is ****. He is out matched in the NHL above the 4th line against any decent team and against most sucky teams. Please trade his sorry ass.

Ward isn't very good either. 4th line winger.

Brouwer is a 3rd line winger who can shield the goalie on the PP. How much is he paid for that? He's fine.

Mojo is playing well enough. Eakin, too.

Semin was **** tonight. He did nothing.

Ovie has no one to play with and for some reason he's not even hitting now. I think he's afraid he'll get a penalty. He can't play that way.

Carlson is struggling but he'll be fine. Alzner was very good. Orlov is playing well with the occasional and expected gaffes.

This team's chemistry is about as bad as I've ever seen. It's McPhee's fault.
I'm not sure where I stand with McPhee atm. The guy drafts pretty much flawlessly, and up until this past season made great trades/free agent pick-ups (eg. Chimera, Hannan); but this past season he has not looked good: Brower, Ward and Hamrlik have been costly, lousy acquisitions; he held on to Boudreau for too long, and the jury is still out on Hunter -- I'm not sure he has the marbles to compete with the big boys in the league like Laviolette and Babcock.
McPhee better redeem himself at the trade deadline or this next off-season, at the latest.

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Langway
Intangibles

If you need a grand scheme to fit hot dog ***** players then you're doing it wrong.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:59 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Ovechkin is my biggest worry moving forward. He's fulfilling the Russian stereotype and he honestly looks like he lost the passion for the game.
All that's missing will be him asking for a trade.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:03 PM
DCRedhawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post

Yeah, given his contract and the fact that he's never going to be a great two way player, he needs to produce.... a lot.... In addition, the team seems to take after his effort and intensity, so on nights like tonight when he is largely invisible (or worse), it's not pretty.

DCRedhawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote