HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Notes

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
Prospect Notes

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1320

Old
10-13-2004, 04:47 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

personally im not very high on immonen, just like a couple other prospects, but, by reading that article and hearing good things constantly, the kid should get a shot at hartfrd next year to see what he could do. NYR does need a second line center and i guesss he fits the bill for now, or until Graham is ready to step in that spot which i am very high on and hope he turns out to be a solid young player.

Old
10-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
personally im not very high on immonen, just like a couple other prospects, but, by reading that article and hearing good things constantly, the kid should get a shot at hartfrd next year to see what he could do. NYR does need a second line center and i guesss he fits the bill for now, or until Graham is ready to step in that spot which i am very high on and hope he turns out to be a solid young player.
I don't want to make this sound like I'm singling you out here, but I must admit I'm surprised at the number of people who are high on Graham for no other apparent reason than his size and the fact that some sources projected to go in the first round.

I certainly have hope that he'll develop into an NHLer, but the QMJHL is not historically a good league for producing scoring forwards and even if you take the statistical likelihood of him being successful as a 2nd round pick...in a draft that some consider weak, or unpredictable at best.

At the moment he's playing 2nd line center on perhaps the hottest team in the Q and is probably treading water in terms of his production...probably doing okay, but not outstanding.

Those who've watched him this season continue to say they'd like to see him play more physically, which is something that players his age have normally discovered by now...especially in a league like the QMJHL where he dwarfs the opposition most nights.

Personally I'm more intrigued at this point with Bahensky and Callahan...and maybe even in Psurny than I am in Graham.

Old
10-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Levitate

graham is an interesting prospect...it seems like he'd end up more like a big guy who uses his size mainly to not get knocked off the puck, etc etc...not to hit people...but that's not necessarily a bad thing if he can apply his other skills successfully

but IMO immonen is a much better prospect for 2nd line center...the guy is good, and his skating issues are greatly overexaggerated at this point from all i hear from people who watch him play. he worked very hard and is a decent skater at this point...i dont' think it's going to hold him back

Closed Thread