HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens fans have stopped caring

Old
01-20-2012, 09:05 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I guess I'm part of the minority here. I've watched every game so far, plan on watching all the way until game 82 and hopefully more after that. No matter how bad the team plays, I'll always watch. I put up with the dark years in the early 2000s. This is a walk in the park.
Even though I want a high pick this year I still watch every game and cheer for the Habs to win, I can't cheer against them.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Brockoli

That article was far more boring than any habs game or practice I've ever seen.

Crappy turnout at a habs practice news worthy? In Montreal, I guess. But did I got the point after the first paragraph.

brockoli

Brockoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockoli View Post
That article was far more boring than any habs game or practice I've ever seen.

Crappy turnout at a habs practice news worthy? In Montreal, I guess. But did I got the point after the first paragraph.

brockoli
Crappy turn out just not at practices, they can't even sell out the cheap seats now at Bell Centre at game 45...

I think that is alarming in itself...

Season ticket drive should be interesting for next season, i think she's goona be an eye opener.

Gillet brought the hope back, Gauthier /Martin sunk it all in 1.5 yrs.

Quote:
What should be more troubling to the Canadiens are the vacancies in the cheap(er) seats in the thin air near the roof, a vantage point more affordable to the average fan.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1k0mvereJ

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-20-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:10 AM
HeShootsHeScores

The fun about being a fan, if your team doesn't win, is to see how the players and management fight through adversity. I don't daydream about a SC as much as I used to the last few years, but I'll continu to watch as much habs game as possible.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I'd post a witty joke or comment in this thread, but I don't care nearly enough to think of anything.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

I'd say it's true. I went to the game on Wednesday and there were probably thousands of empty seats. Lots of empty seats in the reds the whole game. By the end of the 2nd period, I saw plenty of people leaving with their jackets/family/friends/etc and didn't come back for the 3rd period.

Quote:
I guess I'm part of the minority here. I've watched every game so far, plan on watching all the way until game 82 and hopefully more after that. No matter how bad the team plays, I'll always watch. I put up with the dark years in the early 2000s. This is a walk in the park.
I've watched every single game this year as well and will continue doing so. I don't think I've missed a single Habs game for any reason since about 2002.

Last edited by Theosis: 01-20-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
I'd say it's true. I went to the game on Wednesday and there were probably thousands of empty seats. Lots of empty seats in the reds the whole game. By the end of the 2nd period, I saw plenty of people leaving with their jackets/family/friends/etc and didn't come back for the 3rd period.

I've watched every single game this year as well and will continue doing so.
I think Habs should have about 15000 or less by end of yr..

Old
01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
neofury*

Quote:
This 100%.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post

I've watched every single game this year as well and will continue doing so. I don't think I've missed a single Habs game for any reason since about 2002.
Same here...however I have missed more third periods than ever before, after shutting off the TV in disgust and finding something more productive to do.

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

for me it's not the losing thats hard to swallow
but it's the lack of effort, passion and commitment from this team. If you're going to lose, go down with honor, instead they're all out there playing as if this was a warm up session every game

on top of that we have ownership and management that have no clue what they are doing, so for alot of us the future does not look very bright as it stands.

It would be easier for most people to be ok with losing if we knew that there would be some sort of rebuild (minor or major) on the horizon and finally had a idea of what direction this team wants to take

instead molson and gauthier are treating us like idiots and just saying things they think will please us but in reality we see right through them

honestly, uncle george leaving was the worst thing that happened to this franchise in awhile

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Crappy turn out just not at practices, they can't even sell out the cheap seats now at Bell Centre at game 45...

I think that is alarming in itself...

Season ticket drive should be interesting for next season, i think she's goona be an eye opener.
It's all sold out either way, it's about scalpers not being able to sell them or fans just not showing up more than anything.

As for the season ticket drive next year, I've been on the waiting list for years so hopefully a few morons jump ship this summer.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
It's all sold out either way, it's about scalpers not being able to sell them or fans just not showing up more than anything.

As for the season ticket drive next year, I've been on the waiting list for years so hopefully a few morons jump ship this summer.
I'm waiting for morons to jump ship just so I can get *on* the waiting list.

Keep not caring, guys.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Imagine when the Nords are back, the fans will also have an option to turn to. Dark days ahead for our habs. The days of sold out Bell Center will be over soon.
Yes, I'm sure people will flock to a newly moved team that probably happens to be a perennial cellar dweller at the moment.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
TheBuriedHab

Its hard to care when the players play like they don't care half the time.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:56 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
for me it's not the losing thats hard to swallow
but it's the lack of effort, passion and commitment from this team. If you're going to lose, go down with honor, instead they're all out there playing as if this was a warm up session every game

on top of that we have ownership and management that have no clue what they are doing, so for alot of us the future does not look very bright as it stands.

It would be easier for most people to be ok with losing if we knew that there would be some sort of rebuild (minor or major) on the horizon and finally had a idea of what direction this team wants to take

instead molson and gauthier are treating us like idiots and just saying things they think will please us but in reality we see right through them

honestly, uncle george leaving was the worst thing that happened to this franchise in awhile
That pretty much sums it up.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
zeeto

I haven't cared "less" about watching the team, but I do care less about going to Montreal for a game. The last game we went to, at home, was the Bruins game in October, and we had full intentions of heading up for at least one game a month. Now, I just watch all the games online or on TV. It's a 5-6 hour drive, a hotel room, and a few hundred for tickets each time we go.

We're planning to head to one or two other games this season, just because we're expecting our first kid next Sept and I'm not sure if we'll be able to head up next season.

zeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM
psychonaut

I been on the waiting list for 5 years now. There was 17 people in front of me at the beginning of the season so hope I finally get them !!!!

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Go Habs Go

I still care...

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
I been on the waiting list for 5 years now. There was 17 people in front of me at the beginning of the season so hope I finally get them !!!!
I envy you.

I want to put my name on for whites (full season), and can't. Only half-season as an option.

Do you know if I can upgrade from half to full eventually, assuming I get the half?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
This season is horrible to watch. I'm guilty of not caring.

Can't wait for the draft already.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Et le But

I've seen 90% of the games this season and will continue to watch most games this season.

I for one can't wait for the Nords to come back, so the team doesn't have the pressure of fake fans on top of its real ones.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post

take 6000 fans out of Bell , sure all sold out on paper.

but NOT 10 DOLLAR BEER,hot dogs. merchandises ,they haven't figure a way to do that yet..
There are 6000 less eating and buying at Bell...which is a good chunk of income gone.
Maybe in years to come ,you will need to pre pay for the whole season of beer when you buy your tickets?

Old
01-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
season tickets are cheaper in Hamilton...

that's what your paying TOP dollar for in Montreal.

Smart fans, won't play the sucker next yr,scaplers will be feeling pain of PHX Coyotes.

Old
01-20-2012, 10:37 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
take 6000 fans out of Bell , sure all sold out on paper.

but NOT 10 DOLLAR BEER,hot dogs. merchandises ,they haven't figure a way to do that yet..
There are 6000 less eating and buying at Bell...which is a good chunk of income gone.
Maybe in years to come ,you will need to pre pay for the whole season of beer when you buy your tickets?
No, it's absolutely not ideal to not have people show up but there's no doubt it's less of an issue when people have already paid for their tickets, you at least have that in your back pocket.

It's a cause of concern for Molson, he's done an awful job at the PR game of late, whether it be raising ticket prices, suing business in Montreal or the whole Enlgish/French coach debate, everything has been a bit of a nightmare.

He has to see it and it has to scare him. It could be good, in that he'll realize something needs to be done and make a good, smart move or, and this is more likely, he'll make stupid panic moves to try and appease people.

Old
01-20-2012, 10:40 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
season tickets are cheaper in Hamilton...

that's what your paying TOP dollar for in Montreal.

Smart fans, won't play the sucker next yr.
It's not about being smart or stupid, it's not some kind of strategic investment, I want season tickets. I know my chances are better of moving up the waiting list after a season like this than during good times and if I ever get the chance, I'm jumping on it.

Anyway, waiting until things turn around isn't exactly brilliant, it will be sold out again and impossible to get tickets.