HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #11

View Poll Results: Who is the #11 Rangers prospect?
D Samuel Noreau 0 0%
C Oscar Lindberg 11 29.73%
D Blake Parlett 0 0%
C Andrew Yogan 14 37.84%
D Pavel Valentenko 3 8.11%
RW Shane McColgan 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-20-2012, 03:22 PM
ocarina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I would be enraged if they took any goalie with our 1st round pick this year...or next. Is any prospect we draft this year or next going to be better than Biron if Hank were to go down for an extended period or longer? Doubtful. We want to burn a 3rd rounder on a goalie the organization is high on I guess I'm ok with that. But this is supposed to be a deep draft. We better swing for the fences for two forwards with upside the first two rounds....assuming we actually have those picks come the trade deadline. Knowing Sather that 2nd rounder is likely in play. If we only have 1 pick in the first 80 selections it better not be for a goalie...that much I can say for sure.
IMO, you are looking at it too short term. Look, obviously, it depends on who is available, but if the BPA is a goalie, you have to take him. It may not be sexy, but ask Vancouver or Boston how much of a security blanket it is to have a young stud backing up their goalie. They don't have to worry about their future in net.

If Lundqvist begins to slip up, we are in deep trouble. Of course, I'm not saying he will, but he is approaching 30, and there is no guarantee at all that he will stay healthy and keep up an elite level of play for the next 4-6 years. We've built up enough of a young core and have enough prospect depth that we should start to look at grooming a young goalie as insurance.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote