HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would your team have given for Cammalleri

Old
01-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 500
What would your team have given for Cammalleri

So if the rumors of PG not shopping Cammalleri are true, I'm curious to what other kinds of packages your team would have offered to the Habs.

Would there have been teams willing to offer a 1st +? I know there were all kinds of threads before he got traded and nobody was too keen on him, just curious if anyone out there felt that their GM "missed the boat" on Cammy.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Just search value of Cammy, just two weeks ago, people wouldn't take on that contact unless they where getting an asset with it...

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
I would give a 1st class ticket (on a train) to get him away from my team with a card to give to the Montreal management saying 'get well soon'.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
firstemperor

For my team, I wouldn't have taken him for free.....too much to absorb on his cap hit. I think the Habs probably got about the best package they would have gotten, I thought they won the trade.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
The Gnome

As a flames fan I would say Gauthier got what he should have. I still hold this was one of the more even deals I've seen in a while.

We got the better player and you guys got the better pick. Both players were playing like bums before the trade and it looks like they have both had positive games since being traded.

So in short...nothing more then what he got.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Just search value of Cammy, just two weeks ago, people wouldn't take on that contact unless they where getting an asset with it...
Or unless they sent another bad contract in return which is pretty much what happened.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Mony01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
So if the rumors of PG not shopping Cammalleri are true, I'm curious to what other kinds of packages your team would have offered to the Habs.

Would there have been teams willing to offer a 1st +? I know there were all kinds of threads before he got traded and nobody was too keen on him, just curious if anyone out there felt that their GM "missed the boat" on Cammy.
Water bottles and bag of pucks for cam

Mony01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:59 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

didn't want him

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:03 PM
GAGLine

No interest from the Rangers. We don't have any albatross contracts other than Redden, and he's in the AHL.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No interest from the Rangers. We don't have any albatross contracts other than Redden, and he's in the AHL.
And the other bad contract you did have you shipped of to the habs

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:09 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Or unless they sent another bad contract in return which is pretty much what happened.
Not sure how you can see Bourque as a bad contract.

3.33M for 4 more years. 27 goals for the past 2 season, and on pace for around that again. He has flaws in his game, but 3.3M is about 5% of a 64M cap, and that's should be the amount to paid to a really good 3rd line.

His contract does go for 4 years, but at the end is he paid only 2.5M, so its more movable, but he is only 30 years old.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

I still don't get why the Flames did this, Cammy's a beast in the POs and has a tendency to cruise all the way there.

Would've been a great asset for a team that is sure to make the POs, but to a team who's trying to squeeze in, it's a whole other situation.

I think we got good value but could've had more if we would've waited for the deadline.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:10 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Wouldn't have minded him on the Wild, but I think our best offer to the Habs would have been Haula + Stoner + San Jose's 2013 3rd. That's to say, we'd have paid in spare parts.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

For Flame fans: Is the one pt in 3 games indicative of Cammy's play, or has he played better than when he was on the Habs, but just hasn't been going in for him?

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:19 PM
madmike77

Quote:

3.33M for 4 more years. 27 goals for the past 2 season, and on pace for around that again. He has flaws in his game, but 3.3M is about 5% of a 64M cap, and that's should be the amount to paid to a really good 3rd line.

His contract does go for 4 years, but at the end is he paid only 2.5M, so its more movable, but he is only 30 years old.
It's the length of the deal that's the issue. If he's still potting 27 a year when he's 33 and 34 then it's a decent contract - otherwise not so much.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
landfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I still don't get why the Flames did this, Cammy's a beast in the POs and has a tendency to cruise all the way there.

Would've been a great asset for a team that is sure to make the POs, but to a team who's trying to squeeze in, it's a whole other situation.

I think we got good value but could've had more if we would've waited for the deadline.
Makes sense to me. His best year was with the flames and they are banking he will get back to that.

As a canucks fan I would have offered a first this year and ballard.

landfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
For Flame fans: Is the one pt in 3 games indicative of Cammy's play, or has he played better than when he was on the Habs, but just hasn't been going in for him?
It's not just the numbers that are being taken into consideration. It's his overall play. He's been getting chances and having good chemistry with Iggy like before. That's what he was brought in for. Bourque wasn't doing either.

I'm happy to see him getting chances, that makes a huge difference. Not just because it could mean he can potentially soon put up the numbers, but because him getting chances has helped as far as the flames being the team controlling the play during that shift. It's a big change in CGY.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:21 PM
madmike77

Quote:
So far he looks like he's working hard. And he did get the SO winner last night as well, which may not seem like a huge deal, but the Flames are traditionally awful at the SO. If he can continue scoring there the rest may not matter.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:23 PM
blankall

Quote:
Much better.

The Flames are on a really tough road trip right now. Back to back road games against SJ and LA, who are two of the hottest teams in the league. The Flames still managed to come out of that road trip 1-0-1 despite only scoring 2 goals.

It's actually been a very bizarre last 3 games. In all three games both teams hit a ton of posts.

Cammy has been playing great though. Hustling to get pucks, going into corners, and charging the net. He's been playing with a lot of heart and not shying away from physical contact. He also scored the game winner in the shootout last night.

The biggest thing is that it automatically gives Calgary another scoring threat on their top line. Iginla has a lot more space. The PP looks a lot better.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Heat View Post
It's not just the numbers that are being taken into consideration. It's his overall play. He's been getting chances and having good chemistry with Iggy like before. That's what he was brought in for. Bourque wasn't doing either.

I'm happy to see him getting chances, that makes a huge difference. Not just because it could mean he can potentially soon put up the numbers, but because him getting chances has helped as far as the flames being the team controlling the play during that shift. It's a big change in CGY.
Well you know Cammy is due for one of those streaks where he looks like a top 10 player in the NHL. If he's getting the chances, they'll start going in for him. If he gets on that type of roll, that would be good really good news for the Flames playoff aspirations since they are knocking on the door right now. We have to get a few more Canadian teams in the playoffs

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:26 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike77 View Post
It's the length of the deal that's the issue. If he's still potting 27 a year when he's 33 and 34 then it's a decent contract - otherwise not so much.
True, generally speaking his salary goes do at the end of the deal, so maybe its easier to trade.

But since is 33-34 the age that a average player play declines, ex Erik Cole is still produce at 34-35. Generally speaking the norm would be at 36-37 that a play might see a decline because of age IMO.

Old
01-20-2012, 12:27 PM
blankall

Quote:

Bourque unfortunately has a lot of psychological issues that really detract from his game.

He will float for long periods of time. He's prone to very bad penalties at very inopportune times.He also losses his cool and throws cheap shots.

I think it was this last cheap shot that really broke the camel's back and resulted in the Flames deciding to get rid of him. The fans (although I know they didn't have any input) were really fed up with the bad attitude and the cheapshots. The Calgary fanbase really expects hard and honest work from the Flames. Bourque was providing neither of those.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Drew311
Whitey Whackers

Not sure, considering i'm not Brian Burke.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IBLeaf*

Doesn't make sense for the Leafs. Overpaid, underperforming, and small.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Well you know Cammy is due for one of those streaks where he looks like a top 10 player in the NHL. If he's getting the chances, they'll start going in for him. If he gets on that type of roll, that would be good really good news for the Flames playoff aspirations since they are knocking on the door right now. We have to get a few more Canadian teams in the playoffs
That's very true. Plus for habs fans it can go a similar direction. When Bourque goes on a streak, he is completely unstoppable for several games and EVERYTHING goes in for him. Those streaks are just so spread out is the problem, but when he's on it, look out.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote