HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

the atlantic division is too good

Old
01-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Megadelphia

vCash: 500
1. Central
2. Atlantic
3. NE
4. NW
5. Pacific
6. SE

Megadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:54 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIONBOZAK View Post
ever stop to think that the central is looking good because the NW and PAC are so terrible? Must be nice getting to play the Oilers, Flames, Wild, Avs, Ducks, Coyotes, and Stars all year long
Right....because the East doesn't have any bottom feeders....

mizzoublues29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Smoky

Central says hi

Smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:20 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
For my money, it's the Central that is tremendously difficult right now. It also stank not so many years ago. These things tend to be cyclical. It wasn't so long ago that the Atlantic featured woeful Pittsburgh and NYR franchises, to go along with the perennially dreadful NYI, a middling NJD squad, and one conference power in Philadelphia.

As for realignment, it appears likely that after they parry and thrust for a few months, the current league proposal will garner NHLPA approval. You'll see Washington and Carolina join the current Atlantic teams.
Hmmmm....I..hmm.

I disagree?

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkHarvey View Post
Yeah the Devils were so middling managing only to win the Atlantic division in 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010...

In comparison, the central division of years past were still as dominant as ever what with the Blue Jackets, Blues and Blackhawks so competitative for all those years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
Hmmmm....I..hmm.

I disagree?
I think what he was implying was that New Jersey wasn't nearly as good as everyone thought we were those years. Coming off of being a pseudo-dynasty for the better part of 10 years, those teams, though modestly successful in the regular season, were enormous underachievers. Especially in the playoffs.

I mean of course when you win the division you think you're a legitimate contender, but looking back now the only team that had a reasonable shot of accomplishing anything was the 2009 team which crashed in magnificent fashion.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:14 AM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
The entire SE division, Islanders, Buffalo, Habs and Leafs. This doesn't even count a depleted Pens team. Point is both sides have teams to beat up.
only division that beats up on the isles is the atlantic

startainfection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:15 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
there are 6 good teams in the east, and everyone else.

NY/PHI/PIT/NJ
BOS/OTT

the isles are part of everyone else, and they're probably not in the top half of that everyone.

Just because there is more crap in other divisions than there is in the atlantic doesnt mean the isles arnt part of that crap.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Wanderson

vCash: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
Please, just stop posting.

Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
I'd love to see Boston and Pittsburgh switch divisions. I miss the NYR-BOS rivalry, and I've never been able to muster up the kind of hatred for Pittsburgh that I have for PHI/NJD/NYI.
I think you're in the minority there among Ranger fans.

Agreed with whoever said divisions need to be based on geography rather than parity. The balance of power shifts frequently in the NHL.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

The Central division is clearly quite dominant and the Western Conference has a couple of legit teams more than the East.

But saying that, I also believe that the Atlantic is/would be on par and perhaps better if it hadn't seen many more high profile injuries than the teams leading the Central. Pens need few words in that regard having suffered to a ridiculous extent again, but take Philly with Pronger out and Giroux and Jagr having slowed down big time after coming back from injury. New Jersey were deprived of their nr.1 C for most the season so far (even if Zajac isn't that great, having him back contributes to their turn around) and they have had important losses on their blue line where they are also ill equipped to deal with them. Islanders continually suffer the loss of D-men and there's no position where they are worse. Rangers... them being where they are is in part because they've profited from Division rivals' injuries, but also because they coped very well with the losses of Staal and Sauer themselves.

I know MacDonald is a big loss for the Blues and that Perron has been out for long also, but other than that I don't think they or Chicago, Detroit or Nashville have suffered like the Atlantic in terms of injuries. Much less in terms of the absence of their KEY players. Among key players on Detroit, I think Datsyuk has lost one game. Lidström, Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall, Stuart.... none. Nashville has had few injuries of note also (beyond a few games here and there) and with Chicago it is the same.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote