HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Blues Jerseys

Old
01-21-2012, 05:32 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
I wouldn't say that...Boston's and Pittsburgh's "gold" jerseys were great. Though we should always have blue jerseys.
They used more yellow, which you should do if you really want to do it. They also had enough white and black in the jersey, so the yellow wasn't over the top. IMO, those were more of the exception than the rule, I have personally had to wear some pretty bad yellow/gold jerseys and have seen some pretty awful ones as well.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
They used more yellow, which you should do if you really want to do it. They also had enough white and black in the jersey, so the yellow wasn't over the top. IMO, those were more of the exception than the rule, I have personally had to wear some pretty bad yellow/gold jerseys and have seen some pretty awful ones as well.
Vianney high school had some decent ones and they were black and "gold".

Not that I am advocating the use of gold jerseys.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 01-21-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Found Photo
Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:36 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

My lacrosse teams have used both yellow/gold and black jerseys and the black are by far better.

Old
01-21-2012, 08:36 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
The Blues just need to revert to their pre-edge design. Our third jersey is a perfect third. Do not want it or a white version as primary jerseys. Our current home and away are among the worst in the league in my opinion.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

The Pre-Edge jersey had the right idea, but not the best execution. Have to round out the shoulder yokes and make sure to have stripes on the arms and bottom. Keep the light blue sleeves and bottom.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:20 PM
CCBC

I was a huge fan of the 3rds when they were released, but now I find them very tiresome. Not a fan of them anymore.

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:27 PM
PlagerBros*

[QUOTE=Noteman;42870351]The Blues just need to revert to their pre-edge design. Our third jersey is a perfect third. Do not want it or a white version as primary jerseys. Our current home and away are among the worst in the league in my opinion.[/QUOTE

Seriously?!?!?! All they did was eliminate the waist stripes and add the two yellow stripes. Other then that they are the same as the CCM jerseys and they are among the worst in the league.

Wow.

PlagerBros* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
DrVanntastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChChChChimo View Post

Seriously?!?!?! All they did was eliminate the waist stripes and add the two yellow stripes. Other then that they are the same as the CCM jerseys and they are among the worst in the league.

Wow.
Eliminating the waist stripes led to a boring jersey. We did piping better than any other team in the NHL, and it still sucked. The shoulder yoke is entirely different. I find the white horns to be a bit annoying and would have preferred a straight line.

When the edge jerseys initially released they were among the nicer redesigned jerseys. Now that most of the teams in the league have realized their first edge jerseys sucked and changed to different designs the Blues have fell to the bottom third of the league.

The teams I would rank below the Blues are Dallas, Pittsburgh, Calgary, Colorado, Washington, and Ottawa. Minnesota's home sweater is pretty bad as well, but I like the rest of their kit.

I put Columbus, Nashville (though I love the change to gold), Florida, LA, and Phoenix right there with the Blues. Their jerseys aren't bad, just a bit bland.

Old
01-22-2012, 05:45 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
Eliminating the waist stripes led to a boring jersey. We did piping better than any other team in the NHL, and it still sucked. The shoulder yoke is entirely different. I find the white horns to be a bit annoying and would have preferred a straight line.

When the edge jerseys initially released they were among the nicer redesigned jerseys. Now that most of the teams in the league have realized their first edge jerseys sucked and changed to different designs the Blues have fell to the bottom third of the league.
I agree completely. Nashville does the horns and piping much better than we do. The horns on their jersey echo the teeth of the cat in their logo.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:06 PM
PlagerBros*

Quote:

The teams I would rank below the Blues are Dallas, Pittsburgh, Calgary, Colorado, Washington, and Ottawa. Minnesota's home sweater is pretty bad as well, but I like the rest of their kit.

I put Columbus, Nashville (though I love the change to gold), Florida, LA, and Phoenix right there with the Blues. Their jerseys aren't bad, just a bit bland.
The shoulder yoke is the same except it is curved. You remind me of a poster over at the asylum who always made asinine statements about the Blues jerseys. Let's see how angry you get about this to see if you are him.

Regardless, it is just your opinion and I, and many others, think you are wrong about the Blues jerseys being among the worst.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

The Blues are still in the top third of the league, simply because of the symbol for the most part. As long as they keep the symbol the same, it's pretty hard to mess a jersey up.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend View Post
If the Blues simply revert to the jersey prior to the Reebok vertical piping redesign - it will make for a big improvement. Remove the vertical piping and add a horizontal stripe to the bottom.

Saw this concept on the main board, would absolutely love this:

Pretty tough to top this

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
The shoulder yoke is the same except it is curved. You remind me of a poster over at the asylum who always made asinine statements about the Blues jerseys. Let's see how angry you get about this to see if you are him.

Regardless, it is just your opinion and I, and many others, think you are wrong about the Blues jerseys being among the worst.
I do not agree with you, and I take exception with the hostility in your tone.

I do however agree in large part with what Noteman has said regarding the Blues sweaters. I agree that they are among the most poorly designed jerseys in the league. The yokes, the piping, the sleeves, and the lack of waist and arm stripes contribute to my negative opinion of our jerseys. What is especially disappointing for me is that the Bluenote is arguably the most iconic of all team logos in the NHL. And to see it on a jersey that, in my opinion and the opinion of others, does not suit the legacy of the Bluenote is a downright shame.

Restoring the jerseys would not be a difficult task, even within the constraints of the Reebok EDGE templates. There are many teams that have created successful identities. I am hoping that with new ownership, the Blues will take a turn in the right direction with their on-ice appearance.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
PlagerBros*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
I do not agree with you, and I take exception with the hostility in your tone.

I do however agree in large part with what Noteman has said regarding the Blues sweaters. I agree that they are among the most poorly designed jerseys in the league. The yokes, the piping, the sleeves, and the lack of waist and arm stripes contribute to my negative opinion of our jerseys. What is especially disappointing for me is that the Bluenote is arguably the most iconic of all team logos in the NHL. And to see it on a jersey that, in my opinion and the opinion of others, does not suit the legacy of the Bluenote is a downright shame.

Restoring the jerseys would not be a difficult task, even within the constraints of the Reebok EDGE templates. There are many teams that have created successful identities. I am hoping that with new ownership, the Blues will take a turn in the right direction with their on-ice appearance.
I am ok with you disagreeing but find it laughable that you "take exception" with my "tone" while speaking to someone else.

Your description is your opinion and, if you do some looking around on hockey forums and other jersey and sports websites you will see that very few share the opinion that the Blues jersey's are bad.

Feel free to take exception to my tone, I really don't care.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:17 PM
DrVanntastic

Quote:

I don't post at the Asylum, so that's not something you'll have to worry about. Also, anyone that gets angry over a conversation about a jersey has some serious problems.

The shoulder yoke is not the same. On the old yoke, the white and yellow went all the way across the yoke, which is not the case on the Edge uniform.

Regardless, it is just your opinion. I, and many others, believe that the home and road jerseys are among the worst in the league. (See how that works?)

Old
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

You'd think he designed the edge jerseys...It's a discussion about what we as Blues fans would like. This forum isn't the place to be rude, especially when it comes to opinions. That being said, is anyone against those jerseys that Guy posted? I can try to pick the design apart, but I don't think there's anything I couldn't live with.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:32 PM
DrVanntastic

Quote:
You'd think he designed the edge jerseys...It's a discussion about what we as Blues fans would like. This forum isn't the place to be rude, especially when it comes to opinions. That being said, is anyone against those jerseys that Guy posted? I can try to pick the design apart, but I don't think there's anything I couldn't live with.
Those jersey's Guy posted are gorgeous! Those with our current third would give us the best uniform set in the league.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:32 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I really like how the white ones have more blue and yellow in them, so they don't look as plain. I like the blue ones, but I think I would prefer to go back to the old school blue or at least get rid of the darker blue on the shoulders, never been a big fan of that.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:35 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Those jersey's Guy posted are gorgeous! Those with our current third would give us the best uniform set in the league.
So who do we send those to within the organization?

Old
01-22-2012, 08:40 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

That's what I said in an earlier post bleed...Would love to see them without the yokes.

Old
01-22-2012, 09:07 PM
DrVanntastic

Quote:
That's what I said in an earlier post bleed...Would love to see them without the yokes.
Or maybe a gold yoke like the early 1980 sweaters.

http://nhluniforms.com/Blues/Blues06.html

Old
01-22-2012, 09:14 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

Yep, the darker blue never fit IMO.

Old
01-22-2012, 09:36 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

I could definitely get used to something in that realm. Considered buying a Federko jersey like that.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:

I don't like the shoulder on the blue sweater, but on the white it looks sharp.

I have no problem with the shoulder yoke in general. On some jerseys it looks good, on others it doesn't.

I don't like the shoulder piping on the Carolina jerseys. Nor do I like the shoulders on the Sharks jerseys.

I do think the yoke works on the Bruins and Oilers sweaters. The Devils shoulders also look good.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:43 AM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 150
I am probably a little rude and off my rocker.. but I would like to see something done different witht he emblem. A new emblem design is in need... and the 3rd emblem is a lot better to c hange things up giving a fresher look. I think we need something else done. We can play with stripes, piping, and color all day.... but it will always looks similar. The logo itself is bland.

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote