HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 1997-born players in NB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2012, 08:42 AM
  #226
Penguins23
Le Magnifique
 
Penguins23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton,NewBrunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,752
vCash: 500
Just curious but why do some people rank Galloway as better if Landry made Major AAA and he is playing Minor AAA?

__________________
.
Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:03 AM
  #227
mrscout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Just curious but why do some people rank Galloway as better if Landry made Major AAA and he is playing Minor AAA?
I'm not going to touch on that one too much since there were some pretty intense discussions earlier on. Let's just say it surprised me when I heard the news. Galloway is in a league of his own and it shouldn't be playing minor.

JMO

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:26 AM
  #228
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Just curious but why do some people rank Galloway as better if Landry made Major AAA and he is playing Minor AAA?
Fair Question.

Galloway has always been condidered the top 97 goalie in many peoples minds in the Moncton pool. Many would agree with this, a few might not but in my mind, i would give the skill advantage to Galloway. I've said this before, Coaches sometimes go on attitude and coachability when they consider two players close in talent.

If we look at the playing time of the goalies on the Flyers, Collette has played 2/3 of the games, or as it is today, 6/8 games (he came in a game vs the Canadiens in the 8-6 win). So for Galloway, he might be better off playing with the Minor team as he will see more shots and probably play more. Not many 1st year goalies make it in MAAA and if they do its limited ice time.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:11 PM
  #229
Canada4Gold1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscout View Post
Beaulieu was not invited to the camp so he is out.
So because he wasn't invited he can't be picked? I was asked to put the names of players I think should be there and he is one of them. How do you know he wasn't picked or just had a reason not to show like Jacob or Belec? Also, I'd like to here from someone why he wasn't picked if that's the case because more than half of the forward players that attended camp aren't at the same level that he is?

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
  #230
mrscout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
This is how it was explained to me and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Leading up to provincials each team had to submit several names to HNB. From those names HNB would decide who was going to attend the camp based on their performance. The reponses I have had from the North basically say that he does a whole lot of skating and a whole lot of nothing else. Personally I think he has good wheels. I have also heard about some attitude issue's but I'm not getting into details on an open forum especially when it came from several 3rd parties. But if what I've heard is true I wouldn't touch him either. However, Miramichi seems to be pleased so far from what I'm told. He didn't get past the top 40 for the U14 either.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:17 PM
  #231
Canada4Gold1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
I've seen a lot of those kids named on other peoples list with attitude issues so even if they were true which I agree shouldn't be talked about on here that really shouldn't decide whether he was invited or not. Also, if what you heard and correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding of what you put is that HNB only scouts them at provincials than that's a terrible way. Players can have off games so basing who you invite to camp in a weekend of 2-3 games isn't the way to do it. Yes, he made it to the top 40 at U14 and didn't make it from there. Basing on previous years is a bad thing since players do improve.


Last edited by Canada4Gold1: 10-25-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:29 PM
  #232
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
I've seen a lot of those kids named on other peoples list with attitude issues so even if they were true which I agree shouldn't be talked about on here that really shouldn't decide whether he was invited or not. Also, if what you heard and correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding of what you put is that HNB only scouts them at provincials than that's a terrible way. Players can have off games so basing who you invite to camp in a weekend of 2-3 games isn't the way to do it. Yes, he made it to the top 40 at U14 and didn't make it from there. Also, at U15 last year I hear some of the player's letters got mixed up about who got cut and who actually made top 40 but that was just word of mouth when I was there that week. Basing on previous years is a bad thing since players do improve.
I dont know about all the off ice stuff you guys mention here but I will agree that Beaulieu is better than most seem to give him credit for. I guess now that he's playing for the Rivermen he will finally get his chance to prove his doubters wrong.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 02:33 PM
  #233
Canada4Gold1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if Tompkins is out with an injury? You guys mentioned that he got hurt last weekend and could be gone for a while.

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
  #234
hockey jockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Fair Question.

Galloway has always been condidered the top 97 goalie in many peoples minds in the Moncton pool. Many would agree with this, a few might not but in my mind, i would give the skill advantage to Galloway. I've said this before, Coaches sometimes go on attitude and coachability when they consider two players close in talent.

If we look at the playing time of the goalies on the Flyers, Collette has played 2/3 of the games, or as it is today, 6/8 games (he came in a game vs the Canadiens in the 8-6 win). So for Galloway, he might be better off playing with the Minor team as he will see more shots and probably play more. Not many 1st year goalies make it in MAAA and if they do its limited ice time.
If that is how the goaltending duties will be split in Moncton Galloway is better off in Midget Minor, if he gets even playing time, except for Fredericton the league is not bad it is much better than High School just due to the amount of games they will play.

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:56 PM
  #235
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
Does anyone know if Tompkins is out with an injury? You guys mentioned that he got hurt last weekend and could be gone for a while.
I heard he broke his collar bone on Sunday but he was in the line up tonight on the league website... anyone at the game?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:10 AM
  #236
mrscout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
I've seen a lot of those kids named on other peoples list with attitude issues so even if they were true which I agree shouldn't be talked about on here that really shouldn't decide whether he was invited or not. Also, if what you heard and correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding of what you put is that HNB only scouts them at provincials than that's a terrible way. Players can have off games so basing who you invite to camp in a weekend of 2-3 games isn't the way to do it. Yes, he made it to the top 40 at U14 and didn't make it from there. Basing on previous years is a bad thing since players do improve.
Oh sorry about that, I meant he didn't make it to the top 40 with the U15.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:30 AM
  #237
mrscout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
I heard he broke his collar bone on Sunday but he was in the line up tonight on the league website... anyone at the game?
Yes I was there, he was not playing, he will be out for at least 6 weeks with a broken collar bone from what I was told.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 07:47 AM
  #238
hockey jockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Any word on Alex Jacob I heard he would be back middle of October?

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 01:55 PM
  #239
Canada4Gold1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
I was told Jacob was trying to be back early December or late November. It wouldn't surprise me if he tries to make it out for the Moncton Tournament in 3 weeks.

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:45 PM
  #240
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Watched the Fredericton - Moncton game today. Fredericton really missing Tompkins, they didn't look as sharp as the last time these two met. Canadiens pushed hard in the first and second but couldn't convert anything. Belec stripped Vance for the third goal against that seemed to put a cap on any Canadiens third period push.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 09:17 AM
  #241
Dogpound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
also saw Fredericton play this weekend, and Luc Deschenes is so lazy. Looks like he is relying on his reputation. If the kid wants to go anywhere he is going to have to get a work ethic and look a little more interested on the ice. Gets caught flat footed a lot and goes for big hits and takes himself out of the play. Big strong kid but definitely not the star that everyone use to think he was.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:27 AM
  #242
Penguins23
Le Magnifique
 
Penguins23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton,NewBrunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,752
vCash: 500
Alex Collette is having an amazing season statistically. Is the Moncton defense that strong?

Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
  #243
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Alex Collette is having an amazing season statistically. Is the Moncton defense that strong?
I would say Moncton's defense is good/average, but Collette is outstanding. Some of the Flyers games have been high scoring, and Collette hasn't been in net for those games, same defense core in front of both goalies. Not throwing Landry under the bus, but Collette can make the difference in the game.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 05:07 PM
  #244
hockey jockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
also saw Fredericton play this weekend, and Luc Deschenes is so lazy. Looks like he is relying on his reputation. If the kid wants to go anywhere he is going to have to get a work ethic and look a little more interested on the ice. Gets caught flat footed a lot and goes for big hits and takes himself out of the play. Big strong kid but definitely not the star that everyone use to think he was.
I will say this as I always do when talking about Deschene I am not sold on his ability as of yet , but saying that he is a very good talent that needs to improve on lots of aspects of his game, like every 15 year old, in saying that I have not seen to many 16 or 17 year old D men that are any better than he is in the league, lets see how he developes this year, I will agree he is no 1st round NHL pick.

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:53 AM
  #245
PG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
If you go over their roster from last year, besides Dallaire and Macdonald, there is Julien Belliveau who I believe is with the Dieppe Commandos and there goalie Vincint Charest who is also With the commandos, Thomas Mansbridge is also eligable to return, not sure where he is. And Stephen Johnson was also eligable to return but he is with Wildcats obviously
Thomas Mansbridge was drafted 3rd Round by Amherst and an invite to the Wildcats. When he did not make Moncton, he chose to move to Ontario with his family to finish high school and is playing Junior with the Metcalfe Jets....Is on the Cats 50 man protected list

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:25 AM
  #246
hockey4life13
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
also saw Fredericton play this weekend, and Luc Deschenes is so lazy. Looks like he is relying on his reputation. If the kid wants to go anywhere he is going to have to get a work ethic and look a little more interested on the ice. Gets caught flat footed a lot and goes for big hits and takes himself out of the play. Big strong kid but definitely not the star that everyone use to think he was.
Dogpound , It is very clear that you are either a young Moncton player or one of the Moncton father's with a very negative attitude. I hope it's the first as age may excuse your inaccurate and inappropriate bashing of a 15 year old. Do you honestly think a Midget AAA coach who's coached the team for 27 years and scouted for an NHL team would give Deschenes an "A" as a 15 year old if he was lazy and had no work ethic ? I don't think so.

hockey4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 03:17 PM
  #247
hockey jockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Alex Collette is having an amazing season statistically. Is the Moncton defense that strong?
I would say goaltending and offence is the key to Moncton's dominance so far , I think they average about 30 SA per game ,there best D man Eagle is injured and then you have Poirier , Goguen , Crossman, after that they are not very strong on the back end.

JMO

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:36 PM
  #248
Hockey master
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Can someone give me an update on Tingley, Conrad and Downey?

Hockey master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:10 AM
  #249
Canada4Gold1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
I've never been to a Midget Minor game yet since it isn't as good as Major but Conrad is leading the league with 9 points in 2 games, Tingley has 2 goals and 0 assists in 2 games, and Downey has 0 points in 2 games as well. Keep in mind that the Minor site isn't updated as fast as Major either because I see that the last 2 weeks of games haven't had there scores posted.

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:35 AM
  #250
Dogpound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4life13 View Post
Dogpound , It is very clear that you are either a young Moncton player or one of the Moncton father's with a very negative attitude. I hope it's the first as age may excuse your inaccurate and inappropriate bashing of a 15 year old. Do you honestly think a Midget AAA coach who's coached the team for 27 years and scouted for an NHL team would give Deschenes an "A" as a 15 year old if he was lazy and had no work ethic ? I don't think so.
Sorry if i hit a nerve with you hockey4life13. I am definitely not a young moncton player or a father. Just becuase someone gets an A on his Jersey does not mean he is a leader or have a good attitude especially in Midget hockey. NHL a different story. I was not bashing Deschenes i was simply stating what i thought it looked like when i saw him play. For someone who was so highly rated and talked about i was kinda dissapointed when i saw him play. I also saw him play last year at the atlantic challenge cup and he was very dissapointing there as well. Took a lot of undisciplined penalties and got burned quite a bit going for a big hit. He is still a very good hockey player for 15 years old but has a lot of work to do and has to stop relying on his reputation and be the dominate player he should be. As of right now he is definitely not ready to play Major Junior hockey as a 16 year old next year.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.