HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR/ANA -- Bobby Ryan

Old
01-21-2012, 01:37 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

vCash: 500
Wrong thread

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Because our GM said if he were trading a core piece (Ryan) he would only move him for a core piece in return. Dubinsky is a nice player, but he not a core player. Same with Sauer. Miller is a good prosect, but we are stacked with winger prospects. MZA is not really wanted or needed, and the picks are pics.

We need a core piece coming back, meaning more quality and less quantity.
Just an FYI, but Miller is playing at center in Plymouth, and the Rangers have him billed as a center at the pro level as well.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:44 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Lot of scraps for a player like Ryan.

I don't understand why people think they'll get ANY player of Ryans' caliber (yet alone one signed long term at a good cap hit, increasing his value significantly) for a deal like this.

Any deal with NYR for Ryan would involve:

Dubinsky- Even if Ducks don't want him, NYR would need him going other way to open up a roster spot
Thomas + 1st/Kreider- Great player returns a great prospect. Not Ryan Bourque who isn't impressing in his first year in the AHL at all. Not MZA who lost his spot on the team this offseason, not Stu Bickel who's played a grand total of 10 NHL games. Blue-chip prospects go the other way.

Likely to be one more piece, Anisimov or a defenseman depending on ANA's needs.

Dubinsky, Thomas, Anisimov, 1st
Dubinsky, Kreider, Anisimov

And truth is, for a player signed until July 2015, that may even be too little. Ryan isn't a rental, Ducks won't get a rental's return for him. Price will be steep. If NYR isn't willing to give up the pieces (I don't think they should as a team competing for the cup will get more bang for the buck looking at upcoming UFA's), its not like the Ducks are going to lose Ryan for nothing. His value doesn't diminish come trade day, come next year's deadline.
Well then, this trade is DEAD.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:52 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Well then, this trade is DEAD.
Was it ever ALIVE?

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:10 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You guys need to stop tossing Visnovsky in. He's not a cheap add in.
Well neither is Staal. an elite stay at home D, which you guys really need. You don't need PMD... Also, Visnovsky is 35 years old while Staal is 25. 10 years of future for a 35 year old.

Staal, Anisimov/Dubinsky, Wolski (capdump, UFA after this season) + this summers 1st rounder for Ryan, Visnovsky + 2nd would be a fair trade.

Ducks gets a C that can play just as good as LW for their top 6 (Both Dubi and AA fits the bill) and you get an elite stay at home D (which you don't have alot of. Stay at home D that is). + a 1st rounder.

Rangers gets a sniper in Ryan and a D guy that can help us in the playoff. Visnovsky would be nice to have on our PP.

You're getting future players and losing 1 future player in Ryan while giving up a 35 year old you really don't need since you probably won't make the playoff this year. And our mid 20 1st rounder would fetch you a good prospect which would help you guys in the future (or u could package that 1st pick for a higher 1st rounder in this summers draft, which is deep btw).

Last edited by RyanCallahan24*: 01-23-2012 at 01:24 PM.
RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:15 PM
master4071

I'm pretty sure that Ducks won't trade Ryan before trade deadline, forget about him...Bobby is fantastic for us in last games...I can imagine that we will trade Lubo...Anisimov + Sauer is my proposal...

master4071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

I doubt NYR gets Ryan with out moving Staal.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:23 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
PLEASE post a thread with these trades, I just got a new 6 pack of popcorn from the store and could use some entertainment to go with it.
Haha all of us Rangers fan don't agree with his proposals. With Kreider coming up and Parise might be a free agent after this season I wouldn't gut our defensive core for Hall, no matter how good he might be... We're a top contender this season. Why would we trade 2 important defensemen + 1st + 2nd and 3rd for Hall?

PASS!

Old
01-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
You're getting future players and losing 1 future player in Ryan while giving up a 35 year old you really don't need since you probably won't make the playoff this year. And our mid 20 1st rounder would fetch you a good prospect which would help you guys in the future (or u could package that 1st pick for a higher 1st rounder in this summers draft, which is deep btw).
No thanks. We still pass.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Gluten Free

rangers can keep their role players n prospects. ducks will happily keep their 24 yr old power forward whos going to put up 30 goals for the 4TH straight season

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
rangers can keep their role players n prospects. ducks will happily keep their 24 yr old power forward whos going to put up 30 goals for the 4TH straight season
We'll keep rolling with Koivu as well. He's the better option this season and next. He also won't cost us a 1st liner.

Old
01-23-2012, 01:45 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
No thanks. We still pass.
Okay cool, I think that your GM would accept that irl. But no one knows since that offer hasn't been offered and we're clearly not the GM's of Ducks/Rangers.

With that said what do you think you would get for Ryan? Let's play with the thought he was on the shopping block.

People don't wanna get robbed so they won't offer Staal+Girardi+Kreider+Erixon+Stepan+McDonagh+1st for Ryan and Visnovsky... Be realistic or don't respond since there is no point if you think you will fleece someone. Irl teams look for even trades and they put the future into consideration. They don't offer like one of the leagues best prospects (Kreider) + 1st+ Staal+McDonagh for 1 player (Ryan).

That would NEVER happen IRL. Just so you know. Oh well I could offer you our whole team and you'd probably say no... No point in arguing with someone who isn't open for potential (REALISTIC) trade propsals on a forum. Have a good one .

Old
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Okay cool, I think that your GM would accept that irl. But no one knows since that offer hasn't been offered and we're clearly not the GM's of Ducks/Rangers.

With that said what do you think you would get for Ryan? Let's play with the thought he was on the shopping block.

People don't wanna get robbed so they won't offer Staal+Girardi+Kreider+Erixon+Stepan+McDonagh+1st for Ryan and Visnovsky... Be realistic or don't respond since there is no point if you think you will fleece someone. Irl teams look for even trades and they put the future into consideration. They don't offer like one of the leagues best prospects (Kreider) + 1st+ Staal+McDonagh for 1 player (Ryan).

That would NEVER happen IRL. Just so you know. Oh well I could offer you our whole team and you'd probably say no... No point in arguing with someone who isn't open for potential (REALISTIC) trade propsals on a forum. Have a good one .
We'll stick with the RPG line. Thanks for the offer.

Old
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Gluten Free

Quote:

if rangers want Ryan a CORE player has to come back like Staal, Mcdonagh or Stepan. if Rangers dont wanna do it then we're wasting our time. ducks will not be trading a top player for role players, picks, prospects. infact its pretty doubtful Ryan goes anywhere til draft at the earliest

Old
01-23-2012, 01:58 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
if rangers want Ryan a CORE player has to come back like Staal, Mcdonagh or Stepan. if Rangers dont wanna do it then we're wasting our time. ducks will not be trading a top player for role players, picks, prospects. infact its pretty doubtful Ryan goes anywhere til draft at the earliest
He did have a core player...
It was Staal+Dubs/Ani+Wolski+1st for Visnovsky+Ryan

ChrisKreider20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
With our blue line locked in for the near future, I'd say Stepan has to anchor the deal. If they want Lubo as well, then they can add MDZ. We aren't Carolina. Talk to them if you want cheaper solutions. We're winning, yo.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Selanne138

Quote:

One of Staal/McDonagh/Girardi, One of, Anisimov/Dubinsky + Pick/Prospect, is what I would imagine Murray would ask for Ryan only, seeing as that is that was reported as his asking price for Ryan when he was being shopped earlier. Just my speculation of what Bob would ask for.

FYI, Wolski is negative value for Anaheim. Does not really fill a role in Anaheim, is overpaid, and is still an RFA at the end of the season I believe. Lubo also has more value to us than his market value. He is under contract next year for just 3 million in salary, making him more valuable to a budget team like Anaheim than a cap team like NYR. I would peg Lubos value at 1st+Top, but not elite prospect if he was moved, but I think its Lydman that will get moved.

We're asking for overpayments for these players, because we are not in a rebuilding mode, so it would take core players, (which I think Staal is) to move them. Staal+Anisimov is a decent starting block. But the Wolski+Late 1st part isnt enough added on to get both Ryan and Lubo in my opinion.

Staal+Anisimov+Wolski+Erixon

For

Ryan+Visnovsky+Schofield

Maybe something like that?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
With our blue line locked in for the near future, I'd say Stepan has to anchor the deal. If they want Lubo as well, then they can add MDZ. We aren't Carolina. Talk to them if you want cheaper solutions. We're winning, yo.
Wait... So you want Stepan, Del Zotto plus my original offer which included Staal, Dubi/Anisimov +1st?

Old
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:

For

Ryan+Visnovsky+Schofield

Why is Anisimov and Staal worth losing Ryan and Lubo for? How significant of an upgrade do you think Anisimov is over Koivu?

Old
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Wait... So you want Stepan, Del Zotto plus my original offer which included Staal, Dubi/Anisimov +1st?
No.

Stepan, MDZ, Kreider, 1st for Ryan and Lubo

Old
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Why is Anisimov and Staal worth losing Ryan and Lubo for? How significant of an upgrade do you think Anisimov is over Koivu?
Fowler, Staal, Beauchemin, Sbisa, Erixon is an amazing core to build around.

I wouldnt make this trade now, but if we were out of it at the deadline I think thats great value. We get one of the top shutdown guys in the NHL, IMO, plus we get a future #2C, and a nice puckmoving prospect who is NHL ready.

Right now hes not an upgrade, and if we continue on our tear, I dont make the trade. But if we cool off, then I like this trade for our future, maybe another asset coming to Anaheim though.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:13 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Gluten Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
He did have a core player...
It was Staal+Dubs/Ani+Wolski+1st for Visnovsky+Ryan
trying to slide wolski and visnovski in there wont work for the ducks. visnovski=cheap top pair D next year. ducks will not be paying wolski to suck either...

Old
01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Fowler, Staal, Beauchemin, Sbisa, Erixon is an amazing core to build around.

I wouldnt make this trade now, but if we were out of it at the deadline I think thats great value. We get one of the top shutdown guys in the NHL, IMO, plus we get a future #2C, and a nice puckmoving prospect who is NHL ready.

Right now hes not an upgrade, and if we continue on our tear, I dont make the trade. But if we cool off, then I like this trade for our future.
Staal just missed half of a season with a concussion. That doesn't send up any warning flags? Like you don't even think that we should wait and see how he fairs for the remainder of the season before even considering?

Also, Fowler is not ready to take over the top pairing.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:15 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
One of Staal/McDonagh/Girardi, One of, Anisimov/Dubinsky + Pick/Prospect, is what I would imagine Murray would ask for Ryan only, seeing as that is that was reported as his asking price for Ryan when he was being shopped earlier. Just my speculation of what Bob would ask for.

FYI, Wolski is negative value for Anaheim. Does not really fill a role in Anaheim, is overpaid, and is still an RFA at the end of the season I believe. Lubo also has more value to us than his market value. He is under contract next year for just 3 million in salary, making him more valuable to a budget team like Anaheim than a cap team like NYR. I would peg Lubos value at 1st+Top, but not elite prospect if he was moved, but I think its Lydman that will get moved.

We're asking for overpayments for these players, because we are not in a rebuilding mode, so it would take core players, (which I think Staal is) to move them. Staal+Anisimov is a decent starting block. But the Wolski+Late 1st part isnt enough added on to get both Ryan and Lubo in my opinion.

For

Ryan+Visnovsky+Schofield

Basically the same thing I offered but you added Erixon and Schofield. Throw in a 2nd rounder if you want Erixon to be a part of the deal.

Staal has more value than Visnovsky. Both are elite but Staal is younger and Staal would fill a gap in your defence. You got PMD like Fowler etc. You don't have young elite shutdown defensemen like Staal though. Not in your prospect pool either.

Anisimov is a good C/LW, top 6. Not as good as Ryan. And Erixon is a future top 2 defensive pairing if everything goes like it's supposed to.

Edit: scratch that... Just looked Schofield up, not that impressing... do not want him. Almost 25 years old C that has put up 10 points in 39 AHL games this season for a top prospect in Erixon. No thanks...

Staal + Anisimov + 1st + 2nd for Ryan + Visnovsky? Quite similar. I throwed in a 2nd instead of Erixon since he's worth ALOT.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:19 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
trying to slide wolski and visnovski in there wont work for the ducks. visnovski=cheap top pair D next year. ducks will not be paying wolski to suck either...
Well half the season is over so we've paid most of his salary already and next season you don't have to resign him.

Yeah but there's something called a caphit. Visnovsky's is quite high and we would have BIIIIIIIIG problems getting him and Ryan on the roster at the same time if you don't take a rental that has got some skills just 'til the end of this season.