HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn drops a money bomb

Old
01-22-2012, 10:07 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofpig View Post
examples please. i would like to think we could send him to playoff team for a good pick knowing he would come back
Blues used to do it yearly with Tkachuk and Guerin.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I want Radulov...I like to keep AK too....

I think they could be a force ..
Me too. I like AK, but we have to give something for Radulov.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
He wants to stay for a little less money that he could get as a UFA July 1st, great! Prove it now. Give him 3 years at 3.5M per year to sign now. If not, trade him before deadline but please do not lose him for nothing. This guy as some value for playoffs teams looking for scoring like LA or Chicago or Nashville (package him for Radolov's rights )
Radulov's rights are worth a late first, and, since Nashville has never been higher on AK46 than now, maybe Kostitsyn is worth Radulov straight-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
AK has played the best defensive hockey of his career since his brother was traded. He seems a lot more relaxed out there.

I get the novelty of putting families together because they are familiar with each other - I mean I'd love to see Mads Eller and the other Subbans on the Habs. But the Kostitsyn brothers seem to have opposite personalities.
And then the roster would look like this once both Mads and the other Subbans make the Habs:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Leblanc
XXX-Plekanec-XXX
XXX-L. Eller-M.Eller
XXX-XXX-XXX

Tinordi-P.K. Subban
Beaulieu-J. Subban
XXX-XXX
Marselis Subban

Price
Malcolm Subban

(XXX means that the spot may vary)

And I bet Flyers and Leafs fans both want the Schenns together, just like, apparently, the Wild may want the Koivus together.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Et le But

Quote:
actually it's a good time right now to sign him..

he is on pace for 38 pts, which is a good thing in a contact year.
He and Martin wasn't feeling one another ...
He still goona get us 20 goals.

Better than looking at 60 pt season in the face trying to deal on money.

Just sign his name on the line now please.
You being positive about a Habs player?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Radulov's rights are worth a late first, and, since Nashville has never been higher on AK46 than now, maybe Kostitsyn is worth Radulov straight-up.

And then the roster would look like this once both Mads and the other Subbans make the Habs:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Leblanc
XXX-Plekanec-XXX
XXX-L. Eller-M.Eller
XXX-XXX-XXX

Tinordi-P.K. Subban
Beaulieu-J. Subban
XXX-XXX
Marselis Subban

Price
Malcolm Subban

(XXX means that the spot may vary)

And I bet Flyers and Leafs fans both want the Schenns together, just like, apparently, the Wild may want the Koivus together.
Honestly, I have no clue what value Radolov's rights might be worth? No clue at all? But a pending UFA AK is probably not enough.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Honestly, SK had no value when we traded him.
All young prospects have no value when traded by Montreal, but on most part become valuable for their new teams. Someone in organization has to give the answers why so.
Funny thing I was just watching NHL highlights ans saw Sergei scoring beautiful goal y-day. Even more weird is how he has more goals then Andrei for a second consecutive year. I always thought SK is more of playmaker and AK is more of a finisher....
Also Chicago need firepower for PO? I don't think so.
Back to the topic. Ship Andrei to LA I'm sure some francophones could be found on LA roster

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
All young prospects have no value when traded by Montreal, but on most part become valuable for their new teams. Someone in organization has to give the answers why so.
Funny thing I was just watching NHL highlights ans saw Sergei scoring beautiful goal y-day. Even more weird is how he has more goals then Andrei for a second consecutive year. I always thought SK is more of playmaker and AK is more of a finisher....
Also Chicago need firepower for PO? I don't think so.
Back to the topic. Ship Andrei to LA I'm sure some francophones could be found on LA roster
SK has an unusually high S% this season.

And AK could use some more PP time. He's 12th on the team for TOI/PP and he's tied for 3rd in goals scored on the PP.

Something doesn't make much sense there.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
SK has an unusually high S% this season.
He was #1 in a League for S% last year FYI

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
He was #1 in a League for S% last year FYI
Didn't see that. Guess he only takes great shots and doesn't miss.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You being positive about a Habs player?
I do like the players..lol
Even one 4th liner.
Warming up to Blunden hoping he turns into a 6'4 Steven Begin, taking Darche's spot .
Adding in 2 more rougher customers on line 4 asap,with some touch around net ...

PG is the one i like to see traded.

It would take alot for me to change my mind on him....not even sure if landing Ovy8 to Mtl would do it now.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-22-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
I do like the players..lol
Even one 4th liner.
Warming up to Blunden hoping he turns into a 6'4 Steven Begin, taking Darche's spot .
Adding in 2 more rougher customers on line 4 asap,with some touch around net ...

PG is the one i like to see traded.

It would take alot for me to change my mind on him....not even sure if landing Ovy8 to Mtl would do it now.
Blunden is a good 4th liner who was persecuted under Jacques Martin's regime. He's IMO in tight against White... But I like the kid, because he plays 100% honest every time out

When White comes back from injury, I find it hard to keep him in the line up... Unless they plan on attempting White @ #4 Center.

we have a lot of middle weight toughness now in the forward position... I do like the changes since the Camm deal. IMO it puts our size issue to rest. We have size now, and a team that has the ability to be tenacious on the forecheck.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:38 PM
habsjunkie2*

A player willing to take a discount to play in a city most wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. I was already an AK fan. Love him even more now.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Pleky Roks

That's what you call loyalty!! He knows he hasn't been the best player he can be and he knows the Habs have put a lot of time and effort into him. He obviously loves it in Montreal and doesn't want to leave....so why let him go??

He's big and physical and has incredible talent when he gets more icetime and gains more confidence. He's a great 2nd line player IMO.

The Habs should re-sign him for 4 years at $3.5 per season!!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:01 PM
AntonCH

5 yrs at 16.5 total, but no nmc or ntc

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Pleky Roks

If the Habs attempt to find a way to keep Darche over Kostitsyn....I will never cheer for the Habs again!!!

Darche is useless and has to go!! We have better players who are younger and more skilled than him.....time to use them!

Old
01-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
WHO CARES ABOUT RADULOV???

We know what Kostitsyn is, we know what to expect from him and the guy wants to stay a Hab....lock him up!!!

Old
01-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Just looking at your list again, just about every player with a higher GPG average has much more average ice time, much more PP time, is mostly on the 1st and 2nd line and has not been limited by the ultra conservative Jacques Martin.
Quite true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
We need a washing machine... I miss the one we traded to get Laraque.
Hold out for a fax machine. Staples is desperate to make the playoffs and looking to make a deal.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Habitants

10 million for 3 years. done.

or
12million for 4 years, but i am not the biggest fan of long contract due to player complacency.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:00 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
Kostitsyn has about 95 goals in 4.5 full season with the Habs. In fact, he's only had one season below 20 goals in the last five (and he's on pace for 20 this year). That is good consistent production that comes at a reasonable price. He has size - lowered the boom nicely on Lucic - he can skate, he can score. He might not pot 40 but for 3.5 mil or less, what do you want?
It is called depth, AKost and Bourque are both very capable wingers that can step up to the top lines if needed. This is the kind of depth you need if you ever hope on getting deep in the playoffs, you need legitimate threats on every line.

No reason to move either of them but some people have this brain dead obsession with "new and shiny!"

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It is called depth, AKost and Bourque are both very capable wingers that can step up to the top lines if needed. This is the kind of depth you need if you ever hope on getting deep in the playoffs, you need legitimate threats on every line.

No reason to move either of them but some people have this brain dead obsession with "new and shiny!"

Exactly!!!!

If you look at the Bruins lineup....they don't have any big superstar players...except maybe Chara.

IMO the Bruins have three 2nd lines and a 3rd line. They have no superstars that do all the scoring, they have 3 solid lines of good players who all chip in....and even their 4th line is better than most teams 4th lines. The Bruins have size and toughness all through their lineup....but they can all score when called upon. They are a team. A united team that believes in working hard, playing hard and playing as a team. They all bought into the coaches system and they have shown it works for them.

You don't need 1 or 2 massive superstar players. You need a group of players that play to the best of their ability and support their teammates and listen to what the coach is telling them. That is all that the Bruins have and its lead them to a Stanley Cup.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:54 PM
gillyguzzler

I think it's going to take 13M over 3 years to get him signed before the trade deadline. His agent isn't stupid. He doesn't listen to Benny Brunet and his blind sheep.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Undertakerqc

Trade hime already if he as any value. The Habs should not give him a long term contract cause he will sit on it and do nothing has we know how lazy he is.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Trade hime already if he as any value. The Habs should not give him a long term contract cause he will sit on it and do nothing has we know how lazy he is.
When did he sit on his contract? Dont use "we" when you say stupid stuff like that. Dont insult us.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:20 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
5 yrs at 16.5 total, but no nmc or ntc
Maybe he will finally be able to give an interview in English in 5 years...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:22 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Exactly!!!!

If you look at the Bruins lineup....they don't have any big superstar players...except maybe Chara.

IMO the Bruins have three 2nd lines and a 3rd line. They have no superstars that do all the scoring, they have 3 solid lines of good players who all chip in....and even their 4th line is better than most teams 4th lines. The Bruins have size and toughness all through their lineup....but they can all score when called upon. They are a team. A united team that believes in working hard, playing hard and playing as a team. They all bought into the coaches system and they have shown it works for them.

You don't need 1 or 2 massive superstar players. You need a group of players that play to the best of their ability and support their teammates and listen to what the coach is telling them. That is all that the Bruins have and its lead them to a Stanley Cup.
What about Tim Thomas ? And now Rask ? Thomas is now a bonafide superstar.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote