HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Apparel

Old
01-27-2012, 07:53 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
It's sewn. I wasn't trying to brag or top anything. Just tossing it out there for those in the area is all.
That's cool - I'm treating this as sort of an investment. Next to a pair of boots and a coat, this will be the most expensive clothing item i'll have - so I'm exploring all nooks and crannies to get the best deal on the thing.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:32 PM
BADofSmashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
That's cool - I'm treating this as sort of an investment. Next to a pair of boots and a coat, this will be the most expensive clothing item i'll have - so I'm exploring all nooks and crannies to get the best deal on the thing.
I refuse to tell anyone in my family how much I'm spending... I'll never hear the end of it if I did. When it comes down too it, if you take the obsessed fan out of me.The bottom line 165$ for a "sweatshirt" (essentially what it is) is insane. Honestly though I am going through sportsk, but if a chinese wholesale ever popped up that made a (close, but still wrong jersey) I would do it in a heart beat. I'm a college student with 2 kids and a wife.... I am captain conservative with money, but then again I am the obsessed Preds fan too..FML

BADofSmashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:54 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADofSmashville View Post
I refuse to tell anyone in my family how much I'm spending... I'll never hear the end of it if I did. When it comes down too it, if you take the obsessed fan out of me.The bottom line 165$ for a "sweatshirt" (essentially what it is) is insane. Honestly though I am going through sportsk, but if a chinese wholesale ever popped up that made a (close, but still wrong jersey) I would do it in a heart beat. I'm a college student with 2 kids and a wife.... I am captain conservative with money, but then again I am the obsessed Preds fan too..FML
Watch Meigray for sales. I've picked up a game worn blue jersey for under $165 shipped. Sportsk is a great site for replicas, but with some patience and watching it is possible to get authentics and team issued shirts cheap ... it will just take a while for the new golds to hit the sales.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 10:29 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Please don't go Chinese.. they're so awful.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Preds311

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post

Yeah, they are such an eyesore to see at Bridgestone. You can spot one a mile away, and you can tell they got their color schemes straight out of NHL 12.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:17 AM
BADofSmashville

Quote:
No worries, I am putting in my order to sportsk thursday, I'm gonna go ahead and get the McGrattan jersey and hope for the best that he stays in Smashville. That was my rant earlier, I just think its crazy to spend 170 dollars on a jersey, but I'm going to anyway so must not be to crazy.

BADofSmashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:20 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADofSmashville View Post
No worries, I am putting in my order to sportsk thursday, I'm gonna go ahead and get the McGrattan jersey and hope for the best that he stays in Smashville. That was my rant earlier, I just think its crazy to spend 170 dollars on a jersey, but I'm going to anyway so must not be to crazy.
Oh ... it's still crazy.

Old
01-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I concur with all of those saying the Chinese knock off gold jerseys are AWFUL!!!

The gold color is pretty good, but the navy portion is royal blue at best and virtually purple on others!!! They stick out like the eyesore they are from across the arena when you see them.

If you can't afford an authentic or legitimate replica jersey use your money instead to buy a player jersey t-shirt or two in the meantime. They look better and you can wear them more often.

Just my two cents...

Personally, I got my new gold jersey as part of my 2/20 ticket package. I haven't gotten it customized yet and also haven't purchased new logo merchandise yet because I'm still saving every dime for my trip to Boston in a couple of weeks. I have my eye on several items though to save for after I get back though!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 01:46 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I was hoping to be able to go to Boston for the game, but it looks like school/life are going to take over there. Not enough money. Not enough time. Not enough people to join me.

Have fun up there!

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I was hoping to be able to go to Boston for the game, but it looks like school/life are going to take over there. Not enough money. Not enough time. Not enough people to join me.

Have fun up there!
Oh, I will!

Sticking around a couple extra days to see the Beanpot consolation and championship games on Monday as well!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:05 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Oh, I will!

Sticking around a couple extra days to see the Beanpot consolation and championship games on Monday as well!
And skipping out on coaching duties as well

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 01:38 AM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Digging this back up....Apparently, my fiance was going to surprise me with a new Rinne jersey from sportsk.com. She got nervous because it she hadn't received it and told me. For those of you that are thinking of buying from them, be ready for a long wait. Its been 6 weeks since she ordered it and when we emailed them they said that the Predators numbers were really hard to get. It will probably hit the 7 week mark before I actually get the jersey.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:48 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
Digging this back up....Apparently, my fiance was going to surprise me with a new Rinne jersey from sportsk.com. She got nervous because it she hadn't received it and told me. For those of you that are thinking of buying from them, be ready for a long wait. Its been 6 weeks since she ordered it and when we emailed them they said that the Predators numbers were really hard to get. It will probably hit the 7 week mark before I actually get the jersey.
I ordered a child's version for one of my grandsons and had it personalized by them. I think the whole thing took two weeks, maybe three. Pretty quick I thought.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:13 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

Quote:
That sucks ballz

Check out seller pat615clowns on ebay. I got my sewn Weber, gold jersey with "C" and fightstrap for 90$ and picked it up in Antioch. I love it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Shea-Web...item3cc4dda1b5

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:26 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Timing is everything sometimes. The numbers the Preds use are sublimated to look like multi-layer twill with the "guitar string" effect and nobody else uses them. A few years ago the customizing shop could just cut a few pieces of twill and make the numbers.

sportsk does good work. At least you won't have one of those atrocious knockoffs.

Old
04-12-2012, 05:01 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

Look at this beauty Meigray has...

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...4541&scId=4541

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 05:07 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cju1979 View Post
Amazingly, all of the Preds and Ads Finley shirts somehow sold.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:02 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Quote:
Worth the wait, SportsK does it right.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:45 PM
MillerTime2181

Hey was hoping you guys could help me with a jersey question. I ordered a Rinne jersey from IceJerseys. It just came in. However, only the white layer of the numbers is sewn, the yellow and navy of the numbers are like a part of the white. Is that supposed to be that way? OR is a seperate layer of navy supposed to be sewn to a seperate layer of yellow and then sewn to the white and then the jersey? Also, the "Rinne" is "part" of the nameplate. Shouldn't Rinne be sewn to the nameplate and then the nameplate be sewn to the jersey? Or is this how Predators jerseys are? Thanks.

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Hey was hoping you guys could help me with a jersey question. I ordered a Rinne jersey from IceJerseys. It just came in. However, only the white layer of the numbers is sewn, the yellow and navy of the numbers are like a part of the white. Is that supposed to be that way? OR is a seperate layer of navy supposed to be sewn to a seperate layer of yellow and then sewn to the white and then the jersey? Also, the "Rinne" is "part" of the nameplate. Shouldn't Rinne be sewn to the nameplate and then the nameplate be sewn to the jersey? Or is this how Predators jerseys are? Thanks.
The Preds have used sublimated numbers and nameplates since about 08-09. My 08-09 Smithson gamer has the same features you describe ... right down to sublimated "stitches" on the numbers to simulate the multi-layer look.

The last year of multi-layer twill numbers and sewn letters on the nameplates was either 06-07 or 07-08. I haven't picked up an 07-08 to verify yet, but the 06-07 hanging in a closet does have multi-layer twill numbers and letters individually sewn onto the nameplate.

Old
05-02-2012, 06:37 PM
MillerTime2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The Preds have used sublimated numbers and nameplates since about 08-09. My 08-09 Smithson gamer has the same features you describe ... right down to sublimated "stitches" on the numbers to simulate the multi-layer look.

The last year of multi-layer twill numbers and sewn letters on the nameplates was either 06-07 or 07-08. I haven't picked up an 07-08 to verify yet, but the 06-07 hanging in a closet does have multi-layer twill numbers and letters individually sewn onto the nameplate.
Thank you! Sublimated, that's the word I was looking for haha. Yeah the Numbers/Rinne's name are sublimated on the jersey. I only ask because it's a Reebok Replica but it's a newer model with the word Reebok on the upper back. Just making sure it's supposed to be like that, obviously I cant tell from TV and Icejerseys does a good job with authenticity/stitching. So thanks again I def. like it and hoping the Predators advance far this year. Rinne's awesome!

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:45 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Thank you! Sublimated, that's the word I was looking for haha. Yeah the Numbers/Rinne's name are sublimated on the jersey. I only ask because it's a Reebok Replica but it's a newer model with the word Reebok on the upper back. Just making sure it's supposed to be like that, obviously I cant tell from TV and Icejerseys does a good job with authenticity/stitching. So thanks again I def. like it and hoping the Predators advance far this year. Rinne's awesome!
I'm not a huge fan of the sublimated nameplates and numbers, but, at least we haven't gone as far as most Euro leagues where the numbers aren't even sewn on. The only advantage to them is the ability to do patterns like the guitar strings which would become 3-4 layers thick.

The Portland Pirates did sublimated numbers sewn to the shirt but individual letters sewn to the nameplate in 2010-11. Confirmed that today when my latest jersey arrived ... so it's not just the Preds doing the sublimated number thing.

Old
05-03-2012, 01:42 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
highly recommend SportsK. Very legit.

The chinese knock-offs of the new gold jersey look like a UCLA Hockey jersey, the blue is WAY off.
Ah, so that's why I've seen some jerseys with a much lighter blue color.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:13 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by quoth the Raven View Post
Ah, so that's why I've seen some jerseys with a much lighter blue color.
So few of the knockoffs of any team come close to the proper colors or logos.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Any way to get the Blue third jersey for cheap?

Everywhere I've looked, it is the same price as the new jerseys. Is it because they might come back in the future?

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote