HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaroslav Spacek: "I'm very happy to be gone from that circus in Montreal."

Old
01-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Gagnon likes to assume a lot of things.
He was also assuming every bit of dialogue between Ladouceur and PK on the bench after that mistake/goal.

I'm sure he loved Mtl, and he may be pissed at Gauthier, but I don't see why he'd say that out of frustration. I believe it's simple truth. It's a zoo.
'Cause whether we like it or not, journalists are closer to the team than us armchair fans. Which means that it's not because we don't like a certain journalist that he's always wrong. And frankly, it could have been WAY easier for Gagnon to go on a rant and talk badly about Spacek's comments. He kinda defended him. Though I also know that Gagnon kinda defended his own job and the ones of his friends. Yet, I still believe that the ones who created the zoo is the one traveling right now. And if he thinks the same, well it makes sense that Spacek adds everything to the way he was indeed treated towards the end.

Again though. You do have to wonder. Spacek says something. It's the truth. Latendresse, Lapierre says something....they are full of **** and didn't go with class and so on......

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
'Cause whether we like it or not, journalists are closer to the team than us armchair fans. Which means that it's not because we don't like a certain journalist that he's always wrong. And frankly, it could have been WAY easier for Gagnon to go on a rant and talk badly about Spacek's comments. He kinda defended him. Though I also know that Gagnon kinda defended his own job and the ones of his friends. Yet, I still believe that the ones who created the zoo is the one traveling right now. And if he thinks the same, well it makes sense that Spacek adds everything to the way he was indeed treated towards the end.

Again though. You do have to wonder. Spacek says something. It's the truth. Latendresse, Lapierre says something....they are full of **** and didn't go with class and so on......
Gagnon go on a rant about a player dissing the Habs? When did he ever? He feeds on any type of drama surrounding the habs, so I'm not surprised he ''defended'' Spacek.
All I'm saying is that I don't think Spacek would have not been happy to have left the circus if PG was super upper classy.

Also, Gagnon assumes things because according to him ''he knows Spacek pretty well''. So, instead of actually reading the quotes of Spacek, he tries to spin it as a grudge thing.
What Spacek said is ''that all these trades, the switch behind the bench and the crap with the french coach[...], I'm happy to be away from the montreal circus. It's chaotic''
Sounds to me like he's happy to be away from it. That's all. Doesn't mean he's not bitter about the way he was treated at the moment of his trade. But I think the guy is genuinely happy to be away from this circus.

There's always been a zoo in Mtl whenever things are not going well. It eases off when the team is mediocre, but when the team is just flat out bad, it's the same thing, no matter who the GM.

I had/have no issues with what Lats and Lappy said. Lats was called a baby because he kept talking trash, even a year later. But I never wanted him moved. I thought it was stupid and I was often defending him when other ''experts'' here crapped on him.
Feel bad for him though, his struggles with injuries can't be fun.

I don't remember anybody criticizing Lappy for what he said. He didn't even seem bitter about it.

Last edited by Kriss E: 01-20-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
This thread is but another part of the circus.

If you can't take the heat stay out of Montreal
This is precisely why we are loosing team. It is a circus here, taxes are terrible, why would you want to come here as a UFA when you can play anonymously, and pay a lot less taxes, in Florida, California, or have a chance to win with say Detroit.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Avim86

I don't know what everyone's problem is , I like the circus , quick someone photoshop Jacques Martin with Elephant ears.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:46 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Nice try. But the circus is actually run by the media and the fans.

If Martin had anything to do with it, it's trying to attenuate it.

Yeah right, the media has no effect on the team whatsoever. That same media that can control how an entire population of a country thinks and votes. Get real. Good player and good people would have no problem? Really? You mean PERFECT player and people, right? Because these guys have little margin for error. Good may become bad for a moment and then you're in trouble with all the magnification and the sense of entitlement here. Who are we kidding? Good is not enough here. But keep the self-patting going for how passionate and great a group of fans you are. About Boston, how long have they waited for the Cup again?
Based on your post, Molson should just hold a presser tomorrow and state that he is moving the Canadiens from Montreal to Oklahoma City because the media pressure is too much for millionaire hockey players to bear.

What a copout.

The other laughable part of your post is the meme that the Gauthier fans are now repeating on a consistent basis. That we, the fans who want a Canadiens team to win a Stanley Cup again in our lifetime, are blinded by a "sense of entitlement" and we are out of touch with reality and should become more like YOU and accept never winning the Cup........but still be a fan of management.

Do you realize how dumb that sounds? Wanting a championship is an entitlement? WAKE UP. The Habs havent won one in 18 years and with the handiwork of Gauthier, we will probably need 5 more years to become competitive again just to reach the playoffs.

Incredible.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:30 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
This thread is but another part of the circus.

If you can't take the heat stay out of Montreal
yep dont sign even if they offer you more money than any other team--

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:31 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
This is precisely why we are loosing team. It is a circus here, taxes are terrible, why would you want to come here as a UFA when you can play anonymously, and pay a lot less taxes, in Florida, California, or have a chance to win with say Detroit.
dont-- thats fine-

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:06 AM
tinyzombies

Thanks God we traded him for a guy with a couple more big money years and at least as many chins. I mean, Spacegoat has played an integral part of very good teams when he was honest, but this is not honest.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:39 AM
HabsCowboysOwn
Habs-Cowboys Nation

This season is one big ugly nightmare.. Let's hope it'll end this summer with the departure of our putrid GM and useless players ala gommer, campoli and cie. And for once we'll probably have a top 5 pick so it won't hurt either.

HabsCowboysOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:44 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
One player not liking pressure is headline material?? wtf???

Hamrlik pretty much said the opposite and it was'nt a big deal.
One player? I think Spaceman speaks for many. Plus, I don't think Spaceman is talking about pressure. He clearly uses the phrase "CIRCUS"

We support a sports team that is having a terrible season, that isn't easy for anybody. The owners, management, players and fans.That's pressure that professional athletes embrace in a hockey mad city.
What 99.9% percent of the French media bring to the table along with that pressure is "THE CIRCUS"
So, yes.......headline news it should be for them. Clearly they don't see it and they never will if somebody doesn't tell them. Spaceman did...but it won't be heard because it won't be headline news. In my opinion I think it should be.
Bring in the elephants !!!!!

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:55 PM
bib
#believe

It's only a circus if you're distracted by all the external crap and don't have your head in the game.

There are tons of sports markets that are just as rampant, and even more so, than the one in Montreal. Hope you're enjoying freakin' Raleigh spacegoat.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Kjell Dahlin

The Montreal's circus is allowing guys like Spacek to earn 3,8M$ per season.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:40 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I guess you missed the part where he says the guys don't even want to go out to eat. It's a big mess.
Yeah he was implying they don't want to go out in public because they aren't playing well, not that they aren't getting along

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:42 PM
habfaninvictoria

In fairness to Spacek, he never had a chance to play the role he was brought in for. He was brought in to play With Markov on the Right side....

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Don't miss you the player Spacek, too bad they traded you, was looking forward to spending 4 million on a much better defenseman in the off season. So much for that

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
I don't know what everyone's problem is , I like the circus , quick someone photoshop Jacques Martin with Elephant ears.
Done!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Subban must've caused locker room issues. #blamesubban

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:06 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
The circus regarding a language issue was not about sensible francophone Habs fans presenting a persuasive arguement for a bilingual coach.

The circus was the media's response to a handful of extremists.
Exactly. The quote was referring to those very same extremists who ruined our province. They're now affecting the way this team is run And if you don't think going from being an economic success to failure is ruining, I really don't know how to help you then. The Montreal Canadiens are already one of the few glimmers of hope in this province. They do bring in tons of money and tax dollars, and now this language debate may even ruin them, cause we can't go for the best coach or GM, we now have to go for the best French coach or GM who just so happens to be available. You know who those people are? Unproven. Great, it's now ruining the team I love too

Thanks extremists, you're really helping Quebec in the big picture...

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Et le But

The Montreal media is such a cancer. It's not unique to Montreal, but it's one of the worst in the NHL. New York for instance is just as bad, but because the Rangers are an afterthought they get a break from the mindless speculation that the Yankees and Knicks suffer through every year.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:14 PM
smon

He's right, the way the season went down has been a circus. Firing coaches on gameday and practice day, trading Cammalleri in the middle of a game, hiring poor Cunneyworth and then apologizing for it... a mess is right. The way Gauthier does things is just hilarious. Or maybe Molson is really the one pushing buttons? Who knows, but let's hope not. Because Gauthier is gone soon but Molson most certainly is not.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Exactly. The quote was referring to those very same extremists who ruined our province. They're now affecting the way this team is run And if you don't think going from being an economic success to failure is ruining, I really don't know how to help you then. The Montreal Canadiens are already one of the few glimmers of hope in this province. They do bring in tons of money and tax dollars, and now this language debate may even ruin them, cause we can't go for the best coach or GM, we now have to go for the best French coach or GM who just so happens to be available. You know who those people are? Unproven. Great, it's now ruining the team I love too

It really shows with our anglo coach and our two (!) Québécois player.

Maybe you're the extremist. You're the type that preaches bilingualism in Québec but whine when the habs hire bilingual coaches. I'm so glad this time they selected the best available candidate.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:34 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

should write novels for a living.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
It really shows with our anglo coach and our two (!) Québécois player.

Maybe you're the extremist. You're the type that preaches bilingualism in Québec but whine when the habs hire bilingual coaches. I'm so glad this time they selected the best available candidate.
I Live on the West-Island for a reason, some people built a border we didn't, but in sports I could care less about language, If the bilingual guy is good, then get him! But if the Anglo is the best hire him! just want to win! West-Islander's are opposite of extremist, the right term is survivor... unfortunately

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
I Live on the West-Island for a reason, some people built a border we didn't, but in sports I could care less about language, If the bilingual guy is good, then get him! But if the Anglo is the best hire him! just want to win! West-Islander's are opposite of extremist, the right term is survivor... unfortunately
The question then is, in what universe was Cunneyworth the best hire by any metric you can use?

And don't get me started on poor "survivor" West-Islander, who have to endure living in the only non-english jurisdiction in North America. Bleh, I'll save it for the politics forum...

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The truth hurts. First Cammy, then Spacek... putting your head in the sand doesn't make the problems go away.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote