HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ridiculous article on Habs in the Toronto Star

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2012, 01:24 PM
  #1
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,803
vCash: 500
Ridiculous article on Habs in the Toronto Star

Anyone else see this? How can they compare the histories of the Islanders and the Canadiens? The Islanders were good for what, five years? They've been terrible for 25 years. The Canadiens almost made the Cup two years ago. And, funnily enough, there seems to be no mention of the Maple Leafs in here.

What a crock. Good reading though.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph..._the_outhouse/

Garry Valk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:25 PM
  #2
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,507
vCash: 500
Gomez in shootout

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
  #3
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,088
vCash: 500
To be fair, its the Star. Their sports coverage is on par with the Sun (i.e. its terrible).

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
  #4
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Anyone else see this? How can they compare the histories of the Islanders and the Canadiens? The Islanders were good for what, five years? They've been terrible for 25 years. The Canadiens almost made the Cup two years ago. And, funnily enough, there seems to be no mention of the Maple Leafs in here.

What a crock. Good reading though.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph..._the_outhouse/

well lets be honest with ourselves,as much as it hurts.


How many Cups have Habs won since 1980?

How many Islander win?


Habs have stunk bad for 20 year running.....so have the Islanders.


It's closer than you think...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
  #5
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
Reading anything in the Toronto media about the Habs is a waste of time. Or about any hockey not related to the Maple Leafs for that matter.

No wonder Leafs fans think their team is the centre of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
well lets be honest with ourselves,as much as it hurts.


How many Cups have Habs won since 1980?

How many Islander win?


Habs have stunk bad for 20 year running.....so have the Islanders.


It's closer than you think...
You really aren't fooling anyone, sorry.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
  #6
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,657
vCash: 50
Awards:
It's the Toronto Star. They're worst than anything you read here in Montreal. Literally.

__________________
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
-68
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:30 PM
  #7
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Reading anything in the Toronto media about the Habs is a waste of time. Or about any hockey not related to the Maple Leafs for that matter.

No wonder Leafs fans think their team is the centre of the universe.



You really aren't fooling anyone, sorry.
Yes 20 years is all a lie...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:31 PM
  #8
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
I like it. Media, players, fans all complaining about how terrible Montreal has been. This is a good thing hopefully management will wake up and get serious about fixing the problems to make the Habs a cup contender again.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:32 PM
  #9
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,207
vCash: 500
Every article criticizing the Habs sucks.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:32 PM
  #10
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Yes 20 years is all a lie...
20 years ago was 1992. Since then the Habs have won a cup and made a few notable playoff runs. Since then the Islanders have went from mediocre to terrible and are slowly climbing back to mediocre.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:34 PM
  #11
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
20 years ago was 1992. Since then the Habs have won a cup and made a few notable playoff runs. Since then the Islanders have went from mediocre to terrible and are slowly climbing back to mediocre.
I'm writting next year off...
20 yrs no cup..the anniversary..

Go back over last 19 years and tell everyone the Habs playoff record.
How many times we miss? how many time we make it past round 1?

The truth hurts....

I was out of denial long time ago..

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:38 PM
  #12
Patrice Brisebois
Registered User
 
Patrice Brisebois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Stopped reading at "The Toronto Star"

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:41 PM
  #13
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
lol the whole hockey world is so anxious to pile on the criticism against us this year. Worry about your own team.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:42 PM
  #14
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,877
vCash: 500
Just a rare opportunity for Toronto to bash and kick the Habs while they're down.. People have been doing it to the Leafs for years so they now want to do it to someone else for once.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:42 PM
  #15
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
What's the saying about throwing stones when you live in a glass house. Isn't the best example as a glass house is far sturdier than the candyglass house the Leafs live in.

Toronto Star should focus on the Leafs. They give them more than enough to make fun about.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:45 PM
  #16
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I'm writting next year off...
20 yrs no cup..the anniversary..

Go back over last 19 years and tell everyone the Habs playoff record.

The truth hurts....

I was out of denial long time ago..
Go back over the last 19 years and tell everyone the Isles playoff record.

Seriously, stop reaching. Yes, the "truth hurts" that the Habs haven't been the best team in the league since in a long time, that all the dynasties happened when the league was a very different place and in the modern NHL the Habs aren't a model franchise. We've been average more often than not, with some terrible decisions keeping it that way.

But that's a far cry from what has happened to the Islanders. They haven't won a playoff series since the Habs last won a cup. They've been to the playoffs 5 times in the last 20 years; to compare the Habs have been there 11 times since then and the great Leafs 9 times.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time arguing with you but I grew up a few miles away from the Nassau Coliseum. I've lived in both what used to be Islanders country (apparently a resturant nearby where my parents live was an Islanders bar in the 80s) and Montreal. It's not the same, at all. The Islanders have become so irrelevant that the geriatrics on Long Island don't even want a new arena, despite the Coliseum becoming a slowly decaying eyesore that isn't fit for either hockey or concerts. The Islanders are most famous nowadays for drafting Rick Dipietro. My fathers an Islanders fan, he hasn't cared enough to watch hockey since the Leafs physically beat them to death 10 years ago. And this is a man who is also a Knicks and Jets fan.

I would put money on the Islanders no longer existing after 2015.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:45 PM
  #17
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
well lets be honest with ourselves,as much as it hurts.


How many Cups have Habs won since 1980?

How many Islander win?


Habs have stunk bad for 20 year running.....so have the Islanders.


It's closer than you think...
When did the Islanders last win a playoff series? 1993? The Habs did finish 1st in their conference 3 years ago. They aren't the Pittsburgh Pirates...unless you are a Toronto Star reader.

Garry Valk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:46 PM
  #18
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Just a rare opportunity for Toronto to bash and kick the Habs while they're down.. People have been doing it to the Leafs for years so they now want to do it to someone else for once.
i don't have the sharpest memory, but i don't remember la presse or any local newspaper writing an article about the leafs only.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:47 PM
  #19
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Just a rare opportunity for Toronto to bash and kick the Habs while they're down.. People have been doing it to the Leafs for years.
Habs made it past 2nd round 1 time in 19 years.....
1 division championship since 1992
11 coaches since 1992

Closer to the Islanders than Detroit for sure...


It's easy to kick us , because we've been junked.
The fall from Grace, when you WAS THE BEST, prided yourself the BEST like a PORCHSE , and now are like a cheap Kia with a busted fender and bent rims,with a guy making nutty moves like Micheal Jackson ,now driving the car...


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-21-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
  #20
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,805
vCash: 500
Boston....1 cup in 30+ years
Philadelphia....no cup in 30+ years
Toronto......no cup in 40+ years
Vancouver...no cup ever
Washington.. ----------
St Louis----------------
Buffalo-----------------

There are many others but it seems the most domminating, winning organization has to be singled out. Why? it is a sport and things change and teams go trough bad times, big deal. The habs are hated like the yankees are hated, like the Bulls were hated, like the patriots are hated. They love to knock you down because thats what the media does, they are bottm feeders looking to cash in on" kick the habs day". **** them all. We will be back and probably win another cup before the leafs ever do. just in case I forgot, **** them all.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:59 PM
  #21
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Boston....1 cup in 30+ years
Philadelphia....no cup in 30+ years
Toronto......no cup in 40+ years
Vancouver...no cup ever
Washington.. ----------
St Louis----------------
Buffalo-----------------

There are many others but it seems the most domminating, winning organization has to be singled out. Why? it is a sport and things change and teams go trough bad times, big deal. The habs are hated like the yankees are hated, like the Bulls were hated, like the patriots are hated. They love to knock you down because thats what the media does, they are bottm feeders looking to cash in on" kick the habs day". **** them all. We will be back and probably win another cup before the leafs ever do. just in case I forgot, **** them all.

How many of those team won 24 cup or even close?


There WAS a different standard in Montreal.

Now we got excuses only.....


Now we lose but cant figure it out....Steve Begin, Matt Darche Frakie B ,Garth Murray ,Mark Streit on the first and second lines......i cant figure out why we can achieve success....eh??


LOL


The pictures on the wall in Habs dressing room, are there for show only...
The meaning of them is LONG LOST...it's a disgrace to all those men.
Habs org FAILED THEM ALL

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
  #22
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
i don't have the sharpest memory, but i don't remember la presse or any local newspaper writing an article about the leafs only.
http://lapresseaffaires.cyberpresse....tre-rogers.php

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:22 PM
  #23
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
from hockey perspective, not from a bushiness perspective. Article you linked is about $.
But thanks for stopping by.

Just in case you feel like trolling some more, when i meant article about the leafs, i mean article bashing the leafs, from a SPORTS perspective.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:26 PM
  #24
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
How many of those team won 24 cup or even close?


There WAS a different standard in Montreal.

Now we got excuses only.....


Now we lose but cant figure it out....Steve Begin, Matt Darche Frakie B ,Garth Murray ,Mark Streit on the first and second lines......i cant figure out why we can achieve success....eh??


LOL


The pictures on the wall in Habs dressing room, are there for show only...
The meaning of them is LONG LOST...it's a disgrace to all those men.
Habs org FAILED THEM ALL
Dude, every post you continually bash the Habs. every successful franchise in every sport goes through high and low periods. How many of those teams were even close to winning? Why single out the Habs and not write an article focusing on all the non winning teams in the league, for God sakes the leafs have missed the playoffs for 7 years in a row!!!! How could you write about another team in another city while your own team has a picture in the dictionary right next to the definition of "Sucking",. I don't think hockey should be take this seriously, life goes on. GO HABS.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:29 PM
  #25
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 376
vCash: 794
montreal is the most loved and hated team in the whole league..so obviously if the habs are doing badly all the haters are rdy yap.

3 month ago reimer was a god and now they boo when he get a start.go figure.

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.