HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC on Fox 2: Evans vs. Davis

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2012, 03:41 PM
  #251
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Effective in what way? Sonnen landed more strikes in the first round. Just because Bisping did better than everyone expected doesn't mean he wins the fight.
Bisping landed the more effective strikes in rounds 1 and 2, and he controlled Sonnen against the cage more than Sonnen could control him on the ground in the limited time the fight was there.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
  #252
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Jones is going to have a field day with Rashad

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:56 PM
  #253
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Just because Bisping did better than everyone expected doesn't mean he wins the fight.
This sums it up perfectly. A lot of people thought Sonnen was going to run right through Bisping, and when it didn't happen it makes it easy for a lot of people to make the mistake of turning "Bisping's doing better than I thought" to "Bisping is winning". Those are two completely separate things.

I see a lot of people saying Sonnen has no chance in a rematch with Silva because he barely beat Bisping. Bisping's takedown defense is worlds better than Anderson's, and he's also much better at scrambling to his feet when he is taken down. Granted it was a few years ago but Sonnen was more successful in the wrestling department against Bisping than Rashad was. Bisping's wrestling is very underrated. I'm not saying Sonnen will beat Silva, but he'll take him down much easier than Bisping.

BGDDYKWL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:10 PM
  #254
DeathFromAbove
Registered User
 
DeathFromAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Bisping landed the more effective strikes in rounds 1 and 2
I disagree. Most of Bispings strikes were little arm punches in the clinch, nothing really damaging.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:35 PM
  #255
Jasper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
This sums it up perfectly. A lot of people thought Sonnen was going to run right through Bisping, and when it didn't happen it makes it easy for a lot of people to make the mistake of turning "Bisping's doing better than I thought" to "Bisping is winning". Those are two completely separate things.

I see a lot of people saying Sonnen has no chance in a rematch with Silva because he barely beat Bisping. Bisping's takedown defense is worlds better than Anderson's, and he's also much better at scrambling to his feet when he is taken down. Granted it was a few years ago but Sonnen was more successful in the wrestling department against Bisping than Rashad was. Bisping's wrestling is very underrated. I'm not saying Sonnen will beat Silva, but he'll take him down much easier than Bisping.
Sonnen, not juiced, doesn't even physically look the same to me. I wouldn't factor that out.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
  #256
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I see a lot of people saying Sonnen has no chance in a rematch with Silva because he barely beat Bisping. Bisping's takedown defense is worlds better than Anderson's, and he's also much better at scrambling to his feet when he is taken down. Granted it was a few years ago but Sonnen was more successful in the wrestling department against Bisping than Rashad was. Bisping's wrestling is very underrated. I'm not saying Sonnen will beat Silva, but he'll take him down much easier than Bisping.
I want to see how Anderson's takedown defense looks when he's healthy and when Sonnen isn't on roids. If the Sonnen who fought Bisping shows up in the Anderson fight, then it will be a pretty short fight. Actually, it doesn't really matter which Sonnen shows up. Anderson will finish him before it gets to the championship rounds.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:41 PM
  #257
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I want to see how Anderson's takedown defense looks when he's healthy and when Sonnen isn't on roids. If the Sonnen who fought Bisping shows up in the Anderson fight, then it will be a pretty short fight. Actually, it doesn't really matter which Sonnen shows up. Anderson will finish him before it gets to the championship rounds.
I agree. I also think after the loss, Sonnen will move to 205.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 06:12 PM
  #258
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
Why are people assuming Sonnen isn't on roids anymore? He could easily keep taking the stuff and circumvent the piss poor testing standards. Or he could simply apply for TRT and this time do his paperwork properly.

The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:02 PM
  #259
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
Why are people assuming Sonnen isn't on roids anymore? He could easily keep taking the stuff and circumvent the piss poor testing standards. Or he could simply apply for TRT and this time do his paperwork properly.
I believe I read somewhere that's exactly what he has done.

BGDDYKWL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:04 PM
  #260
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
I disagree. Most of Bispings strikes were little arm punches in the clinch, nothing really damaging.
Bisping was getting the better of Sonnen on the feet away from the cage as well.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:28 PM
  #261
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I believe I read somewhere that's exactly what he has done.
Did he really? What a joke.

Apparently Lorenzo Fertitta is completely against this TRT crap. Soon it won't matter if the fighter has permission from a doctor or from the commission. If they need TRT, they won't fight in the UFC or Strikeforce.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:46 PM
  #262
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,127
vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Did he really? What a joke.

Apparently Lorenzo Fertitta is completely against this TRT crap. Soon it won't matter if the fighter has permission from a doctor or from the commission. If they need TRT, they won't fight in the UFC or Strikeforce.
I would think any first year lawyer would have a field day with that.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:11 PM
  #263
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Did he really? What a joke.

Apparently Lorenzo Fertitta is completely against this TRT crap. Soon it won't matter if the fighter has permission from a doctor or from the commission. If they need TRT, they won't fight in the UFC or Strikeforce.
We'll see. One of the problems with combat sports is that athletes are usually on the decline by the time they become mainstream stars. TRT allows fights like Henderson and Couture to achieve great results at a later age, which is a boon to the promoter.

The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:28 PM
  #264
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,127
vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
We'll see. One of the problems with combat sports is that athletes are usually on the decline by the time they become mainstream stars. TRT allows fights like Henderson and Couture to achieve great results at a later age, which is a boon to the promoter.
And then there is this. No promoter is going to bite the hand that feeds him.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:02 PM
  #265
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Apparently Lorenzo Fertitta is completely against this TRT crap. Soon it won't matter if the fighter has permission from a doctor or from the commission. If they need TRT, they won't fight in the UFC or Strikeforce.
I find this amusing as I would bet A LOT of money that Lorenzo's on stuff.

BGDDYKWL is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.