HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geoff Molson guilty of incompetence?

Old
01-21-2012, 06:03 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
more like he wasnt prepared at all.
ahhh, the ever joyful tit for tat with you. King of one liners.

I'm just going to head on over to the GDT to, you know, cheer for the team.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:04 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
common man. again? you're basically confirming that you (part of the language police) DON'T actually care about non-French speaking Habs fans. Why don't you shed a couple, you could afford to not be so uptight.

See that other team we're playing tonight? The "english" one. Well all of us Habs fans hate them. NOUS sommes Canadiens.
Bullcrap and you know it. Play the victim all you want we both know it's BS and wont fall for it.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Le CH

Quote:
Bullcrap and you know it. Play the victim all you want we both know it's BS and wont fall for it.
Pot calling the kettle black...

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I think the course of the season might have been different if Geoff Molson had been a bit smarter when JM has been fired saying the coaching staff situation would be reevaluated in the summer and that the french factor would be very important.. He basically said Conney had no chance to come back as the head coach next season removing any credibility, grip or power Conney could have on his guys.. I know there was alot of pressure from politicians and journalists concerning the matter but to me Geoff cracked under pressure and sent a really bad message from his position.. Im not trying to excuse our guys cause if the leadership was better, they would have passed through the storm, but it was certainly not the smartest statement made by a president of the Habs, I doubt Boivin would have put his team in trouble like this..
Yes. And he instigated JM's firing. Doubly incompetent. PG was put in the hotseat by that incompetent boss.

I am always suspicious of someone (family) who ran the franchise to the ground, sold it to someone competent, who rebuilt it to an extremely solid business, and that someone comes and buys it back. You are still incompetent. I was worried since day 1 Molson bought the Habs from Gillette. When I expressed that to people, everyone was like "meh". Well, with time, more people will realize how Gillette was a dream owner, compared to the Molson.

Oh and I find it funny that some fans pride themselves at not being satisfied with what the Habs achieved during the Gillette era, arguing that we didn't win a Cup. Talk about hugely inflated sense of entitlement. We are no longer living in the 70's I would like to remind these people.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 01-21-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:36 PM
habsjunkie2*

I think he was responsible for the poorly timed firing of JM, I never cared for Molson, I preferred Gillette. I think Molson gets more involved than any owner should. Hockey people should be making the hockey decisions even if ours are pretty bad.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:44 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
Can't deny that people in Québec, and espcially Montréal, contribute more money to the team than you.

It's the Montréal Canadiens guys...
I can definitely argue that fans in Quebec outside of Montreal most likely spend a hell of a lot less than me. Why couldn't I argue that? Please, living hrs away from the Bell center, but in the same province means you spend more money, therefore are more important. ********. Fans of Montreal might be able to claim this, even though many fans living in Montreal probably don't attend the Bell center on a regular basis, so I think you are most likely full of **** and think you're more deserving than others for little to no reason.

You are not more entitled because you were born in Quebec and I wasn't, get over it. It's not your team and will never be your team.

It's not the Quebec Canadiens guys.

Old
01-21-2012, 07:01 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I can definitely argue that fans in Quebec outside of Montreal most likely spend a hell of a lot less than me. Why couldn't I argue that? Please, living hrs away from the Bell center, but in the same province means you spend more money, therefore are more important. ********. Fans of Montreal might be able to claim this, even though many fans living in Montreal probably don't attend the Bell center on a regular basis, so I think you are most likely full of **** and think you're more deserving than others for little to no reason.

You are not more entitled because you were born in Quebec and I wasn't, get over it. It's not your team and will never be your team.

It's not the Quebec Canadiens guys.
looks like you're the one who should get over it.

On average, customers who live closer tend to spend more and know a little more about their "neighbors".

Just so you remember, the guy who said he knows more about attendance (so to speak) than guys outside the city/province is not only a Montrealer and a Habs fans... but happen to work at the Bell Centre (doing what I dont know, not my business)...

and you're offended by that ? time to toughen up I guess.

Old
01-21-2012, 07:02 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH View Post
Pot calling the kettle black...
Guess you can show me posts where I'm playing the victim ?

Old
01-21-2012, 07:05 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:

On average, customers who live closer tend to spend more and know a little more about their "neighbors".

Just so you remember, the guy who said he knows more about attendance (so to speak) than guys outside the city/province is not only a Montrealer and a Habs fans... but happen to work at the Bell Centre (doing what I dont know, not my business)...

Youppie?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:45 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Youppie?
are you saying even Youppi know more ?

Old
01-21-2012, 07:49 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
are you saying even Youppi know more ?
Took you 40 minutes to come up with that one-liner? You are losing your edge.

Old
01-21-2012, 07:53 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Took you 40 minutes to come up with that one-liner? You are losing your edge.
PC in different room...

that's the best you could come up with ?

Old
01-21-2012, 07:56 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
PC in different room...

that's the best you could come up with ?
No...

Old
01-21-2012, 08:00 PM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
Can't deny that people in Québec, and espcially Montréal, contribute more money to the team than you.

It's the Montréal Canadiens guys...
Considering the pack of teenagers that post on this board, it would probably be more accurate to say that the moms and dads of people on this board contribute more money to the team than us. As the old Cosby show joke went, daughter, you are not rich. Your mother and father are rich.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:01 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:

I don't give a **** if the poster makes PG's coffee. Living closer means next to nothing, you want to be entitled, so you use proximity as an excuse, but it doesn't change anything. I would argue that I spend more or as much as a typical Quebecer who is a Montreal Canadiens fans, not that it means anything, but I'm betting your contribution to the habs is as insignificant as mine, but you seem to want to run the team.

Being born in Quebec or being francophone makes you no more of a fan than me, too bad, I know you wish it weren't so, but such is life.

Old
01-21-2012, 10:09 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I don't give a **** if the poster makes PG's coffee. Living closer means next to nothing, you want to be entitled, so you use proximity as an excuse, but it doesn't change anything. I would argue that I spend more or as much as a typical Quebecer who is a Montreal Canadiens fans, not that it means anything, but I'm betting your contribution to the habs is as insignificant as mine, but you seem to want to run the team.

Being born in Quebec or being francophone makes you no more of a fan than me, too bad, I know you wish it weren't so, but such is life.

Old
01-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
Considering the pack of teenagers that post on this board, it would probably be more accurate to say that the moms and dads of people on this board contribute more money to the team than us. As the old Cosby show joke went, daughter, you are not rich. Your mother and father are rich.
"No teenage boy should be wearing a 250 dollar shirt unless he's onstage with his four brothers!"

- Keep buyin' the pudding.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 01-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

interest in the habs is low. Lots of empty seats this season. The habs "hype" is down this season; all i was saying, is that you're around MTL you notice the disinterest in the habs, so what i'm saying, is that people who are screaming for habs fan to boycott the team, well, it's already happening, people mostly don't care in general. So this whole argument of "habs fans feeding mediocrity" as the reason to explain the management moves and such doesn't stand and is just bold assumption by some.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:04 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Excellent answer.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

I tend to think someone from Boston who is a diehard Red Sox fan should be more entitled to what's happening to the Sox. I'm a Red Sox mark but I get that.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Futility??? You must not have been a Habs fan in the mid to late 90's. Although certainly not a championship calibre period, I don't understand how making the playoffs just about every year with a 1st place in the East and a semi-final berth can be considered futility. That's very drama queenish of you.
Jose Theodore ft. Halak and MC Price.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I tend to think someone from Boston who is a diehard Red Sox fan should be more entitled to what's happening to the Sox. I'm a Red Sox mark but I get that.
Wrong.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:20 AM
neofury*

Quote:

If anything it makes him less of a fan cause he likely cares about language more than the actual team. If he could have an inferior French coach versus a superior English one, he'd likely choose the francophone even if he was a complete failure, then a few months later he'd be part of the bandwagon that hates on the coach.

When will the Nordiques come back so these people can go back to supporting the team we all know they originally supported?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
neofury*

PS: I'd take a Habs fan from Florida, New Brunswick, Calgary, any day of the week over some Nords fans who are probably 90% of the people behind the anti-anglo coach movement anyways

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Guess you can show me posts where I'm playing the victim ?
How did everyone just go over this post . I don't need to/ or have the time to find posts... all I can say is look at your last 50 posts and see for yourself

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote