Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
What's drove me nuts with Burmistrov is how he actually manages to get himself into high percentage areas, only to stickhandle his way out. He plays like a wild rabbit in an open field, but he needs to be like one of those fake rabbits at the greyhound track, more point A to point B.
It's as though the Ice Capades suddenly starts up in the middle of a hockey game. He's great to watch but somehow all his talents haven't as yet added up to a major contribution to the objectives of a professional ice hockey team. I'm fairly sure they will before too long, though.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:27 PM
MadMen88

1st place in the southeast and nothing less!!!

Old
01-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

vCash: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
we need some Regulators @MTS

http://youtu.be/1plPyJdXKIY

Well played sir, one of my favorites.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:30 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
He has top 6 skills on this team for sure, but he clearly hasn't done enough with his time to date to warrant a current top 6 spot. His poor decision making is frankly much easier hidden on the bottom lines right now.

Some on these boards once tried to compare his style to Datsyuk, which is amusing because Datsyuk's strength is good puck management while it is comparatively at current Burmistrov's glaring weakness. That is not to say that Burmistrov can't or won't get better, but right now Burmistrov is just making some bad choices with the puck, and is doing it quite often at that.
It's also amusing to think a 20 year old in his 2nd NHL season will play as well as a 33 year old veteran. Not sure what you are trying to get at. Someone compares a young player to a veteran and you think they expect him to play up to the same level? No one legitimately expects Burmi to be THAT similar to Datsyuk in his 2nd season.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

vCash: 1814

Old
01-21-2012, 03:35 PM
JetsFan815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post
yeah. And he's tweeting about it.

https://twitter.com/#!/EKane9JETS/st...03323581177856

Damn man, focus on the game.
Yeah cuz taking 10 seconds out of your day to tweet is obviously gonna have a huge impact on your gameplay in a game you're not even playing.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:37 PM
jetster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Yeah cuz taking 10 seconds out of your day to tweet is obviously gonna have a huge impact on your gameplay in a game you're not even playing.
The tweet may only take 10 seconds but he obviously thinking about it... hence why his head wouldn't be in the right place...

Old
01-21-2012, 03:38 PM
SonicBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Would much prefer this:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Burmi-Antro-Wellwood
GST
Miettinen-Cormier-Fehr

Ladd has been doing what he's supposed to lately and getting his position in front of the net, so while Kane is out I say re-unite the top line with a rejuvinated Wheeler and Ladd.

BAW was the best line early in the season and it can possibly get all 3 going again on offense.

GST is natural.

And Fehr and Cormier can add a lot of grit along with Mittens to round out the 4th.

It just seems so obvious and yet the coaching prefers to put 3 right handed shots on the first line.
I agree. Those are the lines that I would go with. I think Ladd has been playing good lately and deserves the promotion. Burmi might be a nice fit with Antro and Wellwood.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:49 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
Regultors! MOUNT UP!
Nice, bringing out 'Da Chronic!

right back at ya @Kinjero:
"Well I'm creepin, and I'm creepin, and I'm creep-in...
But I damn near got caught, 'cause my beeper kept beepin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post

Last edited by mzappa: 01-21-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: link
Old
01-21-2012, 03:50 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Guys I think everyone is getting too fixated on the starting line ups. coach is a juggler and if things aren't going well it will change. This is not stadic it's a moving target. Burmi will be more than fine in the long haul so chill my bros. good chance If Fehr struggles Burmi will get first line action or Ladd will bump up and Burmi will get a Dance with his old Bros W and A.

as for Kane I have been critical of the social side of EK but would love to see him in the line up tonight. Despite his flaws he is a streaky player and he is overdue......the sooner he gets back the sooner he puts up 10 goals in 10 games and our team gets on a roll.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:53 PM
JetsFan815

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetster View Post
The tweet may only take 10 seconds but he obviously thinking about it... hence why his head wouldn't be in the right place...
Hockey players are not robots

Old
01-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Guys I think everyone is getting too fixated on the starting line ups. coach is a juggler and if things aren't going well it will change. This is not stadic it's a moving target. Burmi will be more than fine in the long haul so chill my bros. good chance If Fehr struggles Burmi will get first line action or Ladd will bump up and Burmi will get a Dance with his old Bros W and A.

as for Kane I have been critical of the social side of EK but would love to see him in the line up tonight. Despite his flaws he is a streaky player and he is overdue......the sooner he gets back the sooner he puts up 10 goals in 10 games and our team gets on a roll.
beat me too it

last game i saw a line that was kane-burmi-wheeler, after a PK

Old
01-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Hockey players are not robots
Duh... Robots can multitask.
Apparently hockey players can't.
I hope none of them ordered coffee today. Making their mind up on what to put in the coffee would distract them from the game, never mind deciding when it was the correct temp for drinking.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:01 PM
blueandgoldguy

I expect a win tonight. Florida should be dead-tired for this game having just played in Chicago last night and arriving in Winnipeg early this morning. They have also been in a slump for awhile.

While Winnipeg has some key injuries so do Florida, including Jovo and Sturm. I'm looking for big night from Antro and Ladd. 2 goals and 2 assists between the two of them.

5-2 Jets

Old
01-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
It's also amusing to think a 20 year old in his 2nd NHL season will play as well as a 33 year old veteran. Not sure what you are trying to get at. Someone compares a young player to a veteran and you think they expect him to play up to the same level? No one legitimately expects Burmi to be THAT similar to Datsyuk in his 2nd season.
It is quite clear that you are unsure of what I'm trying to get at. What I said was that some here tried to compare his style of play to that of Datsyuk; I then pointed out that it was a bit of an off base comparison given that Datysuk's strength is puck management while it is conversely Burmistrov's weakness. I also added that Burmistrov may improve in the future. At no point did I state that I was expecting a 20 year old Burmistrov to play in any way similar to to the veteran Datysuk, just that their styles of play are diametrically opposed, and that as such, there is zero comparison between their games, at any age, as of right now. Hope that helps.

They come from the same general region of the world though, I'll give you that.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 01-21-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old
01-21-2012, 04:20 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Just about time to head for the game. Taking my Dad tonight...he seems pretty pumped. Calling a 4-2 win (Bogo, Little, Fehr and Ladd) Enstrom 2 assists.

See you at the PGT with, beer in my belly, Vcash in my pocket and 2 more points in the standings.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
It is quite clear that you are unsure of what I'm trying to get at. What I said was that some here tried to compare his style of play to that of Datsyuk; I then pointed out that it was a bit of an off base comparison given that Datysuk's strength is puck management while it is conversely Burmistrov's weakness. I also added that Burmistrov may improve in the future. At no point did I state that I was expecting a 20 year old Burmistrov to play in any way similar to to the veteran Datysuk, just that their styles of play are diametrically opposed, and that as such, there is zero comparison between their games, at any age, as of right now. Hope that helps.

They come from the same general region of the world though, I'll give you that.
What about their stickhandling and defensive game?

Old
01-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
IMO the Burmi/Datsyuk comparisons are natural because both are similar in size and have dazzling edgework. Oh, also they're both Russian.

Burmi's upside is probably nowhere near Datsyuk's, and I personally see him projecting as a slightly faster Mike Ribeiro.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 01-21-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Pavel and Alexander are the same first name, apparently...
Old
01-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
IMO the Burmi/Datsyuk comparisons are natural because both are similar in size and have dazzling edgework. Oh, also they're both Russian and share the same first name.
Whoa?

Old
01-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Whoa?
Duh, Alex Datsyuk.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I also don't like that. 3 right handed shots on the top line.
I actually prefer Fehr on his off-side, despite him being a natural RW. He does a decent enough job in his own end, and he is 100% for effective off the rush on his off-wing. Some players are effective on their right side (Left handed shot Ladd is deadly on the left side) but most are better on their off wing, and Fehr fits there perfectly.

For the last 5-6 Fehr's game has really really improved. He is finally starting to get confidence in his shoulder again, as evidenced by his much improved hitting and puck control. Skating and conditioning seem to be getting better as well. He has 11 SOG over the past 3 games and really seems to be coming along. Think this is not too bad of an idea, actually.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Whoa?
You've never heard of Alexander Datsyuk? (EDIT: Thanks Hammer )

Holy ****, that was an epic brain fart.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
IMO the Burmi/Datsyuk comparisons are natural because both are similar in size and have dazzling edgework. Oh, also they're both Russian.

Burmi's upside is probably nowhere near Datsyuk's, and I personally see him projecting as a slightly faster Mike Ribeiro.
Except at 20 he is much much better defensively than Ribeiro EVER was/is/will be...(not to mention not a diving whiny little *****)

Old
01-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
What about their stickhandling and defensive game?
Hey, Semin can also stick-handle and he has also long in his past made an occasional play in his own end as well. Guess he is Datsyuk as well.

They are all from the same part of the world. The comparison ends there.

Guess what? When Datsyuk was young he was known for his smart decision making with the puck. Can't make the same argument on Burmistrov's part; sorry. That was kind of the point.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:

I was honestly going to wikipedia this as I thought maybe Alex or Pavel had a different given first name...

Thanks for the edit there Bro.

Closed Thread