HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs + Chi/Fla? (defenseman to chicago?)a

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
  #26
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
This is some huge speculation and drawing conclusions out of nothing. Don't get me wrong it could be something, it could be nothing but there's absolutely no substance as of now.

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
  #27
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
leafs wont trade Kule when his stock is down
What if it doesn't go up anytime soon?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
  #28
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Wasn't long ago Franson looked like #### and Leaf fans weren't that enthused with him

Guess his game has come along lately but he was a #6 in Nashville and wasn't all that good so I doubt he will be of much an upgrade to Hawks in there playoff hopes
Basically the kid had the offense down pat however had very questionable defense. He has elevated his defense incredibly becoming a much more physical and responsible defenseman. He is our best defensive point shot and is most likely untouchable. Regardless of him not fitting on your team wont matter because trading him is out of the question.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
  #29
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector View Post
This is some huge speculation and drawing conclusions out of nothing. Don't get me wrong it could be something, it could be nothing but there's absolutely no substance as of now.
When is there substance to any rumor? How often are the rumors spot on? Ridiculous treads like murray and burke are talking. IMO Burke making an effort to be somewhere is a lot more alarming then talking because i guarantee all of the GM's talk regularly.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
  #30
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Wasn't long ago Franson looked like #### and Leaf fans weren't that enthused with him

Guess his game has come along lately but he was a #6 in Nashville and wasn't all that good so I doubt he will be of much an upgrade to Hawks in there playoff hopes
So you're saying young defenseman can't improve? Got it. Excellent logic.

Franson started slow when he wasn't playing much. Once he was given an opportunity to play, he ran with it....

Franson would certainly strengthen the Hawks blueline... You claiming otherwise just shows you're uninformed.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:50 PM
  #31
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
What if it doesn't go up anytime soon?
He's young and clearly the effects of losing his very good friend Igor Korolev is showing. This shouldn't be the only reason to blame for his lack of production but I can't see the Leafs moving him unless it's in a deal for a significant upgrade. Kulemin is only one year removed from a dominant 30 goal season and has yet to show his full potential. Definitely won't happen for a lateral swap or prospect/picks type deal.

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
  #32
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,520
vCash: 500
Franson is easily top 4 right now. At the start he was kind of shocked to be scratched but Gardiner stole the show, and Komisarek sucked but he got in because of experience.

He played in his offside before and didn't get a whole lot of time because of Liles + Gardiner but after injuries occured he finally settled in his role. Absolutely love Franson and his rocket of a shot.

His shot hits the net 9/10 through traffic and leaves his stick a moment after he gets it. He's been physical and great defensively using his reach. Could easily have finished with 40 points if he played right from the get go.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
  #33
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafTroll View Post
Franson has actually been playing like a top 4 while Aulie is playing like he wants to be send down in the AHL. Not long ago Burke said that only Dion is untouchable in the blue line but Franson is alomst becoming one as well.
He's doing that to drive up his percieved value...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
  #34
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
When is there substance to any rumor? How often are the rumors spot on? Ridiculous treads like murray and burke are talking. IMO Burke making an effort to be somewhere is a lot more alarming then talking because i guarantee all of the GM's talk regularly.
I'm not saying your completely wrong but your making mountains out of mole hills here. Rumors have substance when their reported by reliable sources such as Dregger, McKenzie etc. Threads like Murray/Burke talking are believable because of the fact they've pulled off so many trades in the past. Reporting that Burke is stuck in Chicago or that his afternoon walk got delayed is completely different when drawing out a rumor. Therefore this thread should be closed on the basis of pure speculation and no source.

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
  #35
BozakKadriKessel
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St.John's Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Franson is not a #6 defenseman, sorry to burst your bubble.
This
Anyone who thinks Franson is a sixth d-men doesn't watch the games. Aulie is a bottom pair shutdown guy but Franson is a top four. So watch the games before u start talking ..

BozakKadriKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
  #36
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
3.5M cap hit and terrible #'s to go along with it

See no fit unless Toronto takes Frolik in a deal but even then Frolik isn't having as bad a year as Lombardi nor is he as costly
Franson would improve your transition game in the top-4 slot if that`s the type of the thing Chicago is looking for. It doesn`t matter anyway because you wouldn`t be prepared to pony up in order to get him

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:57 PM
  #37
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
He's doing that to drive up his percieved value...
Agreed, Franson has been great as of late but to say untouchable? I wouldn't go that far..

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:57 PM
  #38
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,608
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Franson would improve your transition game in the top-4 slot if that`s the type of the thing Chicago is looking for. It doesn`t matter anyway because you wouldn`t be prepared to pony up in order to get him
Franson would be #6 dman in Chicago

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:00 PM
  #39
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector View Post
I'm not saying your completely wrong but your making mountains out of mole hills here. Rumors have substance when their reported by reliable sources such as Dregger, McKenzie etc. Threads like Murray/Burke talking are believable because of the fact they've pulled off so many trades in the past. Reporting that Burke is stuck in Chicago or that his afternoon walk got delayed is completely different when drawing out a rumor. Therefore this thread should be closed on the basis of pure speculation and no source.
Bro the thread is listed as speculation. What are you complaining about? When was the last time the boys from TSN called something correctly outside of trade deadline day and the obvious Kaberle to boston threads? All they do is speculate. They say this many teams are in need of offense, this many teams are in need of defense. Then they look at possible fits for each of the teams involved. Well its been rumored that chi town is looking for defense, leafs have plenty of this, burke was in CHi town last night. This is probably spot on to what TSN does. OH and not to mention Burke has dealt with chicago, everything involved in this thread you stated in your above post.... you've contradicted yourself.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:01 PM
  #40
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Is that a layover stop from Anaheim?

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:01 PM
  #41
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Franson would be #6 dman in Chicago
Only because the pieces to the puzzle fit atm & if that`s really the case then I question why Chicago would want a D-man anyway, sounds like their D is set

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
  #42
The K Man
Registered User
 
The K Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Franson would be #6 dman in Chicago
How can you say this? You clearly haven't seen him play in a while as you called him a #6 in TO.

Definitely won't be making a trade to help out Florida since we're battling them for a playoff spot, and Chicago doesn't really have much that would improve our team that they'd be willing to give up. Only player I can think of is Bickell, but I think Burke will try to make our top-6 tougher, not bottom-6.

The K Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
  #43
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Franson would be #6 dman in Chicago
I don't think so

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:06 PM
  #44
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Wasn't long ago Franson looked like #### and Leaf fans weren't that enthused with him

Guess his game has come along lately but he was a #6 in Nashville and wasn't all that good so I doubt he will be of much an upgrade to Hawks in there playoff hopes
That was in his first few games when he wasn't playing regularly and when he did, he played on his off-wing and expressed his frustration towards his no playing time, something Leafs fans weren't pleased with.

He's been awesome since Komisarek injury because he's in the line-up everybody and right now, he's locked down his spot. He's been one of our better defensemen now. He's better defensively than I thought he would be and moves the puck. Also, he is really really good at getting the puck through traffic. I don't get why people called him soft either, he is physical along the boards.

He is here to stay but he is available for top line talent (something Chicago won't trade).

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
  #45
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Bro the thread is listed as speculation. What are you complaining about? When was the last time the boys from TSN called something correctly outside of trade deadline day and the obvious Kaberle to boston threads? All they do is speculate. They say this many teams are in need of offense, this many teams are in need of defense. Then they look at possible fits for each of the teams involved. Well its been rumored that chi town is looking for defense, leafs have plenty of this, burke was in CHi town last night. This is probably spot on to what TSN does. OH and not to mention Burke has dealt with chicago, everything involved in this thread you stated in your above post.... you've contradicted yourself.
The difference is your not a professional hockey analyst. Major sports broadcasting stations have people directly involved in the field that can make these speculations. As much as the 98% of these boards wants to be this ground-breaking source for rumors, were not at the end of the day. When I'm looking at opinions I that have any intangible value to me:

TSN>>>>>>>>>You

PS. OMG DID YOU JUST HEAR DAVE NONIS JUST HAD A PHILLY CHEESE STEAK?!?! Must be a deal with Philly in the works for Giroux!

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:08 PM
  #46
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C
 
Judrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
I don't know much about Franson at all, but is he better than Hammer and Leddy? They both aren't exactly slouches. This is an honest question, not being sarcastic.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
  #47
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector View Post
The difference is your not a professional hockey analyst. Major sports broadcasting stations have people directly involved in the field that can make these speculations. As much as the 98% of these boards wants to be this ground-breaking source for rumors, were not at the end of the day. When I'm looking at opinions I that have any intangible value to me:

TSN>>>>>>>>>You

PS. OMG DID YOU JUST HEAR DAVE NONIS JUST HAD A PHILLY CHEESE STEAK?!?! Must be a deal with Philly in the works for Giroux!
No offense but Caley has the best speculation threads of ALL-TIMEssssssssssssssssssssz

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:11 PM
  #48
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
I don't think so
I wouldn't be so sure Franson would be a great fit in Chicago and actually agree he would be on the third pairing. You have to figure Chicago's defense is among the best in the league: Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Hjalmarsson. You can obviously make a realistic debate that Franson would be lower in their depth pool.

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:12 PM
  #49
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Franson would be #6 dman in Chicago
Franson would cost Chicago Saad or McNeill. Not bad for a #6 dman.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:14 PM
  #50
Kamal007
A$VP
 
Kamal007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
Guys, calm down. Franson is trending upwards but he still is LAST among our D men in time on ice, even below guys like Aulie and Komi.

Kamal007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.