HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ridiculous article on Habs in the Toronto Star

Old
01-21-2012, 02:31 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgasby View Post
montreal is the most loved and hated team in the whole league..so obviously if the habs are doing badly all the haters are rdy yap.

3 month ago reimer was a god and now they boo when he get a start.go figure.
That and TO is going on a new season of no PO's in the new NHL.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Dude, every post you continually bash the Habs. every successful franchise in every sport goes through high and low periods. How many of those teams were even close to winning? Why single out the Habs and not write an article focusing on all the non winning teams in the league, for God sakes the leafs have missed the playoffs for 7 years in a row!!!! How could you write about another team in another city while your own team has a picture in the dictionary right next to the definition of "Sucking",. I don't think hockey should be take this seriously, life goes on. GO HABS.
What i said was true fact....
No bashing.

I'm a Habs fan...I respect the HISTORY.

What I don't respect is the last goin on to 20 years...or the way it's been and being run.

If you like to wear color glasses , go ahead Rose is all yours.....

You claim leafs missed playoff 7 years in a row...so what?
Is that some type of measuring stick?

The Leafs have sold out every game since the 1946 too...
Mean anything in Montreal?

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-21-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
Outhouse ? They mean... like this ?

Didn't read the article, but do they really say that the last time the Habs won the cup is 1993 ? Cause that's been 2-3 times longer for the Leafs.

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Every article criticizing the Habs sucks.
Mitch Melnick on TSN 990 said it beautifully this week.

"The Habs sitting at 12th in the East are fair game for everyone..."

The enemies are circling and kicking the patient when they are down...

24 cups makes you A LOT of enemies

No biggie.

Lots of jealous fanbases you know... none more so than Toronto

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
habtastic

Well, let's hope we crush them tonigth (you never know). That will be so humiliating. I hope it's 4-0 after the first for Cherry to stuff cherry's mouth and 6-0 by the 2nd so Milbury can say whatever he wants about the team beating the leafs. The third period, well let's just hope Cole get's put in the SO after it's done.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
Outhouse ? They mean... like this ?

Didn't read the article, but do they really say that the last time the Habs won the cup is 1993 ? Cause that's been 2-3 times longer for the Leafs.
This is like saying there is only a 3 inch pile of dog crap on the carpet as opposed to 6 inches of it ...

Is there any consolation?

Old
01-21-2012, 02:47 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
from hockey perspective, not from a bushiness perspective. Article you linked is about $.
But thanks for stopping by.

Just in case you feel like trolling some more, when i meant article about the leafs, i mean article bashing the leafs, from a SPORTS perspective.
This is what you said......

"i don't remember la presse or any local newspaper writing an article about the leafs only."

Back to your Gauthier support......

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:49 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Dude, every post you continually bash the Habs. every successful franchise in every sport goes through high and low periods. How many of those teams were even close to winning? Why single out the Habs and not write an article focusing on all the non winning teams in the league, for God sakes the leafs have missed the playoffs for 7 years in a row!!!! How could you write about another team in another city while your own team has a picture in the dictionary right next to the definition of "Sucking",. I don't think hockey should be take this seriously, life goes on. GO HABS.
Habaneros is not bashing the Habs.

Habaneros is bashing the inept leadership that this team has had for far too long.

Huge difference.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Habaneros is not bashing the Habs.

Habaneros is bashing the inept leadership that this team has had for far too long.

Huge difference.
He's pulling for straws to do it.

I'm sorry but anyone who uses the Islanders as a measuring stick is bashing the Habs. There's only two organizations in the league that can compared to that now that the Thrashers are gone, Columbus and Florida. Not even the Leafs deserve that kind of parallel.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
guest1467

The only consolation prize this year would be the Leafs missing the playoffs, yet again.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
well lets be honest with ourselves,as much as it hurts.

How many Cups have Habs won since 1980?

How many Islander win?

Habs have stunk bad for 20 year running.....so have the Islanders.

It's closer than you think...
how many stanley cup does TML won stanley cup since the 80? 70?

this is the same quality a Bertrand and Tremblay
wait the habs to struggle to destroy them

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
What i said was true fact....
No bashing.

I'm a Habs fan...I respect the HISTORY.

What I don't respect is the last goin on to 20 years...or the way it's been and being run.

If you like to wear color glasses , go ahead Rose is all yours.....

You claim leafs missed playoff 7 years in a row...so what?
Is that some type of measuring stick?

The Leafs have sold out every game since the 1946 too...
Mean anything in Montreal?
In today's NHL, the difference between being at the top and sucking is not that huge. Since the lockout (say what you want about Gainey, I approve of his moves), we have consistently had a team that had a great PP, that won games, that made the playoffs, that got fans excited and removed the paper bags from the fans' heads. The leafs have done nothing, repeatedly. They have been a joke. How many teams have missed the playoffs one year only to come roaring back to be one of the best teams in the league. How many Cup champions have gone on to suck the next year or even miss the playoffs. The Habs have done well considering their draft position every year and the fanbase has been extremely supportive not for blind faith, which I assume you is why anyone has been following the leafs for the past 6 years, but for the engaging on ice-product and for some very memorable PLAYOFF moments.

We'll be back next year with a vengeance. TBH, if we hadn't dug too deep of a hole and + Markov, we'd probably have gotten back into playoff contention without much trouble. This team has it's problems, but they are fundamentally better than their record. The organization is not in tatters. The language debate is the only thing that truly embarrassed me from an organization POV, but really it's the "fans" who created the controversy, NOT the CH.

Let's win it tonight. Then get back down to last place. I'm getting used to the idea of a good draft pick...something the islanders have had TONS of. Conveniently ignored from this article's debate.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He's pulling for straws to do it.

I'm sorry but anyone who uses the Islanders as a measuring stick is bashing the Habs. There's only two organizations in the league that can compared to that now that the Thrashers are gone, Columbus and Florida. Not even the Leafs deserve that kind of parallel.
See the problem is everyone who is offended with the article, is thinking back on the 24 Cups .. which ONLY 2 have come in last 30 YEARS.none in going on 20 years.

The media used to make comments on Charles Wang as a guy off of center,now they are doing the same to? PIERRE GAUTHIER..

I tell you line Islanders up with Habs in last 19 years, there closer than you want to believe...

Stop thinking back to 50 to 60 's

Stop buyin Habs lies that a real contender is too hard now a days with 30 teams

and running a FIRST CLASS ORG is impossible when DETROIT has show that i'nst true.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
well lets be honest with ourselves,as much as it hurts.

How many Cups have Habs won since 1980?

How many Islander win?

Habs have stunk bad for 20 year running.....so have the Islanders.

It's closer than you think...
Are really a Habs fan or trolling. Because you obviously have no hope for the Habs and think we're a terrible franchise and are only too happy to let everyone know that.

My advise to you is change teams. I know it's something a lot of people say when they're pissed at a poster for caring to much and making stupid arguments. In your case, I think it would save you a lot of heart ache and stress. Root for a perennial champion and leave the lowly, terrible canadiens to a delusional and sorry existence as the habs will obviously never contend and you can laugh at all of us while you're new team goes on to win Stanley Cups on a yearly basis.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:58 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
This is what you said......

"i don't remember la presse or any local newspaper writing an article about the leafs only."

Back to your Gauthier support......
forgot to put in specifications, forgot this board is run by trolls this season.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:02 PM
MakeTheGoalsLarger

I guess this means there are many habs fans in toronto.

No columnist working for a montreal newspaper would write such an article about the maple leafs. Because their readers don't care.

MakeTheGoalsLarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

How quick everyone forgets JUST two years ago. That was WITHOUT Markov for most of it.

It's pure piling on. We have a lot to still be proud of and I'm confident that we WILL win a cup in the next 5 years. At least my rose coloured glasses allow me to see. I'm not blinded by the bs that gets in the way of making the right decisions and heading down the wrong path. We don't need anything close to a blowup of this team. This year's pick will definitely help, but we've got lots of help in the near future. I've had a hard time dealing with the fact that this year is just cursed, but now that I have I am very optimistic that we will be a force in the coming years. Worst thing we can do is overreact to all the negative criticism (that actually comes from within mostly). Amazing how the station that covers the Habs exclusively probably has the biggest hand in f'ing things up.

Old
pepperMonkey

The article is fluff, but it's true that we have been, in general, either crap or mediocre for almost two decades starting from 94. Yes, there are some rare blips like in 2007 or the rare playoff series win over a more higher seeded team (well, mostly Boston) but otherwise, it's been...well...meh. We haven't been a very good team for ages let alone a team considered to be a contender. And frankly I'm sick of it. So like someone mentioned already, the more everyone pisses on the Habs and specially the management, the better chance that management will be flushed out and a new one can be put in place for better or worse.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:03 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

We're on pace to miss the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, its not like we've missed the playoffs 6 years in a row and are still not even in a playoff spot like the Leafs.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
How quick everyone forgets JUST two years ago. That was WITHOUT Markov for most of it.

It's pure piling on. We have a lot to still be proud of and I'm confident that we WILL win a cup in the next 5 years. At least my rose coloured glasses allow me to see. I'm not blinded by the bs that gets in the way of making the right decisions and heading down the wrong path. We don't need anything close to a blowup of this team. This year's pick will definitely help, but we've got lots of help in the near future. I've had a hard time dealing with the fact that this year is just cursed, but now that I have I am very optimistic that we will be a force in the coming years. Worst thing we can do is overreact to all the negative criticism (that actually comes from within mostly). Amazing how the station that covers the Habs exclusively probably has the biggest hand in f'ing things up.

Markov has been here how long?

How much playoff success we had with a healthy one?

I just find it hard to buy into that...that Gauthier's excuse too.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
We're on pace to miss the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, its not like we've missed the playoffs 6 years in a row and are still not even in a playoff spot like the Leafs.
Memory are short i guess....just think back not to long ago prior to Bob.

This is the whole problem, fan making excuses...
Great we're goona miss the playoff first time in 5 years...how much playoff success we have?

Stop being happy with just making playoffs...getting smacked out round 1 ..or fighting for 8th

Even Savard said it"Montreal Canadiens settling for less"

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-21-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old
01-21-2012, 03:12 PM
NJHABSFAN

Quote:
Boston....1 cup in 30+ years
Philadelphia....no cup in 30+ years
Toronto......no cup in 40+ years
Vancouver...no cup ever
Washington.. ----------
St Louis----------------
Buffalo-----------------

There are many others but it seems the most domminating, winning organization has to be singled out. Why? it is a sport and things change and teams go trough bad times, big deal. The habs are hated like the yankees are hated, like the Bulls were hated, like the patriots are hated. They love to knock you down because thats what the media does, they are bottm feeders looking to cash in on" kick the habs day". **** them all. We will be back and probably win another cup before the leafs ever do. just in case I forgot, **** them all.
My A**! Try the Cowboys they are hated and MTL and the Cowboys are suffering at the same time ...Its no fun being a fan of either.:shakeh ead

NJHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:15 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Markov has been here how long?

How much playoff success we had with a healthy one?

I just find it hard to buy into that...that Gauthier's excuse too.
You're of the camp that because we have not won a cup with Markov around, that Markov is either the problem or not helpful in being better. Could it be that in all those years there were OTHER reasons we didn't go farther, i.e. we did that well BECAUSE of Markov not despite him. People talk of playoff success in terms of points. Yeah, he's a guy that puts them up, but he is great at other things, one of them not having a rookie be on your top pairing in the 2010 playoffs. Against Philly, you don't think we could have used him on the PP?

I stand by Gauthier when it comes to Markov. So thankful he is still a Hab (yes, for next year and the year after). We talk about not having or developing elite talent, well he's something, like Price that emerged from sucking way worse than we do now (and that's just this season). He's still got the goods and he will deliver, as will Price, as will Subban, as will Pleks when the team gets refocussed and put in a position to win. We're not that far. Anomalies like this year throw analyses off disproportionately.

Why isn't there an article about how Tampa went from the ECF to...this (well, I'm sure there are actually)? Yzerman and Boucher the dream team in their second year (probably a more telling one) doing so poorly. What's the deal with Washington? How did the Blues turn everything around so quickly (everyone knows it just took one coach)? The Sens re-tooling in one season.

We are in a better position than a lot of teams looking towards the future. We just need to stop the internal hate. People see things differently and will blame different aspects of the team. I just see a season gone bad and a team that's not hard to fix. Develop the young guys in the coming years and we're good to go. Even if PG was staying I would trust him with getting us to a better place.

The night is always darkest before the dawn, but the dawn is coming...
- Harvey Dent

Old
01-21-2012, 03:16 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Boston....1 cup in 30+ years
Philadelphia....no cup in 30+ years
Toronto......no cup in 40+ years
Vancouver...no cup ever
Washington.. ----------
St Louis----------------
Buffalo-----------------

There are many others but it seems the most domminating, winning organization has to be singled out. Why? it is a sport and things change and teams go trough bad times, big deal. The habs are hated like the yankees are hated, like the Bulls were hated, like the patriots are hated. They love to knock you down because thats what the media does, they are bottm feeders looking to cash in on" kick the habs day". **** them all. We will be back and probably win another cup before the leafs ever do. just in case I forgot, **** them all.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:25 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Memory are short i guess....just think back not to long ago prior to Bob.

This is the whole problem, fan making excuses...
Great we're goona miss the playoff first time in 5 years...how much playoff success we have?

Stop being happy with just making playoffs...getting smacked out round 1 ..or fighting for 8th

Even Savard said it"Montreal Canadiens settling for less"
Just so we are on the same page - you don't think we are headed in the right direction towards building a team that can win the Cup, right?

I'm assuming that you're assuming the prospects coming up, the emergence of young future starts (IMO), the hallmarks of a team learning from its mistakes of what kind of a team they have to build and let's throw in the anticipation of one of our best picks since Carey Price in the summer, are not going to do it. You're convinced management is horrible and can't do anything right. From those pre-lockout days, we have come a LONNNNNG way. The formula in the NHL is ever changing and very few teams that get playoff level draft picks have continued to stay in the playoffs. They have had to do poorly for at LEAST one season, usually many. We don't WANT to come in 8th. We WANT to make the playoffs because hockey is so important to us. The unfortunate result is that in cities that don't care or do care, but just have to endure the hardship, they get the chance to improve using tools other than free agency.

Now that we will have this chance, let's see what we come up with. Maybe I'm an optimist, but there really is no such thing as a realist in this game. There are no sure answers, there are no guarantees. I can subjectively say that the team was going to be getting better anyway (and I didn't expect a cup this year), but not making the playoffs stung. Now it'll allow us to get a pick. I'm not a fan of tanking, but since it's become the mathematical situation, I've accepted it and am looking at the silver lining.