HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Options for watching Hockey

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2004, 04:01 PM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

vCash: 500
Options for watching Hockey

Well I ordered the sports pack on DirecTV so I could watch the Maine-North Dakota game last friday night. It filled my Hockey jones for the moment. What are you guys doing for a hockey fix??? We should all post when we see any type of hockey games that will be on TV.

BTW ---I'm Back!!!!!

Old
10-11-2004, 04:20 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
on digital cable I ordered fox sports digital in the hopes there will be some form of hockey on it occasionaly

Old
10-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Radulov for Czar*

How bout some MTSU games? Check the schedule out on www.mtsuhockey.com

All home games are played at Southern Ice in Franklin.

Old
10-11-2004, 07:41 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
on digital cable I ordered fox sports digital in the hopes there will be some form of hockey on it occasionaly

cough, meidlscoredagoaltheothernightgoreportit! cough.

damn cough!

and..hipcheck! welcome back!

now, where the HELL have you been, buddy? don't you ever leave again! EVER!

(giants 4-1, wooo!)

Old
10-11-2004, 07:43 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
How bout some MTSU games? Check the schedule out on www.mtsuhockey.com

All home games are played at Southern Ice in Franklin.
oh, you think you can make a rare appearance on the preds board, taking time out of your busy lounge-posting life just to tell us to come watch you play games?! no sir! we'll do that...when we see more of an effort on your part to take part in OUR threads! we used to be one of the top posting teams...now we're...in the middle!

Old
10-11-2004, 09:16 PM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

damn cough!

(giants 4-1, wooo!)
New job within the same company ( outside sales ) = no more sitting at a desk and monitoring hfboards. I'm in the "nooga" tonigh so lots of time to catch up. I missed you guys though. GO TIKI!!!!!!!

Old
10-11-2004, 09:25 PM
hillbilly

Quote:

damn cough!

(giants 4-1, wooo!)
cough, forgottopostitbeenreallybusywithschoolandhadntchec ked! cough.

Old
10-11-2004, 09:26 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
cough, forgottopostitbeenreallybusywithschoolandhadntchec ked! cough.

That's fine...but if you do it again...

i'll BAN YOU!

/end vulgar display of power.

Old
10-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Radulov for Czar*

I haven't posted anywhere in the last month or so.. Please forgive me?

Old
10-12-2004, 04:44 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I uh, will try to post a bit more around here.

Old
10-12-2004, 05:59 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
I haven't posted anywhere in the last month or so.. Please forgive me?

NEVER!

Old
10-12-2004, 06:00 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
I uh, will try to post a bit more around here.

see that you do.

Old
10-12-2004, 06:21 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

well, i just set TIVO to record the three AHL games that will be shown in my area next week(all hartford wolfpack...yippee.) and the classic games being shown(oilers\kings from 89 and blues\flames from 86) so at least i get to watch SOME hockey, in the near future.

Old
10-13-2004, 02:48 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

We're finally going to get directv (my mom was waiting until directv here could get local channels) and we're going to get that receiver/tivo unit it one, and i'm ordering the fox sports package or whatever that is. So even though I work nights, finally i'll be able to watch hockey, and all my other favorite shows I can't watch when i'm at work without tivo.

Old
10-13-2004, 10:21 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
We're finally going to get directv (my mom was waiting until directv here could get local channels) and we're going to get that receiver/tivo unit it one, and i'm ordering the fox sports package or whatever that is. So even though I work nights, finally i'll be able to watch hockey, and all my other favorite shows I can't watch when i'm at work without tivo.
if\when there's a season...i'd HIGHLY recommend center ice, as well. it's the best 130 dollars you can spend.

Old
10-13-2004, 04:05 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
if\when there's a season...i'd HIGHLY recommend center ice, as well. it's the best 130 dollars you can spend.
Yeah, I've been wanting to get center ice for a few seasons but my mom would never switch to satellite tv, now that she's going to, there's no center ice

Old
10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Yeah, I've been wanting to get center ice for a few seasons but my mom would never switch to satellite tv, now that she's going to, there's no center ice
I got it last year, and it is in a word: Awesome. You truly get to see most people in the league at least 3 - 4 times depending on your viewing habits, and it really deepens your awareness of the other teams in the leagues players. It also makes it that much easier to weed out the pure stat-junkies/homers on these boards, when you have your own viewing habits to back up your outlook on players.

10-13-2004, 04:20 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I got it last year, and it is in a word: Awesome. You truly get to see most people in the league at least 3 - 4 times depending on your viewing habits, and it really deepens your awareness of the other teams in the leagues players. It also makes it that much easier to weed out the pure stat-junkies/homers on these boards, when you have your own viewing habits to back up your outlook on players.

I loved that there was something on EVERY night, for me. Even if the Preds weren't playing, I'd tune in to whatever was going to be a good game...Leafs\Sens, Canucks\Avs, etc. It was great.

Old
10-13-2004, 04:23 PM
handtrick

Can you believe...they don't even offer Center Ice through Comcast cable where I live..only the NBA package :mad:

Old
10-13-2004, 04:54 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Can you believe...they don't even offer Center Ice through Comcast cable where I live..only the NBA package :mad:

I never thought I'd be greatful for Charter Digital but they offer Center Ice, not that its doing me a whole lot of good right now. BTW I don't get to go see the Ads game now due to financhial situations I had not forseen. is this game going to be broadcast on a local channel in Nashville by chance?

Old
10-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Pred303

man handtrick,you do have electricity up there on the mountain don't ya?...

Old
10-13-2004, 10:00 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
man handtrick,you do have electricity up there on the mountain don't ya?...
This coming from a guy that considers the art of "cutting and pasting" the equivalent of quantum mechanics.....

Old
10-14-2004, 05:51 AM
predperson

Quote:
Hey Handtrick.....got you covered on those classic games.....

Old
10-14-2004, 06:12 AM
Pred303

Quote:
This coming from a guy that considers the art of "cutting and pasting" the equivalent of quantum mechanics.....
It's not?

Old
10-15-2004, 08:33 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
So I splurged for the sports pack on directv myself. Look at all the crap you get!!! I do have one question, especially for those who've had nhl center ice (i.e. NMK), once hockey starts back will I actually get to see that many games by all of the teams listed below? If so why not just get this instead of center ice???

Comcast SportsNet (Mid-Atlantic), Channel 629

The home of the Baltimore Orioles, Washington Capitols, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C United. Includes coverage from Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and Colonial Athletic Association (CAA).

CSTV: College Sports Television, Channel 610

A new 24-hour network dedicated to the best in college sports. Programming features in-depth, original news and information and exclusive games and championships of over 25 men's and women's sports from almost every major conference.

Empire Sports Network, Channel 626

DIRECTV offers Empire Sports a la carte in selected zip codes. Find out all the inside information on your favorite shows and get the inside info on the personalities that make Empire Sports Network a favorite sports network

Fox Sports World, Channel 613

"The Greatest Soccer Network on Earth." This 24-hour channel is your passport to world-class soccer, championship rugby and international sports news. Featured programming includes English Premier League Soccer and the Fox Sports World Report.

FSN ARIZONA, Channel 649

FSN ARIZONA offers exciting coverage of the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Phoenix Coyotes, in additon to its diverse sports programming.

FSN BAY AREA, Channel 654

FSN BAY AREA covers the regions of Northern California, Arizona, Northern Nevada and Southern Oregon with college sports action from Stanford, University of California and the Pac 10 conference. Professional sports coverage includes the Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors, San Jose Sharks and Sacramento Kings.

FSN CHICAGO, Channel 639

FSN CHICAGO covers the Chicago metropolitan area, including Illinois, Northern and Central Indiana and Central and Eastern Iowa. College sports from the Kentucky, Louisville, Northern Illinois and the Big 10 conference are featured along with professional games from the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks.

FSN CINCINNATI, Channel 638

FSN CINCINNATI covers Ohio and Kentucky with college sports from the Great Midwest, MAC, Atlantic and ACC conferences, as well as professional baseball from the Cincinnati Reds.

FSN DETROIT, Channel 636

Covers the Detroit metropolitan area, including the Detroit Red Wings.

FSN FLORIDA, Channel 634

FSN FLORIDA offers complete coverage of sporting events in Florida, including such teams as the Florida Marlins, Florida Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Mutiny, University of Miami, and the University of Southern Florida. In addition to this specialized sports coverage, FSN FLORIDA also offers a complete line-up of diverse sports programming.

FSN MIDWEST, Channel 647

FSN MIDWEST provides sports coverage from Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas and Missouri. The BIG XII, BIG TEN, Missouri Valley, Conference USA & WAC conferences are featured, as well as professional sports games from the St. Louis Cardinals, Indiana Pacers, and St. Louis Blues.

FSN NEW ENGLAND, Channel 620

FSN NEW ENGLAND covers sports in the Northeastern U.S.

FSN NEW YORK, Channel 624

FSN NEW YORK covers the New York, Southern Connecticut, New Jersey and Northeast Pennsylvania areas. College sports action from Seton Hall and the Metro Atlantic and Big East conferences are featured, as well as professional sports from the New York Mets, New Jersey Nets, New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils.

FSN NORTH, Channel 641

A regional sports network that covers Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.

FSN NORTHWEST, Channel 651

FSN NORTHWEST offers exciting coverage of the Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Supersonics, in additon to its diverse sports programming.

FSN OHIO, Channel 637

FSN OHIO provides sports coverage from Ohio, Kentucky, Western Pennsylvania, Western New York and West Virginia. The SEC, ACC, Conference USA, Atlantic Ten and MVC conferences are featured, as well as professional sports games from the Cleveland Indians and Cleveland Cavaliers.

FSN PITTSBURGH, Channel 628

FSN PITTSBURGH features professional and collegiate sports from the Pittsburgh metro area, West Virginia, Western Maryland, Western New York and Eastern Ohio. College coverage includes Notre Dame, games in the Atlantic Ten and the Big East. FSN PITTSBURGH's professional sports roster includes Pittsburgh Pirates and Pittsburgh Penguins games

FSN ROCKY MOUNTAIN, Channel 645

Covers sports in the Midwest, Northwest and Western mountain states. FSN ROCKY MOUNTAIN college coverage includes games from all conferences such as the Big 10, Big 8, Missouri Valley Conference, Pac 10, Big Sky, SEC, SWC and WAC conferences. Professional sports coverage includes Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz, Minnesota Timberwolves, Seattle Mariners, St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Blues. Professional tennis, golf, skiing and boxing are also featured on the Fox Sports bill.

FSN SOUTH, Channel 630

FSN SOUTH regional coverage includes parts of several southeast states including North Carolina, South Carolina, northern Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. Covers the SEC, ACC and southern conferences and professional sports teams including Atlanta Braves and Atlanta Hawks.

FSN SOUTHWEST, Channel 643

FSN SOUTHWEST covers professional and college sports that span the state of Texas. College coverage includes the Southland and SWC conferences. FOX Sports Southwest 24-hour broadcast schedule also includes the Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, San Antonio Spurs and the Dallas Stars.

FSN WEST, Channel 652

FSN WEST sports coverage encompasses games from Southern California, Southern Nevada and parts of Arizona, including the Pac 10, WAC and West Coast conferences. Professional teams include the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings, and Anaheim Angels.

FSN WEST 2, Channel 653

FSN WEST 2 is home to the L.A. Dodgers, the Los Angeles Clippers and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Fuel, Channel 612

Fuel is the first and only 24-hour cable network dedicated to the world of extreme sports.

Madison Square Garden (MSG), Channel 621

Covers sports in the New York area, with college sports from the Big East and professional action from the New York Knicks and New York Rangers.

NBA TV, Channel 601

NBA TV gives an insider's perspective on all the NBA action - in-depth game coverage and highlights, real-time stats and scores, NBA news, behind the scenes, plus great games from years past and much more! Now includes up to 4 live NBA games per week, and live WNBA games! (Blackout restrictions apply.)

New England Sports Network, Channel 623

NESN covers the New England area, including college conferences Big East and ECAC with emphasis on Boston College, Connecticut and Boston University. The professional sports franchises NESN covers are major league baseball's Boston Red Sox and the Boston Bruins of the NHL.

The Outdoor Channel, Channel 606

Founded by outdoorsmen for outdoorsmen, The Outdoor Channel features quality programming designed to educate and entertain sportsmen of all skill levels.

Sunshine Network, Channel 632

Sunshine Network covers professional and college sports from the entire state of Florida. College coverage includes the ACC, TAAC, the Big East and Metro baseball. The professional teams covered are the Florida Marlins, Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, Tampa Bay Lightning and the Florida Panthers.

TVG - The Interactive Horseracing Network, Channel 602

TVG combines the excitement of live coverage from America's top Thoroughbred, Quarter Horse and Harness tracks with the ultimate convenience of in-home wagering  online, or by phone. Includes commentary, interviews, analysis, behind-the-scenes look at the stars of horseracing.

YES Network, Channel 622

Yankees games, with pre- and post-game coverage by sportscaster superstars. Delivers the best combination of sports and entertainment elements in talk, magazine, documentary, and live event formats.

Closed Thread