HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Old
05-08-2012, 02:21 PM
KnightRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
Game 1 was mostly a toss up with Niagara holding an edge in play as the game wore on. Game 2 was Niagara's to win and they really blew it and now last night London played nearly perfect and got the win. This really reminds me of the 2009 West Final. Every game could really go either way but championship teams find ways to come back and London has come back on 5 separate occasions in this series already. Any surprise that Williamson is rattled in his post game already? 2 more wins Knights.
I saw the post game and there is nothing I hate more than to see a losing team blame the refs! Williamson said that his wingers should have been able to get out to Maatta to block the shot on the winning goal but were interfered with and that was the difference.

I absolutely hate hearing stuff like that! It was 2-2 going into the 3rd period and London dominated the 3rd and won the game. They deserved the win last night. The refs didn't beat the Ice Dogs. They took a few dumb penalties and could not get the momentum going. Maybe the next game will be different, but don't make excuses!

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
I saw the post game and there is nothing I hate more than to see a losing team blame the refs! Williamson said that his wingers should have been able to get out to Maatta to block the shot on the winning goal but were interfered with and that was the difference.

I absolutely hate hearing stuff like that! It was 2-2 going into the 3rd period and London dominated the 3rd and won the game. They deserved the win last night. The refs didn't beat the Ice Dogs. They took a few dumb penalties and could not get the momentum going. Maybe the next game will be different, but don't make excuses!
The funny part was on the draw immediately before the winger made no effort to get out to the point. On the goal tierney was held by the centre and Ritchie ran into them both. Are you tellin me one of our softest guys held off Ritchie? They weren't willing to pay the price, period and it's why they are down. I actually like the whining/ ref blaming. If they are not willing to look in the mirror and make adjustments they won't win.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Attachment 56185

Small picture but I hope you get the idea.

Last edited by Grant: 09-30-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:45 AM
dino200022

Knights put a full 60 together, and like u said if Ritchie really wanted to get out to maata he should have no problem with his size and strength haha. Could easily be two to one for Niagara since they dominated play the first two games but if was very nice to see Houser steal one in there barn. Have to lose 3 in a row now which I cant see happening if Houser can steal another one for us it could be good come friday! Another big reason for the lead is how much our boys are sacrificing there bodies to not let pucks through, they are putting on a shot blocking clinic and have been all playoffs!

dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:01 AM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Just to clarify Ritchie wasn't on the ice when the GWG was scored. You guys deserved to win that game fair and square though, no complaints on the officiating from my end.

SignThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:07 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignThornton View Post
Just to clarify Ritchie wasn't on the ice when the GWG was scored. You guys deserved to win that game fair and square though, no complaints on the officiating from my end.
Like I said in my post above, Niagara could easily be up two to one if not for Houser. Niagara definitly carried the play in the first two games!

Old
05-09-2012, 08:45 AM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
Like I said in my post above, Niagara could easily be up two to one if not for Houser. Niagara definitly carried the play in the first two games!
I agree, but will also note London could be up 3-0 if they got a lucky bounce in game 1. Great series so far!

Old
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignThornton View Post
Correct, my bad. Strome, Hamillton, Knuckal were.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8

Beautiful moves by Athanasiou!

Stahl2Stall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8

Hopefully Maata's ok, great game by Houser as usual, and good to see us keep bouncing back nearly instantaneously as we have been in this series.

Stahl2Stall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:38 PM
KnightRanger

Niagara out shoots London 37-21 and if you count the blocked shots more like 60-25 and still lose 4-1. Gotta be deflating for them.

I love the way London is playing right now. Waiting for their chances, capitalizing when they get them and putting everything in the way in their end.

No doubt Houser is the hero tonight. Nice to see AA back in the line up. Can't wait for Friday!

Old
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
dino200022

:handcla p:

Old
05-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Grant
LL Genius

I worked and missed the game I get to watch Friday's though, can't wait! Come on Knights, lets close it out at home so we can give you a proper salute on your way to the Memorial Cup.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Knighthammer

Heh, Knights are now 8-0 when playing on the same night as the Caps in the playoffs.

Hoping Maatta is ok, and had to do a double take when at the end of the game the host asked McKegg where did Houser come from? I guess he forgot how good Houser's been all year.

Knighthammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
Heh, Knights are now 8-0 when playing on the same night as the Caps in the playoffs.

Hoping Maatta is ok, and had to do a double take when at the end of the game the host asked McKegg where did Houser come from? I guess he forgot how good Houser's been all year.
Maybe the Knights will go into many many many overtime periods so the game goes past midnight and into Saturday morning since the Caps play that night and guarantee a win!

Old
05-10-2012, 11:15 AM
aresknights

MArk and staff push the right buttons again.

Great road game. No passengers. One more effort like that and.......

Cant wait til Friday. The "beercase" aka JLC should be electric. Hopefully the Knights continue doing all the "lil" things and the Dogs dont.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:02 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
MArk and staff push the right buttons again.

Great road game. No passengers. One more effort like that and.......

Cant wait til Friday. The "beercase" aka JLC should be electric. Hopefully the Knights continue doing all the "lil" things and the Dogs dont.
Well you have to hand it to all the players buying in and doing all those little things consistently not only throughout the playoffs, but throughout the year. And Houser has just been a beast in net always making the crucial saves and giving his team the opportunity to win. The momentum has shifted so hard in London's favour that I honestly doubt anything can stop them now.

JSavoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:01 PM
damonster
#lydia2012

I say, if knights win friday they are the favourites to win the memorial cup. The way i saw the knights series going before they started.
Windsor, 6 games. Ended up being 4.
Saginaw, 7 games. Ended up being 6.
Kitchner, rangers win in 5 games. Ended up being 4.
Niagara, 7 games. 3-1 now for Knights.

damonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonster View Post
I say, if knights win friday they are the favourites to win the memorial cup. The way i saw the knights series going before they started.
Windsor, 6 games. Ended up being 4.
Saginaw, 7 games. Ended up being 6.
Kitchner, rangers win in 5 games. Ended up being 4.
Niagara, 7 games. 3-1 now for Knights.
I was skeptical all year long due to the age of the Knights and will admit I was all for the Knights trading Knight, Tinordi and Names at the deadline to put the pieces in place to win the Mem Cup next year and the following year, but I'll settle for this year and next year!!!!

I'm a believer now that they can get it done.

Only thing I disagree with is them going in to the Mem Cup as the favorites. The Sea Dogs are the favorites until someone knocks them off their perch! Lets hope they finish it up tonight and put themselves in the position to do so.

Go Knights Go!!!!

Old
05-11-2012, 10:43 AM
defensehockey19

You guys clearly have an abdunance of forwards.. I was wondering what you guys would see as a fair price for a kid like Athansiou or Anderson. Petes need depth upfront... Hatcher isn't quite cutting it!

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:17 AM
aresknights

Mathers to start with

Id prefer to keep Anderson of the 2. AA maybe gets us more coming back.

Old
05-11-2012, 11:20 AM
aresknights

Game day!!!!!

Knights have to stick with the game plan, play disciplined and cash in when ops present themselves. The Dogs have shown a lil frustration of late but they are a solid team capable of winning in the JLC.

Any word on Matta after the shot he took late from Ritchie?

Old
05-11-2012, 11:30 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Mathers to start with

Id prefer to keep Anderson of the 2. AA maybe gets us more coming back.
To Peterborough:
Athansiou, Ryan Rupert and Londons Import pick.

To London:
Mathers, 2nd round pick, Petes Import pick?(9th)

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
aresknights

Cant see Mark Hunter breaking up or giving up the Ruperts