HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Old
05-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Actually I figured since Huberdeau got off with no suspension,Watson deserved similiar leniency,the fact he is a former Spitfire was not in my thought process
But it would look very bad on the CHL to suspend players doing minor things from the bench when you have others who are delivering potential career ending hits to the head. I think the CHL should/will fine London but there won't be any suspensions.

Nabru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
But it would look very bad on the CHL to suspend players doing minor things from the bench when you have others who are delivering potential career ending hits to the head. I think the CHL should/will fine London but there won't be any suspensions.
IRC Richard Greenop was suspended and the Spits fined in the 2009 tournament for the the pre-game "intimidation" routine he did every game in the OHL.

So yes..they do suspend for stupid things while serious infractions get over looked.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:47 PM
OHLFan8771

[QUOTE=Libbs;49958181]IRC Richard Greenop was suspended and the Spits fined in the 2009 tournament for the the pre-game "intimidation" routine he did every game in the OHL.

So yes..they do suspend for stupid things while serious infractions get over looked.[/QUOTE

Who the player is also factors into the stupid things, McKegg on London will most likely be nothing, had another tougher end player like Mathers, McGuire, Bilcke etc. done it maybe they get a game.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
Only problem with this is that it was noticed by the on-ice official. That's why the play was not deemed legitimate. The players do have to play until the whistle is blown but the ref can end a play without blowing the whistle.
It wasn't noticed. There was no whistle and the play continued. It wasn't until the goal was scored, and Shawinigan complained that the referees talked it over and waived it off.

Like the reviewed goal in the Shawinigan vs. Edmonton game, the home team gets the benefit of the referees breaking procedure. Both times the right call was the result, but neither time was the correct procedure followed.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
JL17

One thing nobodies mentioned is all 5 Shaw goals were tipped in by our own players... Griffith has to block the shot on the Gromley goal... instead of just allowing the 5 hole. Weak play on his part.

Houser's starting to fall forward alot when making saves that's a sign of a tired goalie.

4th liners scored the goals... Knight played well considering his ankle but other then that the forwards didn't move there feet after the first 10 minutes.

You could see our D was whereing down as well... just using the top 4 showed.

It's stupid getting into from the bench... your getting beat down let it go. I would have yanked Houser with 10 to go and let Teich get a few minutes of work.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:54 PM
4 Bobby ORR

So the Knights have Dog slayers all playoffs and Memorial Cup but have no answers for the Cats. It's going to have to be high treason to overthrow the Kings.

Now is not the time for Houser to show signs of wear. If he is getting burnt out, not getting that legit back-up goaltender may bite them in the a$$. Agree that Hunter should have replaced Houser when the game was out of reach.

4 Bobby ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Knighthammer

I'm sure the heat is not doing Houser any favours as well.

Thankfully the Knights didn't play tonight, don't think they could've handled the 85C temps

Good'ol Kypreos

Knighthammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:12 AM
aresknights

The heat is bad, but I think it was the ice conditions that were getting to Houser and into his head.
Hes not the best at playin the puck (thou hes improved) and a few times it bounced on him and he got frustrated. A couple close ups by sportsnet and you could see him mouth "the F%#$ing ice is terrible". Add the couple rolling puck top shelf goals that handcuffed him and I saw one of the few times in a couple years he looked mentally frustrated to the point of distracting him.
He has to get past it if it happens again. And I also agree,no issue pulling him in that game once it was almosst over.
The Knights should look to dump pucks in vulnerable areas as well if the ice remains poor esp late in periods

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:34 PM
aresknights

Game time just over 2.5 hrs

Finally starting to hear the buzz in the city, Every place I went today someone was talking about it

This game could go a long way helping one team advance since the winner doesnt have to go back to back to get to the finals.

Old
05-22-2012, 04:56 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Go OIL KINGS and GO Reinhart.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:12 PM
aresknights

Bo in Anderson out- Anderson flu

MArtin in Raine out- Let the squawking begin

Id expect MArtin to be glued to the bemch for the most part.

Well see

Old
05-22-2012, 05:33 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Bo in Anderson out- Anderson flu

MArtin in Raine out- Let the squawking begin

Id expect MArtin to be glued to the bemch for the most part.

Well see
While I am not a Knight fan,I think to put Martin in and Raine out is a dumb move
Raine to me is an underrated d-man and gets treated much like Bo Horvat,in that he does not get the ice time deserved
Martin has had little to no ice time this post season,should be as rusty as a nail
I would have put in Welchtka instead to give the Knights a boost

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:37 PM
JL17

Quote:
While I am not a Knight fan,I think to put Martin in and Raine out is a dumb move
Raine to me is an underrated d-man and gets treated much like Bo Horvat,in that he does not get the ice time deserved
Martin has had little to no ice time this post season,should be as rusty as a nail
I would have put in Welchtka instead to give the Knights a boost
The slow ice conditions out there... Imagine Martin moving.... Snails pace.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:14 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
The slow ice conditions out there... Imagine Martin moving.... Snails pace.
It may not effect him as much. His feet dont move quick anyway

Legend, Id a consider Wely in as well and Ferry as an emergency D. They are prolly going with 4/5 D anyway.

The only thing I can think of is using him in front on the PP but he hasnt done that all year.

IMO Bo wasnt treated as unfairly as many think and I may be wrong, but he improved so much thru the year its hard to argue they did him wrong. He hasnt looked right to me in in the last few games. Hell be a very good Knight and definitely a leader moving forward. Glad to have him here

GAME TIME

Old
05-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Knights with a 2 goal lead in the third period, going to be a boring period of hockey.

Edit: I feel much more comfortable when the Knights are the team pressuring and are getting the chances haha, please do it more often

Double Edit: Liked the play by Maatta when he didn't have a stick. Hit the guy to get him off the puck then kicked it to a teammate to get it out of the zone.

Last edited by Grant: 05-22-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Grant
LL Genius

KNIGHTS WIN!!!!!

Going into this tournament I did not think I would ever be saying this but...

I hope the Saint John Sea Dogs win tomorrow night. (If they win the Knights are in the finals)

Old
05-22-2012, 09:20 PM
KnightRanger

Only real breakdown in tonight's game was the one that cost them a goal. Knights just don't lose 2 in a row! McKegg finally scores! Hopefully this gets him going.......

WTF is with the powerplay???? If I'm Hunter and the other team takes a penalty, I call the ref over and tell them not to worry about it. We're better 5 on 5! lol

To be fair, the PK has been unbelievable. They will need to keep that up.

Houser looked a little better tonight, but wasn't really tested. I think Watson has taken more shots thus far in the tourney! That was maybe the best trade in OHL history.

Go Sea Dogs Go!

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Only real breakdown in tonight's game was the one that cost them a goal. Knights just don't lose 2 in a row! McKegg finally scores! Hopefully this gets him going.......

WTF is with the powerplay???? If I'm Hunter and the other team takes a penalty, I call the ref over and tell them not to worry about it. We're better 5 on 5! lol

To be fair, the PK has been unbelievable. They will need to keep that up.

Houser looked a little better tonight, but wasn't really tested. I think Watson has taken more shots thus far in the tourney! That was maybe the best trade in OHL history.

Go Sea Dogs Go!
The powerplay is terrible. Usually if a team has a bad powerplay but has a lead you can say 'well it wastes two minutes and gets us that much closer to the win'. The Knights powerplay is so bad you can't say that.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor

A good effort tonight which will give London two days off and a semi-final berth at least. Edmonton had nothing to give tonight. I think their 7 gamer with Portland in addition to playing last night hir them. London controlled this game and was never really threatened. Edmonton's powerplay was much worse than London's. London actually had good chances on their 4 but when the results aren't there, that's all everybody sees. On a negative note, it seems the ghost of Dale's coaching has returned. Colin Martin has not played in 75 days and now he's back. Raine took a penalty that made London two men short against Shawinigan but that was not his fault as the guy turned as the hit was happening. Maybe Bob Martin caught Dale boning a pig on the farm? I am just shocked that he is back out there. He had about 5 shifts but there were at least two odd man rushes for Edmonton because he was out of position. They hit the post and then luckily McKegg came back the other way and scored. I just hope Martin does not cost London a Memorial Cup Championship if the time comes.

Nabru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
A good effort tonight which will give London two days off and a semi-final berth at least. Edmonton had nothing to give tonight. I think their 7 gamer with Portland in addition to playing last night hir them. London controlled this game and was never really threatened. Edmonton's powerplay was much worse than London's. London actually had good chances on their 4 but when the results aren't there, that's all everybody sees. On a negative note, it seems the ghost of Dale's coaching has returned. Colin Martin has not played in 75 days and now he's back. Raine took a penalty that made London two men short against Shawinigan but that was not his fault as the guy turned as the hit was happening. Maybe Bob Martin caught Dale boning a pig on the farm? I am just shocked that he is back out there. He had about 5 shifts but there were at least two odd man rushes for Edmonton because he was out of position. They hit the post and then luckily McKegg came back the other way and scored. I just hope Martin does not cost London a Memorial Cup Championship if the time comes.
I speak from the opposite side I hope Martin does cost the Knights a mem cup it would the reward for dressing that stiff

Old
05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
aresknights

I thought the Knights played their game last night.
Back to back games in these conditions look to be a tough go and it seems to be showing.
The kids on this team played very well last night. i thought Tierney was real solid.
Ruperts were the Ruperts, getting us on the board early.
Watson has been incredible. Blocking shots, winning draws, getting the tough matchups, clearing pucks, just doing it all.
"4th" line was solid
The first period the Knights showed up, didnt shy away from contact and took it to Edmonton
PK was outstanding leaving very little in terms of shooting or passing lanes
PP- at least we didnt get scored on It looked better at times but no goals.
Houser still looks off, but London gave very little in terms of quality scoring chances and he made plays when he had to.

Go Saint John (for one night anyway )

Old
05-23-2012, 10:21 AM
hockeylegend11

Nice bounce back win for the Knights looks like Edmonton played similiar to London on their tale end of a back to back
Hope Shawinigan wins make the Knights earn their way to finals
My motto is ABL
Anybody But London

Old
05-23-2012, 10:41 AM
aresknights

All is as it should be HL

I wouldnt count Shaw outta the game tonight by any means but am hoping Saint John lays it on them good, setting up a potential nasty semi final all Q matchup.

Old
05-23-2012, 01:16 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Nice bounce back win for the Knights looks like Edmonton played similiar to London on their tale end of a back to back
My motto is ABL
Anybody But London
Mine to I am not a Knights fan and when we are at games at the JLC I always cheer against them lol.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Aver33

Send a message via MSN to Aver33
Quote:
My motto is ABL
Anybody But London
Hey troll, go back to your teams thread. Or get back to the golf course. No doubt a disgruntled fan of a team the Knights swept away to the golf course earlier in the playoffs. The village called they want you back.
That goes for the other posters that have nothing to offer but snide quips in a Knights season thread

Fooooore!

Aver33 is offline   Reply With Quote