HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Old
05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aver33 View Post
Hey troll, go back to your teams thread. Or get back to the golf course. No doubt a disgruntled fan of a team the Knights swept away to the golf course earlier in the playoffs. The village called they want you back.
That goes for the other posters that have nothing to offer but snide quips in a Knights season thread

Fooooore!
Nice to see that an opposing viewpoint is disdained u useless piece of colon

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Aver33

Send a message via MSN to Aver33
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Nice to see that an opposing viewpoint is disdained u useless piece of colon
Whooo looks like i struck a nerve! Speaking of useless, I have observed this thread for awhile and MOST previous posts have offered nothing but disdain and far reaching comments opposing the Knights specifically designated to the Knights season and playoffs thread. Perhaps a closet Knights fan! or just doesn't have anything better to do with their time(Now that their team has been swept aside) than oppose most everything London or the Knights.

sincerely,
One proud Knights fan!

keep reaching for those negative quips troll...

Aver33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:10 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Whooo looks like i struck a nerve! Speaking of useless, I have observed this thread for awhile and MOST previous posts have offered nothing but disdain and far reaching comments opposing the Knights specifically designated to the Knights season and playoffs thread. Perhaps a closet Knights fan! or just doesn't have anything better to do with their time(Now that their team has been swept aside) than oppose most everything London or the Knights.

sincerely,
One proud Knights fan!

keep reaching for those negative quips troll...
Lets see over 1700 posts 1st time ever called a troll,u tell me who is the sensitive

one for offering opposing viewpoints

Thats okay I will continue to post in other forums,especially the one that had 7000

plus posts as opposed to this one who has maybe 1600

7 years between mem cup wins is hardly worth bragging about,when u hit 2 in a row

maybe your comments will be worthy

Old
05-23-2012, 03:20 PM
aresknights

It's always nice to have Spit fans chiming in, ESP when we "handled" the Spits in the first round. There's no reason they should be happy we are doing well. And he's acknowledge good efforts. I was pissed when the spits won as well and it should be that way!!!!!!!!!
As for the 2 in a row, great job, let's see if they got lucky or the management team can follow it up. Any1 can win the lottery ( every team passing on Ellis) The knights have a track record over ten years the spits over 5. Time will tell. Save that argument for the summer when we're done playin and things are slow hehe
Keep posting HL. It's been good luck for us so far.

aresknights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Aver33

Quote:
Lets see over 1700 posts 1st time ever called a troll,u tell me who is the sensitive

one for offering opposing viewpoints

Thats okay I will continue to post in other forums,especially the one that had 7000

plus posts as opposed to this one who has maybe 1600

7 years between mem cup wins is hardly worth bragging about,when u hit 2 in a row

maybe your comments will be worthy
1700? Wow. You must be proud! As I STATED before - nothing better to do with their time than patrolling a Knights season thread, chest thumping about their teams past accomplishments. Sad. KEEP REACHING as usual. That was yesterday. This is the present. I don't really care how much you put yourself or you're team on a pedestal about post totals or what happend in the past. Than deeming(in your mind) "whats worthy" to comment because of it. Get your golf clubs out, get some new priorities and live in the present.

I hope the Knights can continue to make you grind your teeth during this tournament. If the Knights do, or don't win this tournament. It won't change how proud I or any other fellow Londoner/Knights fan for that matter, feel of the way the Knights have battled and wore their hearts on their sleeves when they play. That's just been incentive for them to keep proving the critics wrong. Especially the critics/chest thumpers who offer, really, nothing of substance when they post in opposing teams forums. Here's an idea, post in the Memorial Cup thread in the prospects forum and join some of the other naysayers or critics. I mean, with you're 1700 posts your 'worthy' of it.
Go Knights Go!

Last edited by Aver33: 05-23-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old
05-23-2012, 04:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
It's always nice to have Spit fans chiming in, ESP when we "handled" the Spits in the first round. There's no reason they should be happy we are doing well. And he's acknowledge good efforts. I was pissed when the spits won as well and it should be that way!!!!!!!!!
As for the 2 in a row, great job, let's see if they got lucky or the management team can follow it up. Any1 can win the lottery ( every team passing on Ellis) The knights have a track record over ten years the spits over 5. Time will tell. Save that argument for the summer when we're done playin and things are slow hehe
Keep posting HL. It's been good luck for us so far.
Thanx for the kind words aresknights,think I will change it up and not post until the completion of the mem cup tourney,maybe that will change my luck,although I must say at this pt in the tourney its not luck that the Knights are in the thick of things,looks like 4 evenly matched teams in the tournament,anybody can win
my new fav team is Shawinigan
BTW it was the golf course comment that set me off,unecessary and provocative,deserving of a stinging rebuke,which I did
At least u and I respect one another,and we can exchange view pts

Old
05-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Aver33

Quote:
BTW it was the golf course comment that set me off,unecessary and provocative,deserving of a stinging rebuke,which I did
At least u and I respect one another,and we can exchange view pts
you darn straight it was provocative comment! I call it as I see it! With all your "opposing viewpoints" (thats what you call it) throughout the playoffs/Memorial Cup. Then saying IM the one providing unnecessary provocative comments! LOL!
Hypocrisy at it's fullest on display here! Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! yada yada. btw you're "Stinging rebuke" didn't phase me what so ever. Just as the critics and naysayers haven't been phasing the Knights this season.
cue the killing the other posters with kindness routine now...
Don't get me wrong, i encourage opposing viewpoints, but when it's the same old rhetoric, it gets tiring and old. Fast!

Old
05-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Libbs

Oooohhhhhh. A keyboard warrior!

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Aver33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Oooohhhhhh. A keyboard warrior!
Truth hurts. As I said, I call it as I see it. I observed this stupid rhetoric routine too long without saying my opinion about it. I call a spade a spade. Thats my opinion on the matter. If you wanna play the "spin on words" game too, than the real warriors around, are the Ruperts, Watson and the whole team displaying they're shot blocking/do whatever it takes to win playing. Because in my eye's, it's been a pleasure to observe and making this longtime Knights fan, very proud. From the players right through to the coaches, it's been a complete team commitment and effort with no passengers! Very satisfying, especially when most weren't expecting this long of a run all the way to the big dance. But i really don't expect opposing team fans to share this view, especially when it comes from disgruntled fans who were blips on the early playoff radar... or victims.

Go Knights Go!

Old
05-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Truth hurts. As I said, I call it as I see it. I observed this stupid rhetoric routine too long without saying my opinion about it. I call a spade a spade. Thats my opinion on the matter. If you wanna play the "spin on words" game too, than the real warriors around, are the Ruperts, Watson and the whole team displaying they're shot blocking/do whatever it takes to win playing. Because in my eye's, it's been a pleasure to observe and making this longtime Knights fan, very proud. From the players right through to the coaches, it's been a complete team commitment and effort with no passengers! Very satisfying, especially when most weren't expecting this long of a run all the way to the big dance. But i really don't expect opposing team fans to share this view, especially when it comes from disgruntled fans who were blips on the early playoff radar... or victims.

Go Knights Go!
You're a type of fan that's all decked out with a skirt and gold and green pom poms, aren't you? It's OK...you can admit it

Old
05-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Aver33

Quote:
You're a type of fan that's all decked out with a skirt and gold and green pom poms, aren't you? It's OK...you can admit it
Actually I used to go on the road supporting my team, especially in Windsor and I was as vocal in support on my team just as you, for your team probably. Only difference here being... I still am able to support my team at the current moment, but hey, stay classy with those constructive "opposing viewpoints" coming fellow opposing team fan(s). And take alook at the thread, genius. It's a Knights thread. Of course im going to support my team here, sport. They deserve it. Where's your respected club? Just proves my point... Trolls. blah. Somethings never change. Get a clue!

Last edited by Aver33: 05-23-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old
05-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Actually I used to go on the road supporting my team, especially in Windsor and I was as vocal in support on my team just as you, for your team probably. Only difference here being... I still am able to support my team at the current moment, but hey, stay classy with those constructive "opposing viewpoints" coming fellow opposing team fan(s). And take alook at the thread, genius. It's a Knights thread. Of course im going to support my team here, sport. They deserve it. Where's your respected club? Just proves my point... Trolls. blah. Somethings never change. Get a clue!
Oh don't be so sensative.

My club was the 8th seed that clinched a playoff spot on the last weekend of the season. This isn't the NHL... 8th seeded teams rarely make it out of the 1st round. Kind of expected them to lose to London... so to ask where my team is as an attempted insult or something really shows your childish responses to the situation and living vicariously through your team. That's fine... but don't be surprised if you take some heat from other fans. You seem to want everyone to bow down to the almighty London... sorry, isn't going to happen. I hate London! Always have... always will.

Are you seriously butt hurt over some Spits fans say on a message board? Wow...you must have an easy life.

Old
05-23-2012, 05:35 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:

Are you seriously butt hurt over some Spits fans say on a message board? Wow...you must have an easy life.
It's not the fans.

Let's just say I'd expect better from some posters(one's I know personally)...not all...but some. I've learned a lot about a few people this year. Kinda embarrassing really to see some poster's I respect acting the way they have. I love good natured ribbing as much as the next guy...but there is a fine line..as with anything. There comes a time when a person's professionalism should kick in. One can take things too far and then the fan gets clogged with sh....well...you know the rest..

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 05-23-2012 at 05:45 PM.
PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Attachment 56501

Last edited by Grant: 09-30-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Aver33

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, i encourage opposing viewpoints, but when it's the same old rhetoric, it gets tiring and old. Fast!
As I said before, Libbs. Assume what you will. Talking about 8th place seeding vs 1st... i do realize it was another poster rehashing the past but, 2002, London - Plymouth first round. Need I say more. Keep throwing around those playground, childs play comments. Stay classy.

Old
05-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Sea Dogs take the early lead!!!

Old
05-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Aver33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
It's not the fans.

Let's just say I'd expect better from some posters(one's I know personally)...not all...but some. I've learned a lot about a few people this year. Kinda embarrassing really to see some poster's I respect acting the way they have. I love good natured ribbing as much as the next guy...but there is a fine line..as with anything. There comes a time when a person's professionalism should kick in. One can take things too far and then the fan gets clogged with sh....well...you know the rest..

Just my 2 cents.
Alright, well, on behalf of my fellow friends and Knights fans I apologize for overstepping my boundaries and assisting with the Sh.. flinging around this thread. My apologies. Everyone's got two cents. My apologies as well to the opposing team fans that I made some hasty barbs at and their teams. Enjoy the rest of the hockey. Looking forward to reading opinions and comments the rest of the way. After all - we're all junior hockey fans first and foremost... Especially when it deals with ones professionalism. I wasn't.
I have read and seen alot worse that wasn't questioned by some. Just two fans having an exchange just like the rivalry amongst the teams. Everyone's got varying opinons when things are taken too far. Evidently. I never personally insulted anybody.

Thanks for the perspective. I guess I lost mine.

Last edited by Aver33: 05-23-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old
05-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Grant
LL Genius

2-0 lead and Sea Dogs still on the powerplay!!! WOOHOO!!!!

(feels odd cheering for the Sea Dogs but I really really want them to win tonight haha)

Old
05-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Grant
LL Genius

I don't like the intent to blow the whistle rule. Always told to play to the whistle at all levels of all sports. But in hockey you should actually only play until you think the play should be blown dead :

Old
05-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
It's not the fans.

Just my 2 cents.
They joys of posting anonymously on the internet Feel free to PM if you want to get into more specifics.

@Aver33- I'm as classy as they come buds. Don't worry about me

Old
05-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
They joys of posting anonymously on the internet Feel free to PM if you want to get into more specifics.

@Aver33- I'm as classy as they come buds. Don't worry about me
All of a sudden I again can't wait until Anchorman 2 comes out in theaters

Old
05-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Grant
LL Genius

And the London Knights advance to the Memorial Cup final!!!

Old
05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
aresknights

Were was the Spits/ Knights animosity during their playoff round

Knihgts beating Kitchener and Windsor on the way to the OHL title, AWESOME. Only thing better would have been spanking OS as well on the way

Knights in the CHL finals! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

aresknights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Bruinvasion
HFBoards Sponsor

There's nothing wrong with what legend or libbs posted. Happy to read posts from different fans' perspectives.

Well, we wanted the Quebec League rematch for the semis and we'll get it. Wish Edmoton would have taken more out of the Cataracts but whatever.

If Shawinigan gets by Saint John somehow, I realy like London's chances Sunday with Shawinigan playing 4 in 5. I also don't think London would lose again to those guys in those circumstances. If Saint John wins (and they probably will) it will be a tough task to beat the defending champs again. But if there's one thing we know, Mark Hunter will have the team preapred the best he can. They won't lose because of lack of effort. After what the Knights have shown us this year, it's tough betting against them.

Bruinvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:03 AM
SimonTemplar

WTH I go away for a bit and a school yeard brawl breaks out....between Windsor/ London....big surprise there.

Much like Shawi/ Sea Dogs it would be good to see Spit's/ Knights in same Mem Cup.

The boards would fry.....lol

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote