HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Old
03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
KnightRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
I think the twins miss him much more then the fans right now, like u said JL! Next year I think is where we will really miss him as Fans but there is no way u can compare Fox for Mckegg let be honest. Mckegg was a good deal said to see him go at the end of the year!
The Knights scored more goals and had a better winning percentage as a team with Fox and Donnay than they have with Mckegg, Watson and Cook. Not to mention how much stronger they would be next year with those guys in the line up! I'm not going to suggest Fox and Donnay are better players, because they are not, but the team stats were way better overall. McKegg and Watson are putting up points, but look the fallout in production from their 2nd and 3rd line guys since they came in. There's too much talent on this team to get shut out twice in a row and have the 10th ranked PP in the league going into the playoffs. They better win the last 2 this season or they will be hard pressed to get past the 2nd round! They don't fare so well against the Rangers. Haven't even beat Gibson yet. Just my opinion. We'll see how it plays out!

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
aresknights

They may be in just as much trouble finishing 1st or 2nd. OS, Sagnasty and Sarnia can present issues for a top 2 team, just asa Ktown can.

I know Halmo is out but if they can thru the 1st rd they could be trouble.

Ive never felt 1st in the West was a huge deal. I feel its more important come the O finals when a western team may have to go to Niagara and play a real good team in that barn. The race is still on and the Knights control their destiny.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:20 PM
aresknights

1 game left and the conf still up for grabs.

Congrats to Mr Houser. He has a shared place in the OHL record books. I gotta figure they let him go for it in Erie tonight.
Not bad for a kid who came to town, flying in under the radar. Mark has really gotten a lot outta FAs and late picks over the years and Houser maybe the best of the bunch.
Sanza, McNeil, Prust, Anderson et al....
1st in the west has never been the most important thing for me. Its all about the POs. If this team can get to the conf finals Id consider the season a big success based on the projections early in the year. But now that they are here why not?.....
Not sure how this group will react in the POs (youth, stumbling to the finish, not the most physical team, mid pack special teams) but itll be a valuable experience none the less.
The staff has maxxed out the potential for the reg season, well see if they can in the POs as well. Its a different level.
Solid goaltending (Houser has to stay healthy) a real solid top 4/5 D (real thin after that) and a real deep group of Fs (a lil light on bangers)
Nothing is gauranteed with any of the top 6 capable of winning a couple rounds ( Hamlos loss may put OS in real trouble). 7/8 place I feel MAY have upset potential but would struggle to win 2 series to get to the finals.
Cant wait for next weekend and an endless supply of PO games on the action pak

Old
03-17-2012, 12:29 PM
aresknights

The Knights really took advantage of Sarnia miscues yesterday.
Bad pinch by 77, and off the Knights go 2-1 for their first goal in almost 8 periods.
Sting take a penalty less than a min after going up 2-1. Domi snipes one as he cuts across the ice. Hes been stuggling to find the net.
Hottot gets his stick up , trying to avoid a hit from Griffith? He got away with the same play earlier getting his stick in Ruperts face earlier trying to avoid a clean hit.
Another PP goal follows. Knight allowed to stand alone in front gets the tip. As well Sarault could easily have gotten in front of MAtta but instead pulled the flamingo. You have to pay the price in that situation. Tie game, third period and he lets MAtta have a clean look?
I feel sorry for Galneychuk. Heard hell be ok thou.
Saw Yakupov interview after I got home from the game. Good kid. Head on right it seems.

Old
03-17-2012, 01:47 PM
aresknights

Houser, tinordi and domi staying in London.
Guess I was wrong about giving him a chance for the
record.
I'm not upset thou. He had a chance to wrap it up but unfortunately the boyz didn't score for a couple games.
Cest la vie!
The 2nd season begins this weekend

Old
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Got my tickets for game 1. I'm starting to get excited.

Hopefully it's a good long run this year.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:40 PM
jughead42

Here's hoping we can rekindle the hate and passion of earlier days. The last time these clubs met, it seems like things weren't very cut throat or savage between fans of these two teams. There instead was a mutual respect of sorts, mostly because of the simply dazzling roster of talent that dismantled the Tavares led knights with clockwork precision. It's hard to hate something so beautiful and perfect, I get that. But this season should be different. There is nothing beautiful in how this Spitfire team plays, they win ugly. Let's work up a good hate and really enjoy this one, it has the makings of a classic.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:37 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Let's work up a good hate and really enjoy this one, it has the makings of a classic.
Hopefully a classic beat down Still havent fully got that taste outtta my mouth from the OT series.
Windsor had some reg season success vs the Knights this year and hopefully that ends now
If the Knights can match the work ethic of the Spits it should be over quick. If they dont, and get caught up playing Spits hockey it may go 6.

Cant wait til Friday.

Old
03-19-2012, 04:59 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Here's hoping we can rekindle the hate and passion of earlier days. The last time these clubs met, it seems like things weren't very cut throat or savage between fans of these two teams. There instead was a mutual respect of sorts, mostly because of the simply dazzling roster of talent that dismantled the Tavares led knights with clockwork precision. It's hard to hate something so beautiful and perfect, I get that. But this season should be different. There is nothing beautiful in how this Spitfire team plays, they win ugly. Let's work up a good hate and really enjoy this one, it has the makings of a classic.
Lets go back a few and say the Kadri, Carlson and DelZotto led London Knights... Tavares didn't have much to say in the series aside for 20 minutes of good hockey in game 5.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Lets go back a few and say the Kadri, Carlson and DelZotto led London Knights... Tavares didn't have much to say in the series aside for 20 minutes of good hockey in game 5.
Let's cut Kadri out of there too, since his contributions consisted mainly of flipping the puck into traffic, then losing his balance and spinning to the ice when a stick got to within 2 feet of him. He really wasn't a factor, beyond the odd power play he was able to draw with his limited acting skills. At least Tavares looked a bit dangerous when he had the puck. I'll go along with the Carlson/Del Zotto led Knights however, Carlson was a beast in that series. I hated that guy.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
dino200022

Anyone else as scared as I am?

dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
Anyone else as scared as I am?
Scared of what?

You're playing an 8th seeded team that doesn't have our best player in the line-up. While Spit fan in me hopes for an upset, the reality of it all is that the Knights are a much better team. If we can push the series to 6 I'll be happy.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:20 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Scared of what?

You're playing an 8th seeded team that doesn't have our best player in the line-up. While Spit fan in me hopes for an upset, the reality of it all is that the Knights are a much better team. If we can push the series to 6 I'll be happy.
All it takes is a hot tendy to steal a few!!!

Old
03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
aresknights

I don't mind this match up.
Spits are well coached and should compete but they should be hard pressed to score consistently, especially if they keep a F high to try and slow London down. Keep an eye on Kirby! With Koko out he's one of only a few that can snipe.
London's goal defensively should be 2 or less against per game.
The knights have to find a way to skate thru the blues with speed. It'll allow them to create off the rush or dump it to a corner and forecheck. That speed and placement of dump in is key to having any success. Pucks have to go deep if they don't have a play at the blueline.
Look for London to get after Ebert.
Score early in games and it should be over quick. If not pavelka and their team get a big lift.
London cant get sucked into the Spits game. It'll happen I'm sure but hopefully only for a game or 2. The first round always seems to be one of the a scrappiest.
London in 5.
The only thing better than beating the Spits (or the Sound) is crushing the Rangers!

I still Got that @#* taste in my mouth from the all OT series

Can't wait til Friday! The POs are a nice step up from reg season. Let's see if the boyz respond after lolly gagging thru the last 3 weeks. I think they respond well and cruise to a 4 or 5 game series win

Old
03-22-2012, 09:21 PM
dino200022

Robbie Czinder has been playing some good hockey agianst the Knights. He is a big boy who will shoot the puck from anywhere if we can keep him and Rychel under check we should be alright...tough to do though Tinordi has had problems containing Czinder and his well built frame.

Old
03-22-2012, 09:36 PM
jughead42

I think the thing that should be scary for the knights is that this Spitfire team plays a game that adapts well to the playoffs. When goals are harder to come by its the dirty goals that often decide a series, and those are pretty much all this Windsor team scores. They muck, they grind, and they crash the net with their sticks on the ice. Pavelka has shown he's capable of stealing games on his own, running into the hot goaltender is the great bugaboo for all contending teams. If London's powerplay is clicking, Windsor will be in trouble. If it struggles, things will be interesting. At the very least, you know London will be paying some sort of price if win this series. You won't be escaping unscathed to the second round, there will be bruises.

Old
03-22-2012, 10:59 PM
JSavoire

London is still one of my favourites to be one of the last few teams standing before the final showdowns begin and a lack of injuries to key guys so far will be the difference. We all know that once you knock keys guys out, especially guys with experience, then you're in a world of hurt. Best hockey is on its way...

JSavoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

WHAT A GAME!

Good start, lets run Windsor out in 4 straight. Especially after what that goon McCann was pulling on Domi.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Libbs

Domi pulled a Cousins! Yap, yap, and yap some more then run away when the guy reacts. Pretty comical really.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:13 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
WHAT A GAME!

Good start, lets run Windsor out in 4 straight. Especially after what that goon McCann was pulling on Domi.
Domi reminds me of Stamkos when he played Jr,very talented and yellow
Earlier chirps Marchese and then crosschecks him across the back the next shift
Gets involved with Mccann,asks to go Mccann obliges and he has to have his life saved,all the while throwing punches while Mccann is being held,check the tape,gutless

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:19 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Domi reminds me of Stamkos when he played Jr,very talented and yellow
Earlier chirps Marchese and then crosschecks him across the back the next shift
Gets involved with Mccann,asks to go Mccann obliges and he has to have his life saved,all the while throwing punches while Mccann is being held,check the tape,gutless
I usually agree with you on a number of things HL11...but this was an orchestrated attack. Chirping happens all the time..if you can't handle it..you need your cup checked. It's part of the game. You don't have to back up chirping..it's not an unwritten rule or against the "code". The bump on Houser was again a planned incident. People can say Houser had no business being behind the net that long and I'll quip right back he was in his "protected" area. I normally like a good gritty response to the other teams game plan..but last night was Bush League. Sorry bro. The bench knows the importance of Houser. I predicted what would happen should the Knights get up by 3 in the 3rd period..and I was bang on the money almost as if it was scripted . Hell...I'd back my team if they reacted the same way Windsor did and gooned it up. It doesn't make it right.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 03-24-2012 at 09:28 AM.
PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:21 AM
hockeylegend11

While the officiating had nothing to do with the score,Knights were full value for the win,one team played great,the played poorly,generous non call on Mckegg,definite 3rd man in,re the Domi fight,though it was great to see Knight dragged 10 ft on the ice by Devlin,Houser after a mini bump delivers a slash no penalty,Harrington jumps Macqueen no penalty
Again nothing to do with the score
Some people on Londons fan forum were complaining about Macqueens hit on Houser,but nary a word about Griffith`s hit on Pavelka ,the difference was Pavelka was in his crease,Houser was not
Oh well series will get rougher now
Losing Bilcke hurts thou Bowen will come in and he is tougher then Bilcke

Old
03-24-2012, 09:33 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Some people on Londons fan forum were complaining about Macqueens hit on Houser,but nary a word about Griffith`s hit on Pavelka ,the difference was Pavelka was in his crease,Houser was not
You've been around the game long enough to distinguish between a hockey play(Griffith driving the net with the puck) and a calculated incident dying for a response (MacQueen late in a 3-0 game)..c'mon HL11...yer better than that. Your Homer colours are blinding me.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:37 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I usually agree with you on a number of things HL11...but this was an orchestrated attack. Chirping happens all the time..if you can't handle it..you need your cup checked. It's part of the game. You don't have to back up chirping..it's not an unwritten rule or against the "code". The bump on Houser was again a planned incident. People can say Houser had no business being behind the net that long and I'll quip right back he was in his "protected" area. I normally like a good gritty response to the other teams game plan..but last night was Bush League. Sorry bro. The bench knows the importance of Houser. I predicted what would happen should the Knights get up by 3 in the 3rd period..and I was bang on the money almost as if it was scripted . Hell...I'd back my team if they reacted the same way Windsor did and gooned it up. It doesn't make it right.
Myself if a goalie is outside the crease u dont hit him,and if he is in the crease u definitely dont go there ala Griffith,the Spits probably filed away until the game score was out of hand,as Houser has not been run before when the Knights had huge leads this season
I knew it when Pavelka got run,Houser might get it and he did
Maybe he should talk to griffith about it

Old
03-24-2012, 09:43 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
You've been around the game long enough to distinguish between a hockey play(Griffith driving the net with the puck) and a calculated incident dying for a response (MacQueen late in a 3-0 game)..c'mon HL11...yer better than that. Your Homer colours are blinding me.
I can agree driving the net is one thing but not pulling up is still another Griffith had time chose not to
Macqueen could have done worse but what he did was not suspendable