HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Old
03-24-2012, 05:15 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Actually if you watch the replay Domi is working McCann with his stick in the ribs prior to McCann going after him. It wasn't anything particularly violent or dirty, but it was enough to be annoying and deserve a response when the game is already decided. I don't think Maxi pad is at Cousin's level quite yet, but he does have that element to his game. You probably shouldn't get involved with the stick work if you are the sort of guy who can't defend himself.
From where I was sitting in the stands McCann was holding Domi's stick. So he gave him a bit of a shot. It was going both ways. Domi was yapping and getting under his skin and McCann let him. It was hockey. Nothing more, nothing less. The refs should have given them each 10 and sent them home at that point.

They didn't so all the extra-curricular activities set in with McKegg jumping in to defend his guy, which is to be expected and Windsor followed suit. That happens and is nothing for either team to get worked up about. As a in attendance fan, it was really fun and chippy to watch. Just the kind of hockey I like.

As for the Windsor player running Houser, well, Houser cut him off, and he didn't completely "try" to not hit him. Just some intimidation tactics for the next game. Something for Houser to think about for next game. The Knights responded well to that as well imo. It was a good game. Both teams played hard, but London very well dominated the flow of the game imo. Windsor didn't get much sustained pressure, which is to be expected from a 1v8 matchup.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:08 PM
damonster
#lydia2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
And the hit on Bilcke where your player dove across the ice to attempt to block/deflect a shot and right into Ty's knee was dirty as hell as well. Why can players dive into knees, but head shots are treated as a mortal sin? I bet Ty will miss more time than if he was concussed.
it wasn't a hit, it was a trip. Bickle was skating to go behind the net, the knight player got his stick at his foot, which looked like he didn't mean to, which tripped him and bickle went sliding into the boards. It was not a dirty play.

damonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Actually if you were at the game and saw the whole shift develop from 8 rows away instead of the tv replay, you saw McCann give domi three or 4 shots on the boards BEFORE domi got his sick on McCann. Domi was sticking Up for himself. I got no problem with McCann poking him from behind or raking the back of his head with a stick or domis response to it. But to drop em and chuck em against a unwilling kid, well we all know what was going on.
Totally agree, I was there as well and McCann was taking liberties.

McCann was chasing Domi around and they were going back and forth with the cheap stuff. Then McCann pops Domi with a gloves on punch, refs arm goes up and all of a sudden McCann SNAPS, drops the gloves and starts pummeling on Domi. Domi was startled by the first shot and all of a sudden gets jumped with zero chance to defend himself.

The best fight was Tinordi absolutely tuning up Alonge.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:15 PM
damonster
#lydia2012

Quote:
Actually if you watch the replay Domi is working McCann with his stick in the ribs prior to McCann going after him. It wasn't anything particularly violent or dirty, but it was enough to be annoying and deserve a response when the game is already decided. I don't think Maxi pad is at Cousin's level quite yet, but he does have that element to his game. You probably shouldn't get involved with the stick work if you are the sort of guy who can't defend himself.
if you looked at it McCann had domi's stick, Domi was trying to get it back, looked like he nodded at something McCann said, then McCann gives domi a cheap shot, drops his gloves and grabs domi before domi could even get a chance to drop his stick.

as for the MacQueen incident, it wasn't the first time during the game MacQueen was trying to get at a knight, and for this one if you look Houser moves to the boards to play the puck after turning his back, which he most likly didn't know if MacQueen was coming after him, and when MacQueen hits Houser, he moves his foot behind Houser to knock him down.

In related news I hope Knight is ok.

Old
03-25-2012, 02:17 AM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonster View Post
it wasn't a hit, it was a trip. Bickle was skating to go behind the net, the knight player got his stick at his foot, which looked like he didn't mean to, which tripped him and bickle went sliding into the boards. It was not a dirty play.
Bilke had the puck in front of the net in a pretty wide stance. The London D dove at the puck (presumably) but just landed on Bilke's leg because it was out to the side. It bent in an unnatural way, and Bilke slides towards the boards in agony.

Last edited by Majik1987: 03-25-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: flaming
jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonster View Post
In related news I hope Knight is ok.
Yeah, I did see him limping off after the fight.

Any update on his status?

Old
03-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Big day for London hockey, we got the Knights game on at 2, then the Western Mustangs are in the CIS final on Sportsnet on 7. Really underrated hockey.

Got my tickets for game 3! Section 106. It's about damn time they released all the season ticket holders seats, I had to sit in the 300s last game!

Old
03-25-2012, 09:33 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
It's about damn time they released all the season ticket holders seats, I had to sit in the 300s last game!
Coming from a season ticket holder..who sits in the 300's..you're giving up the best seats in the house to sit in the lower bowl. They couldn't pay me to sit down there. No sight lines...clogged viewing area...only good seats down there are 10 rows up and beyond. 1st 2-3 rows in the upper bowl are the best seats in the JLC. The seats you're snapping up in the lower bowl are corporate seats...not "real" fans. I'd rather those seats be filled with butts that care about the game anyway..so I'm happy the public is getting a chance to snap 'em up.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:35 AM
damonster
#lydia2012

Quote:
Bilke had the puck in front of the net in a pretty wide stance. The London D dove at the puck (presumably) but just landed on Bilke's leg because it was out to the side. It bent in an unnatural way, and Bilke slides towards the boards in agony.
I was right where it happened, never saw a sliding player or him have the puck when he fell.

Last edited by Majik1987: 03-25-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: qe
Old
03-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Coming from a season ticket holder..who sits in the 300's..you're giving up the best seats in the house to sit in the lower bowl. They couldn't pay me to sit down there. No sight lines...clogged viewing area...only good seats down there are 10 rows up and beyond. 1st 2-3 rows in the upper bowl are the best seats in the JLC. The seats you're snapping up in the lower bowl are corporate seats...not "real" fans. I'd rather those seats be filled with butts that care about the game anyway..so I'm happy the public is getting a chance to snap 'em up.
I like being a little closer to the action, but you are 100% correct. I'm in 106 Row N which is just perfect for me.

There isn't a bad seat in the JLC. I was in Row J with my back against the wall on Friday and this was my sightline...

Old
03-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

WOOOOO!

Good win today, glad we picked it up in the second half of the game.

Seems like Windsor fans are raging hard. Good. I hope we *****slap the Spits on Monday.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
WOOOOO!

Good win today, glad we picked it up in the second half of the game.

Seems like Windsor fans are raging hard. Good. I hope we *****slap the Spits on Monday.
Raging hard about what? Its a 1 vs 8 matchup...

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:41 PM
hockeylegend11

Knights can thank the zebras for this win,until the 4 straight PPs the Knights were not the better team
One wonders if Khoklachev plays and Griffith does not do the Knights win
Have to bounce back from a bad job by 2 rookie refs
Did not think the Knights would beat the Spits 5 on 5 today,I was right

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:36 PM
damonster
#lydia2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Knights can thank the zebras for this win,until the 4 straight PPs the Knights were not the better team
i agree it was garbage reffing, but for both teams. the announcers were dumb, rupert is past the red line and shoots on the empty net, "the icing is waved off", no **** cus it wasn't icing.

Old
03-25-2012, 05:59 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Windsor played a very good game...up until they panicked with the lead and allowed London to get their feet moving. Move your feet you'll draw penalties..nobody was complaining when the Spits were outworking the Knights in the 1st and drew 3 straight PP's to go up 2 zip. The officiating didn't lose the game or cost you one..the lack of intensity for 60 minutes did. To blame officiating is the ultimate cop out. Thought I knew ya better than that big guy.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 03-25-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old
03-25-2012, 06:28 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Windsor played a very good game...up until they panicked with the lead and allowed London to get their feet moving. Move your feet you'll draw penalties..nobody was complaining when the Spits were outworking the Knights in the 1st and drew 3 straight PP's to go up 2 zip. The officiating didn't lose the game or cost you one..the lack of intensity for 60 minutes did. To blame officiating is the ultimate cop out. Thought I knew ya better than that big guy.
Lets face it without the PP ,the Knights dont win,2 rookie refs blew it,I would say the same thing if Windsor benefitted from 4 straight penalties,2 of which were not deserved,they brought London back in a game they had no business being in at the time
Thats not homerism,thats fact
5 on 5 the knights were doing nothing
The missed call on Macqueen by Tinordi was brutal,3rd period working on a pp,refs did not have the guts to call it
PP31 I dont mind losing honestly ie Friday,though i think u over reacted to some of the happenings ,but today was disgusting,on the broadcast the announcers thought the officials were doing a great job,off air they agreed with much differnt opinion and it did have a hand in the outcome,to deny is loss of objectivity

Old
03-25-2012, 06:41 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Lets face it without the PP ,the Knights dont win,2 rookie refs blew it,I would say the same thing if Windsor benefitted from 4 straight penalties,2 of which were not deserved,they brought London back in a game they had no business being in at the time
Thats not homerism,thats fact
5 on 5 the knights were doing nothing
The missed call on Macqueen by Tinordi was brutal,3rd period working on a pp,refs did not have the guts to call it
PP31 I dont mind losing honestly ie Friday,though i think u over reacted to some of the happenings ,but today was disgusting,on the broadcast the announcers thought the officials were doing a great job,off air they agreed with much differnt opinion and it did have a hand in the outcome,to deny is loss of objectivity
Where I come from...blaming officials for your own short comings and inability to achieve a goal..is a cop out. Always has been always will be. I call a spade a spade..you know that. If you can't compete and rise above "poor officiating" and you hear it all the time in many forms...you aren't gonna win very many games. Yes there were some questionable calls, but there were also a fair amount of missed calls both ways. I've coached the game long enough to know that as a coach..the last thing you are going to do..is lay blame somewhere else if your team doesn't compete at top level. I thought after Windsor grabbed the 2-0 lead London was the better team and the final score was reflective of that. The Spits caught them flat footed and capitalized to nab a 2 bagel lead but then they went to sleep. London did the same thing in the 2nd once Windsor started panicking with the lead. I won't blame officiating for a loss..no matter how bad they are. The blame lies on the bench and in the room.

Old
03-25-2012, 06:48 PM
hockeylegend11

PP31
I guess we just disagree,to me if the officials let the teams play I doubt London wins today,their calls gave monentum to a team that did not deserve it
There will be a time in the future when the knights will be deserving of better fate, and it will taken away from them,and I will curious to see how u respond,its gonna happen,bank on it

Old
03-25-2012, 06:51 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
PP31
I guess we just disagree,to me if the officials let the teams play I doubt London wins today,their calls gave monentum to a team that did not deserve it
There will be a time in the future when the knights will be deserving of better fate, and it will taken away from them,and I will curious to see how u respond,its gonna happen,bank on it
You play through it. Buck up..or ship out. There was a lot..and I mean A LOT of flopping on both sides of the puck today. The PP's were 6-6...the Spits benefited from 3 straight in the 1st to grab a lead...the Knights benefited from 4 straight in the 2nd to nip back even. It wasn't a pretty game...but it wasn't because of the officials. Now I'll admit I shake my head at some of the calls..and that's both ways..but I don't see how the officials "cost" the Spits the game. I really didn't feel either team played a gem.

let's break it down

1 - LDN T. Ferry, 9:48 - Cross Checking, 2 min (PP) (questionable..but whatever)
1 - LDN S. Griffith, 15:01 - Roughing, 2 min (PP) legit
1 - LDN M. Rupert, 18:22 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)legit
1 - WSR Z. MacQueen, 18:47 - Holding Opp. Stick, 2 min (PP)coulda called both..i'll give ya that 1
2 - LDN S. Griffith, 0:50 - Check to the Head, 2 min (PP)legit...marginal...but Griffith jumped
2 - WSR N. Ebert, 9:44 - Interference, 2 min (PP)legit
2 - WSR J. Maletta, 13:43 - Check from Behind, 2 min (PP)marginal at best after what I saw let go..I woulda washed that 1
2 - WSR S. Posa, 18:10 - Interference, 2 min (PP)legit
2 - WSR Z. MacQueen, 19:09 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)legit he tripped him
3 - LDN T. Hughes, 0:30 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)legit
3 - LDN M. Domi, 4:00 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)legit

there ya go...which penalties "cost" the Spits the game?

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 03-25-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old
03-25-2012, 06:56 PM
hockeylegend11

PP31

Hockey is all about Momentum and knights had it gift wrapped to them
To say the PP were 6-6 is disengenous,the Spits were worn out killing 4 straight using their best players on the both special teams,not an excuse a factor,big differnce

Old
03-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Libbs

Officiating be damned... Spits just don't have the horses. That's the issue...not the officiating.

Last edited by Libbs: 03-25-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Officiating be damned... Spits don't have anyone to generate offense. They just don't have the horses. That's the issue...not the officiating.

Knights are exactly doing much especially today 1 5 on 5 goal
just enough to win

Old
03-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Knights are exactly doing much especially today 1 5 on 5 goal
just enough to win
Ok... but special teams are a part of the game, no? Yes we are doing a good job shutting them down 5 on 5... but if we can't kill penalties or can't score on our PP, you won't win games. No matter how good the officiating is, an entire game won't be played 5 on 5.

Old
03-25-2012, 07:12 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
You play through it. Buck up..or ship out. There was a lot..and I mean A LOT of flopping on both sides of the puck today. The PP's were 6-6...the Spits benefited from 3 straight in the 1st to grab a lead...the Knights benefited from 4 straight in the 2nd to nip back even. It wasn't a pretty game...but it wasn't because of the officials. Now I'll admit I shake my head at some of the calls..and that's both ways..but I don't see how the officials "cost" the Spits the game. I really didn't feel either team played a gem.

let's break it down

1 - LDN T. Ferry, 9:48 - Cross Checking, 2 min (PP) (questionable..but whatever)
1 - LDN S. Griffith, 15:01 - Roughing, 2 min (PP) legit
1 - LDN M. Rupert, 18:22 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)legit
1 - WSR Z. MacQueen, 18:47 - Holding Opp. Stick, 2 min (PP)coulda called both..i'll give ya that 1
2 - LDN S. Griffith, 0:50 - Check to the Head, 2 min (PP)legit...marginal...but Griffith jumped
2 - WSR N. Ebert, 9:44 - Interference, 2 min (PP)legit
2 - WSR J. Maletta, 13:43 - Check from Behind, 2 min (PP)marginal at best after what I saw let go..I woulda washed that 1
2 - WSR S. Posa, 18:10 - Interference, 2 min (PP)legit
2 - WSR Z. MacQueen, 19:09 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)legit he tripped him
3 - LDN T. Hughes, 0:30 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)legit
3 - LDN M. Domi, 4:00 - Tripping, 2 min (PP)legit

there ya go...which penalties "cost" the Spits the game?
The one on Posa was not deserved it was his stick the player stepped on ,posa had position player steps on it ref buys it,opened the floodgates 1st pp goal for london and momentum changed
The non call in third on macqueen hit from behind in the corner by Tinordi figured huge
BTW i was closer to the posa one then u plus i spoke to the player about it

Old
03-25-2012, 07:42 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
PP31

Hockey is all about Momentum and knights had it gift wrapped to them
To say the PP were 6-6 is disengenous,the Spits were worn out killing 4 straight using their best players on the both special teams,not an excuse a factor,big differnce
A good hockey analyst would say the good teams create their own momentum while the bad teams search for excuses... as a response to that.