HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2012, 07:52 PM
  #201
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
A good analyst says let players decide the outcome not the officials,I spoke to 3 nhl scouts and they all felt the officials were too involved in the outcome of the game,ecept for london fans most would agree

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:24 PM
  #202
Rubbers29
Registered User
 
Rubbers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
A good analyst says let players decide the outcome not the officials,I spoke to 3 nhl scouts and they all felt the officials were too involved in the outcome of the game,ecept for london fans most would agree
The spits scored 2 goals today first right after a powerplay that the penalized player had barely established himself back into the play and once on the powerplay, the knights had an even strength goal and more scoring chances 5-5, and besides the 2 goals at the end of the 2nd the spitfires dominated london on the powerplay with london spending most of them regrouping in their own end, the spitfires owned the blueline , most of londons 15 shots in the second came during full strength play, so tell me how Windsor would not have lost this game if the whole thing was played full strength? from the play i saw it would have ended up 1-0 Knights

Rubbers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:37 PM
  #203
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
The fact is that the knights had 5 pps in the 2nd total and they had 9 shots on their pps,does not matter the real fact is the knights got a real lift from generous officiating late in the 2nd when they were being outplayed,hopefully the same happens to them sometime in these playoffs,if not in this round, certainly we will see what he opinions will be from the unbiased london fan base

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:45 PM
  #204
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The fact is that the knights had 5 pps in the 2nd total and they had 9 shots on their pps,does not matter the real fact is the knights got a real lift from generous officiating late in the 2nd when they were being outplayed,hopefully the same happens to them sometime in these playoffs,if not in this round, certainly we will see what he opinions will be from the unbiased london fan base
I've been labelled a lot of things..but never a homer.

Sometimes the better team doesn't win the game..today was not one of those times..sorry bud. The Spits also got a huge lift from 3 straight PP's in the 1st and grabbed a 2-0 lead. Why do you feel the need to point out the fact that the penalties were slanted to get London back into the game..but you fail to mention the calls were slanted to get Windsor their early lead. Did Windsor deserve their lead because they worked for it? I think not. Both teams benefitted from some timely power plays and the better team won..end of story. Quit grasping straws bud..LOL


Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 03-25-2012 at 08:51 PM.
PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:16 PM
  #205
damonster
#lydia2012
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
The fact is, first period London was playing with a lot of emotion from the last game, which gave them 2 penalities that gave up two goals. The second and third, London settled down and were playing the game they wanted to not what Windsor wanted to.

You also look, all 6 of London goals were on the goalies glove side. Hmmmm?

damonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:32 PM
  #206
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonster View Post
The fact is, first period London was playing with a lot of emotion from the last game, which gave them 2 penalities that gave up two goals. The second and third, London settled down and were playing the game they wanted to not what Windsor wanted to.

You also look, all 6 of London goals were on the goalies glove side. Hmmmm?
Knights have scored only 3 goals 5 on 5 in the 1st 2 games,i doubt against higher seeded teams not missing their best offensive player they will be successful,glove side or not

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:39 PM
  #207
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I've been labelled a lot of things..but never a homer.

Sometimes the better team doesn't win the game..today was not one of those times..sorry bud. The Spits also got a huge lift from 3 straight PP's in the 1st and grabbed a 2-0 lead. Why do you feel the need to point out the fact that the penalties were slanted to get London back into the game..but you fail to mention the calls were slanted to get Windsor their early lead. Did Windsor deserve their lead because they worked for it? I think not. Both teams benefitted from some timely power plays and the better team won..end of story. Quit grasping straws bud..LOL
Most of the hockey people i spoke to today felt neither team was better overall then the other infact an overtime game would have been been a more fair result with the winner decided by the players, not the evening up of pp opps to get a team back in
If u think London was the better team fine thats your opinion,I am entitled to mine

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:11 AM
  #208
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Windsor won 1 period and the Knights 2.
Windsor cant generate any 5 on 5 offense. Both 1st period goals were a result of PP (one scored seconds after player got outta the box)
I said theyd struggle to get more than 2 in any game and they will.
Momentum did switch as a result of penalties- no excuse for either team. One team got down 2 because of PPs and used the rest of the game to totally stiffle the opponents for 2 periods. THe other team had 2 straight PP goals against and laid down for the rest of the game.
Its how you respond to the ebbs and flows of the game thats important and the Knights reacted better IMO.
Windsor works hard, but there they dont have the horses this year

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:18 AM
  #209
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Mark and staff have done a good coaching job so far.
A few wrinkles from game 1- split up Tinordi and Harrignton in response to Spits not having a dominant line to shuidown. Might as well balance out the pairs (for now)
The PP had a different look game 1 and game 2 (game 2 forced by Knights absence)
They found a soft spot on the Spit PK and converted 2 from that same spot in mere minutes of the 2nd period yesterday. Good execution and set up.
Totally limiting Spits scoring opportunities. Have they had 5 or 6 in 2 games? Team D is well positioned and the kids have bought in.
For years this team has blocked shots and this years group is well versed as well.
Breakouts seem crisper as well. SOG way down.

The boyz cant get complacent thou. The Spits wont quit and the Knights would do well to get out of this series asap

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:12 AM
  #210
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Windsor won 1 period and the Knights 2.
Windsor cant generate any 5 on 5 offense. Both 1st period goals were a result of PP (one scored seconds after player got outta the box)
I said theyd struggle to get more than 2 in any game and they will.
Momentum did switch as a result of penalties- no excuse for either team. One team got down 2 because of PPs and used the rest of the game to totally stiffle the opponents for 2 periods. THe other team had 2 straight PP goals against and laid down for the rest of the game.
Its how you respond to the ebbs and flows of the game thats important and the Knights reacted better IMO.
Windsor works hard, but there they dont have the horses this year
London did not generate any 5 on 5 yesterday either
Both teams only scored once 5 on 5 in the game

Interesting stat from yesterdays game,wonder how pp31 spins this
Number of pps London had while trailing Windsor=5
Number of pps Windsor had while trailing London= 0
and some will say officiating does not effect the outcome the above stats say otherwise
You say the Knights were the better team 2 out 3 periods,I would say the Knights were the better team the last 23 minutes,3 in the 2nd when they scored 2 pp goals and the third,up to that pt it was 2-0 and Knights were not doing much
You are correct in saying Windsor does not have the scoring power as London this year

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:46 AM
  #211
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
London did not generate any 5 on 5 yesterday either
Both teams only scored once 5 on 5 in the game
No London didnt light it up 5 on 5 BUT did have more scoring ops IMO. SPits 5on5 goal a direct result of PP, came secs after it expired and the Knights hadnt recovered yet. SPits took adv.

Quote:
Interesting stat from yesterdays game,wonder how pp31 spins this
Number of pps London had while trailing Windsor=5
Number of pps Windsor had while trailing London= 0
and some will say officiating does not effect the outcome the above stats say otherwise
Oh you can spin this in many ways round and round, but if ya must.
How about the Spits getting the only 2 PPs in the third, with the game on the line tied up? The refs were obviously trying to let the Spits win right? Spits go oofer 2. How about the SPits getting 3 straight early to get that all important momentum they should have been able to ride, but instead followed the 1st period up with 11 more SOG all game-

Quote:
You say the Knights were the better team 2 out 3 periods,I would say the Knights were the better team the last 23 minutes,3 in the 2nd when they scored 2 pp goals and the third,up to that pt it was 2-0 and Knights were not doing much
I said Windsor won one period and the Knights 2. Won not were better but misquote to try and help ur cause if you must.
ANd Ill say teh Knights were netter since you brought it up. What were the SOG for Windsor in the 2nd?

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
  #212
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
aresknights
The 3 pps in the 1st actually were 2,plus 25 seconds because a penalty was called on Windsor which went into the 2nd period
The Knights also got the games ist pp after rupert headchecked Maletta,no call,though rupert got tuned by marchese and Windsor winds up shorthanded incredibly,the 1st period pp minutes were London 2 Windsor 4.25
In the 2nd period PP minutes were Ldn8.25 Wds-2 big differnce explains most of the shot differential,especially 8 straight pp minutes by London,After Windsor killed off the 1st 2 pps in the 2nd they were leading 2-0 and in control We know what happened then 2 more consecutive pps,One the 1st not derserved and the Knights to their credit too full advantage of the gifts handed to them by the stripes,if the officials let the players decide would have been a different outcome
Momentum change goes to london undeservedly and the Spits game changed
Their will be a time thruout the playoffs that the knights fan base will feel ripped off I guarantee it hopefully sooner then later

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:09 PM
  #213
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
if the officials let the players decide would have been a different outcome
I think if no penalties were called at all wed still have won.
Spits took adv of a couple in the first, the Knights in the second. The knights then made a play to win the game, the Spits didnt despite 2 PPs in third

I get it, you feel the refs cost you the game. Blame it on whatever you want. I happen to disagree. No biggie.

Windsors biggest issues this series are not as much talent, not as much depth, no ability to apply pressure 5 on 5 and no real physical advantage as yet, not the refs screwing them. just my opinion.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:14 PM
  #214
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
aresknights
The 3 pps in the 1st actually were 2,plus 25 seconds because a penalty was called on Windsor which went into the 2nd period
The Knights also got the games ist pp after rupert headchecked Maletta,no call,though rupert got tuned by marchese and Windsor winds up shorthanded incredibly,the 1st period pp minutes were London 2 Windsor 4.25
In the 2nd period PP minutes were Ldn8.25 Wds-2 big differnce explains most of the shot differential,especially 8 straight pp minutes by London,After Windsor killed off the 1st 2 pps in the 2nd they were leading 2-0 and in control We know what happened then 2 more consecutive pps,One the 1st not derserved and the Knights to their credit too full advantage of the gifts handed to them by the stripes,if the officials let the players decide would have been a different outcome
Momentum change goes to london undeservedly and the Spits game changed
Their will be a time thruout the playoffs that the knights fan base will feel ripped off I guarantee it hopefully sooner then later
Why do you refuse to acknowledge the 2 PPs awarded the Spits in the third when the game was tied and they could have controlled thier own destiny? The refs made the calls, set the table for them and the PP failed
The championship Spits teams would overcome PERCEIVED injustices and made plays in spite of it.

As far as feeling ripped off if things dont go our way, wont happen. The refereing is what it is in this league. Inconsistent. Gotta play thru it. Every team disagrees with calls against them. But what HAS to be done is control things you can and let the things you cant go. There are hundreds of times each game a play can be made to help your team win. The Spits arent making enough of them

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:44 PM
  #215
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I think if no penalties were called at all wed still have won.
Spits took adv of a couple in the first, the Knights in the second. The knights then made a play to win the game, the Spits didnt despite 2 PPs in third

I get it, you feel the refs cost you the game. Blame it on whatever you want. I happen to disagree. No biggie.

Windsors biggest issues this series are not as much talent, not as much depth, no ability to apply pressure 5 on 5 and no real physical advantage as yet, not the refs screwing them. just my opinion.
Dont disagree with the lack of talent and depth,comparable to last years London Vs Owen Sd,London was just an annoyance to OS much like Windsor is to London this year,all i am saying was the officials gave the Knights ample opportunity to get back in ie 4 straight pps,Windsor not given the same opp
As for the 2 pps in the third, tide and momentum had changed,tough to get it back,I just wondered why Windsor not given opportuinty when trailing London given 5 windsor none
I will say the officiating was a major factor for losing not the only one,not scoring 5 on 5 more was another,although trying to kill 4 straight penalties took alot of out them as it would most times
By the way,how do explain the disparity in pps when trailing London gets 5 Windsor 0,now that I have answerd yours

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:28 PM
  #216
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
By the way,how do explain the disparity in pps when trailing London gets 5 Windsor 0,now that I have answerd yours
1) you have access to the gamesheet- Spits lead a good portion of the game and that should be taken into your summary but was prolly left out purposely
2) London committed its infractions while tied or losing- they had equal penalties called against and yet your still blaming them. (Im sure you figure the slower afoot SPits deserved more calls but they didnt get there. Im sure Boug isnt leaning on these excuses as much as you are, and if he is theyre done in 4. Gotta get past it.

Quote:
As for the 2 pps in the third, tide and momentum had changed,tough to get it back,
So a Spits coached team is weak minded enough not to overcome a momentum change and make a play on 2 successive 3rd period PPs with the game in the balance?

Quote:
Dont disagree with the lack of talent and depth,comparable to last years London Vs Owen Sd,London was just an annoyance to OS much like Windsor is to London this year,
Last year in the first 2 games the Knights split with the Sound. 1 game they led very late, allowed the tying goal and lost in OT. Some what different to this series. London had a chance to win every game late and gave the Sound arguably their toughest test in the West as an 8th seed. Ill go out on a limb and say Windsor isnt London toughest opponent in this years POs. Completely different. I saw every game.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:40 PM
  #217
dino200022
Registered User
 
dino200022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
You have to remember there is a difference from being on the PP and scoring on the PP. If Windsor scores after Macqueen dives like a little girl they are up 3-2 but they could not do that. I do believe that one team went 2 for 6 and the other was 1 for 6. Funny thing is that the team that went 1 for 6 lost by 1 goal? Maybe instread of crying foul you should watch the game and realize that Windsors skill set without one key guy for sure is just not there. Holden has not been up to snuff on his breakout rushes plan and simple!

dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:41 PM
  #218
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
I will say the officiating was a major factor for losing not the only one
And I would disagree. Not many others complaining on the SPits forum as you are here. hhmm. Thats ok Ill play along.

Im sure tonight we will also, in your opinion, see the refs favour the green n gold and be a major factor if the Spits lose. If the refs call a "fair" game the Spits will win

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:55 PM
  #219
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Most of the hockey people i spoke to today felt neither team was better overall then the other infact an overtime game would have been been a more fair result with the winner decided by the players, not the evening up of pp opps to get a team back in
If u think London was the better team fine thats your opinion,I am entitled to mine
Like the old saying goes...just because I don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean I don't see your point..chances are I see your point..but still disagree.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
  #220
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Like the old saying goes...just because I don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean I don't see your point..chances are I see your point..but still disagree.
PP31

Me too
Understand what you are saying

TC

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 06:53 PM
  #221
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Weak call on Studnicka leads to Ldn 1st goal on the PP
Otherwise evenly played period neither club carried the play

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:08 PM
  #222
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
The refs certainly haven't helped the Spitfires, it was brutal that Devlin got a penalty and the other guy didn't in such a close playoff game. That being said, Devlin was retarded for putting himself in position to let the referees decide it tonight. I've always believed that bad reffing was something you had to overcome as the price of victory, so I won't blame them for the losses. They aren't helping though, I'll say that.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
  #223
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
The refs certainly haven't helped the Spitfires, it was brutal that Devlin got a penalty and the other guy didn't in such a close playoff game. That being said, Devlin was retarded for putting himself in position to let the referees decide it tonight. I've always believed that bad reffing was something you had to overcome as the price of victory, so I won't blame them for the losses. They aren't helping though, I'll say that.
agreed

Last minute goal post prevented ot,knights caught a break there,the non call on the Maletta hit did not help

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
  #224
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Most exciting game of the series could have gone either way

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:46 PM
  #225
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
If it's not for Pavelka...this isn't even close. If not for Pavelka...none of the games are very close.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.